Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Is there anywhere with solutions for how to re-pose the lower, backwards-bending “knee” joint on the Armigers? Posing the upper one is honestly pretty easy, but the lower one is a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Renegade is way cheaper than buying two knights separately.

For ideas/inspiration:
https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/528924103/imperial-knight-titan-buzz-saw-arm?ref=shop_home_active_5
And
https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/541703190/imperial-knight-titan-combat-arm-sets?ref=shop_home_active_4

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Renegade is around $165 on eBay, a naked Knight is around $70. Of course you're missing out on the extra sprue, which goes for around $40 on eBay, plus the terrain. Still cheaper than buying two Knight Gallants.

Comedy option; buy two sets of Renegade and sell the naked knights for $140.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
Oh, I was calculating based on buying new.

However you go about it though, more Gallants=better. Maximum gallantry!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Groetgaffel posted:

Oh, I was calculating based on buying new.

However you go about it though, more Gallants=better. Maximum gallantry!

Concur.

I think what I'll do is survive NOVA and then get started on a project like that. I haven't used my printer since I got the Impulsor to work, so it'll be a fun challenge.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna buy an assassin. Which is the most fun? Seems like Eversor.

I feel like it would work well with my DW and Imperial Fists. Thoughts anyone?

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

Just bought a castellan and some helverins for the same price as the castellan itself on the GeeDub site :hellyeah:

I'm boring and just bought 2 boxes of scouts and the Blood Angels codex. $65 for all of it wasn't bad though.

On the bright side I'm about to be running a combined DA/BA list which i absolutely intend on calling Angels of Death. I need to pick up that old 2e codex to have on me when I run it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Dude. 10/10. Savage as heck.

Do you have Work-In-Progress pics? Or a break down of what the conversions where and how you did them?

Holy guacamole that's good

e: also what's your instagram?

Thanks!

I don't really have many WIP pics, but the parts list is as follows, generally:
- Empire Greatsword bodies
- Skitarii helmets
- Genestealer cult autoguns and arms
- Imperial Guard heavy weapons team backpacks
- grenades, pouches, etc. from whatever kits I had, so Scions, Cadians, Catachans, Marines, whatever
- Heavy weapons carriages are OOP metal Hellblaster Volley Gun carriages
- Autocannons are just on the tripods from the regular heavy weapons kits with the legs cut off

And I'm https://www.instagram.com/crumbsmclumbs/

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Naramyth posted:

My real opinion is that who cares its GK and they need all the help they can get. However stacking is stacking so...

Sanctuary applies in the magic phase. The strat happens in something after that phase (probably).

Literally order of operations. Which does exist in this game because poo poo like the banner "shooting on a 4+" and yanarri are things.

Bizarrely no, you use “Heed the prognosticators” (the strat) at the start of your own turn, so before the Psychic phase, meaning the combo won’t work, as sanctuary applies second.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dumb question and maybe one better asked i another thread, but; I have a massive amount of old (very old in sone cases) 40k armies and I haven't played in a couple of editions, im thinking of possibly selling some of my stuff. What's better, selling unit by unit or the whole army in one go?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Dumb question and maybe one better asked i another thread, but; I have a massive amount of old (very old in sone cases) 40k armies and I haven't played in a couple of editions, im thinking of possibly selling some of my stuff. What's better, selling unit by unit or the whole army in one go?

One go would be preferable because you won't have to post a load of poo poo but it's harder to find a buyer. A lot of stuff I see is "no splits" which quickly turns into "some splits" when a buyer offers to take some larger, more expensive items.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Roller Coast Guard posted:

if you want maximum value, you sell by units. Otherwise you give a bigger discount and sell them in one shot.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

EvilBeard posted:

if you want maximum value, you sell by units. Otherwise you give a bigger discount and sell them in one shot.

I’d recommend selling as lots if you wanna get rid of everything, otherwise vultures will pick out the stuff that’s good this edition and you’ll be stuck with the leftovers and they’ll be hard to shift.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

SRM posted:

And everything I'm bringing to NOVA:

You make my dingle tingle.

If you or Dan are ever near eastern Ontario, all the beer is on me.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I’m going to find it really difficult to not start a small kult of speed army without at least one of each of these new vehicles :argh:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm gonna buy an assassin. Which is the most fun? Seems like Eversor.

I feel like it would work well with my DW and Imperial Fists. Thoughts anyone?

