Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

quote:

[–]uns5dies [score hidden] 15 minutes ago

When I was a teenager I asked my mum if I could plant marijuana in our garden. She refused. Then I said that otherwise I would have no choice than to buy it to dangerous people and that it might be toxic or adulterated. Well, you can replace marijuana for bitcoin and say that if they refuse you'll have to meet someone in person through local bitcoins and they could steal the money from you so they have no choice to help you buy it with your OWN money and send it to the address you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Bitcoin can give you mutant powers.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

i notice that he does not indicate whether this gambit he sprang on his mom worked or not

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

give it time he only asked her this morning

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
you see mother it is only logical that i create a drug empire and murder my enemies

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.

I'm the toxic marijuana sold by totally real-life drug dealers for reasons.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Horrormelon posted:

I'm the toxic marijuana sold by totally real-life drug dealers for reasons.

they might lace it with cooler, better drugs and then sell it at the same price for a loss, for reasons!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
oregano is not a deadly poison tho???

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Whoever wrote that absolutely snorted pixy stix to try to get high, probably multiple times

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

"'Booger sugar' isn't supposed to be literal, you doofus."

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Antlerhill posted:

half a mil is enough to not need a job?

are you planning to die in 10 years?

extrapolating from the last 10 years of price data it's clear he'll be a quadrillionaire by them

i, for one, welcome mammal extinction and the dominance of earth by giant cockroaches

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
pesticides are a real thing with pot, yes

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

Herman Merman posted:

[–]kelvin_condensate -2 points 8 hours ago

You’re an idiot if you think global warming is destroying the planet. Forcing life to adapt is not ‘destroying’ the planet.

Earth got smashed into with a big rear end meteor that was at a million times worse than the worst global warming we will ever see, and we can say with certainty that it was the best thing to happen for life on Earth, from our perspective, otherwise mammals wouldn’t have become so successful.

Hence, we are here because the planet was ‘destroyed,’ at least according to your logic.

I just hope you were being sarcastic.

Previous catastrophes sort of lead to humans existing, and obviously we like that, so why wouldn't we like being wiped out for some future species?

I like how climate change denial is slowly morphing into "Yes, climate change is real and catastrophic, but who cares?".

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I have no issue with wanting to wipe out this garbage clown species, but why would you choose the slowest, most miserable path to extinction?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

KnifeWrench posted:

I have no issue with wanting to wipe out this garbage clown species, but why would you choose the slowest, most miserable path to extinction?

we tried going quicker from about 1938 onwards, but it turns out that most people don't want to be bathed in the purifying heat of a nuclear firestorm, go figure

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

KnifeWrench posted:

don't worry, i'm sure most of us will die in the world war that erupts over claim to the few remaining habitable territories

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol we are totally gonna do the thing from that William Gibson novel anyway. 80% of the population dies off but the 20% who survive live in techno luxury.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
re: businesses taking bitcoin->payment processor->fiat won't suddenly make consumers rush out to buy bitcoins

quote:

slvbtc 3 points 4 hours ago*

This is true and great for us hodlers but wont make nocoiners become believers.

That is until I take my friends out for dinner and pay with square using my btc and they sit there mind blown and think "hey i wanna do that too". In much the same way as visiting your friends house in 1999 and watching them download a song for free onto their computer while you were still buying CDs from a music store and thinking I wanna do that too.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
lol if you don't think we are all but fodder to the blessed teeth of satoshi's maw

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

...! posted:

re: businesses taking bitcoin->payment processor->fiat won't suddenly make consumers rush out to buy bitcoins

electronic..... PAYMENT!?!?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

step 1: find a restaurant that accepts bitcoin
step 2: find friends
step 3: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Weatherman posted:

lol if you don't think we are all but fodder to the blessed teeth of satoshi's maw

more like butt foddder

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sedge and Bee posted:

electronic..... PAYMENT!?!?

yeah, but not like that credit card crap where you tap your card on the reader and then get up and leave. we're talking real electronic payment here, where it takes half an hour for the waitstaff to figure out how to make the ipad display the right address and then there's another half-hour wait to get enough confirmations. your friends won't be able to believe their eyes.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what you do is confuse the staff with the bit-coin to create an opening to run away without paying

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Soricidus posted:

yeah, but not like that credit card crap where you tap your card on the reader and then get up and leave. we're talking real electronic payment here, where it takes half an hour for the waitstaff to figure out how to make the ipad display the right address and then there's another half-hour wait to get enough confirmations. your friends won't be able to believe their eyes.

"oh you want a tip too? well i'm not going to do it through the same system, after all how do i know the tip goes to you and not the business, and really you should be accepting bitcoin personally and also demanding to be paid in it as well." [wait staff begrudgingly sets up a wallet] "ah good, here's your tip" [sends penny shavings]

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Soricidus posted:

*waits for 6 confirmations, goggle-eyed and silent the whole time* Woah! What just happened here?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they say that in the time it takes to confirm one bitcoin transaction satoshi's teeth grow by a full kilometre

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

quote:

[–]PaedophobeKarma CC: 259 BTC: 1381 20 points 12 hours ago
We know the definition. But what dapp needs censorship resistance and truslessness besides money?

[–]ricking06Negative | 10765 karma | Karma CC: 648 ETH: 511 -24 points 10 hours ago
Sex. Let's say you wanna have sex. You have sex you sign consent through a dapp you can't be accused of rapey rapey.

they really are in love with this idea

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
how often are bitcoiners accused of rape that 'consent on the blockchain' is a huge selling point

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
you know someone's a thoroughly decent human being when they have a cutesy nickname for rape. i guess at least his comment is unpopular

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

that's not even how consent works, which is not surprising for bitcoiners but still

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Djeser posted:

that's not even how ________works, which is not surprising for bitcoiners but still

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

hah, you didn't read the fine print, so now I get anal

consent is on the blockchain, no takebacks

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

An immutable ledger for insufferable lechers.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
i'm in a social situation where i have to be kind to a guy wearing a t-shirt that says "hodl". satoshi please give me the strength of your infinite arms.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Gobbeldygook posted:

i'm in a social situation where i have to be kind to a guy wearing a t-shirt that says "hodl". satoshi please give me the strength of your infinite arms.

may his infinitely growing teeth form an impenetrable shield around your soul

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Boxturret posted:

they really are in love with this idea

i wonder if blockchain technology can be used to avoid being accused of negative rape.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Magrov posted:

i wonder if blockchain technology can be used to avoid being accused of negative rape.

i've heard bitcoiners say that the blockchain is good because you can't have negative values which means debt is impossible

so no, you can't store negative rape on the blockchain

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

then we will just have to start off with everyone having a set number of tokens and you gain or lose them based on your behaviour!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Hammerite posted:

you know someone's a thoroughly decent human being when they have a cutesy nickname for rape. i guess at least his comment is unpopular

sowwy, looks wike i did a widdle rapey-rapey fucky-wucky uwu

Sedge and Bee posted:

hah, you didn't read the fine print, so now I get anal

consent is on the blockchain, no takebacks

what, you thought "ianal" meant i am not a lawyer? :smug:

• Locked thread