Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Taking brain damage to save time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This has to be in jest right? Why the gently caress is a Canadian of all people supporting Trump?

I'm so lost. God drat it Goose.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

This has to be in jest right? Why the gently caress is a Canadian of all people supporting Trump?

That tweet is a borderline parody, who knows these days.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

I noticed a few Canadian Trump supporters up here. In-person, weirdly enough.

Then the US started attacking Canada with tariffs. There are fewer Canadian Trumpets now.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

fadam posted:

lol what did he do?
Could someone actually answer this?

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
There was a Chase For The Record (runners have three hours to do as many runs as possible and try to beat the WR) event on last night for one of the Mega Man X games (X2 maybe?) that caleb runs. Instead of the usual top four featured runners they went with top eight but only showed four at a time. At the start, caleb wasn’t shown so his chatters threw enough insults and poo poo in the speedgaming chat that it went emote only for a while.

There was a lot of confusion if they were going to swap out runners, commentary said they would but then apparently they weren’t and then they did start swapping people out. Dunno if caleb got any screentime in the end.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The "no right turn" mario kart was pretty great, but if you keep watching through to the pontifex segment, it's really depressing how long it takes people to figure out that triangles are good and squares collapse. And I don't think anyone figured out how cables work either (hold tension but collapse if compressed) :eng99:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

s.i.r.e. posted:

https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php?topic=20748.0

quote:

It is time we MAKE SPEEDRUNNING GREAT AGAIN! Speedrunning just isn't winning anymore. Where are the Streets 1:12s these days? Where are the "SIGLEMICCC!!!" moments we all grew to bond around? This is why I present to you the "Speedruns for Trump" marathon hosted by myself (RWhiteGoose, twitch.tv/rwhitegoose) and /u/TMWTALE (twitch.tv/when_is_glover_).

Our goal for the marathon is to raise the maximum of $2700.00 USD an organization or individual can donate to a candidate's campaign for President of the United States of America. We will forward all proceeds to Donald Trump's campaign for President (and you can do the same right now!: https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donate/)

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

If he’s Canadian, that’s a felony.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Teddybear posted:

If he’s Canadian, that’s a felony.

im sure the canadian police care very much

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
It's not just being a trump republican, it's also being deep into r/samandtolki also
https://imgur.com/WSDjlgc

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

s.i.r.e. posted:

Wait, what's wrong with Ryan White? The same poo poo?
Even before the Trump support stuff, he had a meltdown while running Goldeneye where he started talking about how he was like the cool dude in high school compared to all these speedrun nerds or some other stupid poo poo like that

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr. Stab posted:

It's not just being a trump republican, it's also being deep into r/samandtolki also

haha #women-and-vices what a giant piece of poo poo

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
didn't caleb fail out of school and also rack up like well into the 5 figgies worth of credit card debt? lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Stab posted:

lol jesus

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

iPodschun posted:

Even before the Trump support stuff, he had a meltdown while running Goldeneye where he started talking about how he was like the cool dude in high school compared to all these speedrun nerds or some other stupid poo poo like that

"I'm the jock banging the cheerleader you're masturbating to" is the paraphrase of the quote

I loving love that quote

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Still waiting on the Caleb stuff, but it wouldn't surprise me.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

iospace posted:

He says transphobic stuff on his stream, and I've heard from several first-party sources that he intentionally misgenders trans folks at GDQ and calls them f* to their face?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

iospace posted:

some of what i can glean was mentioned a while ago

KariOhki posted:

There was a Chase For The Record (runners have three hours to do as many runs as possible and try to beat the WR) event on last night for one of the Mega Man X games (X2 maybe?) that caleb runs. Instead of the usual top four featured runners they went with top eight but only showed four at a time. At the start, caleb wasn’t shown so his chatters threw enough insults and poo poo in the speedgaming chat that it went emote only for a while.

There was a lot of confusion if they were going to swap out runners, commentary said they would but then apparently they weren’t and then they did start swapping people out. Dunno if caleb got any screentime in the end.

also if you ever listen to any of the top mmx runners they all seem to loathe caleb, constantly making fun of him if he ever gets brought up. unsurprising, since he seems to be kind of a shithead

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

0x909090cc posted:

He says transphobic stuff on his stream, and I've heard from several first-party sources that he intentionally misgenders trans folks at GDQ and calls them f* to their face?

Ah, ok. I haven't watched his stream in freaking forever (thank gods, in this case).

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

0x909090cc posted:

Jesus christ. How is he not banned?

I'm not really surprised his stupid meathead thing is real and not an act/character he's playing.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Speed runners are just people like u and me, don’t be surprised when one of them is bigoted that’s p normal for people

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Also seeing caleb subs and emotes around twitch usually means whoever is using them is gonna say something lovely eventually (a lot of the time anti-lgbt related). His chat is a toxic hellpit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Boogalo posted:

Also seeing caleb subs and emotes around twitch usually means whoever is using them is gonna say something lovely eventually (a lot of the time anti-lgbt related). His chat is a toxic hellpit.

Any sufficiently large twitch chat is going to turn into one, mind you.

Though not doing anything about it, or at least trying to, is bad.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
caleb is a piece of poo poo and I occasionally goad him into getting mad while streaming when he is reading chat

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Caleb turning into a gorilla is when speedrunning was good

Caleb being a transphobe ... I don’t like speedrunning anymore :(

(Replace Caleb with everybody cuz apparently everyone I used to watch is a poo poo head!!!)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

heeheex2 posted:

Caleb turning into a gorilla is when speedrunning was good

Caleb being a transphobe ... I don’t like speedrunning anymore :(

(Replace Caleb with everybody cuz apparently everyone I used to watch is a poo poo head!!!)

Fuk u 2 buddy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SeXReX posted:

Fuk u 2 buddy

strong avatar post combo here

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Seckswrecks is the only exception

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i randomly wandered into caleb's stream to watch a new ff7 skip and he was misgendering protomagicalgirl and also calling her protodiaperman

he fuckin sucks

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeXReX posted:

"I'm the jock banging the cheerleader you're masturbating to" is the paraphrase of the quote

I loving love that quote

loool That owns.

iospace posted:

Any sufficiently large twitch chat is going to turn into one, mind you.

Twitch.tv, play video games and discover that humanity is a massive pile of worthless poo poo.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJ_LT8bUj0

Summoning Salt is cool.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i randomly wandered into caleb's stream to watch a new ff7 skip and he was misgendering protomagicalgirl and also calling her protodiaperman

he fuckin sucks

lol :thermidor:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

he fuckin sucks

I was bored and found the vod timestamp from a clip. Someone with that name was in his chat and got gifted a sub.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/290774177?t=2h15m50s

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

axeil posted:

I'm not really surprised his stupid meathead thing is real and not an act/character he's playing.

Turns out, everything is real and everybody is the character they're playing.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Boogalo posted:

I was bored and found the vod timestamp from a clip. Someone with that name was in his chat and got gifted a sub.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/290774177?t=2h15m50s

:yikes:

If you wait a few minutes (right after where Sephiroth cuts down Tifa), he writes off the actions of the people in chat as not being his responsibility. Like... okay yeah, you can't govern the lives of people watching you. But when you have a platform like that, you also have the chance to set an example and promote goodwill.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Cyghfer is some MAGA chud? Aw man, that's heartbreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe he's doing it ironiclally.