Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Oh hey, weapon slot changes are coming tomorrow, that's cool. Are the TTK changes happening as well or is that all coming on the 4th?

TTK changes should come tomorrow as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Unsinkabear posted:

Hey, tag the major spoilers please. I don't want to know who dies, let alone already know that they'll be coming back to life when it happens. Kind of undermines that story beat a little bit. :colbert:

Cayde dying has been the major focus of the bungo ad campaign for forsaken and will happen at the very start of the expansion. Him being brought back is pure speculation for now.

quote:

I don't know what this means but I'm excited

Each Titan spec has one subtree that gives you access to a charge melee attack. You need to sprint until you have speed lines around your screen and then hit melee while it is charged.

Those things are rad for movement, have some neat bonus effect and will be 1 hit KOs in pvp once the ttk changes hit.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Fathis Munk posted:

Cayde dying has been the major focus of the bungo ad campaign for forsaken and will happen at the very start of the expansion.

DaveKap posted:

you bring Sagira back to life

I was talking about this part, but I realize now it was Destiny 1 chat. Didn't read fully due to spoiler fears, my bad.

And yeah the Cayde Dying ad campaign is a bit weird for me coming in as a new player right now. You meet him in literally scene 1 and he's obviously supposed to be a bro crush character, but now I'm very alert and suspicious of them trying to make me like him.

It'll probably still work somewhat, because Nathan Fillion

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Cayde-6 sucks and I am glad he dies.

Also I have just been shown this, apparently even bungo employees don't remember when the TTK changes go live

https://twitter.com/Josh_Hamrick/status/1032831037225689088

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Unsinkabear posted:

I was talking about this part, but I realize now it was Destiny 1 chat. Didn't read fully due to spoiler fears, my bad.

And yeah the Cayde Dying ad campaign is a bit weird for me coming in as a new player right now. You meet him in literally scene 1 and he's obviously supposed to be a bro crush character, but now I'm very alert and suspicious of them trying to make me like him.

He's the same character he always plays in person and in voice acting, at the very least you're getting a known quantity.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fathis Munk posted:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Fathis Munk posted:

Hyped to see his rear end corpsed up and spaced.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Fathis Munk posted:

Cayde dying has been the major focus of the bungo ad campaign for forsaken and will happen at the very start of the expansion. Him being brought back is pure speculation for now.

Each Titan spec has one subtree that gives you access to a charge melee attack. You need to sprint until you have speed lines around your screen and then hit melee while it is charged.

Those things are rad for movement, have some neat bonus effect and will be 1 hit KOs in pvp once the ttk changes hit.

What :stare:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Unsinkabear posted:

Cayde-6 is voiced by Nolan North in Forsaken, who does a better job of it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone else taken a slight performance hit recently? i've been losing 10-15 fps lately in matches but used to hold steady at 105

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Is TTK in pvp dropping or increasing, I'm confused

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
TTK is going down, people keep saying “increasing” because they are thinking of it in the context of “the speed at which I kill people will increase”

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Gotcha...and supposedly Grav/Viggy Wing are getting changed so they're not the only good guns?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Who knows about those two specifically, they haven’t commented on any specific GL/VW tubings to my knowledge

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

wyoak posted:

Gotcha...and supposedly Grav/Viggy Wing are getting changed so they're not the only good guns?

run 3 snipers and show em what for

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Trying to get these 30 super kills and pvp is still as terrible as I remember. Pubbies having no idea that you win control by holding 2 points and not flipping the spawns I mean it's been a staple of fps design for decades :psyduck: Hoping this TTK update flips the formula. Dunking on nerds with titan charge was pretty much the best of a bad situation.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Go ahead and Nerf the wing and the graviton Lance bungie. Me and my darkest before are unafraid.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Go ahead and Nerf the wing and the graviton Lance bungie. Me and my darkest before are unafraid.

same, but claymore

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lower TTK by adding a + impact mod that can only be put in year 2 weapons.

Do it, cowards

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I want encouraged loadout playlists like shotgun/sniper, swords only, rocket launcher only, etc weeks.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So I get it that normal year 1 guns are getting depreciated since they won't be able to be "new" master worked and are incompatible with new mods...

What about exotics? Are Year 1 Exotics still good?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Yes

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is today supposed to be the void glow for sale for SoH armor? I'm going to be pissed if I miss-timed things because I was out of town near the end of the event.

e: Wait gently caress I had void and solar. Why was arc showing up as unavailable earlier?

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 28, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

TTK changes should come tomorrow as well

I hope they are half as good as The Taken King changes lol tip your waitresses

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: 7 days until you get SAKENED :ducksiren:

You’ll want it saken not stirred

Big day tomorrow. You get milestone changes, weapon changes, lots of changes. Just a small sample of what’s to come for the more important day: September 4.

Bless up.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Big day tomorrow. You get milestone changes, weapon changes, lots of changes. Just a small sample of what’s to come for the more important day: September 4.

Bless up.

I am fukken stoked for tomorrow.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

DrNutt posted:

I am fukken stoked for tomorrow.

I admit I am so happy for your return. You are missed

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I admit I am so happy for your return. You are missed

Aww! I played a little last night with a friend who hasn't even finished the story yet. It was fun shepherding a baby guardian along and curbstomping orange bars in regular story missions.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got just enough points for the shirt. :feelsgood:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Really excited for D2 PC players to experience even a bit of Destiny 1 lol, no irony poisoning here, it was p good when they ironed out the wrinkles

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mill Village posted:

I got just enough points for the shirt. :feelsgood:

I'm fine with nerd shirts but I'll never buy a bungie shirt ever again because they can't size consistently for poo poo. My Nightstalker shirt is a large that fits great, my age of triumph and Tibetan relief charity shirt are larges that I can't wear because they're too small, and the FWC shirt that I got in XL fits like when I was in middle school and got clothes that were too big because I thought they would hide my fat.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So what are we in for today? I want to try Gambit later in the week but otherwise might just wait for the proper release

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

So what are we in for today? I want to try Gambit later in the week but otherwise might just wait for the proper release

changes to the weapon slot system
changes to mods
changes to strikes and nf scoring
changes to Time To Kill numbers (one hit shoulder charge :frogin:)
Updates to the director
Updates to some other stuff

Definitely worth checking out your loadout and how things feel post update if you're going to do gambit on saturday

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy1KWyDDM2U

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

:siren:YOUR GUARDIAN HAS AT LEAST ONE (1) VOICE LINE IN FORSAKEN:siren:

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Bless up.

your posts are the glimmer that fund my heart

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

hows the pc playerbase for this lately? I own the game on pc and ps4 and not sure what one to buy for. id rather play on pc with 60fps and a mouse, is there a decent goon presence still?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

queeb posted:

hows the pc playerbase for this lately? I own the game on pc and ps4 and not sure what one to buy for. id rather play on pc with 60fps and a mouse, is there a decent goon presence still?

pc because we are nice.

And there are about 200 active goons as of today. On launch, I expect that to hit 350. We have 4 active clans with over 50% participation and basically, we keep it Chill, fun, exciting and will be here until the game’s death.

Have fun with us.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Golbez posted:

your posts are the glimmer that fund my heart

Bless your little soul my friend. What a great day to be alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have the game on PC and want to get back into it, I've done the fat cabal guy raid and the 1st lair with the big vex floating eye thing. When I logged in there was only a couple people in the clan; what is the active PC clan nowadays? I'd like to get back into doing trials and raid poo poo and actually have some items show up at the bird lady.

• Locked thread