Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

serious gaylord posted:

Aqua Blue sport are folding at the end of the season.

https://twitter.com/Snipercycling/status/1034370481527435265

These teams just need to delete Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

vikingstrike posted:

It did full stage ad free streams for the Tour but not the Vuelta. Kinda sucks.

Yeah this sucks. I wonder how many more people would rather watch motocross at 8/9 am or whatever the gently caress was on instead of the vuelta. That or they only pay so much to broadcast certain segments of cycling?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

The broadcast just gave the top 5 people with numbers in degrees next to them, like “172 degrees” what’s that mean? Is the degree symbol supposed to be current watts?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Ben King wants this stage.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

nwin posted:

The broadcast just gave the top 5 people with numbers in degrees next to them, like “172 degrees” what’s that mean? Is the degree symbol supposed to be current watts?

Probably, though I wasn't aware that ASO races show live wattage.

edit: Oh, that thing. It's their position in the GC

edit2: no wait, it's not

edit3: yes, it actually is, checks out for Rolland

Smirr fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 28, 2018

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Smirr posted:

Probably, though I wasn't aware that ASO races show live wattage.

edit: Oh, that thing. It's their position in the GC

Yeah I didn’t think it was wattage and then I saw the numbers weren’t changing. Thanks!

Edit: what’s the general formula? The peloton can gain about 1km/minute? So maybe they’ll catch King?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

nwin posted:

Yeah I didn’t think it was wattage and then I saw the numbers weren’t changing. Thanks!

Edit: what’s the general formula? The peloton can gain about 1km/minute? So maybe they’ll catch King?

I don't think there's a general formula for mountaintop finishes. For flat stages it's a minute per 10 km. King and Stalnov aren't cooperating very well, though, so I think they're currently blowing at least King's shot at the red jersey.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Ah ok-you’re right I was thinking about flat stages.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Holy poo poo Kwiatkowski is isolated

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Nice finish

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Ben didn't hold onto the red jersey position, but he's at least within striking distance of the leaders. I was hoping that Dimension Data would take the leash off of him to at least go for some KOMs after he was domestique for the Giro. Maybe with a stage win under his belt, Ben will be Dimension Data's best shot for the Vuelta.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

It's the Spanish shorthand equivalent of 172nd. They all end in o.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

goatface posted:

It's the Spanish shorthand equivalent of 172nd. They all end in o.

Is it... orden?

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

kimbo305 posted:

Is it... orden?

ciento setenta segundO

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Primero, segundo, tercero, cuarto etc

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
The o is for omerta.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think Cav has just low key retired

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/45340482?ns_campaign=bbcnews&ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter

quote:

Britain's Mark Cavendish is to take a period of total rest from cycling because of illness.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
You're probably right that poo poo is no joke

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
His contract is up and he’s unsignable, so yeah...whatever.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It was pretty clear from the Tour that Cav's career was over. He's done nothing but crash out or wash out of most events the last couple of years.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Where did this stage go? Flicked it on expecting 20km and its all done

e: and kwiat is out of the red (intentionally it seems)

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 29, 2018

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

They're way ahead of schedule, yeah. Half an hour before the quickest time

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

You're probably right that poo poo is no joke

Give him the superdrug that defeated the parasite in Froome and also gave him GC powers.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Bouhanni copped a 30 second penalty for calling his race director a oval office and punching the car.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Bouhanni copped a 30 second penalty for calling his race director a oval office and punching the car.

That was fake news, apparently, or at least him and Cofidis have been having a bit of a meltdown about it

https://twitter.com/TeamCOFIDIS/status/1035076260853161984

https://twitter.com/BouhanniNacer/status/1035094896066154501

They admit to illegal feeding after he had a heat stroke, but deny everything else. I don't remember where I saw it but there was speculation that the part about punching the car was just an extremely sticky bottle. Calling his race director a oval office probably happened though tbh

e: oh the sticky bottle bit is in his tweet

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
does he win enough to deal with the everything else

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

That was fake news, apparently, or at least him and Cofidis have been having a bit of a meltdown about it

https://twitter.com/TeamCOFIDIS/status/1035076260853161984

https://twitter.com/BouhanniNacer/status/1035094896066154501

They admit to illegal feeding after he had a heat stroke, but deny everything else. I don't remember where I saw it but there was speculation that the part about punching the car was just an extremely sticky bottle. Calling his race director a oval office probably happened though tbh

e: oh the sticky bottle bit is in his tweet

Given his past history I 100% believe the first reports and not their damage control.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Bud Manstrong posted:

does he win enough to deal with the everything else

Btw did you guys know that Bouhanni is rumored to earn 1.9 million € per season?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

What a poo poo place to crash.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao at these dickheads attacking after that bullshit street furniture

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

paddyboat posted:

Lmao at these dickheads attacking after that bullshit street furniture

You say "dickheads", I chant "E-CHE-LONS"

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Smirr posted:

You say "dickheads", I chant "E-CHE-LONS"

I meant it with the utmost affection and respect.

Those were some incredible panic echelons.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Bouhanni lol perfect

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Phwoar, worth every Euro cent

e: holy poo poo those barricades lmao

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Smirr posted:

e: holy poo poo those barricades lmao

https://twitter.com/rushverde/status/1035213057805492224?s=19

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
That's some Trap Adventure 2 poo poo. Just waiting for spikes to come out of the ground and finish off anyone the barricades missed.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I like the gendarme desultorily inspecting another stretch of the barrier while it's already ripped apart behind her.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
yep, it was the bikes

quote:

CyclingTips was one of several media outlets sent an anonymous email purportedly from someone within the team. That email laid much of the blame at equipment partner 3T, saying that the supplied bikes had many mechanical issues, that the promised time trial bikes were never supplied and that the riders were so concerned that they wanted to use other machines in the Tour of Britain. When reached for comment, 3T’s Gerard Vroomen responded that its contract contained no binding delivery date for the time trial bikes and acknowledged the team had struggled with chain drops but did not state the cause.

The anonymous email states that part of the motivation for Aqua Blue’s attempted merger with Sniper Cycling was its desire to rid itself of its sponsor contracts, including the one with 3T. Vroomen counters this claim. “We offered to supply the team with Strada Dues for the Tour of Britain (as they had requested) and in light of the take-over and a bigger bike sponsor being available to them, we offered to end the sponsorship at the end of 2018 without any financial compensation, only the return of the supplied products,” he said.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Always with the crashes at impossibly bad / entertaining spots. 16.7 km from the finish, about 90% of the peloton stuck at some point :discourse:

oh, on a road that's like 2-3 meters wide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

I don't know poo poo about 1x, why does it cause so many chain drops on road bikes?