Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

edit: wait n/m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bust Rodd posted:

I honestly think it has more to do with their recent bout of Twitter drama. They are set very firmly in some extremely online people’s crosshairs and the first minute of that video having a single binary gender option has probably already ruffled those same feathers

It's more "ten goddamn years and we're still playing catch-up to Saints Row 2".

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dont be mean to me posted:

It's more "ten goddamn years and we're still playing catch-up to Saints Row 2".

Don't engage bust rodd's usual queerphobic bait.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

Why didn't someone tell me Donut County is only :10bux:? Hell yeah I'm being a sarcastic low-poly raccoon

It’s $5 on iOS. Not sure how different it is yet

Edit: appears to be the whole game?

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 28, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’ve never sat in front of a tv waiting for a game to unlock before. Is this what Steam is like?

Edit: GO GO GO GO

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 28, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Steve Yun posted:

I’ve never sat in front of a tv waiting for a game to unlock before. Is this what Steam is like?

You haven't desperately posted questions about Australian VPNs for the last hour so no, not quite the full experience.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Morby posted:

Somebody leaked Spiderman gameplay. 4 min video of what the movement looks like. Better check it out quick before it gets pulled.

https://youtu.be/tN6JookeCHE

Looks pr nice.

The running straight up walls thing still looks loving stupid, just as it always has.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yakuza k2 is really good.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Closed now because the game is trying to shepherd me along to the story.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Looks super fun just like it always has. Excited!

it like cool but I'm still salty over having to climb towers to fill out your map of the city. It's Spider-Man, it's New York City, he's apparently been an active superhero for seven years at the point when the game starts; he is the last character in the last setting in the world who needs a "climb the tower to reveal the map" mechanic lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Getting a weird bug with my Pro at the minute where when I bring it back from rest mode, the HDMI doesn’t transmit information to the TV. Tried with multiple cables, and having the same problem. It only starts working again when I literally unplug the console from the wall and plug it back in. Anyone else ever had this?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for double post but I played a little Donut County this morning and it is super fun and good. The style/UI of the game feels like it was designed with iOS in mind (PS4 version literally has a loving cursor) but it’s so much better with an analogue stick than I imagine it is with a touchscreen. It’s also really cute and amusing. Didn’t see much variety so far, there’s only been one section that hasn’t just been “move the hole around”, but maybe that comes in later.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Getting a weird bug with my Pro at the minute where when I bring it back from rest mode, the HDMI doesn’t transmit information to the TV. Tried with multiple cables, and having the same problem. It only starts working again when I literally unplug the console from the wall and plug it back in. Anyone else ever had this?

Try unplugging your console for a minute and then powering back on

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Sorry for double post but I played a little Donut County this morning and it is super fun and good. The style/UI of the game feels like it was designed with iOS in mind (PS4 version literally has a loving cursor) but it’s so much better with an analogue stick than I imagine it is with a touchscreen. It’s also really cute and amusing. Didn’t see much variety so far, there’s only been one section that hasn’t just been “move the hole around”, but maybe that comes in later.

Given that the game is less than two hours long I probably wouldn't expect much variety. But it still looks cool, I'll probably check it out on Steam.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:blastu: jesus christ my legs

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

Given that the game is less than two hours long I probably wouldn't expect much variety. But it still looks cool, I'll probably check it out on Steam.

Really, that short?! drat.

At least it gives the Corn Love run for its money for the best theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjs5HIotqj4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:blastu: jesus christ my legs

Laughed so hard at this

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Guillermus posted:

What is that borderlands thing from Cyberpunk? Floating damage numbers? Borderlands wasn't the first doing it. I mean, it's been a common thing since 2d RPGs.

- Floating numbers
- Powers
- Weapon drops in the world coming in different rarities, sometimes from chests.
- This companions looks like Brick, the character design is not unlike borderlands.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I didn't get any Borderlands vibes but then again Borderlands is great and video games are fun so i have faith.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tei posted:

- Floating numbers
- Powers
- Weapon drops in the world coming in different rarities, sometimes from chests.
- This companions looks like Brick, the character design is not unlike borderlands.

So it's an RPG with characters you say

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ah, a Destiny-like

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CrRoMa posted:

I didn't get any Borderlands vibes but then again Borderlands is great and video games are fun so i have faith.

It looked more like Fallout, but good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah CDPR’s thing seems to be Bethesda games but with actual up-to-date visuals and gameplay

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tei posted:

- Floating numbers
- Powers

Don't get me wrong, Borderlands was a ton of fun but it brought nothing new to the table and Brick is the less revolutionary player character. Tall, muscular dude that punches stuff to death with a berserker rage power...

Floating numbers were present in RPGs ever since the 90's, powers on demand? Deus Ex. The only thing to give it credit is the amount of random weapons in a FPS and then while leveling you replaced them too fast and don't dare to play NG+ since enemies are bullet sponges that will force you into a few useful weapons.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tei posted:

- Floating numbers
- Powers

none of those things except brick are from borderlands and I think you're just flat wrong about that part. he doesn't look like brick and the character design does not look like borderlands

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Manatee Cannon posted:

none of those things except brick are from borderlands and I think you're just flat wrong about that part. he doesn't look like brick and the character design does not look like borderlands

No you see borderlands had neon jackets with high collars therefore

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

It looked more like Fallout, but good.

Being a fallout liker rules

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think I won't have class on thursday so tomorrow begins YaKiwami 2 Week :getin:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is okay.

---

Edit:

Reddit said that Cyberpunk will be a PS4 / PC / XBox One title.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9as6py/cd_projekt_red_confirms_cyberpunk_2077_optimized/

And reddit has never lied to me.

I tried to visit the article itself, but the servers are hammered at the moment.

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 28, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
uhhh holy poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m92n8ptaKA

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

the gently caress is happening in the video game world alately

(its ps4, pc, and switch baby hell yeah)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 28, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Dino Crisis at TGS please capcom.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Coming January 15th, $19.99 USD, 16:9 widescreen, analog stick controls, and newly recorded soundtrack and voice overs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

uhhh holy poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m92n8ptaKA

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

the gently caress is happening in the video game world alately

(its ps4, pc, and switch baby hell yeah)

awww noice

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I'm assuming this is the Xbox version that had the ogre armor area and ogre armor? Great game, but it's gonna feel dated as hell (poo poo, DMC4 feels dated now, and that's at least a PS3 game)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember playing that on the Xbox 1 (the first one) and even at the time it felt kinda stilted. Also gently caress that water puzzle.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

1redflag posted:

I'm assuming this is the Xbox version that had the ogre armor area and ogre armor? Great game, but it's gonna feel dated as hell (poo poo, DMC4 feels dated now, and that's at least a PS3 game)

DMC4 doesn’t feel dated though

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
gently caress that water puzzle man i must have put that game down for 9 months or something being stuck on that.

It wasn't even especially difficult just there was a long run up with unskippable cutscenes

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Omg I thought they'd never pay attention to that franchise again.

Buying it day one.

I must have all the samurai/ninja games.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Andrast posted:

DMC4 doesn’t feel dated though

Lol, yea it does. Nostalgia is a hell of a thing tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Nostalgia for a game that recently had a stellar Special Edition rerelease :thunk: