Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Plus it's way easier to just throw some sprite graphics on a freemium game and make some extra cash that way.

No need to sculpt+manufacture things, no whinging about off model product, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

MikeJF posted:

Adventure Time sells enough for all of them.

If you discount video games and the Funko Pops that every single media franchise gets, Adventure Time had a single figure line before disappearing entirely from store shelves. It peaked at least 3 years ago.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Nessus posted:

Yeah, the idea of [...] Star Trek Go!), is a good one

I never knew how badly I wanted something until I saw this post.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Nessus posted:

Yeah, the idea of [...] Star Trek Go!), is a good one

:same:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Apparently Shatner has a new Christmas album coming out and the track list made me LOL

1. Jingle Bells Feat. Henry Rollins
2. Blue Christmas Feat. Brad Paisley
3. Little Drummer Boy Feat. Joe Louis Walker
4. Winter Wonderland Feat. Todd Rundgren & Artimus Pyle
5. Twas the Night Before Christmas Feat. Mel Collins
6. Run Rudolph Run Feat. Elliot Easton
7. O Come, O Come Emmanuel Feat. Rick Wakeman
8. Silver Bells Feat. Ian Anderson
9. One for You, One for Me
10. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Feat. Billy Gibbons
11. Silent Night Feat. Iggy Pop
12. White Christmas Feat. Judy Collins
13. Feliz Navidad Feat. Dani Bender
14. Jingle Bells Feat. Henry Rollins (Punk Rock Version)

Yessssss I have wanted him to do one of these for a long time. It'll fit nicely alongside Bob Dylan and Tiny Tim's Christmas albums.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Worf loves pie!

Cue prog rock episode!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Geordi is obviously Beast Boy.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

MikeJF posted:

I bet they'd make money if they reanaimated TAS and slotted it into modern airing.

Pick posted:

Probably, the biggest weakness is the extremely budget animation. A lot of the writing is actually solid.

Take the Old audio tracks and make some new CG animations.
CBS you can have that one for free.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Sir Lemming posted:

Yessssss I have wanted him to do one of these for a long time. It'll fit nicely alongside Bob Dylan and Tiny Tim's Christmas albums.

You paid retail? You paid TOO MUCH!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Angry Salami posted:

Literal writer's strike. It's a leftover script from the failed 1970s reboot.

I wouldn't call Phase 2 a reboot - it was just a sequel series.

8one6 posted:

Take the Old audio tracks and make some new CG animations.
CBS you can have that one for free.

Just please let it look better than Clone Wars.

Also, hell, all the TNG actors are still alive - you could do TNG_S8 in animation. Or even go back and do episodes set earlier in the timeline.

Captain Picard must negotiate a treaty with an alien ambassador by entering a poetry contest; Wesley Crusher gets into a HUGE argument with Lieutenant Barclay about watching Klingon operas with subtitles instead of the universal translator.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Phylodox posted:

Worf loves pie!

Cue prog rock episode!
:gowron: When I say "Act With," you say "Honor!" Act with!
:techno: Honor!
:gowron: Act with!
:techno: Honor!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

All my dreams are coming true :swoon:

Now do Data as Starfire, Riker as Robin, and I have no idea who's funniest as Raven.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Just please let it look better than Clone Wars.

Clone wars, at least, is an intentional art style not just a failure to do something else.

Some animation takes some getting used to like the aforementioned TTGo or maybe the Jumanji Cartoon

Other things, like much of Digimon or the old SMB cartoons are just poorly done

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The old Jumanji cartoon is legitimately impressive in how ugly the style is

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

The old Jumanji cartoon is legitimately impressive in how ugly the style is

But it grows on you like a magical jungle fungus

Like, it's definitely an intentional sort of ugly. Like a hipster cartoon.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

All my dreams are coming true :swoon:

Now do Data as Starfire, Riker as Robin, and I have no idea who's funniest as Raven.

Rho as Raven, or Seven as Raven if you're willing to go outside of TNG.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

But it grows on you like a magical jungle fungus

Like, it's definitely an intentional sort of ugly. Like a hipster cartoon.

