Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

He was in Natah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Night10194 posted:

He was in Natah.

:heysexy:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

IMHO they need a quest where you can kill Teshin you can delete the conclave kiosk and automatically get the conclave cosmetics. Anyone that has ranked up in conclave should be locked out of the quest.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So, I just found a Dark Split Sword Riven - apparently it's got a 4/5 disposition and innate Radiation, so I'm going to roll kuva dice a couple of times and hopefully it'll be my new main melee flavor for the forseeable future (now I just have to wait for my second skana to finish cooking, craft the dual skana and whip up enough mutagen masses in time).

Also, I've finally managed to get enough catjuice to start incubating a kavat, but other than that I've got next to no idea how it all works. Whether you get an Adarza or a Smeeta is entirely random, right? I've got my fingers crossed for a Smeeta, to ease the burden of Kuva farming a little bit. If I get unlucky and an Adarza pops up, is my only option to farm up another 10 catjuice and try again?

Also, c'mon DE - let us have multiple pets running around the spaceship. I need this.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You can buy imprints off other players or trade, but I have no idea how it works.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Genetic_Code_Template

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Teshin set up a whole bunch of lore around extracting oro from immortal enemies that couldnt otherwise be harmed except they forgot that bit when the sentients actually showed up

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You can buy imprints off other players or trade, but I have no idea how it works.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Genetic_Code_Template

Basically like you said, you can trade imprints with players, but the rub is that one can only make 2 imprints from a pet, and it takes 2 imprints to guarantee what you want, so the imprints can be expensive.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is this game worth checking out on PS4 if I'm in the mood for a co-op action game? Is there still a community on there?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Is this game worth checking out on PS4 if I'm in the mood for a co-op action game? Is there still a community on there?

The goon clan is a bit quiet (I never got an invite and eventually resorted to pubbie clans instead), but the broader community is certainly active enough to suit your needs, and it’s a fun game that lets you do cool poo poo.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
^^^ What's your PSN ID? Think I got room in Corpus.

Avulsion posted:

Click Actions > Swap Polarity and move that D polarity somewhere more convenient. For best results, build your Atomos for crit and use Gas damage for Star Chart missions and Corrosive for sorties and other high level content.

I spent an hour reading the wiki and testing Gara and Khora's stat sticks in the simulacrum, here are some of my conclusions:

Khora's Whipclaw can crit, apply status effects, and benefits from the combo counter damage multiplier which will climb very quickly as whipping a group of 10 enemies gives you +10 to the combo meter. Dual stat mods, Drifting Contact and Sacrificial Steel + Organ Shatter are all useful. The wiki says Blood Rush is ineffective, but I didn't test it. Whipclaw inherits elemental damage types and procs status effects, so pick something useful (Radiation is best for Bombards, which will be one of the few things you can't one-shot). Whipclaw is an AoE attack centered around where you are aiming, and it hits through walls so modding Khora for range will pay off (melee range mods have no effect). You can clear sorties by spamming this attack and nothing else.

Gara's Shattered Lash can NOT crit, apply status effects, or benefit from the combo counter multiplier. Just stack damage and elemental damage, nothing else matters. In theory, you can use IPS damage mods to boost your damage, but the Lash does 100% Puncture when you tap it and 100% Slash when you hold it, so a +Slash mod would only help the Slash attack and provide no benefit to the Puncture attack. Elemental mods will benefit both attacks, and the attack will do elemental damage (no procs) to anything it hits. The mods on the stat stick will boost the damage from smashing her Mass Vitrify (the glass wall) but the damage type will be converted to 100% Slash (the Wiki is wrong, it doesn't matter if you tap or hold her Lash, the explosion is always Slash damage) with no chance to proc. This can make Gara a pretty decent nuke, since she can hit everything on the map for tens of thousands of damage. If you smash Mass Vitrify while standing outside of it, 50% of the damage from the explosion will get added to Gara's Splinter Storm, as Slash damage. For example, my Mass Vitrify detonates for 34k damage, and adds 17k damage per second to Splinter Storm. You can keep stacking damage into Splinter Storm until you get bored or get nullified, doing over a million DPS to everything within a few meters of you is possible, and hilarious.

Faction Specific Damage mods (Smite Grineer, etc) have no effect on either Whipclaw or Shattered Lash, so -X% Damage to Faction is a good malus for your riven. According to the Wiki, Attack Speed and Range mods also have no effect, so there's no disadvantage to using Spoiled Strike (+100% Damage -20% Speed). The base stats of the stat stick are irrelevant, so just pick anything with a 4 or 5 star riven disposition. If you don't have any rivens to use, get a Skana, Jaw Sword, or Dual Cleavers with the +100% melee damage Syndicate Augment. Despite what the wiki says, these Augments work on both Whipclaw and Shattered Lash.

