Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He'll always be fat to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:same:

But good for him tbh. Not a big Kevin Smith fan in general but he's always seemed like a good dude so I don't want him to die of heart problems.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Kev Smith has plenty of problems stylistically, but when it comes to actual issues is actually a pretty good dude. He had one of the most earnest and correct reactions to the Weinstein saga.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wait, Susan Sarandon is in Ray Donovan? Is that a new season thing or was she in it before?

should .... should i be watching ray donovan?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That looks like way more than 50. I guess he's shorter than he looks maybe?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dang, good for him. That kind of thing isn't easy to do even after a health scare like that, and it's awesome that he found methods and support that helped him keep it up.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lurdiak posted:

That looks like way more than 50. I guess he's shorter than he looks maybe?

He had lost significant weight right before his heart attack so the first picture is way outdated. I just wanted to show the contrast with him at his worst.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

Wait, Susan Sarandon is in Ray Donovan? Is that a new season thing or was she in it before?

should .... should i be watching ray donovan?

Just watch Feud again

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Escobarbarian posted:

Just watch Feud again

Always a good suggestion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Speaking as a dude who lost 50 pounds, Smith has lost way more than that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Why does he have his daughter's name tattoed on his JO'ing arm.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Guy Mann posted:

Why does he have his daughter's name tattoed on his JO'ing arm.

mb he's a southpaw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

esperterra posted:

mb he's a southpaw

From what he's said on twitter, his wife's name is probably tatted on that one then

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Milo and POTUS posted:

From what he's said on twitter, his wife's name is probably tatted on that one then

ya I mean maybe his right arm isn't his JOing arm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I only noticed the name on the right because I am stupid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: whoops

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I didn't know that Kevin Smith had gotten that big at one point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lycus posted:

I didn't know that Kevin Smith had gotten that big at one point.

I mean, he bragged/joked about breaking a toilet. Motherfucker was FAT.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bruceski posted:

Dang, good for him. That kind of thing isn't easy to do even after a health scare like that, and it's awesome that he found methods and support that helped him keep it up.

gastric bypass :ms:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

less laughter posted:

gastric bypass :ms:

He actually started the same vegan diet that Penn Jilette got on. I say diet, but it's a huge lifestyle change.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The proportions here make him look like a fat Cotton Hill.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The first look at season eight of GoT:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
one of them is a shapeshifted Arya

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

less laughter posted:

one of them is a shapeshifted Arya

Everyone is a shapeshifted Arya imo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
even us...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

it is known

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
For new music, I tend to follow music critics and just jump into stuff they'll recommend sometimes. Steve Hyden is a good follow. He used to write for AV Club and Grantland and his book YOUR FAVOURITE BAND IS KILLING ME, about music rivalries, is a pretty fun read. I check out Stereogum from time to time as well.

Gluten Freeman posted:

Charisma Carpenter rules. That sounds like a great panel.

She's always seemed like she should've got a better career than what she did.

Escobarbarian posted:

Just watch Feud again

My only issue was FEUD was the way it just threw Robert Aldrich under the bus. I know that Olivia DeHavilland is still trying to sue them, but Aldrich's family probably has the bigger case. I get it's not his story and all that, but I'm not really sure why they seem to go out of their way to paint him as a desperate hack who got lucky when not only did he manage those two and deliver that movie, but went on after that to deliver some great movies.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
nobody thinks Feud is a documentary

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

less laughter posted:

nobody thinks Feud is a documentary

Yet it takes heavily from a non-fiction book, so it is interested in at least adhering to some degree of truthfulness.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DrVenkman posted:

Yet it takes heavily from a non-fiction book, so it is interested in at least adhering to some degree of truthfulness.

Their paintstaking detail in a lot of the show does lead toward it feeling more like they want to tell the actual story than being a more over the top version of the events, so I can see where people land on either side of that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

John Goodman has stated in an interview that yes, they are killing off Roseanne's character for The Conners spin off but he doesn't give any details on how.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Only two weeks to go before everyone's favourite cheesy, jingoistic tv show starts it's final season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpY0weHPVc

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Flatscan posted:

Only two weeks to go before everyone's favourite cheesy, jingoistic tv show starts it's final season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpY0weHPVc

This show was a lot better than it had any right to be. The first seasons felt like some very grounded post-modern Sci-fi.

The later seasons have become pretty campy but it's still a fun show. RIP Tex

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

PaybackJack posted:

This show was a lot better than it had any right to be. The first seasons felt like some very grounded post-modern Sci-fi.

The later seasons have become pretty campy but it's still a fun show. RIP Tex

Yup. On paper I should absolutely loving loathe it, but instead I love it for some inexpiable reason. It was great in season 4 where all the operators tried to grow Tex-beards in tribute.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm surprised it survived that long, wasn't there some kind of issue with it a couple of years ago that caused it to get pulled for a little bit?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Flatscan posted:

I had no idea they even did a complete FIRST season, let alone 5 of them lmao

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I still use Pitchfork. Like 1 in 100 times they recommend something actually good. I recently found Khruangbin and I can't believe they are new and not from the 1960s.

The only good opinion for music chat here.

I look up Spin, Rolling Stones, and NPR's (which has some fantastic people working in their various aligned music shows) best of the year lists, but it's a losing battle really, as can be seen when you talk to anyone under 20. I manage to only find a good dozen new artist every year and that's entire to me being extremely in my 30s.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've never seen The Last Ship and don't know much about it but it seems really unfortunately placed right around the time period where weird stories of rogue government crisis' crises and poo poo got way more serious.

edit: I'm bad at english.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 27, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

muscles like this! posted:

I'm surprised it survived that long, wasn't there some kind of issue with it a couple of years ago that caused it to get pulled for a little bit?

I remember they took a hiatus because the main actor was suffering from depression and needed a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

STAC Goat posted:

I've never seen The Last Ship and don't know much about it but it seems really unfortunately placed right around the time period where weird stories of rogue government crisis' and poo poo got way more serious

The plural of crisis is crises; s’ is possessive.