Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

KingKapalone posted:

What type of waiver should I use for my 12-team, standard ESPN scoring, $20 entry league? We've always used the default 'reset each week' but a new guy last year made a fuss about switching to 'move to end'. I wonder if FAAB is too much for a $20 league.

FAAB is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Just had another draft, I feel pretty good about this one I think? I had the last pick.

12 team .5 PPR yahoo scoring

How did Gordon slip to pick #12?

He's gonna be better than Kamara, you know.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
FAAB is fairest, but can be scary for noobs and casuals.

Continuous rolling list is second best.

Reverse order of standings is terrible because it rewards failure and, in extreme cases, outright tanking.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

How did Gordon slip to pick #12?

He's gonna be better than Kamara, you know.

Slipped? He's been getting drafted around the turn in both drafts i've been in and his ADP is also around there. You're the minority that's taking him top 5

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I love that people are drafting Gordon expecting him to turn in a 1k+ season after not playing for years with him being MAYBE a year sober with 1 slip up being another season ending suspension. Especially with an notoriously conservative QB. Literally nothing about his situation says he turns in anything deserving of his ADP.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
He will tear his ACL

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Is Brady really a tier 1 or 2 QB?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I love that people are drafting Gordon expecting him to turn in a 1k+ season after not playing for years with him being MAYBE a year sober with 1 slip up being another season ending suspension. Especially with an notoriously conservative QB. Literally nothing about his situation says he turns in anything deserving of his ADP.

Except, you know, 2013.

Five years ago.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Except, you know, 2013.

Five years ago.

Or even last season? I mean, last season he put up 335 yards in 5 games with Kizer throwing him the ball, which is a ~1100 yard season pace? Yeah, his PPG was only pacing for a low end WR2, but if you assume he catches more TDs, that makes a big difference..

I'd expect his target rate to drop a bit, but his catch rate to rise a bit as well -- down from say 134 targets (last season pace) to 110, up from 41% catch rate to 50-55% or so, gives you roughly the same number of expected catches.

He's currently being drafted as WR21. Last season he would have been WR24 with Kizer as his QB if he played the whole season. If he doesn't get suspended, a low end WR2 feels like a reasonable floor for him. If he is suspended, well, that's his season. His ceiling is of course a high end WR1. Feels like a decent gamble at WR21 / OV50, which puts him in the 5th round?

The guy going after him (arob) is a pretty similar gamble. One season of production. New team, new OC, last productive season was essentially 3 years ago, injury history -- but I feel like he is more QB dependent. Marvin Jones (WR24, so 3 after Josh Gordon) only has one season over 1k yards and a rising WR3 to compete with. Hogan, WR25, has 0 1k yard seasons, a ton of injury history, and is likely to lose his volume share to edelman when he returns in 4 games. Jeffery (WR26) is likely to start the season injured.

etc.

Where JG is going, he has the most upside and it's with players that have decent (or high) upside but a lot of potential downside as well.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 28, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ Not really seeing the downside for where he is being drafted, which in my leagues has been way late. Worth the flier imo.

How concerned are we with the Dallas OLine and specifically how they relates to Zeke's productivity?

Dude offered me up Jordan Howard for Zeke straight up, which I am not going to do, but he is a huge Cowboy homer so I am wondering how much I can milk out of him for Howard. Or if it would even be worth pursuing?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

weird Asian candy posted:

How concerned are we with the Dallas OLine and specifically how they relates to Zeke's productivity?

Every starting O lineman except the rookie LG is ailing, but none are on IR (though I'd expect Frederick to be done for the year). Joe Looney will fill in at center, and has reportedly had a very good camp. I'd expect everyone else to be healthy enough to play by week one.

The Howard owner likely smells blood in the water. I wouldn't entertain a trade personally.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ayudo posted:

Every starting O lineman except the rookie LG is ailing, but none are on IR (though I'd expect Frederick to be done for the year). Joe Looney will fill in at center, and has reportedly had a very good camp. I'd expect everyone else to be healthy enough to play by week one.

The Howard owner likely smells blood in the water. I wouldn't entertain a trade personally.