Oh yeah, I kind of like it but it's so loving gross and unpleasant.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Pick posted:

Oh yeah, I kind of like it but it's so loving gross and unpleasant.

That’s what happens when you get the guy who did Duckman to do character designs for your kids show.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Klasky/Csupo was a plague of 90s animation. Rugrats, Aaaa real monsters, duckman, wild Thornberrys... Everything they did was ugly as sin and should have been put out of its misery.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was appropriate for real monsters but I'm with you in all the others

Why did they not sue the gently caress outta Pixar for that btw?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I think it kinda works for Duckman too since everyone in that show is incredibly unlikeable and ugly

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Bring back squigglevision.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Delsaber posted:

Bring back squigglevision.

I approve of this post

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Voyager season 5 was more mediocre than anything. There were a handful of good episodes. Most of it I found myself a little tuned out. The finale was meh. I sure hope season 6 picks up some steam or it’s gonna be a long slog to the finish.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Windows 98 posted:

Voyager ... was ... meh.

Don't get your hopes up

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Windows 98 posted:

Voyager was mediocre it’s a long slog to the finish.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Windows 98 posted:

Voyager season 5 was more mediocre than anything. There were a handful of good episodes. Most of it I found myself a little tuned out. The finale was meh. I sure hope season 6 picks up some steam or it’s gonna be a long slog to the finish.

Welcome to me 18 years ago or whenever it was.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Sisko in Through The Looking Glass is hilarious. Just loving and punching his way around while having absolutely no idea what’s going on.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I wish DS9 had let Sisko lighten up a little more often because Sisko is at his best when he’s just loving around. Avery Brooks was so great at those little quirky moments.

There’s a little beat in The Emissary where Kai Opaka turns off a holographic fountain that was hiding a little stairway and Sisko just grins and gives the crazy eyes like “Ok, I guess this is some Scooby-Doo poo poo now”.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 29, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Roadie posted:

In retrospect, we're lucky there was never a Stargate Infinity-style obviously-a-generic-toyetic-concept-with-some-of-the-details-quickly-relabed cartoon offshoot of Trek.

A Real Ghostbusters "the writers are just making up a whole offshoot universe worth of stuff to get seven seasons of syndicated cartoons out, but a lot of it is actually pretty good" would have been cool, though.

Featuring Dave Coulier as Spock

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I never realized what a good blend of TOS and post-TOS Klingon aesthetics this was.

Also, if a Trek cartoon was done with this much energy and humor it would be dynamite in my view

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Where does Naomi on Voyager go to school. Who is teaching her brain while her mom works all day? It can’t possibly be Neelix, since he is a retard.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Windows 98 posted:

Where does Naomi on Voyager go to school. Who is teaching her brain while her mom works all day? It can’t possibly be Neelix, since he is a retard.

They got computer programs for that. Uhura had her brain erased and got to reading at a grade school level in like a day.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

They got computer programs for that. Uhura had her brain erased and got to reading at a grade school level in like a day.

Venture technology

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Isaac Asimov posted:

Margie went into the schoolroom. It was right next to her bedroom, and the mechanical teacher was on and waiting for her. It was always on at the same time every day except Saturday and Sunday, because her mother said little girls learned better if they learned at regular hours.

The screen was lit up, and it said: "Today's arithmetic lesson is on the addition of proper fractions. Please insert yesterday's homework in the proper slot."

Margie did so with a sigh. She was thinking about the old schools they had when her grandfather's grandfather was a little boy. All the kids from the whole neighborhood came, laughing and shouting in the schoolyard, sitting together in the schoolroom, going home together at the end of the day. They learned the same things, so they could help one another on the homework and talk about it.

And the teachers were people...

The mechanical teacher was flashing on the screen: "When we add the fractions 1/2 and 1/4..."

Margie was thinking about how the kids must have loved it in the old days. She was thinking about the fun they had.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
In my opinion if you're going to do an animated space opera just go hire the studio that did Space Battleship Yamato 2199, that was such a gorgeously rendered series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

This was such a good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9sFyY9LN0M