Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh thank god, a horror story averted.

It's still bad but it's not, well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

It seems likely that some pretty dark poo poo was going down in that house though.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Definitely not a good scene, but as a true crime enthusiast I immediately thought of the Toy Box killer. Hopefully things weren’t that bad.

“True crime enthusiast” sounds bad. Oh well.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I feel like I haven't seen this here yet, and it kind of belongs...

Lindsey Waite @ 10:36pm Aug 23 posted:

This morning one of my greatest friends I've ever had killed himself. I found his body. This pain I and so many others feel right now. I am in to much heart to make a whole post right now. Just please know this soul has went home. I love you Ravine Edward Shadowfire RIP Joshua O'Malley You will always have a place in my heart. Brother and Friend be safe. 💔🖤💔😭😭😭💔💔💔💔💔

That's sad, right? But then just a few comments down there's a link dropped hot.

Redding Police Department posted:

NEWS RELEASE

Two Arrested For Homicide

August 24th, 2018 11:55 P.M.

18-60682

On Thursday, August 23rd, 2018, at approximately 10:45 A.M., Redding Police Officers responded to the call of a deceased subject under a bridge in the 2700 block of Favretto Avenue in south Redding. Upon arrival officers located a deceased male. Redding Police Officers and Investigators conducted interviews and collected evidence at the scene.

On Friday, August 24th, 2018, additional interviews were conducted at the Redding Police Department Investigations Division. The interviews resulted in the recovery of additional evidence. Two of the subjects who were interviewed ultimately confessed to participating in the murder of the deceased male.

22 year old Lindsey Ann Waite of Redding, and 22 year old Russell David Karfs Lewis were both arrested and booked into the Shasta County Jail for murder. All of those involved in this incident are acquaintances and are all transients in the Redding area.

The identity of the deceased is being withheld until next of kin have been notified.

Redding Police Department
530-225-4200
Reviewed: Solada #318

Wellp. :smith:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
https://q13fox.com/2018/08/28/a-12th-mutilated-cat-found-in-thurston-county-believed-linked-to-others-in-series-of-disturbing-killings/

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

"How horrible is it that someone would kill a cat! Now where's my steak?"

Relevant to the thread for many reasons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinkebell

xtal has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Aug 30, 2018

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i mean mutilating animals and posing the corpses in public for people to find is often a phase that then graduates to attacking people isnt it? but sure, go off king

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

quite stretched out posted:

i mean mutilating animals and posing the corpses in public for people to find is often a phase that then graduates to attacking people isnt it? but sure, go off king

You can (and should) be troubled by people mutilating animals, just not while simultaneously paying people to do that.

xtal has a new favorite as of 01:40 on Aug 30, 2018

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm not galaxy brained enough to draw an equivalence between killing and mutilating animals for fun versus buying meat but okay.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I tend to roll my eyes at the spot the vegan jokes but... Wow

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

xtal posted:

You can (and should) be troubled by people mutilating animals, just not while simultaneously paying people to do that.

Actually I can be troubled by that and eat bacon. Been doing it for years

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Reminds me of the Croydon Cat Killer (which might actually be foxes).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xtal posted:

"How horrible is it that someone would kill a cat! Now where's my steak?"

Relevant to the thread for many reasons: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinkebell

Yes, I do believe a woman who intentionally killed animals to try and advocate for not killing animals is relevant in a thread about weird, unnerving people.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

BEEEEEES

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
25 years ago, an Australian fishing trawler hauled in a skeleton wrapped in plastic and tied to a metal crucifix, which was custom-made to fit the victim's frame and far too heavy for one person to carry.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/85umnsw.html
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...51d44c307496d22

Thanks to advances in DNA technology, he's just been identified as Max Tancevski, a gambling addict who left his home to go on a betting spree and never returned.
http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Tancevski.htm
(The only article I could find confirming it was behind a paywall)

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Aug 30, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I did not expect that case to ever be solved.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

I did not expect that case to ever be solved.
It's insane how many cold cases are being solved by DNA advances this year. I never thought they would catch the Golden State Killer. Apparently the genealogist who did it is also trying to find out who the Boy In The Box was.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Celery Face posted:

It's insane how many cold cases are being solved by DNA advances this year. I never thought they would catch the Golden State Killer. Apparently the genealogist who did it is also trying to find out who the Boy In The Box was.

