Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Elderbean posted:

I love it when dudes force back bland and lovely beer because anything else is for effeminate hipsters.

and wine is for females

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
These Are the Laziest States in America, New Study Says

In general, Americans work an average of almost 1,800 hours per year, but not every state has the same level of work ethic. In a new study from personal-finance website WalletHub, metrics such as average workweek hours, employment rate and average leisure time per day were used to determine the hardest-working states in the country. While Alaska took the top spot as the hardest-working state, states in the tri-state area left a bit to be desired. Here are the 26 laziest states in reverse order, according to the study.

Maine had the highest share of workers actually using their vacation time rather than leaving it unused, with only 38% not taking advantage of their days off.

Mississippi had the 5th lowest employment rate and the 4th lowest annual volunteer hours per resident.

Florida was the state with the lowest share of workers who have multiple jobs with only 3.5% of residents pulling double duty.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

There was a bit on John Tesh a few months ago about how more and more men are drinking cheap rosé wine only because they wanted to feel comfortable they were calling it brosé.

God did John Tesh make me angry at so many things I never realized I would be angry about.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

hackbunny posted:

and wine is for females

Wow I reflexively read that as MANGINA

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

It's piss.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hackbunny posted:

and wine is for females

21% abv :eyepop:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

The Bloop posted:

This is now a cursed item in my D&D game

It'd be a very 'Chaotic Evil' way of producing zombies. Grab the peasant, mask the peasant, wait three minutes :black101:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The US used to have a pay toilet industry that collapsed because Americans practiced mass civil disobedience against it in the 70s. Other countries have widespread paid toilets, because they didn't rebel. Just lol if Americans submit to a pay toilet industry again just b/c it's on an app.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Committee_to_End_Pay_Toilets_in_America

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

This graph captures how hosed everything in the US system is.

https://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/

For 150 years before the 1970s, US worker pay increased with their productivity. In the 70s this changed because lol capitalism.

If worker wages had kept pace with productivity as it had historically done, the minimum wage now would be $20/hr instead of the current $7.25/hr. The median household income would be ~$92,000 instead of ~$50,000.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/eddiepepitone/status/1034510685613346816?s=19

:same:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Yeah, like, at most, I got through to three people and it wasn't worth the aggravation. I am god damned terrible at persuasion.

Though I will always fondly recall the guy who had a thousand yard stare when the light bulb went off.

Quick Version: We're machinists and he's assembling brass fixtures for a major manufacturer. Critical parts.

I ask how much we're charging. He says about $50,000 each, sounds proud.

I ask what we'd charge for the parts loose. He guesses about $10,000 per set.

I ask how long it takes to assemble a fixture. He says about 45 minutes.

In a suggestive tone, while laughing a little, I ask how much he's getting paid per hour?

He immediately freezes with this thousand yard stare. After a few seconds, his head droops a bit and he goes back to work without saying a thing. Body language switches to looking defeated.
wealthy people really hate the idea of workers thinking these thoughts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILQepXUhJ98&t=178s

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPrjhrPXkDE

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Love that George Carlin bit 👆

Are they cutting off my head? Or Netflix??

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

por que no los dos

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

mycomancy posted:

I would be all for this product if it had no nose or mouth holes and couldn't be removed once worn.

I mean if you can get the other masks lined up you and your buddies can get in on a pretty fun crime spree. Those would be good for knocking over liquor stores or whatever. Really more crimes should have pop culture masks

Rob a bank as Disney princesses
Arson it up as avengers
Systematically disassemble the bourgeois wearing their own faces
Etc

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-28/trump-pump-priming-is-helping-companies-make-prices-higher-again

quote:

That’s a turn-around from the past decade, when executives often bemoaned their inability to lift prices because of their fear of sacrificing sales. The shift will help them pad profits that are already surging thanks to lower taxes.

It might not be so welcome to workers, who’ve had trouble winning bigger wage gains in spite of unemployment near a multi-decade low. Faster price rises already are eroding what purchasing power they have -- a point that some Democratic opponents of Trump have made as November congressional elections approach.

