Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How does the closing of trade agreements affect the banks in this case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Grouchio posted:

What are you even talking about

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Grouchio posted:

All currency is immediately devalued and we switch to a bartering system

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

How many chickens will I need in my son's RESP to ensure he can graduate at a four-year school debt free? I need to contact my financial adviser.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Grouchio posted:

We all start trading moose poo poo for empty cans of Molson again.

Seriously you post the dumbest things in this thread. NAFTA isn't going away. Everything will be fine.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A Typical Goon posted:

What are you even talking about
Doesn't the impacts of a trade war or cancellation of a trade agreement indirectly impact the banks through it's customers getting affected by it? I'm assuming that the intricacies of modern economic infrastructure are more complicated than can be fathomed.

And even if NAFTA doesn't go away, I still find it useful to understand these things, hence why I ask. :colbert:

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

DariusLikewise posted:

This housing crisis is getting really out of hand, the cash down for Yaletown condo was 1000 whole cows.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Just killed my landlord and now I own a Porsche and some pepper grinders

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Up against the wall you bourgie gently caress.

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
What will we trade if the value of houses collapses? It is un Canadian to wish for affordable housing imo

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dinosaurtrain posted:

What will we trade if the value of houses collapses? It is un Canadian to wish for affordable housing imo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dinosaurtrain posted:

Beer

A buck a beer.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Dinosaurtrain posted:

Business suits, bien sur

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ugnxt

(one of my favourite KITH sketeches, sorry for the dailymotion link but I couldn't find it on Youtube)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I think you have to be a sociopath to enjoy being a landlord.

I'm a landlord by necessity and I loving hate it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I'm a landlord by necessity and I loving hate it.

but it's passive income, bro

you don't have to do anything and some rental dalit pays your mortgage. It's free real estate!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

you don't have to do anything and some rental dalit pays your mortgage. It's free real estate!

It's bullshit is what it is.

Maybe I'm just too nice to be a landlord because I actually want our tenants to be happy or some poo poo.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Powershift posted:

Unless you happen to own a condo and special assessments gently caress you out the rear end. My wife and I are trying to offload her condo apartment in Calgary, because it's costing us more in mortgage and condo fees than we're making back in rent money. And because rent counts as income, but it doesn't take into account that it's costing us more than said 'income', it's screwing up her income tax returns.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just move ownership into an offshore company and stop paying taxes, if questioned on it, lawyer up and they'll back off.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Or just move ownership into a Canadian corporation. If expenses are greater than revenue: voila, no tax!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

It's bullshit is what it is.

Maybe I'm just too nice to be a landlord because I actually want our tenants to be happy or some poo poo.

Can you be my landlord I'm still looking for a house to live in because I'm a starving graduate who doesn't want to drive an hour to work every day while living at home.

Godlovesus
Oct 16, 2015

Ask me about continually throwing myself at the enemy and losing every single time in EU4 Multiplayer.
Pretty sure it’s is reported on your T1 as net rental income minus expenses

Source: I work at the CRA.

Also related link

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4036/rental-income-2016.html#P360_33597

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

PT6A posted:

Or just move ownership into a Canadian corporation. If expenses are greater than revenue: voila, no tax!

Also no income?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Can you be my landlord I'm still looking for a house to live in because I'm a starving graduate who doesn't want to drive an hour to work every day while living at home.

If I could I would.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

DariusLikewise posted:

Also no income?

I thought that was the whole point -- the rent isn't covering the expenses, so there's no profit. I'm not sure if you still have to pay the tax on rental income in that case, but I'm 100% sure you wouldn't have to pay it if it was corporate income and corporate expense, since corporate income tax is only ever applied to profits.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Can you be my landlord

If I could I would.

Looks like we're done here.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Powershift posted:

Looks like we're done here.

:hmmyes:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Powershift posted:

Beer

A buck a beer.

A beer bottle is a lot to carry around though. Maybe just the bottle... Cap?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Yeah, the problem is the beer itself is the store of value.

I've got a garage full of Cool just waiting for the apocalypse

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

infernal machines posted:

Yeah, the problem is the beer itself is the store of value.

I've got a garage full of Cool just waiting for the apocalypse

I was making a fallout reference. Sounds like you're sitting on fools gold anyways.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Yeah, I got it, but I don't think Cool and loving Barley Days have the cultural cachet of Nuka-Cola or Sunset Sarsaparilla

Now a dollar a beer is a dollar of beer, no?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

infernal machines posted:

Yeah, I got it, but I don't think Cool and loving Barley Days have the cultural cachet of Nuka-Cola or Sunset Sarsaparilla

Now a dollar a beer is a dollar of beer, no?

You're right that's fair, I was being too harsh when a dollars a dollar.

Dinosaurtrain
Mar 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
Um excuse me there's nothing wrong with numbered corporations because they are doing God's work

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Dinosaurtrain posted:

Um excuse me there's nothing wrong with numbered corporations because they are doing God's work

In the beginning 128984 Ontario Inc. created the heaven and the earth

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Tochiazuma posted:

In the beginning 128984 Ontario Inc. created the heaven and the earth and the HELOC

You were missing a key bit of Ontario history.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Today in "What Dumb Paranoid Bullshit are Conservatives Going to Drag Up Here From Watching Fox News?": anchor babies!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tasker-former-top-immigration-passport-babies-1.4800611

It's really quite pathetic that our conservatives can't even come up with their own paranoid nonsense. Also, frankly, if women are coming here to give birth and gain citizenship for their child, they are seriously playing the long game when it comes to immigration and wouldn't it be better to just create a path to legal immigration status that doesn't involve creating another human and waiting 18 years?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Like all true pro-colonialism colonials, they highest station to which they aspire is play acting as the metropole. Thus we get the cargo cult trash as our local conservatives.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Haha, Tesla beat Dougie on the electric car rebates.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Hand Knit posted:

Like all true pro-colonialism colonials, they highest station to which they aspire is play acting as the metropole. Thus we get the cargo cult trash as our local conservatives.

Slightly ironic using this term in this post

xtal fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 28, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Haha, Tesla beat Dougie on the electric car rebates.

The judgement is beautiful.

I'm not a fan of Tesla, but a judge telling the government to get their poo poo together and stop passing illegal bullshit is just :discourse:

Justice Myers posted:

If the government wants to transition out of the electric car subsidy program, (Transportation Minister John Yakabuski) must exercise his operational discretion in a lawful manner

Remember when I said it wasn't a given that they'd be able to write legislation that would hold up to any kind of scrutiny?

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Aug 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Illegal immigrants! Illegal immigrants! Illegal immigrants!

https://twitter.com/KellyCanuckTO/status/1033817370287112195?s=19