Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

JcDent posted:

Chris-chan has a mental illness, the wings of something dude seems like he's just an rear end.

Mentally healthy people don't get that wound up over gaming and streaming. And usually have some kind of real-life social outlets.

Just because he's a huge douche doesn't mean he's not also mentally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Puppy Time posted:

Mentally healthy people don't get that wound up over gaming and streaming. And usually have some kind of real-life social outlets.

Just because he's a huge douche doesn't mean he's not also mentally ill.

Huge douche is huge douche. Being mentally ill isn't an excuse, not with so many clinically diagnosed mentally ill people that aren't turning into people like the whiny attention soaks in question.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

5er posted:

I was actually wondering what this exaggerator and liar was up to, a couple days ago, but not so much I'd bother looking. Thanks, I guess.

It amazing cause I can count at least 3 lies in that tweet. I'm just waiting for the melt down after loosing the primary/election.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Son of Man posted:

he'll have to step it up and start making GBS threads himself like that incel who committed suicide

he already did apparently.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wasn't Chris-Chan a big target of the old helldump crowd?

helldump generally stuck to goons, there was a time that internet weirdos like chris chan and ulillillia (peace be upon him) would get posted about but that's bad taste now

chris chan who is now christine chan is the core around which the miserable turd of a website kiwifarms collected, which is basically helldump but for social outcasts finding other social outcasts to laugh at

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

luxury handset posted:

helldump generally stuck to goons, there was a time that internet weirdos like chris chan and ulillillia (peace be upon him) would get posted about but that's bad taste now

chris chan who is now christine chan is the core around which the miserable turd of a website kiwifarms collected, which is basically helldump but for social outcasts finding other social outcasts to laugh at

I'm p sure a good chunk of helldump migrated there. You can find helldumpers somewhere on both sides of most internet shitstorms. Place was not a good influence.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey did ulillillia ever make that move to Florida? I quit Facebook so I don't see his updates anymore.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I can't hate Wings because he is so patently pathetic that I just feel bad for him on a very human level

Now DSP on the other hand

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Hey did ulillillia ever make that move to Florida? I quit Facebook so I don't see his updates anymore.

hell yeah he did, and he successfully transferred his job, he's angling for a promotion, and he's at the beach nearly every god drat day. he's a national treasure

quote:

I went on my first kayaking adventure. Kayak? Yesterday, I bought one as a way for me to experience the open ocean on a more regular basis. Why open ocean? The farther you get out from shore, the clearer (and thus bluer) the water gets, to a certain point... supposedly. With the kayak, I'd be limited to about 5 miles out at the very most but about 3 miles out is my main maximum intent, depending on what I'm comfortable with.

You might be thinking that I wouldn't be able to see shore that far out. I've run the calculations and I very likely can, though it depends on the location. A 50-foot tall object stands atan(50÷2÷15840)*2 or 0.18086° or 10.85146 arcminutes. That's about 1/3 the diamater of the full moon. However, that's not quite right. With distance scales like that, especially for such small objects, you also have to factor in Earth's curvature. Yep, since we live on a ball where each degree is about 69 1/8 miles, being 3 miles means an angular shift of 0.04340888° or 2.604533 arcminutes. So, that object 3 miles away is cut away by at the bottom by about 2.6 arcminutes or about 1/12 the diameter of the full moon at its closest. This, thus, yields a visible angular size of about 8 1/4 arcminutes which is slightly bigger than 1/4 the span of the close full moon. It's visible by a fair bit. Get buildings in the background that distance can certainly increase.

I didn't go very far out on this round. It was meant as a practice round. From looking to the laws of physics, figuring out maneuvering was pretty easy. I think I may have peaked at 6 mph or something, giving it all my go, but I can't say for sure. This is what all I need to do before I really get out to explore with it:

1. Get the process of paddling down, including turning and steering. Gotta have the most basic of maneuvering before really going out! **This task is complete.**

2. Get out of the boat in shallow water and figure out how to get back in. With the intent on swimming in all sorts of areas and ultimately the open ocean, I'd need to be able to get out of the boat and especially get back in. To start, it's best done in shallow water where I can easily touch bottom. Mastering the technique is important. **This task is complete.**

3. Get out of the boat in deep water and figure out how to get back in. The next step beyond shallow water exit and reentry is doing it out where I can't touch the bottom. I couldn't accomplish this goal only because of one thing - the deepest water I could find was that of chest deep. Chest deep nearly a mile out! I'll likely need another location.