Yeah, I'm down on Zeke in the circumstances, but it's really relative to the top couple guys, not so much that I'd swap for howard.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ayudo posted:

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah, I'm down on Zeke in the circumstances, but it's really relative to the top couple guys, not so much that I'd swap for howard.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts!

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Don't ask me how people let me get this team but I am wondering who to cut for a kicker and defense.

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex/K/DST .5ppr 10 teams yahoo normal scoring for the rest.

Todd Gurley
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Christian McCaffrey
Mike Evans
Doug Baldwin
Lesean McCoy
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Corey Davis
Ben Roethlisberger
Andrew Luck
Rashaad Penny
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon

I am thinking Garcon and Stills but I am worried about being too shallow in WR in a 3 WR league.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Akiosan posted:

Don't ask me how people let me get this team but I am wondering who to cut for a kicker and defense.

Todd Gurley
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Christian McCaffrey
Mike Evans
Doug Baldwin
Lesean McCoy
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Corey Davis
Ben Roethlisberger
Andrew Luck
Rashaad Penny
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon

I am thinking Garcon and Stills but I am worried about being too shallow in WR in a 3 WR league.

Wow pretty solid even in a 10 team league

I'm cutting Luck & Stills. No need for 2 QB's

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zauper posted:

Or even last season? I mean, last season he put up 335 yards in 5 games with Kizer throwing him the ball, which is a ~1100 yard season pace? Yeah, his PPG was only pacing for a low end WR2, but if you assume he catches more TDs, that makes a big difference..

I'd expect his target rate to drop a bit, but his catch rate to rise a bit as well -- down from say 134 targets (last season pace) to 110, up from 41% catch rate to 50-55% or so, gives you roughly the same number of expected catches.

He's currently being drafted as WR21. Last season he would have been WR24 with Kizer as his QB if he played the whole season. If he doesn't get suspended, a low end WR2 feels like a reasonable floor for him. If he is suspended, well, that's his season. His ceiling is of course a high end WR1. Feels like a decent gamble at WR21 / OV50, which puts him in the 5th round?

The guy going after him (arob) is a pretty similar gamble. One season of production. New team, new OC, last productive season was essentially 3 years ago, injury history -- but I feel like he is more QB dependent. Marvin Jones (WR24, so 3 after Josh Gordon) only has one season over 1k yards and a rising WR3 to compete with. Hogan, WR25, has 0 1k yard seasons, a ton of injury history, and is likely to lose his volume share to edelman when he returns in 4 games. Jeffery (WR26) is likely to start the season injured.

etc.

Where JG is going, he has the most upside and it's with players that have decent (or high) upside but a lot of potential downside as well.

I get the appeal. I want a few shares of him if I can. It just kinda shocked me that his big season was that long ago.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Akiosan posted:

Todd Gurley
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Christian McCaffrey
Mike Evans
Doug Baldwin
Lesean McCoy
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Corey Davis
Ben Roethlisberger
Andrew Luck
Rashaad Penny
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon

Normally I wouldn't bother to roster a backup QB in a 10 teamer, but Big Ben is almost useless in road games so I think its OK to have Luck too for matchups.

I would drop both Stills and Penny.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

Normally I wouldn't bother to roster a backup QB in a 10 teamer, but Big Ben is almost useless in road games so I think its OK to have Luck too for matchups.

I would drop both Stills and Penny.

Yeah I'm obv in the "backup qbs aren't necessary" club, but I've also been specifically buying Luck/Big Ben when I get the other because of those bad weeks/risks. Only if I get a deal on the second guy though (<$5/$200)

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I get the appeal. I want a few shares of him if I can. It just kinda shocked me that his big season was that long ago.

Fair! I was mostly replying to the 'but is he a 1k yard player?' sentiment of the guy you quoted. He doesn't really seem overdrafted to me.

re: Zeke..
The cowboys offense is 100% reliant on him. Even with the oline injuries, he's a nearly first rounder. I would never trade him straight up for Howard. I'd want Howard and a top 5 WR.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Akiosan posted:

Todd Gurley
Keenan Allen
Travis Kelce
Christian McCaffrey
Mike Evans
Doug Baldwin
Lesean McCoy
Dion Lewis
Tevin Coleman
Corey Davis
Ben Roethlisberger
Andrew Luck
Rashaad Penny
Kenny Stills
Pierre Garcon

I know it's a 10 teamer and it's not as ridiculously dominant as it seems, but you genuinely could attempt to get through the entire season without making any add/drops and AT LEAST make the playoffs unless you just get destroyed by injuries

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Just want to say it warms my heart seeing this thread now have activity. Can't wait for the season to start!!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

AnacondaHL posted:

Family leagues, always and forever.

