Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

quote:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/louis-ck-returns-to-comedy_us_5b84d605e4b0cf7b002e722c

Louis C.K. made a surprise return to the stage on Sunday night, nearly 10 months after admitting to sexual misconduct against a number of female comedians.

The comic performed unannounced at New York’s Comedy Cellar, a club he was known to frequent in the past, and did a 15-minute set, The New York Times reported. He did not address the scandal which prompted him to “step back” from his career last November.

Despite the scandal, the Times reported this week that Louis C.K. received an ovation when took the stage.

Has it even been a year? :ck5:

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Haha, wow, and it's a standing O that got him in to this mess!

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Did the front few rows have plastic sheets to cover the audience like Gallagher?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nerses IV posted:

:discourse:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
if he didnt come out in a trenchcoat hes not really a comedian

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Haha new york is terrible

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did he make any jokes about it or just pretend it never happened? from what ive read it sounds like he just pretended it never happened

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
you're dam right im back

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Louis CK did nothing wrong.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Looks like jerkey's back on the menu boys

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
He's no longer working from home I see

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Remember that time that every liberal woman in America was humiliated by Hillary Clinton losing the Presidential race to Donald J Trump, so they started demanding that lynch mobs defend their honor like it was 1950 and a black boy had just whistled at them?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
That's awful, who got lynched?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Anne Whateley posted:

David Carradine

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

Remember that time that every liberal woman in America was humiliated by Hillary Clinton losing the Presidential race to Donald J Trump, so they started demanding that lynch mobs defend their honor like it was 1950 and a black boy had just whistled at them?

:eyepoop:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Anne Whateley posted:

Robin Williams

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Dannywilson posted:

David Carradine

luchajones posted:

Robin Williams

I got the masturbator, you got the comedian.... WITH OUR POWERS COMBINED

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Anne Whateley posted:

Anthony Bourdain

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I've had conversations with more than one person who is a-okay with what Louis CK did. A lot of people are just gross and bad. I'm not surprised that he's already trying to make his comeback.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Anthony Bourdain

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

:eyepop:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Anthony Bourdain

he's probably bitching about the food in hell

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm curious if he addressed it or not because it could provide insight into the rationale he's using to justify a public appearance

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Has it even been a year? :ck5:

Ban op for not even reading his own article snippet its like the first sentence in goddamn

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

tetsuo posted:

Louis CK did nothing wrong.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this means he got away with it

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

marijuanamancer posted:

i'm curious if he addressed it or not because it could provide insight into the rationale he's using to justify a public appearance

No.

quote:

He appeared around 11 p.m., said Noam Dworman, the owner of the Cellar, the Greenwich Village club with a long tradition of surprise appearances by famous comedians. Dressed in a black V-neck T-shirt and gray pants, he did a 15-minute set that touched on what Mr. Dworman called “typical Louis C.K. stuff” — racism, waitresses’ tips, parades. “It sounded just like he was trying to work out some new material, almost like any time of the last 10 years he would come in at the beginning of a new act.”

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read that also but I don't really know who wrote that article. Working out some new material could mean anything. "racism, waitress' tips, parades" is an assertion from the author of a huffpo article, not a quote. The owner of that place and Louis C.K. are likely friends anyway, right?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

marijuanamancer posted:

The owner of that place and Louis C.K. are likely friends anyway, right?

It was either he goes on stage or he masturbates in front of the owner.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Masturbating should just be his act now. I think it's legal as long as he doesn't charge for it directly. Just set up a line for a backstage meet and greet after the stand up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
he appeared like a spectre, yet masturbated at no one

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
what the happens to someone when their secret fetish is outed so publicly like this?

does he crave doing it even more now? or does it lose all power over his weiner and he just beats off while watching other people having sex on his computer like a normal person?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

what a jerk

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

im depressed lol posted:

what the happens to someone when their secret fetish is outed so publicly like this?

does he crave doing it even more now? or does it lose all power over his weiner and he just beats off while watching other people having sex on his computer like a normal person?
I think they just have to start paying for it. Like how he paid $10,000 to perform.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Egbert Souse posted:

what a jerkoff

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
The C.K. stands for Cum King

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Nerses IV posted:

This is a primo post. Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
He's a jizz artist or 'cummy bear' if you will.

Probably waited a few days with no action and then busted the magnum opus all over the victim. She probably thought he was kidding when he asked for permission.

• Locked thread