Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Does anyone know a good QR code for a team to use in the battle tree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, it doesn't have abilities either. Go is very simplified, Pokemon have two moves (and can't learn more) and three stats, that's it.

god, how lazy and/or incompetent are the devs at Niantic

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

indigi posted:

god, how lazy and/or incompetent are the devs at Niantic

It's a mobile game. They couldn't think of a way to get you to pay $3.99 for a loot box with a chance of getting a new ability.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't mind simplifying or only the original 150 but no abilities but having mega evos at the same time just kinda makes no sense at all. The only thing most megas are useful for is their abilities.

Is this the equivalent of naming your cafe like. Mouse cafe. Big Bear bar (that might attract a different audience)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't mind simplifying or only the original 150 but no abilities but having mega evos at the same time just kinda makes no sense at all. The only thing most megas are useful for is their abilities.

The 150 thing conflicts with megas too - Charizard can evolve in two different ways to things introduced in Gen 6 but Golbat can't evolve to something that's in Go? Is this meant to be pandering to nostalgia and Go players or not? There are things that make the game "not for me but fine", but including megas makes no sense in the context of their other decisions.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I guess the inclusion of Mega Pokémon could be a bit of a homage to the playground rumor mill of Pokégods like Sapusaur, Charcolt and Rainer.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

AlphaKretin posted:

The 150 thing conflicts with megas too - Charizard can evolve in two different ways to things introduced in Gen 6 but Golbat can't evolve to something that's in Go? Is this meant to be pandering to nostalgia and Go players or not? There are things that make the game "not for me but fine", but including megas makes no sense in the context of their other decisions.

Oh right I totally forgot about this. So now you have the guys like Scyther who can't evolve, and their Megas are tied to their evolution, but Pinsir I guess could mega evolve because he never had an evo. But Alolan pokemon are still in?

This is weird!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Brock sits in a corner, comforting his Onyx. It never stood a chance.

My guess on this thing is that there was just a big ol' whiteboard of features that could either return or be cut, and they've carefully picked which should fall in which category. But as of right now, the choices seem kinda rear end.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Zuzie posted:

I guess the inclusion of Mega Pokémon could be a bit of a homage to the playground rumor mill of Pokégods like Sapusaur, Charcolt and Rainer.

What about my childhood rumor mill mons like Pikablu, Houou, and Yadoking?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

yoshi or bust

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Lysandre's Cafe is pretty good, but every now and then the owner shows up with his boyfriend and he just kinda talks about genocide?? while the boyfriend nods along and brings kids to watch??? it's weird. Their caramel machiato is amazing, tho.

The food is great at Charizard BBQ, but the waiters spend like two seasons just ignoring you before they take your order.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh right I totally forgot about this. So now you have the guys like Scyther who can't evolve, and their Megas are tied to their evolution, but Pinsir I guess could mega evolve because he never had an evo. But Alolan pokemon are still in?

This is weird!

At this point they should throw in the Pokemon that have evolutions in later gens. Like by the time these games release Gen 4 is probably going to be in Go so their exclusion is looking less weird and more dumb. They could probably boost some sales if you can send the gen 4 evo items to Go.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Zuzie posted:

Only if those same rumors existed in Japan.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ros-aa9bpw
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1033808659510259712

Washington DC next year

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 26, 2018

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Shneak posted:

There's a Let's Go demo at WC2018 and Serebii says there's no abilities or held items but there's natures.
How do mega evolutions work if they can't hold the mega stones?

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

.TakaM posted:

They become infinite-use battle items?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

At this point they should throw in the Pokemon that have evolutions in later gens. Like by the time these games release Gen 4 is probably going to be in Go so their exclusion is looking less weird and more dumb. They could probably boost some sales if you can send the gen 4 evo items to Go.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

By the time Let's Go comes out, Niantic will have given more love this year to Gens 2-4 than GameFreak had done in the last generation.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's what I'm thinking, too.

By the time Let's Go comes out, Niantic will have given more love this year to Gens 2-4 than GameFreak had done in the last generation.

Taking 3 years to put them in game isn't really showing more love than "Treating them like every other pokemon." but go off.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

.TakaM posted:

I heard that if the stones are in your inventory the option to Mega Evolve in battles is available.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
There was a screenshot of mega evolving Charizard, that showed it let you choose whether you wanted X or Y.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

that pokemon marathon malarkey just started if anyone was interested

e: man I forgot what a dick pikachu was in the first episode

McDragon fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 27, 2018

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I recently went through a ton of episodes on DVD and early on you could actually hear a change in audio quality between the English dubbed segments and where they kept original Japanese sound effects (like Pokemon voices.)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

McDragon posted:

that pokemon marathon malarkey just started if anyone was interested

e: man I forgot what a dick pikachu was in the first episode

rear end in a top hat fat pikachu was best pikachu

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I love when they make the cutesy mons assholes, they also did the same in later seasons with Teddiursa and Iris' Emonga for instance.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dehry posted:

I recently went through a ton of episodes on DVD and early on you could actually hear a change in audio quality between the English dubbed segments and where they kept original Japanese sound effects (like Pokemon voices.)

They were also not doing to great in terms of editing the episodes ether; you can still hear Misty slapping ash in episode 3 after the Pidgeioto fight.

It's funny how Crispin Freeman, more known for working Californian dubs, was a script editor for Season 1 (He was a NY VA for a long time. Pokemon S1 and, I think, Slayers Try were dubbed at the same time).

less laughter posted:

I love when they make the cutesy mons assholes, they also did the same in later seasons with Teddiursa and Iris' Emonga for instance.
Also, Iris :/

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

hooray, bulbasaur arrived

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

squirtle squad rules

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

less laughter posted:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

man there's a lot of guns in early pokemon

e: also the chat loves it every time donuts appear

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Ah, the Raichu episode. The start of the early anime's anti-evolution deal which comes up surprisingly often

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Raichu is still cuter than Pikachu

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

McDragon posted:

its true

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

McDragon posted:

You are absolutely correct, and this applies to either Raichu.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Blaze Dragon posted:

You are absolutely correct, and this applies to either Raichu.

Yes there are two Raichus, Alolan and shiny Alolan.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Pikachu is cute as well, I admit it. I like all the Pikachu relatives at least quite a bit.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

McDragon posted:

These comments always take me back to elementary school when a classmate was serious in her claim that Raichu were girl Pikachu.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

anyway next episode is island of the giant pokemon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
look i just want an electric/steel raichu form that wields it's tail like a sword.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I want a Raichu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

McDragon posted:

this is like saying the Matrix sequels were better than The Matrix