How much of this also applies to Atlas?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 28, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gara's becoming one of my favourites and I pity my poor teammates who have to put up with all the noise of breaking glass

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
atlas can crit, but it's 5% base chance so it is not worth modding for it. i'm not really sure about status, but you are already stunlocking to death most things you hit with landslide so i'm not sure it matters either way. blood rush doesn't work, but the combo counter does. you just can't see it unless your melee weapon is out. accordingly, naramon is quite good for atlas. still, i don't really rack up very high combo counts with landslide in practice so delving into combo duration isn't exactly mandatory. otherwise, most of that seems to apply to atlas.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

hobbesmaster posted:

The lore behind PVP is that it’s how Tenno train and learn how to use their Warframes before going on the missions Lotus sends you on. So he’s actually pretty important story wise.

You’d only discover this if you wandered into his room at a relay

You probably wouldn't even then

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Teshin is a dax, the orokin slave soldier caste. I don't know how you'd know that without using the wiki.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Arglebargle III posted:

Teshin is a dax, the orokin slave soldier caste. I don't know how you'd know that without using the wiki.

I'm pretty sure he revealed it in the war within. I never read the wiki and I know that he was part of a caste that served the Orokins. But how old is he? Are there like a small population of Dax hanging around in some corner of the galaxy or something? How did he/they survive the Orokin genocide.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought it was a position you could work for. Also you get a huge hat

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Synthbuttrange posted:

I thought it was a position you could work for. Also you get a huge hat

Half the jobs in this universe net you a giant hat. See also: the penis hats the Quills have

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Velveteen posted:

I'm pretty sure he revealed it in the war within. I never read the wiki and I know that he was part of a caste that served the Orokins. But how old is he? Are there like a small population of Dax hanging around in some corner of the galaxy or something? How did he/they survive the Orokin genocide.

The Dax were specifically super soldiers that I imagine were modified in a few ways, so long life isn't unfeasible . There's also references to Dax guys surviving the purge of the Orokin and running around the system afterwards in the codex, so I guess they just weren't overtly targeted by the Tenno :shrug:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Plus after the sacrifice being a dax doesnt mean you cant also be a warframe user :haw:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Plus after the sacrifice being a dax doesnt mean you cant also be a warframe user :haw:

I mean, that's less a case of use and more a state of being

It continues to confuse me that somehow launch warframe turned into something that actually has a vaguely interesting plot.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

fixed that for you

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Psycho Landlord posted:

It continues to confuse me that somehow launch warframe turned into something that actually has a vaguely interesting plot.

I was always sort of tickled at the bits of hints tied in to Dark Sector, but it has gone a much cooler and more interesting direction while I was away.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Teshin set up a whole bunch of lore around extracting oro from immortal enemies that couldnt otherwise be harmed except they forgot that bit when the sentients actually showed up

I thought that it was said that the Sentients explicitly didn't have Oro and that that concept more applied to the high Orokin like Ballas.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
The early parts of the plot annoyed me quite a bit to be honest, because for a while it's way too heavy on the vagueness and obfuscating of information. Whenever you think you are starting to understand what's going on, there is more unclear info and more potential lying from just about everyone (Lotus in particular obviously). Once stuff got a bit more concrete and actually graspable, I enjoyed myself a lot more. Thankfully it's worth trudging through the early quests for that.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The original game was sci-fi, where the game we have now is high fantasy.

On the original game you awake in a universe with a system wide war, the Greener trying to conquer everything before they die has a faction because of accumulation of genetic errors in their clones. At the same time, a mysterious infections is spreading and eating both machines and biological entities. The corpus is just there, as a third faction, trying to conquer the galaxy with their unscrupulous hands.. they directly opposite lotus and the warframes when Alad-V get a interest in chopping warframes.

I think it was a fine setup. SImilar to EVE Online universe (and maybe the Dark Souls universe?). A universe with factions, but not characters.

The game we have now, have proper story, with proper characters. The characters have a background, and a agenda. The history is now character driven, and thats fine, 99.999% of all human stories are character driven... is a better way to get people interested in a story.

We get a lot of focus on the origin of the tenno, we get to know who where the orokin, ... even we get to know the sentients. A lot of questions are answered, more questions about the universe are answered than they are made. A new faction is added (the man in the wall / void) that seems to have his own agenda, but for now align with the tenno one. But the void don't seems friendly at all, more like a corruption force, it seems friendly to us ...

In theory, we have been fighting against oppression and to liberate the galaxy and allow the forces of good to take their place. But at this point is unclear is that what we are achieving here.

Edit:
The only thing that seems we achieve in the game is to perpetuate the stalemate between the factions. One day Lotus send us to fight for the corpus against the greeener, the next day is to help the corpus against the greener.

