Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Iowa has a 2020 QB commit from Texas named Deuce Hogan and I can't believe he didn't get a UT offer based solely on his ridiculous cowboy name

gently caress!

When will we learn :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State lost Messiah deWeaver as its backup and replaced him with Rocky Lombardi

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
That’s way more on brand.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Michigan State lost Messiah deWeaver as its backup and replaced him with Rocky Lombardi

Lombardi is from Des Moines but I think Iowa was trying to talk him into being a tight end or linebacker

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wake Forest's offensive line calls each other the Beef Boys. Tell me that's not awesome.

Also Deacs, bitch.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Better not have Katy Perry attend any games this year.

i'm the bama Katy Perry cuz dog I am horny as gently caress for the Throwin' Samoan

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I just saw that South Dakota State is ranked #3 in FCS and what the gently caress why does Iowa State keep scheduling top five ranked FCS teams for our opener just because they are the closest schools? Just fly in some poo poo rear end team from Georgia or something.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Life imitates art - Hurts is Matt Saracen and Tua is JD McCoy.

What I'm saying is Tua's dad is going to beat him up in an Applebee's parking lot for talking to girls, Saban will report him to CPS and then Tua will meltdown in a playoff game.

Tua's dad will then get Saban fired even though he's the greatest coach ever and Nick Saban will lead UAB to the promised land.

You heard it here first.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Thoguh posted:

I just saw that South Dakota State is ranked #3 in FCS and what the gently caress why does Iowa State keep scheduling top five ranked FCS teams for our opener just because they are the closest schools? Just fly in some poo poo rear end team from Georgia or something.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I could feasibly see Georgia Tech whoring themselves out as cupcake openers for mid-tier P5 schools

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Looks like teams wised up and nobody scheduled NDSU this year or next. Oregon gets them in 2020 though.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lol. A good post.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MourningView posted:

Lombardi is from Des Moines but I think Iowa was trying to talk him into being a tight end or linebacker

More QBs should listen when Iowa says “hey, have you considered being a TE?” It worked out really well for AJ Derby

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
That kid who transferred out of A&M and accused Jimbo of a whole bunch of violations just got dismissed from Arizona, for some sort of racial reason loosely captured on some sort of phone.

Another day in the soap opera that is college football.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arizona-dismisses-lb-who-accused-texas-a-m-coaching-staff-of-multiple-ncaa-violations/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

Life imitates art - Hurts is Matt Saracen and Tua is JD McCoy.

What I'm saying is Tua's dad is going to beat him up in an Applebee's parking lot for talking to girls, Saban will report him to CPS and then Tua will meltdown in a playoff game.

Tua's dad will then get Saban fired even though he's the greatest coach ever and Nick Saban will lead UAB to the promised land.

You heard it here first.

I’m on season 3 of my rewatch and was thinking the same thing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

They're cheap.

chaoslord posted:

More QBs should listen when Iowa says “hey, have you considered being a TE?” It worked out really well for AJ Derby

They wanted Joel Lanning to be a tight end or linebacker too (and also walk on but still)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 28, 2018

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

iospace posted:

So when is that thread going up...

and will we have something like we had from UTenn this year? :getin:

It goes up when the first coach is actually fired. No one's actually lost their job yet.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Waco easily cementing itself as the worst place in Texas. Which given how poo poo El Paso is, really is a testament to how awful that town and the University in it are.

Baylor really doesn't deserve to be a thing anymore. For a while when it looked like it was just the athletics dept I gave the university as a whole the benefit of the doubt, but at this point nah. That whole thing is dirty top to bottom at all levels.

El Paso is pretty cool dude.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Tua anthem

See the linebackers showing a blitz? I'm passing
And no one knows how far I'll throw
If the safeties cheat up for a pick then I'm laughing
Because I know: I can throw to my go route in the end zone

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gebbia officially granted scholarship release

:smith:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Good for them for giving him a release but Noted Stanford QB Scott Frost getting passive agressive about a player transfering for playing time reasons sure is something

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Good for them for giving him a release but Noted Stanford QB Scott Frost getting passive agressive about a player transfering for playing time reasons sure is something

I stand with Scott.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He got passed on the depth chart by someone on the same eligibility timeline and they're recruiting over him, why should he have to stick around?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Maybe the other quarterback should *checks notes* get better.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Maybe they should pay him if they want him to stand around holding a clipboard for 4 years out of blind loyalty to the school who hired a new coach whose offense he doesn't fit. He's a pro style QB who was recruited by a coach who ran a pro style offense. Frost's offense doesn't really work with a QB who can't run

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 28, 2018

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Shappa posted:

That kid who transferred out of A&M and accused Jimbo of a whole bunch of violations just got dismissed from Arizona, for some sort of racial reason loosely captured on some sort of phone.

