Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope this makes it into an admin round playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVo5OHswAw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pacra posted:

A very long time ago, I made it so the captain's space suit gave moderately better run speed. With sealab change I'm sure it's no longer present but I wonder if anyone noticed that it was there.

definitely, I stole it every round and used it as my go-to crime suit

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

EclecticTastes posted:

The Captain does have his own diving suit, it's blue. It doesn't have any special features that I know of, but it's unique.

Oh, it just has a description of Command Suit or something. I thought it was like, the heads got them. It doesn't change color with the NTSO suit reward, though!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I discovered that vampires still burn underwater when you go outside.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

it's holy water, all of it

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Well, sunlight is filtering down from above the water after all.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

That's starlight!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Heartcatch posted:

That's starlight!

Are you implying that vampires are like some sort of reverse-Superman, that are harmed specifically and exclusively by Earth's yellow sun, and that any other star in an analogous position would not have the same effect?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

No, I'm implying that all stars harm vampires.

But also yes.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Heartcatch posted:

No, I'm implying that all stars harm vampires.

But also yes.

But what about star vampires?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Dirk the Average posted:

But what about star vampires?

You mean black holes?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You mean black holes?

No no no, the C'tan

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I really REALLY like the new map, but at the moment the rounds just feel like chaos for chaos' sake.

It's gonna be really fun to play once the novelty wears off.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

monolithburger posted:

I really REALLY like the new map, but at the moment the rounds just feel like chaos for chaos' sake.

Are... are you new to SS13? :confused:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Nope.

Just saying it's just all a bit over the top, even for this game.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

monolithburger posted:

It's gonna be really fun to play once the novelty wears off.

Really? I logged in for the first time to check it out and observed part of the middle of a round.

4-5 people stood around in a bar talking about nothing for the entire time.

Another 4 people stood at desks or machines in different rooms. Once, I saw one of them move across the room to another machine.

1 person gardened.

And for no discernible reason, there was an injured clown wandering the hallways, doing nothing.

This went on for about 25 minutes without any change.

Isn't someone supposed to be trying to kill everyone or eat everyone or blow up the station or something? I feel misled by the OP.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

monolithburger posted:

Nope.

Just saying it's just all a bit over the top, even for this game.

put yourself on a 20 man round of donut 2

also note 2 crew: if you find tires for your sub remember to keep your treads handy as you may get stuck in door ways by drifting too hard, or an rcd

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
All of the Oshan rounds I’ve been part have been chaotic

Chaotically boring

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Top Hats Monthly posted:

All of the Oshan rounds I’ve been part have been chaotic

Chaotically boring

Then you need to learn to make your own fun :colbert:.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That was minor hyperbole, I did have a round where I led a strike against the bridge for increased wages which fell into a riot with tons of people dying.

I do like oshan, it’s just that too many rounds drag 60+ minutes for whatever reason

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I have a hard time finding the tools I need to cause trouble on Oshan. I rolled traitor botanist, and spent most of the round trying to find a network card for my PDA so I could spoof messages. I ended up buying a few detomax cartridges and randomly exploding people’s PDAs. Then a rad storm hit, right before the escape shuttle docked. I was stuck in a maintenance corridor with a janitor and another botanist, so I told them I was a traitor, and ordered a loot crate for us. The janitor ran his floor buffer into the pile of poo poo that came out, and we all exploded.

Another round I was the bartender, and I worked with botany to get ghost chilies so I could make dragons breath. I put out glasses of it, and told everyone that’s what it was. People were still more than willing to drink it. I guess what I’m saying is, sometimes:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I do like oshan, it’s just that too many rounds drag 60+ minutes for whatever reason

that's probably me on spy rounds, grabbing everything i can and eventually moving onto the other spies pdas to collect even more poo poo, because kleptomania

meanwhile the rest of the crew are stuck in the trench or off on telesci

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Has anybody made a video exploring the new base? Also: any cool stuff discovered or will that kind of thing only be added later?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

SnotGrumble posted:

I have a hard time finding the tools I need to cause trouble on Oshan. I rolled traitor botanist, and spent most of the round trying to find a network card for my PDA so I could spoof messages. I ended up buying a few detomax cartridges and randomly exploding people’s PDAs. Then a rad storm hit, right before the escape shuttle docked. I was stuck in a maintenance corridor with a janitor and another botanist, so I told them I was a traitor, and ordered a loot crate for us. The janitor ran his floor buffer into the pile of poo poo that came out, and we all exploded.

Another round I was the bartender, and I worked with botany to get ghost chilies so I could make dragons breath. I put out glasses of it, and told everyone that’s what it was. People were still more than willing to drink it. I guess what I’m saying is, sometimes:

Doesn’t help that if karma exists mine is totally in the toilet or I am VERY unlucky with traitor rolls.

I want to blow something edit: UP!!! or gimmick my plasma gameshow!

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 27, 2018

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Karma is the invisible hand of the admins and most definitely exists.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Karma, like floor cluwnes, DOES NOT EXIST!!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I flooded the station, emagged the borgs, and set the buddies to purge before exploding three times in the shuttle.

Oshan is good.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So is water just the lack of air on this station?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
there's still the same air as before, but now there's water, and lots of it

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Can you install drains in the ocean?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Can you install drains in the ocean?

if you can, either you successfully drain the ocean, or it gets instantly replaced

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive broken fluids by spreading moderate to large (huge) amounts of stuff on the floor. How does the game cope with space being replaced by water?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
So the system for late-joining players arriving had the potentional to set you on fire if there's enough oil on the floor when the human torpedo crashes into the dock, as I found out tonight. Or maybe it was because I was right behind another torpedo and they collided? Either way I exploded into flames.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

So the system for late-joining players arriving had the potentional to set you on fire if there's enough oil on the floor when the human torpedo crashes into the dock, as I found out tonight. Or maybe it was because I was right behind another torpedo and they collided? Either way I exploded into flames.

Better get Oshan OSHA on the case.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Give the inspector a portable flasher that announces the area is unsafe

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I just got the "Oshan" joke. :cripes:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

So now you sea what they did?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Hremsfeld posted:

So now you sea what they did?

To be fair, the pun was unfathomable.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Tombot posted:

Has anybody made a video exploring the new base? Also: any cool stuff discovered or will that kind of thing only be added later?

At a brief glance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwC3kFdmy4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCuZDobgk9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8jBHLjSGr4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

it took me until googling "oshan" after watching the entire unveil trailer to get it