Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

buddhanc posted:

Anyways, what Maryland team are we getting on the first? Fired up and ready to whoop rear end again because of a scandal/rallying around their fallen comrade? Or deflated and defeated?

they went 4-8 and lost to goddamn rutgers. maryland is rear end my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

PostNouveau posted:

Kliff Kingsbury exists in a simultaneous state of fired and not fired, but we'd change the outcome by watching Texas Tech games, which is why no one watches Texas Tech games.

If he's fired he'll be next years saban oc

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Club Trillion" was a funny idea. His writing on "playing" with Greg Oden brought an interesting perspective.

There, that's what Mark Titus has brought to the table. Like so man of these duders, he's famous now for being Mark Titus, not for anything approaching worthwhile insight.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

DJExile posted:

I meant whoop OUR rear end again because that's what they did

Although we got alot better and they got alot worse

And we returned almost everyone and Todd Orlando seems to be a defensive savant post-maryland last year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

We got the only real Maryland that ever played because both their QBs exploded like Mortal Kombat 3 fatalities in the game right after us.

Who knows, maybe Maryland would have been good last year.

BrownThunder posted:

UT fans should watch Tech games if they want to see what an offense looks like

or a fanbase that actually gets excited

I am loving pumped about UT growing it's brand equity next year! Woo look at that Earnings Before Interest and Taxes stat.

buddhanc posted:

The panhandle is the most depressing poo poo

My god, driving through that area is like reading a moving history book. Really really interesting and also a lot of racist people too

It's basically 1935 Oklahoma, except no one is willing to go out to Californee for work.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

"Club Trillion" was a funny idea. His writing on "playing" with Greg Oden brought an interesting perspective.

There, that's what Mark Titus has brought to the table. Like so man of these duders, he's famous now for being Mark Titus, not for anything approaching worthwhile insight.

The pep rally where he responded to fans chanting "one more year" at Oden by grabbing the mic and announcing that he was coming back for his sophomore season was also funny. That's about it though.

I also get the sense that if he'd become internet famous like five years later he'd be a barstool guy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like his most powerful power rankings and the Dick Vitale game

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

gently caress Baylor

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EricCoughlin1/status/1033398565832454145

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ohtsam posted:

If he's fired he'll be next years saban oc

This is 100% true.

Honestly, the biggest reason why most of the Tech fans who are still on board the Kliff train haven't gotten off is because we don't want to see him win a natty as an OC for some other team the year after we fire him.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I wonder how much nominative determinism plays a role in quarterbacks having such amazing names. Like, did this kid's youth football coaches put him at QB instead of another position because they heard that name and went "hell yes" and the skills he's learned and the way he's developed his body since then was just a consequence of that?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pakled posted:

I wonder how much nominative determinism plays a role in quarterbacks having such amazing names. Like, did this kid's youth football coaches put him at QB instead of another position because they heard that name and went "hell yes" and the skills he's learned and the way he's developed his body since then was just a consequence of that?
That or his father Brick played QB at directional State and married the captain of the volleyball team, and Steele and his sister Spike are destined for greatness.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

go fightin' nerds

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

*clears throat*

Bortenschlager

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So the guy who transferred from A&M to Arizona and got kicked off the team is suuuuuuuper racist

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alaois posted:

*clears throat*

Bortenschlager

Yeah it's hard to say what Maryland will be like this year both because of the offseason disaster and their QB situation last year. They looked pretty good before the top 2 got hurt and then horrendous after

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

PostNouveau posted:

I've never been but I hear El Paso is nice.

As far as Waco being the worst place in Texas, my man, have you ever been to the Panhandle?

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

El Paso is pretty cool dude.

I haven't spoken to any Texan who wants to defend El Paso. The Panhandle is dull but Amarillo is like a real town and has seasons. I'll even say driving through it twice recently the windmills are kinda nifty. El Paso is an armpit. It has next to nothing to do in it, the border is gross to look at, and its miserably hot/dry there all the time. Maybe back in the day when it was alright to cross into Mexico it was a better cooler place, but I have been strongly advised don't do that in recent years.

They have some boss Burritos tho at Delicious Mexican Eatery, that's my favorite part of El Paso, but having been there the past 3 years for clinics uhh El Paso is not a cool place.

Waco's biggest attractions are the rape campus and the overpriced HGTV home reno store. That's it. SHIPLAP YOUR WALLS AND GET AN OPEN FLOOR CONCEPT. El Paso is boring and gross to be in, but Waco just needs to finish burning to the ground.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 28, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I can't believe a guy who chose to live in College Station and then chose to move to Arizona would be racist.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

and its miserably hot/dry there all the time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

. Maybe back in the day when it was alright to cross into Mexico it was a better cooler place, but I have been strongly advised don't do that in recent years.

Juarez hasn't been that bad in like 5 years, you're fine

E: actually maybe it got bad again in the last year or so, but as of a couple years ago it was way down from where it was at in the late part of the last decade

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 28, 2018

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

That was some freaky poo poo. Go there in like not January.

Juarez is not a safe place MV. The fact that you can no longer bring a rental car across the border says a lot.

Anyone want to offer some affirmative defense of El Paso?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

General Dog posted:

I can't believe a guy who chose to live in College Station and then chose to move to Arizona would be racist.

Not an empty quote

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
El Paso is a safe town full of nice people and a few bands come through there

That's all I got

Oh, and this

https://twitter.com/UNISWAG/status/1034505611965124608

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

That's all I got

Oh, and this

that logo is so loving good

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This sounds like one of those things that would paradoxically annoy you more
https://twitter.com/JFergusonAU/status/1034517926068584453

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Is green-gloves-man out of a job? :ohdear:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I’ve been a lifelong fan of an SEC team and TV timeouts are almost enough to make me stop watching. They are infuriatingly long. Especially at the stadium. Like, let the product dictate the pace of play, not commercials. gently caress!

wa27 posted:

Is green-gloves-man out of a job? :ohdear:

In the SEC he has a red cap and I’m surprised he hasn’t been shot yet, honestly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Real Name Grover posted:

That's all I got

Oh, and this

Every school should revive their kooky hand-drawn logos from the 1920s.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Ole miss could finally realize their dream of using minstrel show art

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Texas Tech has a fullback named Mason McHorse

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
We're likely starting Dicaprio Bootle at CB, which is a straight-up Key & Peele name

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Texas Tech has a fullback named Mason McHorse

Should’ve gone to SMU smh

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

We have the whitest white guy name

Breckyn Hager

And of course lil'jordan Humphrey

And A guy named Max Cummins

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

buddhanc posted:

We have the whitest white guy name

Breckyn Hager

I dunno man

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

I’ve been a lifelong fan of an SEC team and TV timeouts are almost enough to make me stop watching. They are infuriatingly long. Especially at the stadium. Like, let the product dictate the pace of play, not commercials. gently caress!

In the SEC he has a red cap and I’m surprised he hasn’t been shot yet, honestly.

Red cap man is the most hated ref in America. At least once a game he cancels a play.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Football: "Baseball is boring, watch this."

Also football:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

This is a fake Friday Night Lights School like TMU or Oklahoma Tech

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

wa27 posted:

I dunno man

We also have a lineman named Hunter Miller for that double dual-profession action.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PostNouveau posted:

Even though they don't have a football team anymore, it's sad Denver University dropped their Pioneer mascot, Boone. (Because some pioneers were violent to natives)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

This is a fake Friday Night Lights School like TMU or Oklahoma Tech

It's in the UP. You go there if you want to get as far from your parents as possible while paying in state tuition. Or if you're a hockey player.

• Locked thread