This is real old but it's actually for the crossfit gym she's a part of.

Winner of the league gets to create a custom workout. They asked for any ideas and I said they should do a basic leg day from a body building program (4x12 squat, 4x12 straight leg deadlifts, etc etc) then have a high jump competition.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I need a name for my public Yahoo league team that reflects my view of how gross it is that the NFL panders to the right wing. I keep coming back to the HUAC but can't think of anything funny, any suggestions. Jokes about standing for the anthem also good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I need a name for my public Yahoo league team that reflects my view of how gross it is that the NFL panders to the right wing. I keep coming back to the HUAC but can't think of anything funny, any suggestions. Jokes about standing for the anthem also good.

Alt-Strong Side

Make Football Great Again

smoothitron
Dec 25, 2013

Big Brother
Work league for a job I quit 6 years ago full of morons that still beat the piss out of me annually. One guy started eschewing the draft rankings the commissioner brought for everyone to use in favor of just picking whatever dudes BW3's draft kit had stickers for. Dude is either starting Stevan Ridley or Mike Gillislee week 1 as of now.

PPR, 6pt Passing TDs, 10 teams 2nd pick.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Big Money League draft is tomorrow! I can't wait to get too drunk and mess it all up!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Just want to say it warms my heart seeing this thread now have activity. Can't wait for the season to start!!

Preseason football is diet football but I still drink the mother-loving poo poo out of it and love it

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In my friends league I role play as Donald Trump and use a fake Twitter generator to custom create mad-libbed, NFL-related tweets out of his actual tweets.

This is just a quick and dirty, via faketrumptweet.com

Some anthemic team name ideas:

Winnings to Kaep’s GoFundMe
The New England Forced Patriotism
I Bleed Red, White and Alfred
Oooh Sa-quon Bark-leyyyy

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 28, 2018

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Who are you all targeting at RB in the later rounds? It seems like once I get past the Miller/Ajayi/Ingram tier, the options are all really ugly.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

89 posted:

There somewhere where I can enter my Startup Dynasty league's scoring settings, team size, and budget and get a fair amount to pay for each player?

Anybody have any spreadsheets?

I'm going into my own Scott Fish Bowl inspired auction league on Wednesday without any clear idea on player values (other than don't spend more than 25% of your budget on one player).

fantasyfootballanalytics.net will do this for regular auction leagues... dynasty probably changes things a little, but it’s a good starting point.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Royce Freeman,Dion Lewis, Lynch, Coleman, Chris Thompson, Peyton Barber, Bilal Powell, James White would all still be on the board.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Fire up your Agholors.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1034545971366125568?s=21

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

god damnit

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Game of Roto [ https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863885 ] has its draft approaching on Monday, and we need a brave goon to join us so that we may successfully expand to 14 teams!

If you're reading this, please take one for the team and try out this auction/keeper league! Really excited about the possibility of expansion. Don't let this dead gay fantasy sports forum die like Joey Bosa.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

pmchem posted:

Game of Roto [ https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863885 ] has its draft approaching on Monday, and we need a brave goon to join us so that we may successfully expand to 14 teams!

If you're reading this, please take one for the team and try out this auction/keeper league! Really excited about the possibility of expansion. Don't let this dead gay fantasy sports forum die like Joey Bosa.

Join! You're already a loving nerd if you are reading this thread so double down on your nerdiness and join a game of thrones league

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I am now in 9 leagues this year lollll

I have a problem

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I am now in 9 leagues this year lollll

I have a problem

Next year you can drop all the ones that aren't auctions :D

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

nerve posted:

I've heard nothing but good things so I'm hoping this convinces me snake drafts are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

nerve posted:

This so hard