Now that would be something. After that they should figure out who the Cleveland Torso Murderer was.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Celery Face posted:

They caught a cold case rapist who terrorized part of the city I used to live in 11 years ago using the exact same sight as the one that caught EARONS/GSK

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Now we just need to know why a gambling addict would be killed with a custom-made crucifix dumped in the ocean.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

chitoryu12 posted:

Now we just need to know why a gambling addict would be killed with a custom-made crucifix dumped in the ocean.

"I bet I could kill myself in a way they'll never figure out"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Must've crossed the wrong guy.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Because some Australian loan sharks watched American mob movies and got big ideas in their little underdeveloped convict brains

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Must've crossed the wrong guy.

That did cross my mind as well. In any case, it’s one hell of a way to get your point across.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Tied to a cross and dumped in the ocean? Sounds like he was sleeping with the loaves and fishes!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Jesus Christ.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

Jesus Christ.

Nah, couldn't have been him. That dudes been living in Missouri for like ever.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

xtal posted:

Havin a normal one out here

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The unnerving thing is simple-minded people who think someone mutilating an animal for fun is in any way in the same moral realm as eating meat for sustenance, and who unironically pretend not to see the difference to make a really lovely non-point. That's SUPER unnerving.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It seems likely that some pretty dark poo poo was going down in that house though.

Yeah, I'd have to start asking why she was restrained. Possibly the boyfriend restrained her so she wouldn't stop him?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
It could just be a sex thing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jobson groeth posted:

It could just be a sex thing.

Sex things don't usually end with a suicide and a horrified partner running through the street half dressed in the dead of night.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Jedit posted:

Sex things don't usually end with a suicide and a horrified partner running through the street half dressed in the dead of night.

Please don't kink shame.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jedit posted:

OK grandpa.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Am I alone in wondering if the reason he committed suicide was because she broke out of the restraints and escaped? Unless that's what you're all saying and I can't read.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Why is everyone assuming he was the bad guy? Maybe he committed suicide because she escaped and was going to do something worse to him. Obviously the police should dig deeper into this.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Il Federale posted:

Why is everyone assuming he was the bad guy? Maybe he committed suicide because she escaped and was going to do something worse to him. Obviously the police should dig deeper into this.

"It's already too late," he said, trembling as he slid the oiled magazine into the grip of his pistol. "She's been seen." The words repeat themselves constantly, the mantra of a broken soul, ringing hollow from his throat and echoing through the otherwise empty house. The television was on, flickering brightly in the darkness of the room. He'd cut the sound hours as he was unable to deal with any more stimulus than what he was already living.
Tears streamed unchecked down his cheeks as he watches the news program with that washed out green picture, her eyes sinking pits into hell, her mouth twisted by the dark hunger which...
It had been playing for hours, ever since he returned home to find the door in his basement torn off its hinges, great gouges ripped from the thick steel in jagged rows of four.
"It's already too late," once more, lugubrious and dead voiced, he racked the slide.
Her heavy tread was on his porch. She was back. She had fed.
If she found him alive... no.
He brought the gun to his temple and paused. The door opened (he had not locked it, as it would not have helped) and she entered. Their eyes locked.
He felt something inside of him being ripped from his body, insubstantial yet rooted into his very being. Summoned into those deep pits beneath her brows, summoned into an eternity of madness.
A shot rang out into the night, followed by a howl of indescribable rage.
She had fed, but he'd taken the thing she hungered for most away from her reach.
She would have to find another, and begin anew.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*excert from upcoming novel I Have No Pants and I Must Ring

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Pyrotoad posted:

Am I alone in wondering if the reason he committed suicide was because she broke out of the restraints and escaped? Unless that's what you're all saying and I can't read.

No, you're not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Yeah, the unnerving is the people saying "oh, they were in a relationship? Phew, thought it would be much worse. :downs:"