Funny you should ask that, I was using a few of them in my last couple of games. It goes a lil like this...

Vindicare are your snipers. Unfortunately they really aren't that good at their jobs, since the d3 damage won't actually kill most characters you point him at, and the d6 damage happens so rarely you can't rely on it. Maybe over two turns for a weak leader like a Guard Company Commander or a Cryptek or something, but for most of the stuff you really want to assassinate, like a Smash Captain or Shield Captain say, its more like three turns, and that's assuming you don't flat out miss your 2+ to hit, and you can keep your target in LOS, and they don't get locked up in melee with something of yours that can't escape, and they don't kill too much of your stuff during those turns, and someone doesn't waste your Vindy before he makes the kill, and...and...and...

Ultimately, Vindicares are too unreliable, especially as the most expensive Assassins out there.

The Culexius anti-Psyker has fallen from grace. Back when you had to shoot the closest model to get to juicy characters behind them, the "Only get hit on '6's" Culexius would merrily prance in front of Guilliman and refuse to die while Bobby G marched forward to make a hash of your lines. Then came the rules change, specifically because of this model, that say that you can shoot past characters to hit other characters, you just have to shoot any closer non-character units instead of any characters. Which took the Culexius from his brief moment of relevance, and dumped him back on the shelf. While the Culexius remains devilishly hard to kill, his offense is nothing special, and without the ability to screen other characters his lack of a Deep Strike charge ability limits his usefulness. You gotta make that '9' or else he's just flapping in the wind. His anti-Psyker stuff is nice, but very situational. Great against Eldar and Thousand Sons, wasted against Necrons, Tau, Sisters, Knights, Khorne, Custodes, and non-Pointy Soup D.Eldar, maybe useful against everyone else...but maybe not.

The Callidus infiltrator does have a pretty reliable Deep Strike Charge ability, though. Starting 1d6+3" away from your enemy usually means you've got better than a 9" charge, and since she appears during the Movement Phase you can spend a CP on getting a better initial distance in that phase and another to help her make the Charge in the Fight Phase. She's got a gun that shoots Mortal Wounds! I finished off a Knight Gallant that was down to one wound with it, and it was awesome. How many people can say they've assassinated a Knight? Her "Screw with opponent's First Turn CP" ability is really nice...if you can remember to use it, which I didn't. :sigh: Thing is, though, once she gets into melee with her sword, she's decent....but S4 doesn't really cut it against a lot of nasty Warlords, and her five attacks aren't really enough to threaten a large squad. It does occur to me that that three Callys appearing right next to someone critical to your opponent who you've got to kill could actually be quite effective. d3 Mortal Wounds is okay. 3d3 Mortal Wounds is a threat to anyone! Kind of expensive for 240 points, though.

Finally, everyone's favorite murder-machine, the Eversor. With eight attacks on the charge, S5 (important because you can wound Knights and tanks on 5s!) re-rolling Wounds, an Eversor is a threat to damage anything and can usually plow through most ten man (or Sister) infantry squads in a couple of turns. Charge distance on 3d6 means you're statistically likely (with an average roll of 10-11 on three dice) to make a Deep Strike Charge. And if worse comes to worse, he blows up if you kill him in melee! The only one of the three Assassins I ran over the weekend to make his points back, my Eversor killed a Ork Warboss on a bike by punching him a few times then exploding in the guy's face! Voted Most Likely to Inflict Damage by Himself, the award goes to the Eversor! Since he's most likely to do damage, has a great Charge distance, and is the cheapest of all the Assassins, if you're going to run an Assassin, and you're only going to run one, take an Eversor.

If you're gonna run a lot of Assassins, taking Eversors and/or Callidus seems like the way to go. I'm going to try out two Eversors and a Callidus next, though I can see a case for three Eversors (24 attacks on the charge!) or three Callidus (3-9 Mortal Wounds!).

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is good stuff, thanks dude.

I'm probably just gonna take the Eversor at -1 CP and have fun

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Laying out 350 fat mats sucks. NOVA goons coming in tomorrow we need to find a way to contact each other.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m going to find it really difficult to not start a small kult of speed army without at least one of each of these new vehicles :argh:

:same:

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
NOVA crunch time progress, no lightbox.