4. Figure out an effective way to carry my belongings with. If I'm to bother with longer kayaking runs, I'll need to bring water, sunscreen, and maybe even a snack with, not to mention my keys, phone, and other essentials. I couldn't complete this task as I left my dry bag at home by mistake. Instead, I tried a tub but it's not a good option - it sinks too easy and the lid doesn't really latch on too well.

5. Figure out a way to mount my compass to the kayak. I have a compass, in case I get much farther out than I was anticipating, so I can find my way back. However, I'll need to figure out a way to securely mount it to the kayak itself, something I'm unsure of.

6. Test my endurance for longer distance runs. If I'm to be heading out into open ocean, I'll need to make sure I have the endurance for it. So far, the signs look good on this front. I just need to focus on pacing myself. After all, it's not a race, so I don't need the speed. It's how I swam across a lake 2300 feet to the other side and back (and without any aids like swim fins).

7. Head out a mile from shore and experience semi open ocean swimming. So far, I've swam out a half a mile from shore, using swim fins, but a whole mile is beyond what I'm currently comfortable with for swimming out from shore. I know I'd be able to swim that far out, I'm just not comfortable with doing it, at least until my fitness improves).

8. Head out 2 miles from shore and experience what would otherwise be considered open ocean to me. If things go well with this, I'm all set for the big stuff.

9. Head out 3 miles from shore and experience more adventurous open ocean swimming.

10. If I feel comfortable with it, try going out to 5 miles, using my compass as a guide.

There's a few things I've noticed though. Whenever the wind blows and my kayak is not facing directly into it, it moves at a good speed. I tested this by sitting down in 2-foot deep water holding onto the kayak. I hardly felt much of a push. However, when a lot of the area of the kayak was facing toward the wind, I was getting pulled away at a speed of about 3 inches per second for a roughly 15 mph wind. I can swim faster than that, but still, I'd need to anchor it in such a way so that the wind has less of an impact, using the water to create drag. I noticed that, after I stopped paddling, the boat was still moving, relative to that of things floating on the surface. If I simply rested my paddle in the water, holding onto it, I felt a good bit of drag. Thus, an anchor of sorts that attaches to the kayak and floats in the water to use the water as a drag source to stop drifting would be a good idea for being out in the open ocean.

I'm not exactly sure what items I need with me that are required by law, if any.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I think WOR was one of the first YouTubers I ever watched play video games back when BLOPs 1 just came out. I remember I stopped watching his content when it turned into him whining and raging most of the time.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

luxury handset posted:

hell yeah he did, and he successfully transferred his job, he's angling for a promotion, and he's at the beach nearly every god drat day. he's a national treasure

Ulililia is the goodest and purest internet weirdo. I'm happy for him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I still make a strong contention that his book is a legitimate masterpiece of outsider art ala The Story of the Vivian Girls

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I still make a strong contention that his book is a legitimate masterpiece of outsider art ala The Story of the Vivian Girls

he has two books! legend of the ten elemental masters is a tighter work overall but the secret in the basement is more reflective of adult ulillillia's mindset and values, and is a more ambitious work

this man has published two novels, a video game, gotten a job, moved cross country out of his parents house, and spends all day hanging out on the beach. god bless him and when he drowns himself in the gulf of mexico he will ascend to patron sainthood of internet weirdos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igIEgZydqBM

Mr. Fall Down Terror has issued a correction as of 17:05 on Aug 29, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I havent followed him for years so the fact he has a second book rules

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ullillia's entry on Encyclopedia Dramatica is amazing because it explicitly tells the shitheads that populate that site to leave him alone.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I can't hate Wings because he is so patently pathetic that I just feel bad for him on a very human level

Now DSP on the other hand

I used to feel bad for him too until I saw that interview/debate/whatever he had with Keemstar where he tried to dox Keem at the end of the discussion just to try and look like a tough guy. I'm not shedding any tears over Keem and the guy kind of laughed it off anyway, but the fact that he was willing to stoop that low just to intimidate him was pretty frigging scummy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Macrame_God posted:

I used to feel bad for him too until I saw that interview/debate/whatever he had with Keemstar where he tried to dox Keem at the end of the discussion just to try and look like a tough guy. I'm not shedding any tears over Keem and the guy kind of laughed it off anyway, but the fact that he was willing to stoop that low just to intimidate him was pretty frigging scummy.

I think its the awareness that makes me feel bad

Like, he is a brokebrain piece of poo poo but he is aware of how much he sucks and it just kind of makes him tragic

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think its the awareness that makes me feel bad

Like, he is a brokebrain piece of poo poo but he is aware of how much he sucks and it just kind of makes him tragic

yeah. like i pity him but he is clearly a giant shithead. if he were smart, he would have moved on after his popularity faded a couple years ago. but he knows its all he has got and now he is just a sad old fucker who knows one day he will probably kill himself. also his accent doesn't help his case.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

5er posted:

Huge douche is huge douche. Being mentally ill isn't an excuse, not with so many clinically diagnosed mentally ill people that aren't turning into people like the whiny attention soaks in question.

I mean, I didn't say it was an excuse, just that huge douche and mentally ill aren't mutually exclusive (and often one leads to the other, or at least exacerbates it).

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

https://www.cs.utah.edu/~duongsaa/more_htm/jk_100animeRules.htm

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/BenIsYourHero/status/1034477476611809280

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

You could make an entire career as a psychologist on the fixation of the alt-right with normative masculinity

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Puppy Time posted:

I mean, I didn't say it was an excuse, just that huge douche and mentally ill aren't mutually exclusive (and often one leads to the other, or at least exacerbates it).

I'm sorry if it looked like I was trying to call you out, we're definitely in agreement.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Even the Dramatica article about him is all "hey, he's OK"

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

JcDent posted:

Even the Dramatica article about him is all "hey, he's OK"

To a certain extent it may boil down to him very obviously being so mentally affected by his OCD the notion of discussing culture never manifests with him.

Or in other words he is too busy figuring out if he can go further out in blue water to get involved in social issues, so why would anyone care to troll him?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

evilmiera posted:

To a certain extent it may boil down to him very obviously being so mentally affected by his OCD the notion of discussing culture never manifests with him.

Or in other words he is too busy figuring out if he can go further out in blue water to get involved in social issues, so why would anyone care to troll him?
You cannot troll the ocean, and Ulililia seems well on his way to becoming the ocean.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

evilmiera posted:

for all the weird rear end behavior he talked about when he first came to the attention of the internet he has relatively thick skin and is somewhat troll proof. he never really took the bait and freaked out like other targets of organized harassment. in my estimation it's part just learning to cope from being bullied in school and part of this far midwestern humility which made him not really give a poo poo that people on the internet are dicks. he just quietly blocks you and moves on

because he was a hard target as trolls are concerned, they mostly went away. so he just ticked along making his little videos and talking about whatever he wants to talk about and it turns out he's a nice guy and pretty rad if not clueless and with an insane perspective on the world. the nicest part is that his interactions with internet strangers are largely positive and friendly, and so he ended up with a small fanbase of people who are genuinely interested in what he has to say which helped him grow as an adult and overcome a lot of his fears and quirky behaviors. to the point that now he's basically an independent functioning adult if not still a huge oddball

he used to moan about how his 27 hour sleep cycle made getting a job impossible, until he got a taste of the world and independence and he decided to get the hell over it and get a job so he could move out of his parents house

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
For anyone else working at a Florida Wal-Mart would be a tragedy but for Uli it's like winning nine figures in Powerball.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I love Uli so much he's an actual internet success story almost.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
The most embarassing part of Uli's internet presence is all the times that some goon tried to own him by seeking out nude photos of his sister to post on his facebook

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What goon did that, that's hosed up

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

What goon did that, that's hosed up

I dunno but the rest of the thread rightfully called him a weird rear end in a top hat

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He really is just Charles Murray for the new generation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

how the gently caress do people like this dude. having listened to his "history" lectures. they are loving terrible and he doesn't have charisma.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

How is it possible for someone to look like a child and a child molester at the same time?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im getting a lot of youtube videos screaming that crunchyroll has gone full SJW and is ruined because they made a girl cartoon.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lol there are still tons of people in GBS defending this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

How many of these have they made? Who keeps crapping these out?

:thunk: