Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Is Destiny 2 the quickest non-launch PS+ that a game has went free on PS+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Did you read up on it or are there youtube videos for complete idiots?

A little of both. Lots of good videos on YT about the subject.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The worst thing about that sub story is that it's not even an easy win, you're starting way behind in points and can barely afford to even lose a single hand.

Yeah I gave it my best shot and read all the rules but not only do I not understand the strategy you're at an enormous disadvantage. It's kinda insane that they put such a brutal challenge in there.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Beat Donut County today. What a great game :swoon:

DLC/expansion/sequel can’t come soon enough. That was one of the best little games I’ve ever played. Simple but never dull or lacking charm.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So I found a video store. And could watch ..
Videos...is that just for a joke or am I doing anything?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Seedge posted:

Is Destiny 2 the quickest non-launch PS+ that a game has went free on PS+?

Maybe? Probably some indie stuff has as well. It makes sense though, get the last of the people that might be interested but didn't bite for whatever reason on board and they might buy the expansion while still in that "hey this game is quite enjoyable" haze.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bombadilillo posted:

So I found a video store. And could watch ..
Videos...is that just for a joke or am I doing anything?

Some of the videos you can buy will teach you moves if you watch them. Well I say 'some' but I've found literally one that did so far and I'm only missing one video.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh hey, Destiny 2. I'll play to level up a character and then forget about it. Hell, I launched Destiny 1 a few weeks ago to check if there are still players and to my surprise main city had quite a lot of players running around.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

RareAcumen posted:

This feels like a downgrade. I feel like there's way less detail to the environment, even though they've got water physics now.
My take is that it looks like that to make it easier to visually scan it all while you’re moving at the quicker pace that this seems to be based around. The first game was really slow and methodical; this seems much faster.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

DLC Inc posted:

Is anyone thinking about making a Spider-Man thread? If not I'll make one in the next day or so because I'm hyped as gently caress for it

Please do, I'm trying to avoid the hype but also getting extremely hyped. Trying to decide if I should increase the odds of the game being bad by buying the Digital Deluxe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

^burtle posted:

Please do, I'm trying to avoid the hype but also getting extremely hyped. Trying to decide if I should increase the odds of the game being bad by buying the Digital Deluxe.

I have most of it outlined, just need to gather all the gifs. Review embargo is up Tuesday so I'll be able to go gently caress myself quickly if the game is somehow bad

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
More like Destiny Poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Ignore it for now and play up to meeting Komaki, do all his training then fight him, when you win you'll get an item that gives you an instant winning hand in mahjong, use that to beat the sub story.

I hosed around in Sotenbori for so long that I got a Peerless Tile from that somehow. It was probably one of the locker keys. I managed to find like, all but six of them by the time I finally got out of there.

Then I used it and there was fire and I still have no idea what was happening but I won in literally one button press. I think it was Rinchii or Rin or something? Still completely lost.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

haveblue posted:

Another World (formerly Out of This World in the US) is a highly revered and influential adventure game; I have no idea how it plays today but at the time it was really something. The others I've never heard of.

And if people still don't know what game you're talking about :

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got my new TV so now I can post my setup like everyone else did weeks ago:

https://twitter.com/bown/status/1034867280625238016

Still need to put it on the wall and put the consoles below instead of behind, but aaaahhhhh it's so goddamn nice aaaaahhhhhhhh

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Guillermus posted:

Oh hey, Destiny 2. I'll play to level up a character and then forget about it. Hell, I launched Destiny 1 a few weeks ago to check if there are still players and to my surprise main city had quite a lot of players running around.

The Black Ops Effect 1 happened where not long after Destiny 2 came out a lot of people traded it back in to pick up Destiny 1 again.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Escobarbarian posted:

Got my new TV so now I can post my setup like everyone else did weeks ago:

https://twitter.com/bown/status/1034867280625238016

Still need to put it on the wall and put the consoles below instead of behind, but aaaahhhhh it's so goddamn nice aaaaahhhhhhhh

Let's see what's in your entertainment center

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Consoles should be used and not seen. Except the Switch because that makes things kind of awkward.

(By modern standards I have a very small TV.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fix that frame god loving drat I’m angry looking at it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm the [scans image for anything funny] Switch hiding in the darkness

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Akuma posted:

Consoles should be used and not seen. Except the Switch because that makes things kind of awkward.

Counterpoint: Some of the limited edition PS4s, especially the 500M edition, should be seen at all times.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Policenaut posted:

I'm the [scans image for anything funny] Switch hiding in the darkness

You can always tell a Milford console.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Imagine an hdtv on a wall and then a bunch of dusty consoles + spooky occult items + some action figures + random decor all piled on a small entertainment system and there’s my setup. Y’all can’t handle the chaos.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The consoles are behind that middle door and you can't really tell there but it's propped open because, as I learned the other day, the PS4 will flash a bright loving red light if it gets too hot and will constantly interrupt your game with popups :mad:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My TV is on some low shelves I use to hide the condemned gas fire in the living room. The shelves are full of games.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Akuma posted:

The consoles are behind that middle door and you can't really tell there but it's propped open because, as I learned the other day, the PS4 will flash a bright loving red light if it gets too hot and will constantly interrupt your game with popups :mad:

This is why you always put warm electronics in wide open spaces with plenty of airflow and away from other heat sources like vents, heaters, and direct sunlight.

Even with the door propped open you're risking having the console cook itself to death.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Consoles are expensive. Please ventilate them properly!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SettingSun posted:

Consoles are expensive. Please ventilate them properly!

someone post the image of the PS4 with case fans taped to it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What’s a game I can beat before spooderman drops?

note: not extremely long please but I literally have no social life so time isn’t a huge deal

Might just stick to wrapping up Y0 stories and playing some smaller indies but suggestions are always good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kilometers Davis posted:

note: not extremely long please but I literally have no social life so time isn’t a huge deal

Might just stick to wrapping up Y0 stories and playing some smaller indies but suggestions are always good.

Donut County is reportedly around 2 hours

Guacamelee 2 is less than 10

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

Any number of the millions of games you have from PS+ that you never got around to playing; we all have those!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sega Suggests Yakuza 3 Remaster and Spinoff Localization in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Survey

:tem:holy poo poo we might be getting Ishin and Kenzan:tem:

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Destiny 2. For real the main campaign is fun.

Is the ZOE2 demo out yet? That could be cool

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

This is why you always put warm electronics in wide open spaces with plenty of airflow and away from other heat sources like vents, heaters, and direct sunlight.

Even with the door propped open you're risking having the console cook itself to death.

I got a new tv stand from IKEA the other day and while I really like it, I worry about the PS4 because the stand has a back to it. There are holes for wires and such but I worry about the heat that it being put out and kept around in the relatively small space (basically the size of one of the spaces above the tv stand cabinets in Akuma's picture).

Also from that visit to IKEA I'm pretty sure I saw everything in Akuma's picture, including those little chairs in the top-left.

Danaru posted:

:tem:holy poo poo we might be getting Ishin and Kenzan:tem:

This would be amazing.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I have so many video games to play oh my god

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Morpheus posted:

I got a new tv stand from IKEA the other day and while I really like it, I worry about the PS4 because the stand has a back to it. There are holes for wires and such but I worry about the heat that it being put out and kept around in the relatively small space (basically the size of one of the spaces above the tv stand cabinets in Akuma's picture).

Also from that visit to IKEA I'm pretty sure I saw everything in Akuma's picture, including those little chairs in the top-left.

This would be amazing.

USB cpu fans are cheap. Plug them in hidden in back to bring air in and air out. My pro is in a tight space. That quiet fans are louder then the pro gets even on notorious games.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Morpheus posted:

I got a new tv stand from IKEA the other day and while I really like it, I worry about the PS4 because the stand has a back to it.

Just make more holes in it. With a drill, not a hammer. I mean a hammer will work eventually but it's very noisy and slow.
- A Very Impatient Guy with a Hammer but no Immediate Access to a Drill

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Non load-bearing Ikea particle board is not that strong, I cut cable passthroughs in mine with a dremel.

(Depends on which model it is, obviously.)

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

There's no consoles or anything in there, but there's my PS4 behind the TV and the PSVR behind the sofa on the left. Not brought Switch down yet because yeah it needs to be visible.

Digital-only so not a lot of physical games or anything. I'll post another pic when the TV's on the wall and everything is in its right place like some Radiohead poo poo