Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Pick posted:

Just kidding, I don't have a crush on Spock. My mom got dibs in the 60s and I dunno, it's just not right to double tap

"Sub Rosa" says otherwise. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

After The War posted:

It was okay since the ghost skipped a generation.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

After The War posted:

Nothing about that episode was good or correct including the backwards bathing suit camel toe leotards in the mirror hallway

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

skasion posted:

Quinto Spock 100% cries during sex

When he climaxes, he starts screaming in rage and beating you to death.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

After The War posted:

It's ok there's plenty of other aliens to shag :cheers:

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Bloop posted:

Nothing about that episode was good or correct including the backwards bathing suit camel toe leotards in the mirror hallway

sub rosa is the one where picard opens a door and sees Beverly just continually orgasming in a chair, and he watches for a moment and then slowly walks inside and she's still cumming and then he finally says something and she tries to pretend that she wasn't loving a ghost

the leotards are in a different, but probably equally bad, episode

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
although maybe the ghost was wearing a leotard

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FabioClone posted:

the leotards are in a different, but probably equally bad, episode

You are absolutely correct.

In penance, I read the first 50 or so comments of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXZZeHkL29c

EXPERIENCE BIJ

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Bloop posted:

You are absolutely correct.

In penance, I read the first 50 or so comments of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXZZeHkL29c

EXPERIENCE BIJ

This should have been a regular thing on the show, we find out that this is completely normal behavior in the future. Riker and Worf, in the exact same leotards, get together and do sexy stretching each morning in front of mirrors and talk about the ladies they're banging

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
"I did fall asleep reading a particularly honorable chapter in my vavnI's journal."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FabioClone posted:

This should have been a regular thing on the show, we find out that this is completely normal behavior in the future. Riker and Worf, in the exact same leotards, get together and do sexy stretching each morning in front of mirrors and talk about the ladies they're banging

*ds9, bashir's tennis outfitly*

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

FabioClone posted:

Who gets the pink one with the tits cut out?
"A warrior's leotard"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

You hide your breasts during calisthenics?

You have no honour.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Now picturing Worf with a Duras family boob window

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

Now picturing Worf with a Duras family boob window

Whale tail

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Apparently Shatner has a new Christmas album coming out and the track list made me LOL

1. Jingle Bells Feat. Henry Rollins
2. Blue Christmas Feat. Brad Paisley
3. Little Drummer Boy Feat. Joe Louis Walker
4. Winter Wonderland Feat. Todd Rundgren & Artimus Pyle
5. Twas the Night Before Christmas Feat. Mel Collins
6. Run Rudolph Run Feat. Elliot Easton
7. O Come, O Come Emmanuel Feat. Rick Wakeman
8. Silver Bells Feat. Ian Anderson
9. One for You, One for Me
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Feat. Billy Gibbons
11. Silent Night Feat. Iggy Pop
12. White Christmas Feat. Judy Collins
13. Feliz Navidad Feat. Dani Bender
14. Jingle Bells Feat. Henry Rollins (Punk Rock Version)

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Worf with "Honor Goner" tattooed above his rear end.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Apparently Shatner has a new Christmas album coming out and the track list made me LOL

1. Jingle Bells Feat. Henry Rollins
2. Blue Christmas Feat. Brad Paisley
3. Little Drummer Boy Feat. Joe Louis Walker
4. Winter Wonderland Feat. Todd Rundgren & Artimus Pyle
5. Twas the Night Before Christmas Feat. Mel Collins
6. Run Rudolph Run Feat. Elliot Easton
7. O Come, O Come Emmanuel Feat. Rick Wakeman
8. Silver Bells Feat. Ian Anderson
9. One for You, One for Me
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Feat. Billy Gibbons
11. Silent Night Feat. Iggy Pop
12. White Christmas Feat. Judy Collins
13. Feliz Navidad Feat. Dani Bender
14. Jingle Bells Feat. Henry Rollins (Punk Rock Version)

I'm so pumped for this.