Tei fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 28, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tei posted:

In theory, we have been fighting against oppression and to liberate the galaxy and allow the forces of good to take their place. But at this point is unclear is that what we are achieving here.

I dunno, seems pretty clear to me.
We're trying to kill all the things all collect all their loot.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tei posted:

The original game was sci-fi, where the game we have now is high fantasy.

On the original game you awake in a universe with a system wide war, the Greener trying to conquer everything before they die has a faction because of accumulation of genetic errors in their clones. At the same time, a mysterious infections is spreading and eating both machines and biological entities. The corpus is just there, as a third faction, trying to conquer the galaxy with their unscrupulous hands.. they directly opposite lotus and the warframes when Alad-V get a interest in chopping warframes.

I think it was a fine setup. SImilar to EVE Online universe (and maybe the Dark Souls universe?). A universe with factions, but not characters.

The game we have now, have proper story, with proper characters. The characters have a background, and a agenda. The history is now character driven, and thats fine, 99.999% of all human stories are character driven... is a better way to get people interested in a story.

We get a lot of focus on the origin of the tenno, we get to know who where the orokin, ... even we get to know the sentients. A lot of questions are answered, more questions about the universe are answered than they are made. A new faction is added (the man in the wall / void) that seems to have his own agenda, but for now align with the tenno one. But the void don't seems friendly at all, more like a corruption force, it seems friendly to us ...

The only thing that seems we achieve in the game is to perpetuate the stalemate between the factions. One day Lotus send us to fight for the corpus against the greeener, the next day is to help the corpus against the greener.

I think it’s more that we’re fighting for the survival of the last free colonies. So the Grineer-Corpus stalemate is good because it keeps them murdering each other rather than people we care about.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I think it’s more that we’re fighting for the survival of the last free colonies. So the Grineer-Corpus stalemate is good because it keeps them murdering each other rather than people we care about.

Could be. But is implied in the game anywhere? maybe in the plains, when we kill greener, but not too much, only "enough" to send a message.

Also, what about the sentients?

They look like infected, but symmetric. They where described like autonomous robots, but the technocyte virus is a lifeform, and the appearance of the sentients is of something alive. The sentients are born, and they grown. If the infected are chaos/asymmetry, the sentient are excessive order/symmetry.

But then you kill a vombalist (or whatever are called) and they turn into ghost mode. So they seems to be spirits of some sort before they are material things.

So they are... computer programs, that they get a ghost-like support because magic?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
No, the tenno are fighting to preserve a "blanace" in which there is perpetual conflict for them to intervene in, because the Tenno are a warrior caste devoid of purpose without war, at least until recent events. Tenno are, for a long time a force of conservative stagnation, but now things might begin to change. Or not.

My favourite part about the setting is that there are no truly good or bad guys around anymore, even the Infestation. We are all the abused orphans of the deathless empire we killed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tei posted:

Could be. But is implied in the game anywhere? maybe in the plains, when we kill greener, but not too much, only "enough" to send a message.

They look like infected, but symmetric. They where described like autonomous robots, but the technocyte virus is a lifeform, and the appearance of the sentients is of something alive. The sentients are born, and they grown. If the infected are chaos/asymmetry, the sentient are excessive order/symmetry.

But then you kill a vombalist (or whatever are called) and they turn into ghost mode. So they seems to be spirits of some sort before they are material things.

So they are... computer programs, that they get a ghost-like support because magic?

I believe it’s mentioned in a few of the quests and civil war events as the reason we’re getting involved in the eternal Grineer-Corpus slapfight. I think The Archwing brings it up as a reason why the Balor Fomorians are a serious problem.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Psion posted:

I mean if you haven't already built out all the zaws yeah this might not be a bad plan. Just stockpile cetus rep.

Just adding to this: Keep in mind Cetus Rep limits per day (which are separate from usual faction standings but reset at the same time daily), and that apparently that the cetus rep gains from quests count towards your allowed rep per day... so if you're doing those quests for Revenant parts you might want to not turn in all your fish until you do some quests to get the max rep out of those. I've been doing some mad fishing and wisp gathering for my 7-day booster. I should also take the opportunity to level some frames but eh.

Also since I've been doing doing amp and quill stuff: gently caress you Greaves for requiring 300 pyro pyrotic alloy per set, or 3000 CRYOTIC :smithicide:

Oh, and these amp arcanes and operator arcanes, what's good?

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Aug 28, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BeAuMaN posted:

Just adding to this: Keep in mind Cetus Rep limits per day (which are separate from usual faction standings but reset at the same time daily), and that apparently that the cetus rep gains from quests count towards your allowed rep per day... so if you're doing those quests for Revenant parts you might want to not turn in all your fish until you do some quests to get the max rep out of those. I've been doing some mad fishing and wisp gathering for my 7-day booster. I should also take the opportunity to level some frames but eh.