Another day in the soap opera that is college football.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/arizona-dismisses-lb-who-accused-texas-a-m-coaching-staff-of-multiple-ncaa-violations/

My hot take is that this kid may be lovely but that also doesn’t mean what he said at A&M didn’t happen too.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I could feasibly see Georgia Tech whoring themselves out as cupcake openers for mid-tier P5 schools
Well they did last year to Tennessee...

GT should have won that game.

edit: goddammit I just looked up Tennessee's season and GT was the only P5 they beat that year.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 28, 2018

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just found out my cousin runs the parody Twitter account @TinyMattRhule, so there’s that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

CannonFodder posted:

Well they did last year to Tennessee...

GT should have won that game.

Last year fuuuuucking sucked because of so many games like that where we pissed away a win in the last minute.

TaQuon Marshall even set a bunch of school and conference records for QB rushing and we still lost that one.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Mark Titus was on Bill Simmons podcast and sounded like the stupidest most naive man on earth when he talked about his alma mater Ohio State. Basically talking about how he still believes that college makes boys into man and how he’s just realizing college sports is about money. Like he literally was saying how maybe in the past five years it’s changed. What. Jesus Christ.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Waco easily cementing itself as the worst place in Texas. Which given how poo poo El Paso is, really is a testament to how awful that town and the University in it are.

Baylor really doesn't deserve to be a thing anymore. For a while when it looked like it was just the athletics dept I gave the university as a whole the benefit of the doubt, but at this point nah. That whole thing is dirty top to bottom at all levels.

I've never been but I hear El Paso is nice.

As far as Waco being the worst place in Texas, my man, have you ever been to the Panhandle?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

Last year fuuuuucking sucked because of so many games like that where we pissed away a win in the last minute.

TaQuon Marshall even set a bunch of school and conference records for QB rushing and we still lost that one.
I KNOW

And even when I look at last year's results, three losses were "Yeah those are really good teams" including two that were in the CFB playoffs, and then Tenn, Virginia, and Duke.

They won against VT and lost to UVA. Shaking my ramblin gamblin head.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Texas Tech is going to either win 3 games or 9

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

Texas Tech is going to either win 3 games or 9

Kliff Kingsbury exists in a simultaneous state of fired and not fired, but we'd change the outcome by watching Texas Tech games, which is why no one watches Texas Tech games.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PostNouveau posted:

Kliff Kingsbury exists in a simultaneous state of fired and not fired, but we'd change the outcome by watching Texas Tech games, which is why no one watches Texas Tech games.

Speak for yourself buddy, I love to watch my handsome Texas boyfriend's squad throw for 600 yards but give up 700.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I've never been but I hear El Paso is nice.

As far as Waco being the worst place in Texas, my man, have you ever been to the Panhandle?

The panhandle is the most depressing poo poo

My god, driving through that area is like reading a moving history book. Really really interesting and also a lot of racist people too

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Anyways, what Maryland team are we getting on the first? Fired up and ready to whoop rear end again because of a scandal/rallying around their fallen comrade? Or deflated and defeated?

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 28, 2018

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

PostNouveau posted:

UT fans should watch Tech games if they want to see what an offense looks like

or a fanbase that actually gets excited

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Mark Titus was on Bill Simmons podcast and sounded like the stupidest most naive man on earth when he talked about his alma mater Ohio State. Basically talking about how he still believes that college makes boys into man and how he’s just realizing college sports is about money. Like he literally was saying how maybe in the past five years it’s changed. What. Jesus Christ.

His college basketball podcast with Tate Frazier is insufferable. Neither of them seem to actually know anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

BrownThunder posted:

UT fans should watch Tech games if they want to see what an offense looks like

or a fanbase that actually gets excited

We don't exist to be excited about the horns my friend

We are merely animated subjects for advertising purposes

• Locked thread