Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i did meet one croatian biologist i felt had a dangerously overly personal connection with the wolves he managed, but as far as i know he's still alive

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

this broken hill posted:

i've never heard of these and i'm instantly in love

I had kind of assumed you had already spent a significant portion of your life in coober pedy.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
In Croatia, stomach of wolf is pension plan.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

im going backpacking in olympic national park next week. if i see a bear i will take a picture for you avs

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

well dang i must have driven past this place a dozen times running errands to fresno and this is the first i've heard of it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well dang i must have driven past this place a dozen times running errands to fresno and this is the first i've heard of it

It’s pretty cool, worth a visit if you already swing through Fresno often enough.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

I like how with the benefit of hindsight and the fossil record we can call it a “short-nosed bear” as opposed to the humans who saw it in the flesh, who probably called it “holy gently caress that thing is huge oh god it’s eating my-“

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
just got squeaked at by a peepbat

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Rogue 7 posted:

I like how with the benefit of hindsight and the fossil record we can call it a “short-nosed bear” as opposed to the humans who saw it in the flesh, who probably called it “holy gently caress that thing is huge oh god it’s eating my-“

Yeah, I love how it buries the lede. Could have called it the "loving huge terrifying bear" but nope.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Rogue 7 posted:

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 29, 2018

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
so today the army released its sheet of what mos's officers are eligible to switch out of and switch to. the army is allowing people to leave military intelligence if they want and army space operations is accepting applicants from my fiscal year group.

i'm gonna apply

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
:stat: more like taking up space operations :wal:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Suck it, bear, you're all dead and we're not. Point humans.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

today was the first day i saw a picture of andrew cuomo

my man look like a racist caricature of a new yorker, drat

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

today was the first day i saw a picture of andrew cuomo

Goondolences.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
the only conflicting thing was today was the breaking point in how much i loving hate my unit and i officially decided im going to career course in october which means i start clearing in like, next week.

my new shithead boss chewing out the entire staff over a lovely powerpoint was the last straw in a long multitude of things under the new management i loving despise that finally put me over the edge

if i end up getting space force i might have to move to some limbo holding area for a few months but whatever gets me out of here gently caress

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 30, 2018

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

drilldo squirt posted:

Suck it, bear, you're all dead and we're not. Point humans.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

this broken hill posted:

just got squeaked at by a peepbat

don’t get rabies

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

There is a good chance polar bears will go extinct in our lifetime due to climate change :smith:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Homura and Sickle posted:

the only conflicting thing was today was the breaking point in how much i loving hate my unit and i officially decided im going to career course in october which means i start clearing in like, next week.

my new shithead boss chewing out the entire staff over a lovely powerpoint was the last straw in a long multitude of things under the new management i loving despise that finally put me over the edge

if i end up getting space force i might have to move to some limbo holding area for a few months but whatever gets me out of here gently caress

if you join and you find out it's a front for elon musk to enact a global takeover wink twice to warn us

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
furnaceface, i see that you're watching konosuba

congratulations on giving in to the dark side, you're megumin dakimaura is in the mail

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

furnaceface, i see that you're watching konosuba

congratulations on giving in to the dark side, you're megumin dakimaura is in the mail

Honestly this might be one of the best shows Ive ever watched, which is weird when you realize every character is some varying degree of rear end in a top hat.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's the very fact that they're all unrepentantly bad or broken people that makes the show great

well all of them except yunyun. poor, poor yunyun

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
what really benefits the show and why it's vastly superior to the light novels is some of the best voice acting i've ever seen in a show

i really can't give them enough praise. you read the exact same jokes on the page and they're average at best, but the voice acting manages to make it one of the funniest things i've ever watched

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The animation is really odd too. It looks sub par at best in stills and screenshots but it instead somehow adds to the charm, especially the facial expressions.

Wiz is a saint.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1033738391433764864

problematic fave indeed

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
That's what you get for being around a person who can't even clean the chicken sacrifice shine that's like 5 feet from her bed and whatever the gently caress is up with grimes.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
All these people who bitch and moan about left wing antisemitism would have a lot more credibility if they gave a single gently caress when Israel bombs schools in Gaza.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Volkerball posted:

All these people who bitch and moan about left wing antisemitism would have a lot more credibility if they gave a single gently caress when Israel bombs schools in Gaza.

further complicating it is probably the also actual anti semitism

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Volkerball posted:

or if 90% of their complaints weren’t just them being mad someone criticized Israel

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
getting 5 more sick days per year and $650 :mrgw:

unions own

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exmarx posted:

unions own

lol if you are not getting unlimited sick days

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

unions own

yeah gov worker unions you fraud

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

of course AFSCME in the vox perspective is the most effective union but is it the best union we could ask for (in hellworld unfortunately yes they'll sell you out still too)

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
my yard is in a state of meticulously controlled chaos

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i don't think we really have any right-wing unions (except for the pig & corrections unions obviously)

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
edit: rear end

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

i don't think we really have any right-wing unions (except for the pig & corrections unions obviously)

oh theyre all left ish except for the pig & corrections unions but what that amounts to is anyones guess

our state (Arizona!) has seen teacher strikes occur in the past year but how it goes forward who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
we've had nurse and teacher strikes in the past few months too, which interestingly are mostly a reaction to the new government being not making things better fast enough

this broken hill posted:

edit: rear end

nice try, i saw your sincerity

• Locked thread