Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dixville posted:

Did you post about this before in this thread or have there been multiple instances of Chinese chicken pizza? I swear I've heard of this before
Putting Chinese takeout on a pizza is inevitable if there's enough weed around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

zedprime posted:

Putting Chinese takeout on a pizza is inevitable if there's enough weed around.

"Enough" = "any"

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Dagen H posted:

"Enough" = "any"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I've had Indian pizzas of several variations before and loved them all, as well as donair pizza, so maybe one night I'll try to make a sweet and sour chicken pizza. Maybe Canadian style ginger beef? That could be too chewy though. Hmm. HMMMM.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Picnic Princess posted:

I've had Indian pizzas of several variations before and loved them all, as well as donair pizza, so maybe one night I'll try to make a sweet and sour chicken pizza. Maybe Canadian style ginger beef? That could be too chewy though. Hmm. HMMMM.

Was butter chicken pizza one of them? I've heard great things.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Brawnfire posted:

Was butter chicken pizza one of them? I've heard great things.

Yeah, and coconut korma. Speaking of, they both go great in mac and cheese too.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

döner pizza and shawarma pizza is good imo.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I love me a chicken tikka pizza

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

spankmeister posted:

and gyros is singular goddammit

Not in America it ain't.

Human Tornada has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Aug 26, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

Not in America it ain't.

I'LL HAVE THE JIEROW, NO TOMATO OR ONIONS, SAUCE ON THE SIDE

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

Yeah, and coconut korma. Speaking of, they both go great in mac and cheese too.

I worked in a place that made butter chicken poutine and it looked nasty as hell, but tasted great. And isn't that the whole point.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I'LL HAVE THE JIEROW, NO TOMATO OR ONIONS, SAUCE ON THE SIDE

I know a "logic and reason" type guy who makes a big show of pronouncing it "hero" and then says it over and over again like when someone repeats a joke because nobody laughed.

"Yes I'd like the hero with fries please."

"Could you put cheddar cheese on my hero?"

"Here, I think this one is your hero. My hero had fries."

cash crab posted:

I worked in a place that made butter chicken poutine and it looked nasty as hell, but tasted great. And isn't that the whole point.

I've been toying with the idea of mapo tofu poutine.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

I know a "logic and reason" type guy who makes a big show of pronouncing it "hero" and then says it over and over again like when someone repeats a joke because nobody laughed.

This is good because that is still the wrong way to say it. Also cheddar cheese on a gyro.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This is good because that is still the wrong way to say it. Also cheddar cheese on a gyro.

Yes that's why it's funny. He thinks he's unlocked the secret pronunciation based on "hero sandwich" that no one else was smart enough to put together.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I am sad the Korean and pizza place near me went out of business because bulgogi pizza is incredible

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've always said year-o and I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything, that's just how I learned it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I've always said year-o and I'm not trying to be pretentious or anything, that's just how I learned it

That's how you say it, nothing pretentious about it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

tack an s on the end and you're pretty close

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Human Tornada posted:

I've been toying with the idea of mapo tofu poutine.

On good fries, this would be amazing. I have had leftover mapo tofu on toast at the recommendation of the owner of the restaurant where I got it. I had about half of it packed to go and he said "try it on toast tomorrow, trust me" and by God it was incredible.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Bertrand Hustle posted:

On good fries, this would be amazing. I have had leftover mapo tofu on toast at the recommendation of the owner of the restaurant where I got it. I had about half of it packed to go and he said "try it on toast tomorrow, trust me" and by God it was incredible.

I have leftover mapo tofu in my fridge right now and bread in my pantry.
Guess what I'm trying later today!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It doesn't matter if you have the s on the end or not, no one expects you to know how to conjugate greek nouns to order your drat food correctly

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 03:49 on Aug 27, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

darthbob88 posted:

In fairness, we did have pizza with boba a couple pages ago, but I'm pretty sure those are olives; just right of center of the pizza is something with a hole, which rules out berries or pearls.

A place offering pizza and bubble tea made me think of that boba pizza from the thread.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

bike tory posted:

It doesn't matter if you have the s on the end or not, no one expects you to know how to conjugate greek nouns to order your drat food correctly

I would.

But let's also face it, if I were a restaurant owner, my business plan would solely consist of telling my customers to get the gently caress out, shortly followed by declaring bankruptcy. gently caress customers, if they weren't the source of all revenue I'd have them all flayed in the streets.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Rosted chickens are hilarious. Good job rosted chicken man.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

I would.

But let's also face it, if I were a restaurant owner, my business plan would solely consist of telling my customers to get the gently caress out, shortly followed by declaring bankruptcy. gently caress customers, if they weren't the source of all revenue I'd have them all flayed in the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dk1hnVFpt4

It's seriously amazing how well this thread lends itself to Black Books clips.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Human Tornada posted:

I knew a guy like this except it was with pho. The only reason I kept pronouncing it like "foe" was because it annoyed the hell out of him.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I'll stop pronouncing it 'foe' when they stop naming every restaurant 'pho sure'.
Yeah, you could say 'fuh sure,' but that would be far more wrong.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dk1hnVFpt4

It's seriously amazing how well this thread lends itself to Black Books clips.
Indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms9iUDxiB3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj2ZlY2nQ3s

Scarodactyl posted:

I'll stop pronouncing it 'foe' when they stop naming every restaurant 'pho sure'.

Hell, at least the name of your local works if you pronounce it correctly. There's one near me called Pho Ton, which is obviously and wrongly pronounced like the particle of light.

The_Hatt
Apr 29, 2005

darthbob88 posted:

Indeed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms9iUDxiB3U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj2ZlY2nQ3s

Hell, at least the name of your local works if you pronounce it correctly. There's one near me called Pho Ton, which is obviously and wrongly pronounced like the particle of light.

There's a Pho King noodle house in Oakland.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I want some Indian goat curry pizza now. With mozzarella. Goat mozzarella. With olives.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applesnots posted:

I want some Indian goat curry pizza now. With mozzarella. Goat mozzarella. With olives.

Goat olives.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Scarodactyl posted:

Pho Q is the only good name

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Metaline posted:

Pho Q is the only good name

Pho King is pretty common

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

darthbob88 posted:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I don't understand why people get so goddamn worked up about this, since "foe" is a valid (if regional) pronunciation. People act like there can only be one proper pronunciation per word, and language doesn't loving work that way.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I like food.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

PubicMice posted:

Oh boy, are we talking about gross beers? Let's talk about Rogue's Beard Beer!

It's made with yeast from this very beard! (This man is a brewmaster at Rogue Bewing.)

I thought it was pretty good tbh, nice complex yeast character- bready and clovey with a nice funk

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

McSpergin posted:

I thought it was pretty good tbh, nice complex yeast character- bready and clovey with a nice funk

The beer or the man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NinjaDebugger posted:

I don't understand why people get so goddamn worked up about this, since "foe" is a valid (if regional) pronunciation. People act like there can only be one proper pronunciation per word, and language doesn't loving work that way.

ņīçê méłṫḍöẃñ