Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Talking is taking time away from looking at ACT and getting pissed that one guy only hit like 70 buttons during an entire dungeon for some reason.

What are you doing guy

Why did you go through all the trouble of launching the game and logging in and queuing for a dungeon to not play

How could you spend almost all of the time not doing anything and not be bored out of your mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I'm a pretty new, mediocre DPS and I've already got around 200 comms barely saying anything but I do have a hotbar dedicated to emotes and lighting off random fireworks during combos. People like having fun while playing videogames apparently!

I am also an attractive catgirl

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah I've gotten a bunch as a newb dragoon, I think it is because I dragonsight the other dps whenever i can. However we did have a great run with no wipes the other day, very efficient, and at the end the tank launched some 10 line macro of a chocobo or something holding a sign that said GIT GUD. We did good :mad:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
My comms always go to good dps first, gotta support my brethren out there. Also if someone messes up and apologizes saying 'no problem, it happens' guarantees you at least one comm ime

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
naming my character seymour butz probably accounts for like 90% of my commends

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

My comms go to, in order of preference: whoever did something I found extremely amusing, then for good play, then to one of the DPS's as long as at least one of the was not a gently caress up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

g0lbez posted:

I hate when people are silent the entire run and then beeline for the exit the instant it's over like drat dudes at least let me spray some celebration booze first

Edgelords get no commendations from me. :colbert:

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

g0lbez posted:

I hate when people are silent the entire run and then beeline for the exit the instant it's over like drat dudes at least let me spray some celebration booze first

I'd run away as fast as possible from the strangers murdering dozens of things in total silence, myself.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
As a healer I keep everyone alive and do damage when I can.
As a dps I goad the tank on occasion & make an effort to do optimal damage.
As a tank I keep emnity, group up the enemies and keep them still.
As a player I'm polite, encouraging, and understanding.

I'm not on your server & I don't play in your timezone.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't know about you but I break into a /yoldance if I'm in an instance and I have to wait more than five seconds for anything.

Ytlaya posted:

Why is there crystal music playing in Limsa Lominsa?

I think this got missed - it's event music for the Rising.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, whenever you go by the Adventurer's Guild during a Seasonal Event, the town BGM is overridden by whatever the theme for the event is.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I run ACT during dungeons just so that my comms can go to whoever did the best dps. If all 3/7 are poo poo then I drop the comm on the ground

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Marketboard is interaction enough imo

Giving everyone the middle finger, 1 gil undercut at a time.

E:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Edgelords get no commendations from me. :colbert:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Cut my life into pieces, this is my (| Last Resort |)

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

DizzyBum posted:

Cut my life into pieces, this is my (| Last Resort |)

Gotta love this FFXI classic:

/p I call forth, the divine powers of Alanta <call0>
/wait 1
/em begins to lift the rock from the ground with his power.
/wait 1
/p YESSSSSSSSSSS I FEEL THE BOOOST OF POWAR!<call1>
/wait 1
/shout CAN YOU FEEL IT VANADEIL? THIS IS TRUE POWER!
/wait 1
/p GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH<Call2>
/wait 1
/p <Call17>Current power stats:
/wait 1
/em power bar [|||||| ] 30%
/wait 1
/em power bar [||||||||||||||||| ] 65%
/wait 1
/em power bar [||||||||||||||||||||||| ] 100%
/wait 1
/p NOW GATHER AROUND MY BROTHERANS
/wait1
/p HERE I GO
/wait
/p BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU<Call3>
/wait 1
/ja "Boost" <me>
/p MY NEXT ATTACK WILL NOW DO MORE DMG<Call1>
/wait 1
/em power begins to fade
/wait 1
/em power bar [|||||||||||||||||| ] 75%
/wait 1
/em power bar [|||||||||]40%
/wait 1
/em power bar []0%
/p I tried my best, tell me..
/wait 1
/p will i dream <Call10>
/wait 10
/p BOOST MACRO READY
/wait 1
/echo BOOST MACRO READY

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I wonder if he got mad when he learned that Construct 7 stole his attack name.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Valle posted:

Gotta love this FFXI classic:

/p I call forth, the divine powers of Alanta <call0>
/wait 1
/em begins to lift the rock from the ground with his power.
/wait 1
/p YESSSSSSSSSSS I FEEL THE BOOOST OF POWAR!<call1>
/wait 1
/shout CAN YOU FEEL IT VANADEIL? THIS IS TRUE POWER!
/wait 1
/p GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH<Call2>
/wait 1
/p <Call17>Current power stats:
/wait 1
/em power bar [|||||| ] 30%
/wait 1
/em power bar [||||||||||||||||| ] 65%
/wait 1
/em power bar [||||||||||||||||||||||| ] 100%
/wait 1
/p NOW GATHER AROUND MY BROTHERANS
/wait1
/p HERE I GO
/wait
/p BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU<Call3>
/wait 1
/ja "Boost" <me>
/p MY NEXT ATTACK WILL NOW DO MORE DMG<Call1>
/wait 1
/em power begins to fade
/wait 1
/em power bar [|||||||||||||||||| ] 75%
/wait 1
/em power bar [|||||||||]40%
/wait 1
/em power bar []0%
/p I tried my best, tell me..
/wait 1
/p will i dream <Call10>
/wait 10
/p BOOST MACRO READY
/wait 1
/echo BOOST MACRO READY

:shepface: what the gently caress

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

:shepface: what the gently caress

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't tell if I'm looking at an ironic macro or a genuine macro, and that scares me.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
All hail the Pizza Boost, and its many brothers.

e: lol mijin gakure

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

DizzyBum posted:

I don't know about you but I break into a /yoldance if I'm in an instance and I have to wait more than five seconds for anything.

Same, but Manderville. Can't beat the classics.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I do /pushups if we end up parking in front of a boss for no good reason.