Lost Sons Chaos Lord on Disc of Tzeentch and Exalted Champion of Tzeentch

---

11 marines left.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

OhDearGodNo posted:

Laying out 350 fat mats sucks. NOVA goons coming in tomorrow we need to find a way to contact each other.

There's a channel on the discord.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jng2058 posted:

Funny you should ask that, I was using a few of them in my last couple of games. It goes a lil like this...

This is great, I've been wanting to grab an assassian for a while but didn't really now which one was worth spending money on as they're fairly expensive. Its too bad the Vindicare is not worth it.

Its like Knights, I want to get one, but A) I don't think i'd actually use it or B) which one is worth getting. Honestly, I prefer the newest ones over the older ones.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
WHO WANTS KISSES

because it's kisses time

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

twistedmentat posted:

This is great, I've been wanting to grab an assassian for a while but didn't really now which one was worth spending money on as they're fairly expensive. Its too bad the Vindicare is not worth it.

Its like Knights, I want to get one, but A) I don't think i'd actually use it or B) which one is worth getting. Honestly, I prefer the newest ones over the older ones.

All the Knights are fine, the Castellan, Gallant and Crusader are the best ones (other people will disagree on the last bit).

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

MasterSlowPoke posted:

drat now I need to download it again

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

OhDearGodNo posted:

drat now I need to download it again

In general, the discord is much more active than the thread these days.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I am old and hate change and even I use the Discord channel.

TheKingsl4yer
Jul 12, 2018

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is there an invite link for the channel?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Yeah it's somewhere, bug SRM in a week to put it in the OP.

Almost out of time, here's my Army August post for my Rainbow Warriors!

Selected units:

Chapter Master Arcus Pluvius

Smallmar Lieutenants

Third Company Captain, wielding Spectrum's Wrath

Primaris Hellblasters and Third Company Standard

Repulsor Photon of Vengeance

Primaris Intercessors

Primaris Inceptors

Primaris Aggressors

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The colors, Duke, the colors

Goddamn MSP, those are beautiful as always. I'm looking forward to seeing them tomorrow!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheKingsl4yer posted:

Is there an invite link for the channel?

https://discord.gg/paxeCEj

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Fantastic. What chapter tactics I wonder

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Finished the other Primary boi from the 8th ed Starter Set yesterday. I wanted to do a headswap with one of the female sequitors heads but turns out none of them were available as bitz so I just went with a different marine head.
Some day I'll put transfers on my guys. Some day.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Broke: rainbows*
Woke: Astraeus

How about an Army August buzzer beater?

Everything posted here will be used at the NOVA Open, starting tomorrow! I am literally giddy with excitement.

*MSP's RainBros are not broke. They are beautiful and I am deeply envious of his Redemptor.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Of all the warhammer armies I've seen, this is by far my favorite.

In other news, finished cleaning and building my Death Company squad and I am enjoying how the chainsword bayonets look on the assembled models. It's kind of a pain to get the fit right on the hands but it's manageable. One slight bummer is that the sculpts of the arms holding bolters are all basically the same, so all of the guys are holding the gun across their chest kind of at rest. I may try to convert one or two into more dynamic poses like with the bayonet raised over his head about to swing downward, but I don't have much experience with that stuff.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 29, 2018

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I really need to take some time and photograph an army but my camera (phone) and lighting (either the sun or fluorescents) are terrible and wash out everything. I’ll probably just keep it simple and photo the 1750pt I’m bringing to a one-day tourney this weekend. It’s mostly a retread of my existing Nids but my GSC won’t be in painted condition for a while.

Speaking of GSC, finally getting around to assembling the Abominant and new Aberrant kits. They’re pretty nifty, although there aren’t too many spare options for them besides some head choices. I need to hunt down a spare Aberrant Hypermorph online to fill out the 4-man Overkill unit from last Edition.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 29, 2018

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

PierreTheMime posted:

I need to hunt down a spare Aberrant Hypermorph online to fill out the 4-man Overkill unit from last Edition.

I do not relish the necessity of this idea.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

drat, such beautiful armies.

(Stares at piles of unpainted plastic and cries.)

I mean, gently caress...

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
My friends and I picked up the kill team set and have been enjoying it. I was thinking of stripping and re-painting my old necron warriors as something other than the boring drybrushed chainmail over black primer I did way back when I got them. Is there a particular stripping agent I should use/one to avoid in order to keep the transparent green rods looking nice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Hmm...