Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Should really be angry, racist O'Brien with that lizard warning.

"I'll never forgive the bloody spoonheads. They killed me lad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
star trek thread posters: What is Kirk's favorite sex position

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Low Desert Punk posted:

Captain on the bridge?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Low Desert Punk posted:

The Bolian Twist.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Bridge on the captain

GET IT!? Bridge on the CAPTAIN!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Oh wow the actual artist showed up in the comments.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Low Desert Punk posted:

star trek thread posters: What is Kirk's favorite sex position act

The Corbomite Maneuver

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Oh wow the actual artist showed up in the comments.

The internet is great

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The two-fisted overhead smash

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Patting himself on the back for his ingenuity.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Low Desert Punk posted:

The dreaded "rear admiral".

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

It's obviously the Kobayashi Mari.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

You Are Cordially Invited (S06E07 of DS9) was a very good episode and it's great that, in a way, Dax being stubborn about being a flippant party-animal mirrors Worf's stubbornness about being a joyless, self-depriving adherent to ritual. It had the funniest Bashir/O'Brien scene so far, too, where they were hanging by a fire. The only negative thing about it is how they had Kira and Odo talk off-screen, when it would have been better to have them avoid each other for a while longer and use one of the Mirror episode slots to resolve it instead.

I like the greyish blue nail polish part of the Ferengi costume

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 26, 2018

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Dear lord, watched "The Drumhead" and it is absolute peak fuckin' Next Generation in the best way possible, isn't it? Only wish it had been longer.

And it's so very, very unfortunately relevant these days.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

This was probably mentioned a long time ago, but there is a project to recreate the Enterprise in the Unreal Engine. Its still pretty early in development, but its already pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF6pEbvw7Cg

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This was probably mentioned a long time ago, but there is a project to recreate the Enterprise in the Unreal Engine. Its still pretty early in development, but its already pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF6pEbvw7Cg

I dicked around with this for awhile yesterday. It's really cool, but janky as gently caress and very poorly-optimized.

If you have NPCs enabled, go pay a visit to the warp core and look down onto the deck below Main Engineering for a little easter egg.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phylodox posted:

Dear lord, watched "The Drumhead" and it is absolute peak fuckin' Next Generation in the best way possible, isn't it? Only wish it had been longer.

And it's so very, very unfortunately relevant these days.

"RIGGED WITCH HUNT!"

-Captain Jean Luc Picard

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Drone posted:

I dicked around with this for awhile yesterday. It's really cool, but janky as gently caress and very poorly-optimized.

If you have NPCs enabled, go pay a visit to the warp core and look down onto the deck below Main Engineering for a little easter egg.

Or just show us?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

by far the most unrealistic plotline in DS9 is that weird episode where Kira wants to gently caress O'Brien for some reason

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

just imagine loving a potato casserole with a loofa on top

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Low Desert Punk posted:

by far the most unrealistic plotline in DS9 is that weird episode where Kira wants to gently caress O'Brien for some reason

It's well established that Kira has the worst taste in men. At least O'Brien has a personality.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Zesty posted:

Or just show us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdnwhbmMjuk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They just did a big update video about the upcoming version release, and there’s some moments in it where they look like it’s the show.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Low Desert Punk posted:

The Man Trap

also acceptable:

Wolf in the Fold
The Enemy Within
Space Seed
Operation: Annihilate!
The Savage Curtain
Where No Man Has Gone Before

edit: forgot Errand of Mercy, that's when you pity gently caress a lonely friend you're not that into

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 26, 2018

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The Man Trap

also acceptable:

Wolf in the Fold
The Enemy Within
Space Seed
Operation: Annihilate!
The Savage Curtain
Where No Man Has Gone Before

edit: forgot Errand of Mercy, that's when you pity gently caress a lonely friend you're not that into

More like Blink of an Eye.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Low Desert Punk posted:

Aatrek's answer: What Are Little Girls Made Of

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

:gowron:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

McSpanky posted:

fuckin’ yikes :stonklol:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
well that got dark

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The TVIV > Star Trek: Yeah, pedophiles are really into this franchise. Hi!

speakhard
Nov 30, 2003

from mars to uranus.
Can we all just stop and appreciate how Cirroc Lofton at 40 looks like the spitting image of his TV father?