Also since I've been doing doing amp and quill stuff: gently caress you Greaves for requiring 300 pyro pyrotic alloy per set, or 3000 CRYOTIC :smithicide:

Oh, and these amp arcanes and operator arcanes, what's good?

Just consider the alloy something to forget about until Void Excavations happen and farm the Cryo while popping relics.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tei posted:

Sacrifice / Natah spoilers:
Machines sent to the Tau system to teraform it for the Orokin. Unfortunately they went rogue and decided (probably for the best) that the Orokin would just gently caress the Tau system up as well.

So they rocked back up to the origin system, and the old war began. It looked like the Orokin were hosed, but then they discovered that the tenno could control Ballas' new warframe-type infested, and also that the powers of the void were deadly to the sentients.

So the orokin won, hunhow hid deep in Uranus, the huge sentient on the plains of eidolon was blown up by the original Gara, the tenno betrayed the orokin, Natah's plan was revealled and the lotus put the tenno to sleep again.

The vomvalysts and the sentients on uranus / lua are just remnants of the sentient army, who are coming back in force with the next big story quest, The New War.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

In addition, and spoilers for the same, the Sentients being harmed by the Void is by the original design, because the Orokin designers who made them wanted to make them very adaptive to be able to do their job in Tau, and therefore risky to have exist, and have a great flaw that could be exploited, it prevented them from coming back from Tau (because apparently the Void is also present in deep space and not just in its own dimension) and would make cleaning them up easy. Of course they adapted to only suffer greatly from it and a force went to kill the Orokin.

What this also means is that there is a solar rail, hidden somewhere, all the way from Sol to Tau and back, so we might get to take a look some day.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What if Natah kept this huge war going by using us as some sort of deep sentient programming so that the origin system was fractured and easy to take over rather than having one strong, in control, faction to fight. SPACE MOM WAS ALWAYS A LIE

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

What this also means is that there is a solar rail, hidden somewhere, all the way from Sol to Tau and back, so we might get to take a look some day.

I'm betting that we will use the Railjacks to go to Tau. The riskiness of the Sentient's existence was largely in that they were true AI, a thing that turned out rather poorly in the past. Like almost Dune levels of bad. It's also implied that only very few Sentients were sent back to Sol to assault the Orokin. Hunhow and Natah, the Sentient that Gara destroyed may or may not have come back at the same time. But all the Sentients we fight prior to the eidolons are fragments of Hunhow, not individual Sentients, as he isn't actually able to birth new ones anymore. They knew the void would make them barren on the trip back, it was in their design. And they knew going through the void was the only way to make it back to Sol in any reasonable amount of time.

What I'm more excited for is possible backstory lore on Lotus, like when she was created and what for. Did she exist before the Sentients planned to come back and attack or was she built and designed for the mission, to infiltrate, meaning she maybe became barren shortly after being born. Stuff like that.

Raptor1033 posted:

What if Natah kept this huge war going by using us as some sort of deep sentient programming so that the origin system was fractured and easy to take over rather than having one strong, in control, faction to fight. SPACE MOM WAS ALWAYS A LIE

Then she failed because our warcrime capacity knows no limit. But that could definitely work depending on how they develop the character.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
People here were raving about the Mara Detron, so I treated myself to it. How should I build it best?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
is there any way to force join an open squad? or say to the game "please don't load this missions unless you have at least one squadmate"?

starting out from zero and trying to clear the planets is super rough, Hijack and Intercept are literally impossible alone (unless you grind to over-level on the content up to that junction that is cut off by a Hijack on Mars I think)

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You can try clicking on the Wait for Other Players after queuing for a mission. Though I find it a bit up and down on how it works.

Or ask for help in clan. Hijack is kind of hell when you first come across it, I'll agree. I don't find interception solo too bad if you capture/go to next point/repeat. But I don't remember what it was like with jsut a Nezha and a Hek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The Mara Detron can be built a few different ways. You want to hit 100% status before multishot first then just stack on damage and multishot. If you can't hit that status, you need three of the 60/60 status/element mods I think, then just stack on damage and like punchthrough and/or fire rate.

When starting a level there is a 'wait for other players' option. The best way to get over hurdles like that is to see if you can upgrade your mods a little bit, this goes a long long way towards improving both survivability and damage output. Some of the mods are rare and it makes sense to have to hunt them down because they're really good. Others you should just be handed when you start the game and they simply aren't. Ask in clan or alliance chat for someone to hook you up with a starter set, tons of us have far more than enough spare mods to just hand them out until you have most or all of the basic necessities. Not that this helps too much with hijack, but pumping out more crowd control can also make a huge difference at any point in the game.