Average hourly earnings adjusted for inflation fell 0.2 percent in July from a year earlier, notching the weakest reading since 2012.
hahaha

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

MRC48B posted:

The ONLY reason these guys got away with this is because they are skilled labor. Welders, Millwrights, installers. All high-demand work, with a low supply of peeps who can do it.

If they were fast food or retail, they would have gotten stomped.

True. It's the unity threshold. Those guys had enough of a unified front for it to work. Scrub tiers with no skill need more people on board not because there might be just more of them, but because there're more people capable of doing the job.

Any action like this has to beat the scabs before it can beat the bosses

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kazak posted:

Love that George Carlin bit 👆

Are they cutting off my head? Or Netflix??

Netflix and kill

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
On the subject of, "experience required."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1OxkFOK18

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Colonel Cancer posted:

Imagine how nasty their shits must have been and how constipated they were all the time from all that cheese! No wonder they murderered all those people.

No way you eat that diet you will be rocketing on to conquest just based on the jet coming out your rear end. How you think horse archers outmaneuvered the entire world for centuries?

Attila found a rusted rear end sword, said it was Mars's, and drat near made it to the ocean. Temujin pulled the same poo poo. A thousand other randos went the same way. These guys come from nothing, see an opening, and hammer it.

If some hick with a filthy carbine and the right gleam in their eye shows up at the right time poo poo will go nuts.

Anyway

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I am ready to pay 100 dollars for a framed printout of this screenshot.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

No way you eat that diet you will be rocketing on to conquest just based on the jet coming out your rear end. How you think horse archers outmaneuvered the entire world for centuries?

Attila found a rusted rear end sword, said it was Mars's, and drat near made it to the ocean. Temujin pulled the same poo poo. A thousand other randos went the same way. These guys come from nothing, see an opening, and hammer it.

If some hick with a filthy carbine and the right gleam in their eye shows up at the right time poo poo will go nuts.

Anyway

now you, too, can own a more artistic version of that one bors comic!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Imagine how nasty their shits must have been and how constipated they were all the time from all that cheese! No wonder they murderered all those people.

mongol diets were 80% liquid
how they cooked meat until after their conquests was almost exclusively by boiling, because it's fuel efficient. they prized the broth about as much as the meat cuz they would have to dry most of the meat anyhow
and they prized kumiss over cheese or milk or yogurt because it's alcoholic

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

hackbunny posted:

Florida was the state with the lowest share of workers who have multiple jobs with only 3.5% of residents pulling double duty.

This is only true because everyone's second job here is contract work or under the table :v:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

SniperWoreConverse posted:

True. It's the unity threshold. Those guys had enough of a unified front for it to work. Scrub tiers with no skill need more people on board not because there might be just more of them, but because there're more people capable of doing the job.

Any action like this has to beat the scabs before it can beat the bosses

It is acceptable to beat a scab with moderate to high severity

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

hackbunny posted:

These Are the Laziest States in America, New Study Says

In general, Americans work an average of almost 1,800 hours per year, but not every state has the same level of work ethic. In a new study from personal-finance website WalletHub, metrics such as average workweek hours, employment rate and average leisure time per day were used to determine the hardest-working states in the country. While Alaska took the top spot as the hardest-working state, states in the tri-state area left a bit to be desired. Here are the 26 laziest states in reverse order, according to the study.

Maine had the highest share of workers actually using their vacation time rather than leaving it unused, with only 38% not taking advantage of their days off.

Mississippi had the 5th lowest employment rate and the 4th lowest annual volunteer hours per resident.

“Laziest”

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scary! posted:

“Laziest”

My state's not on there, which is motivating me to move to a different state

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sauron in modern day

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Bloop posted:

I assume you are just mad at the issue and not at me as you appear to be?

Because, yeah we seem to be on the same side. Raise minimum wage to $25 right now and also give me a BI

Sorry, didn't mean to make it look directed at you.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Missed opportunity by cutting out the half page subscription sale overlay

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Maybe she's trying to seize the means of production, via family law?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

it's a joke

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Yeah that's a right wing meme.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

God forbid someone post something funny

Elman
Oct 26, 2009