My catgirl gets more exercise than I do.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Anyone played that Brave Exvius game on mobile?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Safeword posted:

Anyone played that Brave Exvius game on mobile?
It's bad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's the one with 0 Ariana Grandes in it right? Shameful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saint Freak posted:

It's the one with 0 Ariana Grandes in it right? Shameful.

No, it's the one with 1 (one) Ariana Grandes in it.

It's still a poo poo game, even by mobage standards.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Chakan posted:

As a healer I keep everyone alive and do damage when I can.

Doing it wrong, IMO

E: To flesh this out a bit so it isn't just trolling...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yoq1zU2VgMJQ53PaJHaUtwA3S2aSz1C69qkLDaOmZY8/edit?usp=drivesdk posted:

The point of healing the party is that we need them to deal damage in order to kill the boss. Conveniently, we also have a pretty decent damage kit as healers. The goal is to kill the boss, you have to do damage to kill the boss, we can do damage. Simple concept. Whenever we don’t need to be healing, we can and should be doing damage. This is not a debate, it is not a conversation, it is not a suggestion. It is a fact. DPSing isn’t something you start doing when there’s nothing for you to heal. It should be something you stop doing when the fight requires you to heal. There may be times when you legitimately do need to do so much healing that you have almost no opportunities to DPS, but I can promise you that those situations are much rarer than most people think.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 29, 2018

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Same but /cheerjump, unless someone plays dead, in which case it's /squats over them until they get up.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

The worst part is the one time I ran into someone who specifically said he'd only heal and nothing else I was playing scholar......and the fucker only cast medica on PHANTOM TRAIN. I really couldn't give a gently caress if you only heal. But if you ARE going to only heal then at least do THAT well you incompetent gently caress stick.

For the commendation conversation though.....Generally it goes: Healer that made my job easy, Tank that didn't require me to put in ungodly amounts of effort to keep alive, DPS that did their job well and possibly the tanks job as well, or no one because they all made these 15-45 minutes a living hell.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Thundarr posted:

Push ups when we wipe to an enrage and I need to hit harder. Squats when I die and we wipe to not getting the heck out of the way in time.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rainuwastaken posted:

All hail the Pizza Boost, and its many brothers.

e: lol mijin gakure

For those who never played FF11, mijin gakure kills you when you use it.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

For those who never played FF11, mijin gakure kills you when you use it.
That's not fair, you're making ffxi sound like its bloated with useless abilities and unfun mechanics. A NIN could always use mijin gakure to blow themselves up and avoid exp loss on death :v:

As for party chat, I don't like carrying on long conversations so I mostly say stuff that I know won't get a response like [goad].

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This game just forgot literally all of my settings, I even had to recalibrate my controller and re-select my world. Luckily my character seems to still exist. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Somehow it remembered my keybinds, so that's good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I was just doing Bismarck Hard for the daily Trial, and at one point in the fight I pressed "Hissatsu: Yaten" and suddenly saw everything move really fast and died.

rujasu posted:

Yeah, I'm not a chatty person by nature but I at least try to always throw out a "hi", "thanks", and "pls kill adds ffs" for most runs.

My socializing is limited to spamming the "disappointed" emote.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

This game just forgot literally all of my settings, I even had to recalibrate my controller and re-select my world. Luckily my character seems to still exist. Has this happened to anyone else?

Occasionally the launcher deletes your local settings. Hasn't happened to me but it's not unheard of

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Doing it wrong, IMO

E: To flesh this out a bit so it isn't just trolling...

If I'm doing easy content, yeah. But an extra stone iv per fight in stuff I haven't done before isn't worth the mental tax while I learn the fight. If a tank double pulls first thing in the dungeon I'm paying attention to whether they pop cd's and what their gear is like, who dodges aoes and who doesn't. Those are a lot more important than risking an improperly timed bene that could cause rude people to give you poo poo the rest of the dungeon. In reality I cast a fair bit of aero iii and stone iv, but any fight that's actually interesting I'm likely to be using my other 50 buttons which are more fun. Fortunately WHM has a shield now so I can usually just shield+regen then start doing damage against bosses.

As an aside: how do non-healers do hard pve stuff, like for quests? There's a few fights in Stormblood that were miserable slogs because it was a boss with 750k hp and each stone iv dealt 5k so I was just applying dots & stoning till I felt the need to heal back up, but most dps classes have only 1-2 heals.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I did it before when the version check broke. Its an option in the launcher menu. Not sure how it happened for you automatically though.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Chaeden posted:

The worst part is the one time I ran into someone who specifically said he'd only heal and nothing else I was playing scholar......and the fucker only cast medica on PHANTOM TRAIN. I really couldn't give a gently caress if you only heal. But if you ARE going to only heal then at least do THAT well you incompetent gently caress stick.

For the commendation conversation though.....Generally it goes: Healer that made my job easy, Tank that didn't require me to put in ungodly amounts of effort to keep alive, DPS that did their job well and possibly the tanks job as well, or no one because they all made these 15-45 minutes a living hell.

My biggest problem with "Honest healers" is they are often loving terrible at it. My bare minimum for competence if tanking is "Healer didn't let me die" and most of the "I don't do dps" shitheads fail that single check.

I mean I can heal most dungeons on sch using nothing but my insta-aetherflow spenders spending the rest of my time chain casting aoe miasma (It does more damage to spam it than let it tick in AOE situations).

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Hello I have Fantasia’d into a Xaela because the Azim Steppe content was fun as hell

Going from a max height Roe lady to an Au Ra is a bit disorienting. I’ll probably go back to Roe eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Just spent an hour in an O5S farm party that couldn't clear a single time, joined a clear party and one shot it.

:shrug:

Hommando fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 30, 2018