Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

big scary monsters posted:

i added sugar for an original gravity of 1.090 but i guess i hosed up or mushrooms contain more sugar than i thought because at racking the hydrometer just sank (meaning SG <0.990) and according to the vinometer the ABV is sitting at 17%
this sounds like the first time I made hard cider. aimed for 12%, ended up with low grade rocket fuel at 21%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

beer: its whats inside

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
dalmore 12y

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Skim Milk posted:

beer: its whats inside

i mean that’s not wrong in that what is inside of me is a lot of beer

(augustiner helles draft if you’re wondering)

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

i mean thats not wrong in that what is inside of me is a lot of beer

(augustiner helles draft if youre wondering)

their edelstoff export is a disappointment and I am profoundly jealous. I miss living in munich :(

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
pbr

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

no beer for on e month.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

my bitter bi rival posted:

no beer for on e month.

theres literally no negative consequences to beer drinking wtf are you on about mate

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

people have drank beer for thousands of years and you’re telling me all those people are wrong??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

roboshit posted:

people have drank beer for thousands of years and you’re telling me all those people are wrong??

yeah wtf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

just learned i can buy this in my city and now i can try it

certainly don’t expect to get blown away or like it but at least i’ll know

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

echinopsis posted:

just learned i can buy this in my city and now i can try it

certainly don’t expect to get blown away or like it but at least i’ll know

It's very bland, like most US macrobeers.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I was alternating beer (Firestone Walker 805) and Old Fashioneds tonight at the Super Soul Brothers and Bit Brigade show

now one last beer to go with some munchies before we crash for the night

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

It's very bland, like most US macrobeers.

its probably better than nz macrobeer tbh

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

pbr contracs around the world using local macrobrew factories so you might just be drinking a nz macrobrew in a pbr can?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pbr is slightly sweeter than e.g. bud and that's about all i can say about it

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
pbr is a lot like sex on the beach in that it’s loving close to water

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the bsd boys posted:

no, sex on the beach is vodka and schnapps and some fruit juices and tastes nothing like pbr

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

the bsd boys posted:

the joke is sex in a canoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Doug Ford is a steaming pile of poo poo lol
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/08/27/buck-beer-arrives-ontario/

Buck a beer went into effect in Ontario on Monday, but only a handful of brewers have embraced the new, lower minimum price.

The policy lowers the minimum price of a bottle or can of beer to $1 from $1.25. Brewers are not required to charge less and the minimum price doesn’t apply to draft beer, nor does it include the bottle deposit.

Two breweries, Cool Brewery in Toronto and Barley Days Brewery in Picton, Ont., have said they will offer lower-priced brews while Loblaws has said its President’s Choice beer will be available for one dollar a bottle for a limited time.

But the costs of making beer have gone up, as have the provincial and federal taxes, making it less feasible for brewers to sell their product at the $1 minimum price now, he said shortly after Ford announced the policy.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 27, 2018

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

eschaton posted:

I was alternating beer (Firestone Walker 805) and Old Fashioneds tonight at the Super Soul Brothers and Bit Brigade show

now one last beer to go with some munchies before we crash for the night

FSW makes some solid beers. their mocha Merlin is great if you can find it. all I can find now around here is the lovely nitro version.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

half a dozen 16 oz cans of pbr :yeah: and half a dozen 16 oz cans of bud ice :barf:

one of them dour nights to be improved/escaped with beeeeer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
pbr is deece if you drink the neck and top it with soju

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Uptime Sinclair posted:

disgusting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
:kheldragar:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Uptime Sinclair posted:

somaek is only permissible if the ingredients are soju and korean macrobrew, because somaek is slightly less horrible than each ingredient on its own

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

somaek is only permissible if the ingredients are soju and korean macrobrew, because somaek is slightly less horrible than each ingredient on its own
what if it’s korean pbr macrobrewed locally

also didn’t know there was a proper name for it, :tipshat:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i guess but why would you drink that if you can also make everything worse with cass or hite. plus it's going to be cheaper!

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
Sixpoint Alpenflo is delicious, marred only by its utterly ridiculous name and red bull style can

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
it was 95 degrees today but enjoying a 14.7% Bourbon County Stout tonight. i am also out of regular bourbon

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i've got one of those grins going that wishes it could wrap all the way around, 360 style

beer!

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Enjoying 50ml of gin with some tonic while I hurtle through the sky at 30kft.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

having doubles (3 oz) of elijah craig nas with a single ice cube in a jam jar. it’s a good late summer drink. i wish had some mint

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Uptime Sinclair posted:

korean is exactly like german in that you can agglutinate stuff, but you can also agglutinate the initial syllables of stuff. soju + maekju (beer) = somaek

remember, south korean beer got better than north korean beer right before the 2010's

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Uptime Sinclair posted:

having doubles (3 oz) of elijah craig nas with a single ice cube in a jam jar. it’s a good late summer drink. i wish had some mint

I've been have single shots of Elijah this week on the rocks and I think it gives me bizarre dreams

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

heineken

more like heinekant (jk cant stop/wont stop dont ever got to amsterdam)

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

edit: i spent like 300 euro on heinken in 6 days sup yospos

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Had a Heineken the other day, still find Lagunitas IPA a solid offering.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
had a few good Olds Fashioned last Sunday at the Super Soul Brothers and Bit Brigade show

mostly got them with Basil Hayden, though I also tried Old Forrester for variety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy