Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Nyaa posted:

You can.

What? I swear I looked at the wiki and it only listed buying it. Argh!

edit: also thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Quarry teleport is a blessed tool

E. How long does it take for the stuff you sell to merchants to be then sold off? I crashed the wine market and now I can't get a good price for poo poo.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 28, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
How does the Trade Office work exactlyt? I couldn't put anything on the pallets

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You have to make the special workbench it unlocks at the garden, then at that you can make crates of goods that you can then put on the pallets.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
After six hours of play, I decided to check the wiki to see how to do the Inquisitor first quest. Apparently I need three new crafting stations to make ink. There is a lot of game here :allears:

Also, I’ve discovered I’m enjoying the game more if I set a goal and work towards it exclusively for a bit instead of trying to do a bit of everything. You can really make progress that way.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

E. How long does it take for the stuff you sell to merchants to be then sold off? I crashed the wine market and now I can't get a good price for poo poo.
I think there is a small market stock adjustment everyday. Overstock get reduced and under stock get increased until individuals’ base amount is reached.

Edit: i would suggest you keep your wine in a chest and work on selling/working on other stuff during the market recovery period.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 28, 2018

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Aw, man... here I am, 41 hours into GK, and almost at a year of in-game time, and a Yakuza game has to come out. Juggling these 2 games this week in the face of Dragon Quest XI next week, and AC: Odyssey, Fist of the North Star and Red Dead Redemption 2 in October, yeesh. The end of the year is just too jam-packed with games.

I really want to finish Graveyard Keeper, though. I'm so close to unlocking everything and doing everything! I'm sure there's only another 20 hours or so to go...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How DO you set things to the dpad, anyway? Like equipping the danged teleportstone would save me a lot of time.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 28, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Nyaa posted:

I think there is a small market stock adjustment everyday. Overstock get reduced and under stock get increased until individuals’ base amount is reached.

Edit: i would suggest you keep your wine in a chest and work on selling/working on other stuff during the market recovery period.

Yeah I have been stockpiling it, I actually just stopped picking grapes because it wasn't worth the effort. It takes a looong time to adjust.

Fat Samurai posted:

After six hours of play, I decided to check the wiki to see how to do the Inquisitor first quest. Apparently I need three new crafting stations to make ink. There is a lot of game here :allears:

Also, I’ve discovered I’m enjoying the game more if I set a goal and work towards it exclusively for a bit instead of trying to do a bit of everything. You can really make progress that way.

The total lack of urgency makes for a weird game in this sense. There is no hunger, no month-based calendar, no seasons, no nothing. Anything you miss can be grabbed 20 minutes later when the week rolls around again. Even church is not mandatory, after a bit you are rolling in so much faith that it is a moot point except for the donations.

So you end up with a game where you can spend an entire week just making gravestones and it does not affect you at all. No missed opportunities makes for a true sandbox experience, for better or for worse.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 28, 2018

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Ciaphas posted:

How DO you set things to the dpad, anyway? Like equipping the danged teleportstone would save me a lot of time.

In the inventory, press X to equip your food, potions and such.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So NOT the teleportstone. Dang.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How does one unlock Alchemy? I'm killing time until I can just go buy ink at present because I'm completely stuffed by its lack atm.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

How does one unlock Alchemy? I'm killing time until I can just go buy ink at present because I'm completely stuffed by its lack atm.

Go west past the graveyard until you hit a bridge, then rebuild it. This will open a path to a swamp, which is a god-awful design choice that is basically a gigantic spiral with invisible walls. Follow the large, broad path around in circles a few times until you get to the center, where you will find a witch. Talk to her and you will unlock alchemy.

It is honestly the worst design flaw in the game and I hate it, so I didnt spoil text that.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

IIRC you have to go meet the witch in the swamp. Fix the bridge over the river and spiral around the pain in the rear end path through the swamp. It's hard to see and there are some dead end branches, but there is a path to the center where the witch is. Check the wiki to find out what you need to fix the bridge over the swamp and take it with you so you never have to do it again.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The saving grace of that swamp maze is the large amount of poison mushrooms. There should be enough for suicide. :shepspends:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks, got it unlocked. Got all the underground except, presumably, the Dungeon unblocked, too, so I'm chuffed to bits as far as getting around. I'll delve into more Alchemy later.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Alchemy sucks and is basically a wiki fest to figure out what reagents you need and how to get them.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On top of the other things wrong with alchemy I don’t like how the church basement lab is laid out. Half the usable space is down in a hallway you have to walk around to get to.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
what i wouldn't give to carve out a tunnel between exit of wine cellar and morgue

don't make me walk around

and ffs, just lay morgue and alchemy lab areas together so i can have access to both inventories together, i'm real sick of ferrying my autopsy resources five steps to the side to the next rack so i can access them with the right work station

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Reading the reviews from people who are mad about the whole Town Pass/Town situation is hilarious, because my reaction to getting the Town Pass was "god gently caress no the map is too big already I've got too many places to go I can't spend literally a full in-game day traveling here don't make me learn the layout of this place too"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Reading the reviews from people who are mad about the whole Town Pass/Town situation is hilarious, because my reaction to getting the Town Pass was "god gently caress no the map is too big already I've got too many places to go I can't spend literally a full in-game day traveling here don't make me learn the layout of this place too"

The way it's handled is pretty frustrating, in a black comedy kind of way - I was actually excited to see the Town, but nope lightning bolt. Screw you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I thought it was hilarious, but not as hilarious as seeing the OFFICIAL Graveyard Keeper wiki having its entry for The Town as "The Town is an as of yet unimplemented part of the game which will be accessible via the Town Pass."

Just playing through the game you can see that it was never intended for you to go to The Town at any stage.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ghostlight posted:

I thought it was hilarious, but not as hilarious as seeing the OFFICIAL Graveyard Keeper wiki having its entry for The Town as "The Town is an as of yet unimplemented part of the game which will be accessible via the Town Pass."

Just playing through the game you can see that it was never intended for you to go to The Town at any stage.

y e p

It's even more frustrating when you think about how dang nice the Town could be, as an additional source of merchants and Inquistor-related hijinks. But nope. Screw you, says the game.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That might also be the point where some player realize we are immortal

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
So I've already extracted a shitload of parts early on and cremating, is there any particular body part that I need masses of lategame that I should keep extracting? Bone seems useful, and maybe Skin, but the rest don't seem that good and can be found more easily with other source.s

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Xaris posted:

So I've already extracted a shitload of parts early on and cremating, is there any particular body part that I need masses of lategame that I should keep extracting? Bone seems useful, and maybe Skin, but the rest don't seem that good and can be found more easily with other source.s

I like using fat for oil because I never bothered to buy hemp seeds. Skin is always useful though, gotta make those book covers, even with wheat paper.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Blood and Fat are useful, and in my experience are always detrimental to corpse quality anyway. I think all of the others have mundane (and stackable) replacements for their alchemy resources, or more often than not lower the corpse quality (like Skull and Skin) and aren't worth collecting in large amounts beyond what you need for that reason.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

Skin can be made into paper, of which you can always use more. You use a ton when making notes/chapters, can use more for fliers, and can always throw it in the study table to make a bunch of science. Skin's probably the most useful bit.

Bone can be used to make white paint for candles, but I think the bottleneck there is honeycombs more than paint. Take only what you need unless you somehow have your apiary fully built out and harvest from it regularly. Candles are nice but the resources to make them are pretty hefty for a one time consumable. You only really need them to give a one day boost to clear quality checks with the bishop.

Blood is somewhat useless. You need 20 of it for a quest at one point, and it's used in a couple of alchemy recipes, but you won't need as much as it as you'll get if you take it from every corpse. You'll be taking some anyway from any corpse you're raising the quality on for burial, so I wouldn't stress about getting it from every corpse you're burning/dumping.

Fat is moderately useful- you can get oil from it with a vine press, making it a much easier source than hemp. Skulls you'll need a whole pile of for a quest at one point, after which I don't think there's any real use for them.

Flesh is okay. You can sell it after you get the stamp, but they only go for like 50 copper so it's not a huge deal. You'd have to sell like 100 at full price to make back the price for the stamp so I'd definitely try to go for the underground route to get it. Meat dishes largely aren't as good as alcohol like wine or sweets like muffins or cake when it comes to energy restoration. You will need a certain amount for quests though, and more food=more energy, which is always good.

AFAIK the important bits- heart, brain, and intestines- have no use other than grinding them up for alchemy. It's free alchemy bits but I don't think any of the stuff they turn into is particularly rare, and they're a pain in the rear end because they don't stack. Hearts in particular are a pain because you have to do them one at a time in the cube thing with a timer for each one.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Bakanogami posted:

Skin can be made into paper, of which you can always use more. You use a ton when making notes/chapters, can use more for fliers, and can always throw it in the study table to make a bunch of science. Skin's probably the most useful bit.

Bone can be used to make white paint for candles, but I think the bottleneck there is honeycombs more than paint. Take only what you need unless you somehow have your apiary fully built out and harvest from it regularly. Candles are nice but the resources to make them are pretty hefty for a one time consumable. You only really need them to give a one day boost to clear quality checks with the bishop.

Blood is somewhat useless. You need 20 of it for a quest at one point, and it's used in a couple of alchemy recipes, but you won't need as much as it as you'll get if you take it from every corpse. You'll be taking some anyway from any corpse you're raising the quality on for burial, so I wouldn't stress about getting it from every corpse you're burning/dumping.

Fat is moderately useful- you can get oil from it with a vine press, making it a much easier source than hemp. Skulls you'll need a whole pile of for a quest at one point, after which I don't think there's any real use for them.

Flesh is okay. You can sell it after you get the stamp, but they only go for like 50 copper so it's not a huge deal. You'd have to sell like 100 at full price to make back the price for the stamp so I'd definitely try to go for the underground route to get it. Meat dishes largely aren't as good as alcohol like wine or sweets like muffins or cake when it comes to energy restoration. You will need a certain amount for quests though, and more food=more energy, which is always good.

AFAIK the important bits- heart, brain, and intestines- have no use other than grinding them up for alchemy. It's free alchemy bits but I don't think any of the stuff they turn into is particularly rare, and they're a pain in the rear end because they don't stack. Hearts in particular are a pain because you have to do them one at a time in the cube thing with a timer for each one.
Yeah I figured Skin was probably good, but I already have a shitton of Science. I think I'll probably still keep grabbing that

Already did the 20 Blood thing and a bunch of Skulls for the Sacrafice Room decorating, I don't need them anymore do I?

But yeah that was kinda what I was getting at is extracting Hearts/Brains/Intestines are loving obnoxious as poo poo and I hate it and I think the resulting stuff can come from like Maggots or Flowers or something anyways, so there's no real point right? Just making sure I'm not missing something because god drat they are obnoxious as poo poo

Forgot about fat, gently caress Hemp Seeds. I'll keep grabbing that

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

Yeah I figured Skin was probably good, but I already have a shitton of Science. I think I'll probably still keep grabbing that

Already did the 20 Blood thing and a bunch of Skulls for the Sacrafice Room decorating, I don't need them anymore do I?

But yeah that was kinda what I was getting at is extracting Hearts/Brains/Intestines are loving obnoxious as poo poo and I hate it and I think the resulting stuff can come from like Maggots or Flowers or something anyways, so there's no real point right? Just making sure I'm not missing something because god drat they are obnoxious as poo poo

Forgot about fat, gently caress Hemp Seeds. I'll keep grabbing that

If there's a use for skulls outside of the sacrifice room setup I'd like to know. I think they're just dead weight at that point. Blood's used in at least one embalming fluid's production so it has some use. Maybe not enough to take it out of every corpse though.

When in doubt, you can't go wrong taking skin/fat/flesh, and take bone/blood if you feel like it. The rest you can probably ignore unless you're fiddling with corpse quality. And even then in endgame you probably don't need to be gambling with the important bits when you have embalming available instead.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Blood and fat are a guaranteed -1 red +1 white skull for every corpse so always do them for corpses you're burying even if you're just destroying the blood. Brain/heart/intestines are stupid but if the body has a ton of red skulls you might as well gamble and hope you get the -2 red +2 white result from the heart (which i prefer because i dont have to grind it myself despite having a timer) and if you get the poo poo result you can just torch the body at least.

I think flesh/skull/skin all are +1 red and maybe -1 white each. Bone doesnt do poo poo unless its been fixed.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I read that the tech tree nodes that say they reduce the chance of surgical error when removing a thing actually completely eliminate it, so if you have the relevant one there's no downside to removing the blood and fat

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bones are still completely neutral in the latest patch.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Also one way to grind blue points and waste energy to pass time is to craft stone grave fence II and then disassemble them back into a carved stone. You only lose the regular stone so it doesn't even cost iron for chisels.
Uh, so dumb question but how do you actually dissaemble them? I was able to craft them, put them on a grave, and take them off, but they just go back into my inventory. I'm not too interested in farming blues that way per se, but if I've been missing a disassemble item button somewhere then yikes.

I'm pretty bottlenecked on blues right now for the last sets of big tech like jewelry and stuff (and finishing the embalming tree and the big marble bust/fence ), and it's kind of annoying. I've mostly been crafting some stone 2 stuff and glass but it's going slow and since stone 2 doesnt stack it's kind of annoying since I dont even have enough graves to put them on.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The stone cutter table has recipes for disassembling parts.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Aren't skulls +1 red + 1 white? Not sure if they changed that.

Edit: Apparently they did change it and removing the skull is a bad idea.

Embalming does get a little silly - adding 4 white and removing 3 red before extracting organs makes just about any corpse into an absurdly valuable one. I'm going to have to test it, but it might actually be worth removing organs that grant +red and +white skulls once you're at 0 skulls since negative skulls improve grave quality without needing tombstones.

Dirk the Average fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 29, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bakanogami posted:

I'm the opposite, i only extract hearts anymore from the important parts, since i can fire-and-forget them into the distillation cubes. The other parts i have to grind out by hand, and that takes time and energy and a lot of inventory space since i'm likely to do it in one go after having built up a stack ( i spend way too much time just running around already).

So yeah, extract a couple hearts, throw them into the fire real quick, collect the poo poo when you pass by next time.

Embalming is great in theory, but boy howdy, you really need tons of silver and gold to do anything with it. I build an embalming table 2 already but have still never used it due to that.
And since the wiki isn't exactly reliable sometimes: I have never seen the removal of an Important Part granting me white skulls. All it ever does is taking away red/white skulls, or, more likely, granting me some red ones. Can it actually give you white skulls or is that a myth?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Wait, one nugget gives 4 (5 with perk) powder, and each powder yields one reagent that turns into 4 doses of embalming fluid. Definitely doesn't require too much in the way of gold/silver?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've found like 3 gold nuggets total in *checks in-game clock*

203.6 days of play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetetica
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, gold from mining iron is incredibly rare. You do get a few guaranteed deposits in the dungeon but those are one time only. If you care about maximizing your graveyard you are best off saving all your gold nuggets to make injections and buy the jewelry you need finished from the merchant.