Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

deja vu, I've just been on that road before.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

So I caught up with this thread to check into the Guy Goodbody stuff and ran headfirst into a bunch of bird murderchat? I'm feeling a little threatened right now, I won't lie.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

So I caught up with this thread to check into the Guy Goodbody stuff and ran headfirst into a bunch of bird murderchat? I'm feeling a little threatened right now, I won't lie.

Not surprising, considering ya know...being LITERALLY A BIRD.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Vietnamwees posted:

Not surprising, considering ya know...being LITERALLY A BIRD.
:wink:

That said, Guy, we all enjoyed the brief spate where you gave us explanations of exactly why you found things funny. I agree with Emmy that your posts are not of themselves disruptive, but I cordially invite you to continue captioning your contributions, with as many or as few words as you think necessary, to avoid future probations, as sometimes you are clearly taking the mile from a given inch.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

No, that's a kitten. It's a form of baby cat.

Nice try. Obviously some kind of pastry.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:wink:

That said, Guy, we all enjoyed the brief spate where you gave us explanations of exactly why you found things funny. I agree with Emmy that your posts are not of themselves disruptive, but I cordially invite you to continue captioning your contributions, with as many or as few words as you think necessary, to avoid future probations, as sometimes you are clearly taking the mile from a given inch.

I did the explanations because it was funny. Having to laboriously explain the humor in something to people who didn't find it funny as if that's how humor works was inherently funny to me. I stopped doing them because I thought if I kept doing it it would stop being funny. It would just be running the joke into the ground.

So I will do an explanation for a picture if I think my explanation is either in and of itself funny, or if it makes the picture funnier. But just explaining every picture, even the ones that should be obviously finny to everyone, like a cat doing a thing or whatever, isn't funny to me. And, imo, that should be the goal for every post in the funny pictures thread, to be funny.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guy Goodbody posted:

I did the explanations because it was funny. Having to laboriously explain the humor in something to people who didn't find it funny as if that's how humor works was inherently funny to me. I stopped doing them because I thought if I kept doing it it would stop being funny. It would just be running the joke into the ground.

So I will do an explanation for a picture if I think my explanation is either in and of itself funny, or if it makes the picture funnier. But just explaining every picture, even the ones that should be obviously finny to everyone, like a cat doing a thing or whatever, isn't funny to me. And, imo, that should be the goal for every post in the funny pictures thread, to be funny.

I do agree with most of this, save the idea of PYF (self included) not being okay with a joke being run into the ground :lol:

That's fair. Let's give it a shot. :)

(just lol if Enrique doesn't run your joke into the ground for you.)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

The Maestro posted:

If somebody were to DARE to post a picture of a dark chocolate Twix next to a white chocolate Twix you better believe they’ll get a warning for racism.

Lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I like guy goodboys pics

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Pics of guys' good bodies

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

for all of me, i would rather guy goodbody post a photo essay on every page of him making GBS threads directly into my dead grandmother than read the approximately ten billion 'i do not like his posts' posts that y'all backwards motherfuckers insist on spraying all over the place like fish do with milt

i mean, at least the fish have a decent shot of reproducing

here is a picture that made me laugh, and if you need it explained to you, get in a dungeon

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This isn't just a brief clip of an extreme part of that road btw, going down there is about 25 minutes of this before the road straightens out.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'm bad at captions. GG, can you help me out?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If bird murder upsets you, why not calm down with a murder bird?

(this is apparently the only cute picture of an adult cassowary on the entire internet)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

PopeCrunch posted:

here is a picture that made me laugh, and if you need it explained to you, get in a dungeon

I would like how an umlat works on an s explained, is that okay?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's pronounced sort of like a hissy fit.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Peer into the only slice of happiness you will ever experience ye soulless

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Aug 27, 2018

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

It's pronounced Hanschchtj.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

It's pronounced sort of like a hissy fit.

"Guten tag I'm Hanhissyfit Bessler, nice to meet you"

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Megillah Gorilla posted:

(this is apparently the only cute picture of an adult cassowary on the entire internet)

That's just to lure it's target into a false sense of security. If they were lucky, the photographer died quickly.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Knormal posted:

Hans̈ is Chechen.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Scary road is on the way up to Mt Koya in Japan if anyone wants to look it up. People bike up and down it during heavy traffic and tour buses going both ways in those thin lanes.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Abongination posted:

Scary road is on the way up to Mt Koya in Japan if anyone wants to look it up. People bike up and down it during heavy traffic and tour buses going both ways in those thin lanes.

Are you sure that's not the road down from Kegon Falls to Nikko? Regardless, that road is basically the same but is thankfully one way.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
https://twitter.com/hyenamagnolia/status/1033505938966282250

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Anime was a mistake

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Oh man this only scratches the surface of creepy as gently caress automated kids content. That rabbit hole goes so much deeper

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I think it's a great video, very informative.

It's okay to lie to your parents as long as you laugh at them. Or something.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

Oh man this only scratches the surface of creepy as gently caress automated kids content. That rabbit hole goes so much deeper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GukbcdqUb5k

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o7cOZmZGXGc&list=PLjFupVfcGCI5Rio5wFkipQNwrOWMvV_MP&index=9

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The AIs generating these vids are even congratulating each other

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 13:07 on Aug 27, 2018

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The AIs generating these vids are even congratuling each other

I think at this point YouTube is like 90% bots making content based on other content made by bots, viewed, liked and commented on only by bots. So basically, while everyone was worried about Skynet starting the machine war, in reality Skynet spends all its time making lovely derivative content for itself. We preemptively won the machine war by teaching the machines to meme

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Aug 27, 2018

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

bike tory posted:

We preemptively won the machine war by teaching the machines to meme

Well Trump got elected thanks to memes so I'm not sure we really won

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I hope "Telling Lies -- HA HA HA" works its way into SA vernacular.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bike tory posted:

I think at this point YouTube is like 90% bots making content based on other content made by bots, viewed, liked and commented on only by bots. So basically, while everyone was worried about Skynet starting the machine war, in reality Skynet spends all its time making lovely derivative content for itself. We preemptively won the machine war by teaching the machines to meme

A computa fart in he mouth, a shameful computa

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

robotsinmyhead posted:

I hope "Telling Lies -- HA HA HA" works its way into SA vernacular.

Well, Trump got elected so it looks like it did.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Imagine if your child was a refrigerator, and you had to accuse it of lying every time you wanted to get something out of it. I assume they pretend to be amused still because, as a 500 pound mutant, its tantrums if they don’t are deadly.

BlockChainNetflix
Sep 2, 2011
I don't like to play favourites but Refrigerator Refrigerator keeps my beer cold.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
do u think that refrigerator gets embarrassed when he opens it door in front of mama??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha.and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of refrigerator opening its door while he looks nervous or embarrassed

i just want to see it for a few laughs haha

gently caress no I don't, please don't draw it

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Jim DiGriz posted:

do u think that refrigerator gets embarrassed when he opens it door in front of mama??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha.and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of refrigerator opening its door while he looks nervous or embarrassed

gently caress no I don't, please don't draw it

This guy failed the exam because he clearly used a pen instead of the crayon.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Jim DiGriz posted:

I wonder what that refrigerator smells like haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

Skypenet