Also Has Been is a fantastic album that still gets regular plays from me.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

When he climaxes, he starts screaming in rage and beating you to death.

dibs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Today's greatest gen had very funny discussion of Odo's baroque masturbation habits.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

FabioClone posted:

Riker would do this for about a week before getting completely bored with Worf complaining about how every woman leaves after he demands they take the oath.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sash! posted:

Riker would do this for about a week before getting completely bored with Worf complaining about how every woman leaves after he demands they take the oath.

Still probably better than Geordi.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Phylodox posted:

Still probably better than Geordi.

Unless his Skeletor Cenobite holo-buddy is actually based off a real person.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
“There is no one on Deck 9 section 12 who doesn’t know when you’re having intimate relations”

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The Doctor showing Seven a lame health class sexuality presentation was gold

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if seven got picked up by Doctor Who

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MorgaineDax posted:

I'm so pumped for this.

Also Has Been is a fantastic album that still gets regular plays from me.

I attribute most of Has Been's greatness to Ben Folds but God drat it's a great album and I don't think it would have worked without Shatner's clumsy earnestness.

hoo eee The Child (1988) is strikingly terrible. How did this script get greenlit?

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 28, 2018

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

DrNutt posted:

hoo eee The Child (1988) is strikingly terrible. How did this script get greenlit?

Literal writer's strike. It's a leftover script from the failed 1970s reboot.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Where Silence Has Lease (1988): Riker finally plays coop Dark Souls with Worf and decides that it's not for him. Worf insists that Riker just needs to "git gud."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

skasion posted:

I remarked on this a while back, but after all the hell Spock raises in the episode about how he has to go back to Vulcan and get some or he’s gonna die, in the end of the episode he’s fine. So my conclusion is that either Spock laid some pipe offscreen in between Kirk blacking out and waking back up, or that the problem here is not as biologically simple as he represented it and the catharsis of violence against Kirk was enough to offset his sexual frustration.

implying kirk would not bone his first officer and best friend to make sure he lived to scan another day

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I bet they'd make money if they reanaimated TAS and slotted it into modern airing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

I bet they'd make money if they reanaimated TAS and slotted it into modern airing.

Probably, the biggest weakness is the extremely budget animation. A lot of the writing is actually solid.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah, the idea of an animated Trek, taken seriously (as in, not Star Trek Go!), is a good one, but the concept that was like 'the federation has collapsed because we have the imaginative poverty of 15 year olds, without hte excuse' was kind of bad. I would prefer just infinite sessions with Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
In retrospect, we're lucky there was never a Stargate Infinity-style obviously-a-generic-toyetic-concept-with-some-of-the-details-quickly-relabed cartoon offshoot of Trek.

A Real Ghostbusters "the writers are just making up a whole offshoot universe worth of stuff to get seven seasons of syndicated cartoons out, but a lot of it is actually pretty good" would have been cool, though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Unfortunately pretty much all animation these days is based on the amount of toys it can sell.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Kibayasu posted:

Unfortunately pretty much all animation these days is based on the amount of toys it can sell.

I dunno about that, I think the industry's changed, and a lot of the most popular kids' cartoons in recent years haven't really been heavily marketed as toys. Not even close to the same extent as like, Transformers and He-Man and poo poo like that were in the 80's. I think the main thing kids' networks want now is for kids to download their apps and stream their shows.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kibayasu posted:

Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, Teen Titans Go and Gumball arent exactly clogging up the aisles with figures and Battle Action Power Sled accessories, dude.

Even, like, Voltron is barely a blip in the toy aisle, and kids loving love that Netflix poo poo.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Kibayasu posted:

"these days"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Adventure Time sells enough for all of them.

That said, yeah, animation in the 80s and early 90s was all about the toy selling. These days we have way more genuinely quality shows that exist on their own merit.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 28, 2018