Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Bust Rodd posted:

I also remember getting super psyched and effort posting in here and invariably getting smacked with that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ every time, as if someone expressing themselves could only be found on reddit

I mean yeah dude that's gonna happen when you talk about shipping crazed "tumblrinas" and act overtly disturbed at the idea of LGBT people finding abstracted representation in the themes of Steven Universe. That's a series of pretty loving weird things to post. Especially since the latter part isn't even really subtext it's just text!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

business hammocks posted:

Given how the show treats its lore, it’s probably not going to be beholden to hints visible in a few scattered episodes. The ruins seen when the show has any content set in the far future fits in with the theory of the sublime the artists used to talk about when the show was new: seeing a bounded portion of something that clearly has more to it than you can see produces sublimity.

The end will probably just throw in some significant changes but keep the story open, as the show has always done.

They're continuing the story in comic form after the finale.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Shitenshi posted:

They're continuing the story in comic form after the finale.

Adam Muto considers the comic non-canon

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

The comic series is labeled season 11 and Muto's work on the franchise finished when the show wrapped up production last year. He's entitled to his opinion, but deciding whether something is non-canon is probably on some CN executive at this point more than him. :shrug:

For what it's worth, I think it's a goddamn stupid idea and they should just let the show end peacefully instead of dragging it on and on. The comics always did their own thing, but even that was coming to an end soon. This just feels like somebody at CN went "hmm, but we could be making more money" when somebody told them the franchise was mostly wrapping up.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

If we aren't getting more show than canon is explicitley what you make of it. Death of the author et cetera.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Captain Oblivious posted:

. That's a series of pretty loving weird things to post. Especially since the latter part isn't even really subtext it's just text!

You are just a tumblr! It's just gals being pals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRjyqQPk_Zo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Diamonds & Lemons was ok, but it’s also exactly as pointless as I expected

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Escobarbarian posted:

Diamonds & Lemons was ok, but it’s also exactly as pointless as I expected

It wasn’t great but it seemed made by someone that played the game rather than the normal “hello fellow kids” thing video game episodes of things do.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I for one am shocked that when the Enderman was out in the rain it didn't get hurt and teleported away. Are we supposed to believe that this is some sort of ~magic~ Enderman? Boy, I hope someone was sacked for that blunder!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It didn't really have anything interesting to say about Minecraft, and wasn't really an interesting or fun episode of Adventure Time. Just kinda boring.

I never knew that you could make an elevator out of staircases, that's kinda neat I guess.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Better see GOLB in the series finale.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Less than 10 days until the finale now! Here’s an oral history the LA Times released a couple days ago (with an EU-friendly link): http://archive.is/Dwz35

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Just saw the finale at the grove. It owns.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
hey why isn't it called the finn-ale.

think about it.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Mimir posted:

hey why isn't it called the finn-ale.

think about it.

they already used that name for the week where they premiered the last eps of season 6

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

dylguy90 posted:

How long is it?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That's a rather personal question

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My predictions for this finale:

- They confirm PB + Marcy to be back together
- That’s it

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Escobarbarian posted:

My predictions for this finale:

- They confirm PB + Marcy to be back together
- That’s it

According to the spoilery review I read they do go explicit about PB and Marceline being, or having been, a couple.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did the finale air yet? Where can I watch it?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Did the finale air yet? Where can I watch it?

I think they did a public screening but it doesn't air until next week (though it'll probably end up on the app early)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Airs Monday night. I’m staying up until 2am UK time and my friends and I are gonna find a CN stream

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

dylguy90 posted:

Oooh, I was there too.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

It's not polite to ask but 45 min

Oh hi fellow socal goon! Did you get any good merch? Also that Q&A ruled, I wanted to ask about subtext but was too lazy

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 30, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm amazed the episode didn't leak. Anyways, I don't actually have cable anymore so I won't see it as it airs and really who knows exactly when I'll see it but good luck everyone and it's been a fun ride.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If anyone knows any good live CN streams that aren’t super public and are less likely to get hammered during the finale PM me plz

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
There's an all-day marathon on right now and one of the season 1 episodes. I forgot how young Jeremy Shada was when this started and it just sounds so weird now lol

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Just watched food chain again as part of that marathon. Forgot how weird and fun that episode is. Finn dies and gets married and tries to eat jake.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Waffleopolis posted:

There's an all-day marathon on right now and one of the season 1 episodes. I forgot how young Jeremy Shada was when this started and it just sounds so weird now lol

I read that they hired him without even knowing he was the brother of the guy who voiced Penn in the pilot.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

We're watching the marathon too. Ancient psychic tandem war elephant!

Debating whether or not to start getting blu-rays of all the seasons, too - anybody know of plans to do a complete box set? I was thinking about getting the seasons on Prime, but they're all broken up.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Too Young now: “I DON’T KNOW WHERE FOOD COMES FROM”

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

a mysterious cloak posted:

We're watching the marathon too. Ancient psychic tandem war elephant!

Debating whether or not to start getting blu-rays of all the seasons, too - anybody know of plans to do a complete box set? I was thinking about getting the seasons on Prime, but they're all broken up.

They quit blu rays two seasons ago, I think. The last one released had no special features. Cartoon Network is done with physical media, or trying their best to be.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

business hammocks posted:

They quit blu rays two seasons ago, I think. The last one released had no special features. Cartoon Network is done with physical media, or trying their best to be.

They're huge dicks for this! At least finish with the shows that you already started! Don't do the new shows if you don't want to! But don't leave us who have 6 out of 10 seasons twisting in the wind!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://kingofooo.tumblr.com/post/177705378564/sennwald-a-little-promo-for-the-adventure-time

Holy poo poo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

IUG posted:

They're huge dicks for this! At least finish with the shows that you already started! Don't do the new shows if you don't want to! But don't leave us who have 6 out of 10 seasons twisting in the wind!

There's a Region 2 blu-ray release for season 7 that goes for ~$30 on ebay. I'm reasonably confident we'll eventually see a complete series box set in the next 5 years, but the individual blu-ray seasons seem quite dead.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

So awesome that I have to work on labor day and miss the finale. What a way to celebrate the labor movement

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I've no proper idea of how I'm gonna see it outside of some dodgy website like kissanime or w/e

Should we consider changing the title of the thread in solidarity? "Come along with me"?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
My power just went out so I can't even DVR the finale :smith:

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
OMG this intro

Edit: OMG BMO

Bobbie Wickham fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
All hail King BMO

• Locked thread