EDIT: fixed

speakhard fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 27, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

speakhard posted:

Can we all just stop and appreciate how Cirroc Lofton at 40 looks like the spitting image of his TV father?

You can't just link to an album, you need to copy the actual image address.

Is that recent? This is from April this year:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Went to Trekonderoga 2018 today. I wasn't able to get there yesterday and if I had to pick a day, today was the day Karl Urban was speaking. To me that was a bit of an odd choice, to push the main event to Sunday. I guess they were trying to make sure there was enough to do across all 3 days but it seemed like it resulted in not a lot of people there for him. I assume there were more people yesterday when he, Gates McFadden, and Robin Curtis were there. They also cut the prices for some of the photo ops with him.

Some interesting things I heard:

--According to Jeffrey Hunter's son Chris it was his stepmother, Jeffrey Hunter's wife, who decided her husband was too much of a movie star to come back for a second pilot, which they had wanted him to do. He thinks she decided this without Hunter's knowledge and he might very well have come back as Pike in Where No Man Has Gone Before. I had never known this and had thought they just wanted to go in another direction when they cast Shatner.

--CBS brought Chris Hunter to a con to meet Anson Mount and give his blessing. He said Mount is a huge fan of Star Trek and has probably seen The Cage 20 times. We can probably expect a pretty authentic and respectful performance of Pike on DISCO.

--Mount is coming to the Ticonderoga set tour this December for a weekend with Shatner. There was a signed pic of Mount in uniform on the DISCO bridge so it looks like he's hitting the fan/con circuit quickly.

--Michael and Denise Okuda are going to be involved with building the TNG sets for Cawley's tour expansion, so it looks like that is still a go.

--The Okudas have not been approached yet by CBS to help out on The Picard Show, but will gladly be involved if asked. So no idea yet if the new show will continue the design heritage of TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT but it is possible.

--Like Anson Mount, Karl Urban was a previous fan and after being cast as McCoy spent a lot of time studying DeForrest Kelly's performances. He was very concerned that he got it right, and approached it with the idea of "if I was a fan seeing this in the theater, what would I expect?"

--Urban is confident and hopeful that the negotiations with Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth will work out and they will make the 4th movie. I got the idea he sees this as more standard negotiation stuff and not a disaster.

--I had thought it was very up in the air and even unlikely as to whether or not the JJ cast would be involved in the Tarantino Trek, but Urban seems to think it is a good possibility and he would be very eager to do it

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Thanks!

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

“It’s time to focus less on the blood wine, and more on my blood pressure”

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

thats canon

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Pick posted:

thats canon

drat right.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Astroman posted:

--CBS brought Chris Hunter to a con to meet Anson Mount and give his blessing. He said Mount is a huge fan of Star Trek and has probably seen The Cage 20 times. We can probably expect a pretty authentic and respectful performance of Pike on DISCO.

Stop making me briefly consider picking up Discovery again.

quote:

--Like Anson Mount, Karl Urban was a previous fan and after being cast as McCoy spent a lot of time studying DeForrest Kelly's performances. He was very concerned that he got it right, and approached it with the idea of "if I was a fan seeing this in the theater, what would I expect?"

--Urban is confident and hopeful that the negotiations with Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth will work out and they will make the 4th movie. I got the idea he sees this as more standard negotiation stuff and not a disaster.

--I had thought it was very up in the air and even unlikely as to whether or not the JJ cast would be involved in the Tarantino Trek, but Urban seems to think it is a good possibility and he would be very eager to do it

I liked Urban's McCoy a lot. I was semi disappointed to hear about Pine and Hemsworth, but if 4 is going to be by the original scriptwriters for Beyond then I'm just ambivalent either way. Kind of surprised about the Tarantino thing, I'd assumed the same as you, that it'd be a separate project.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My favorite Odo moment is when he's going to kill Sebastian for Ariel's wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

My favorite Odo moment is when he's going to kill Sebastian for Ariel's wedding.

lol