Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I want to say that was a Milan collapse but I think Napoli just really went out there like they should have in the first place? Not happy about throwing away a 2 goal lead but I'm not sure there was much to be done. They were always going to score at least once. Hopefully Gattuso can get it together for the Roma match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sarri said something dumb today

quote:

I prefer the premier league. In Italy it's a war before the match, then its 2-0 and you're done

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Sarri said something dumb today

Lol

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Did something happen that broke Donnarumma? I watched the highlights, both of Zielinski's shots could've been saved. He was late each time.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

mackintosh posted:

Did something happen that broke Donnarumma? I watched the highlights, both of Zielinski's shots could've been saved. He was late each time.

Raiola is constantly putting him at odds with the club and/or supporters, I think the constant circus has made him overthink things and make a lot of mistakes.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Maybe in a midfield three, the deepest midfielder should try to break up play, or make long passes to beat the press, or just not give the ball away all the time. Send Jack to regista school or start practicing the rondo. Rino I'm available

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I feel like during the first half it was almost the plan to give the ball away high up the pitch and to just slow the game down. For big chunks of the game our furthest man forward was still basically in the Napoli final 3rd, weren't even really trying to counter.

I still don't think Biglia is fast enough to be the pivot man in a match like that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Biglia played a part in both of Milan's goals but he also played a part in at least one of Napoli's. He's got to do better defensively.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Can't remember if this has been discussed before, but why are there never any early matches on Sundays to start the season? Is it due to the heat?

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Was listening to podcast On The Continent- someone said La Liga's late kickoff times are for better TV ratings. I'm sure it's the same in Italy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Can't remember if this has been discussed before, but why are there never any early matches on Sundays to start the season? Is it due to the heat?

I think it's just for the beginning of the season. If anything there are more match times this year. I think after the break.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
:eyepop: https://streamja.com/35nE

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I hope CAPTAIN LASAGNA scores today to lead my favorite Serie A team to victory over these losers from Sampdoria.

Question: why does the Sampdoria crest have what appears to be Robin Hood smoking a pipe on it?

Also why is no one at this game? The rainbow colored seats are dope as hell though, I’ve definitely made the right choice to follow Udinese.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Hell yea, Udinese gonna score 10 if these idiots continue to give them that much space

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/1033788089116844034?s=19

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Isn't the Sampdoria logo supposed to be a traditional Genovese sailor?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Fiorentina I love you.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Ronald really is going to get Chiovo relegated

And for that, we thank him

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

Isn't the Sampdoria logo supposed to be a traditional Genovese sailor?

It is yeah, the Zapata celebration from last season is also that.

Good games today. The milenkovic and antenucci goals were sick.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Today was a good day. I got to celebrate my birthday with my grandparents and kids, watch Fiorentina's opener and holy poo poo.

I couldnt watch the whole game so when a waiter in little Italy started asking about the kit I wore today, he explained that it was 6-1. I stopped watching after Tomovic scored because of course he loving did. And to go eat.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

Today was a good day. I got to celebrate my birthday with my grandparents and kids, watch Fiorentina's opener and holy poo poo.

I couldnt watch the whole game so when a waiter in little Italy started asking about the kit I wore today, he explained that it was 6-1. I stopped watching after Tomovic scored because of course he loving did. And to go eat.

Happy birthday!

I stopped paying attention to that game when it was 3-0, then I saw something saying Simeone scored the 6th and I thought it was a joke.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks! I missed a bunch of goals but what a game. Gave me real confidence in this squad.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Big Mario is better than Ronald

https://streamable.com/itzs0

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Simone Poodoin posted:

Big Mario is better than Ronald

https://streamable.com/itzs0

Ronaldo is a... fraud?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

Ronaldo is a... fraud?

He's an unselfish creator of chances for his bros

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Roma sold Strootman to Olympique Marseille.

Naingollan, Allison, Strootman. Would never have thought they'd sell so big this year. FFP?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lmao

https://www.football-italia.net/127217/rimini-make-bitcoin-history

quote:

Serie C side Rimini made history as the first football club in the world to be purchased with bitcoin.

The club earned promotion from Serie D following bankruptcy and are back in the professional divisions this season.

Today it was announced that 25 per cent of the club shares were bought up by Heritage Sports Holdings.

The unique thing about this transfer of funds is that it was paid for via bitcoin, the ‘cryptocurrency’ that can be sent via a peer-to-peer network.

Hope they enjoy their second bankruptcy

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Some more lols can be had by looking at that company's website http://hsh.football/

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Some more lols can be had by looking at that company's website http://hsh.football/

Jesus these guys are all in on bitcoin, one of the teams they own is being paid in it.

Roma just drew 3-3 with Atalanta's b team, and they were lucky to do so as they were down 3-1 after 30 minutes.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Di Francesco needed three stitches in his wrist after he went crazy punching the bench when Roma tied up the match.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Apparently, Zenit is in talks for Marchisio

Would he be useful in a hyper-defensive league?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Alexeythegreat posted:

Apparently, Zenit is in talks for Marchisio

Would he be useful in a hyper-defensive league?

Yeah, I think that would suit him best these days actually

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mandragora is suspended for Udinese's next match after the TV cameras caught him uttering a nice "dio can".

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Gigi Galli posted:

Mandragora is suspended for Udinese's next match after the TV cameras caught him uttering a nice "dio can".

UrbanDictionary tells me that means "good dog"? Is it a racist thing or something?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

camoseven posted:

UrbanDictionary tells me that means "good dog"? Is it a racist thing or something?

It's a blasphemous swear, it means "god dog" literally but it's like saying "jesus loving christ"

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

this video needs posting to get it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHO9h4CnoIQ

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gigi Galli posted:

It's a blasphemous swear, it means "god dog" literally but it's like saying "jesus loving christ"

...would you be suspended for "jesus loving christ" too? Because that seems very 19th century to me

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

oliwan posted:

...would you be suspended for "jesus loving christ" too? Because that seems very 19th century to me

I mean, it is but :italy:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

oliwan posted:

Yes, there's literally a rule against blaspheming, introduced a few years ago. Most Italian swears are blasphemous so really it's just a rule against swearing.

Is it good? No. Is it funny when it happens to someone not on my team? Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Yes, there's literally a rule against blaspheming, introduced a few years ago. Most Italian swears are blasphemous so really it's just a rule against swearing.

Is it good? No. Is it funny when it happens to someone not on my team? Yes.

Dio cane or can? Difference?