Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My wife had a bad night tonight.

She evolved her 10k, 2 candy buddy Eevee into Vaporeon. Turns out that if you don't have GPS service when you evolve, you just get one of the kanto evolutions. We were going through a tunnel.

All wasn't lost, she had another Eevee ready to go. We made sure we were out in the open and she evolved it. Into Flareon. She had forgotten to set it as her buddy in her rush to correct the mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Idea:

A Community Day Token that acts as a 1 hour Incense for the Pokemon in question. Allows players that are new or were unavailable during the event to fill their Pokedex with some Mons that can't be encountered without a lot of luck. Wouldn't give any of the other benefits of Community Day - bonus Stardust/Candy, special Field Research or Raids, etc. Provides little or no competitive advantage for new players vs. spergs.

Tell me why this is a Bad Idea, because Reddit hates it.

I already know it's because they're the joyless spergs

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
They need to be punished for not being day 1 adopters or they'll never learn.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Please Pokemon go....let a catch count for this loving event quest

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

Please Pokemon go....let a catch count for this loving event quest

I enter day 3 tomorrow with fingers crossed.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
When does this stupid Johto event end? I'm so sick of all the special research being garbage.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I wasn't into Pokemon anymore by the time the Johto stuff came out, what is deal with Sunkern and why is every single research task centered around it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I wasn't into Pokemon anymore by the time the Johto stuff came out, what is deal with Sunkern and why is every single research task centered around it.

It evolves into happy flower, the Pokemon you stick in a gym after the other team gives up berrying it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

So the game updated today on iOS and now it crashes every time I try to launch it. Is this a known thing, or did I break something?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kheldarn posted:

You're not helping! :argh: (Like anyone in this thread was going to try to talk me out of getting a Go-Tcha. :downs:)

The thing used 200 balls in the past few days. I turned off auto catch and did my normal loop with it just spinning stops today. 15-30 minutes just chilling with my family around town and I'm back up to 230 normal balls without doing anything.

I hope I've continued to not help

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

aniviron posted:

So the game updated today on iOS and now it crashes every time I try to launch it. Is this a known thing, or did I break something?

Reinstall. Happened to my wife

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

seiferguy posted:

Public Works Project I literally just watched Blazing Saddles last night, HOW DID YOU KNOW I was on a Mel Brooks kick?

P.S. I have sent you a gift, may it in inspire your team to protect Andrew Luck and his bionic arm.

Hahahaha that's awesome. My wife and I just watched Spaceballs on Friday.

And I enjoyed your gift very much. I pray for my QB every day.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

does the gotcha spin gyms too?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kly posted:

does the gotcha spin gyms too?

Yes

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

aw nuts, that codejunkies site only ships to US and EU not canada it seems

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
gently caress, my local GameStop has the Go-Tcha in stock for $45. Dammit I'm probably getting one

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Best theme gym I've come across yet

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
We had a pretty good weekend raiding. Wife got her lucky Ho-oh at the last raid we planned to do for the evening. Her first legendary shiney too.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

PathAsc posted:

Magical Girl Fire Fighting Team Assemble!! Power of Ultra Diamond Fire Hose!!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
The closest we've managed to get to a themed gym around here was 5 Eevee evolutions and I think a Milotic or Lapras

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Magical Girl Fire Fighting Team Assemble!! Power of Ultra Diamond Fire Hose!!

The "it's not October yet" comment in Discord was pretty good too

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Kly posted:

aw nuts, that codejunkies site only ships to US and EU not canada it seems

I ordered from them to Canada the other day when the Go-tcha was linked here and it went through no problem.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, that option is which "Version" of the device you want.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i can still taste him posted:

I ordered from them to Canada the other day when the Go-tcha was linked here and it went through no problem.

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, that option is which "Version" of the device you want.

oooh ok cool. im a pretty casual pogo player but im super tempted by the gotcha. i have trouble keepin stocked up on gifts and such now that schools back in for my kids and im not spending all day at the nearby park thats full of pokestops.
any chance the new lets go pokemon thing might mess up the gotcha?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Should I get another Raikou or hold my stamps a few days for when Entei hits? I don't have Entei at all so I'm leaning towards that.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Got a shiny Houndour AND a shiny Sunkern today while out on a field trip.

Houndour is cool but man Sunkern is a lame shiny, when it popped up I missed the little shiny stars and was like "this guy's a bit faded, wait is this the shiny??" catch "OH CRAP IT IS!" :D it was 80 iv as well which is pretty darn good because usually my shinys are garbage when it comes to that. (not that I'm ever going to use it for battles/raids but still neat)

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 27, 2018

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

Reinstall. Happened to my wife

Hey, that worked. Thanks!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Cowslips Warren posted:

When does this stupid Johto event end? I'm so sick of all the special research being garbage.

I have caught so many loving useless sunkerns.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Liquid Communism posted:

I have caught so many loving useless sunkerns.

Yeah, but now you have all the useless evolution items you could ever want!

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Wheany posted:

Yeah, but now you have all the useless evolution items you could ever want!

I justify my 10s of evolution items by hoping they'll apply to later gen Pokemon.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Untrustable posted:

I justify my 10s of evolution items by hoping they'll apply to later gen Pokemon.

Trade em for new ones.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Untrustable posted:

What's the betting that they add in NEW evo items for later generations.

"oh you have 8 upgrades? Sorry but Porygon-Z needs the new Upgrade+ to evolve"

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

The pro-est version of pink theme gym is when someone tops it off with shiny pink absol.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Dragonstoned posted:

What's the betting that they add in NEW evo items for later generations.

"oh you have 8 upgrades? Sorry but Porygon-Z needs the new Upgrade+ to evolve"

I've considered it, and I hate it. I still don't even have enough candy for Porygon 2 yet. I keep hoping to find more of those "win a raid" tasks for more porygons.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Please, just give me like 1-use incubators or something as rewards instead of evolution items.

I think pretty much all the pokemon you get with evolution items are almost useless, and whenever there is a choice between using an not using an evolution item for the evolved form, the one using the evolution item is the worse of the two.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

tangy yet delightful posted:

Should I get another Raikou or hold my stamps a few days for when Entei hits? I don't have Entei at all so I'm leaning towards that.

Raikou is a top tier attacker for electric types so I'd grab another if I were you honestly. Entei is also drat good, but with another moltres day coming you can get an entei and moltres army easily and have a badass fire team too.

If you just want cool poo poo do whatever you feel like because that's what probably matters more.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

PathAsc posted:

Raikou is a top tier attacker for electric types so I'd grab another if I were you honestly. Entei is also drat good, but with another moltres day coming you can get an entei and moltres army easily and have a badass fire team too.

If you just want cool poo poo do whatever you feel like because that's what probably matters more.

Hmm I was going to be lazy but you make a case for trying so maybe I'll do that :)

I wonder if research task mons can be weather boosted?

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

They're always level 15 and as far as I can tell always have the same stat spread as a raid boss (IVs range from 10 to 15).

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

tangy yet delightful posted:

Hmm I was going to be lazy but you make a case for trying so maybe I'll do that :)

I wonder if research task mons can be weather boosted?

Anecdotal, but my friend caught his best research raikou when it was raining. It was still the same level that all research ones are but it had very good IVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

seiferguy posted:

The pro-est version of pink theme gym is when someone tops it off with shiny pink absol.

Is Kyogre in the game? I still hang onto my Emerald cart because when I played through it mine was shiny, which turns it pink.

• Locked thread