Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
lol vasudus got hosed by trump because his gf feared for her literal well being and security and yet we still sometimes pretend that we should give conservatives any quarter and let their ideas be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

mods changed my name posted:

lol vasudus got hosed by trump because his gf feared for her literal well being and security and yet we still sometimes pretend that we should give conservatives any quarter and let their ideas be heard
/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I see this artist included the vagina bones

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

This a million times.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

psydude posted:

Wait weren't you guys engaged?

yeah

the last stage was telling her dad, who controls basically the entire family, who said no, because Druze don't marry outsiders under any circumstance

so she could marry me in exchange for being completely and totally cut off from her entire family forever, never be buried according to her customs, never set foot in her village ever again under threat of death, and be excommunicated from her religion

it was too tall of an order, given that the country turned into a very scary place for her very quickly

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

are you disagreeing with me or just quoting this hideous avatar because its hideous?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
lemme tell you, a real quick way to go from lovely centrist to full on leftist is to have to be constantly on the lookout for a MAGA hat wearing chud trying to gently caress with your girl while you're out and about

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
^^^ I was dating an Indian woman last summer and yea that poo poo radicalizes you super fast.

Vasudus posted:

yeah

the last stage was telling her dad, who controls basically the entire family, who said no, because Druze don't marry outsiders under any circumstance

so she could marry me in exchange for being completely and totally cut off from her entire family forever, never be buried according to her customs, never set foot in her village ever again under threat of death, and be excommunicated from her religion

it was too tall of an order, given that the country turned into a very scary place for her very quickly

poo poo.

If you're in DC and need a drink let me know. That's rough.

And seriously, the psycho conservatives scared off the woman he wanted to marry. What a loving world.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I've learned a fuckload living with my black girlfriend in Fayetteville; bumfuck, WA; and the greater Seattle area

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i was legit worried about up the bum no baby's gf coming to my neighborhood lol

fortunately my racist neighbors instead went overcompensating "we're not racist" mode and just gave her a lot of vodka lol

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/StrikeDebt/status/1034761966458425344

:yeshaha:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/1034446958486867979
mattis is familiar enough with erik prince to know his contracting history is a glorious tale of taking on jobs and then smashing them head-on into the nearest concrete wall really fast

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
really isnt much of a difference between the us army and capitalist venture pcm poo poo anyway other than some dumb bullshit "tradition" poo poo so I say why not and skip the middle man

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has erik prince ever done anything to suggest he has any idea how to run any kind of military operation

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Vasudus posted:

yeah

The obvious course of action is to gently caress the dad and make him your prison wife then YOU make the rules.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Tollymain posted:

has erik prince ever done anything to suggest he has any idea how to run any kind of military operation

he was a seal officer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

not caring here posted:

The obvious course of action is to gently caress the dad and make him your prison wife then YOU make the rules.

First you take your new dad's buttginity

Then you get the women

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vasudus posted:

yeah

Shittt. That's rough man, sorry to hear that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

he was a seal officer
The situation is Afghanistan, not murdering Green Berets.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair i did say any kind

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

he was a seal officer

So no.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

he was a seal officer
so clearly, the answer is no

ef;b DAMMIT

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.239c61139035

quote:

This account of the president and his team grappling with a potential crisis is based on interviews this week with 26 White House officials, presidential advisers, and lawyers and strategists close to the administration, most of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to be candid.

26 sources jfc

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Vas, dude, that's rough as poo poo. Good luck getting through everything.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

are you disagreeing with me or just quoting this hideous avatar because its hideous?

because its loving perfect in context and post

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Vasudus posted:

lemme tell you, a real quick way to go from lovely centrist to full on leftist is to have to be constantly on the lookout for a MAGA hat wearing chud trying to gently caress with your girl while you're out and about

Let me tell you about Clarice. When I was dating a Clarice (a black woman), who was a science nerd getting ready for medical school, people would call her a "thug", "lippy", "bitch", "ghetto", the local townies would scream the word "friend of the family" at her from their cars while she was walking to med school in Erie, PA). I literally had to ban a guy from my home for life because he called her a "bitch" when she corrected him about Chris Tucker and Chris Rock being different actors, and then made an obviously innocuous and sarcastic joke about how "all we blacks look alike". She wears X-Men t-shirts, speaks perfect English with no accent, and is gonna be a fuckin doctor, but to MAGA chuds she's just another uppity feminist darkie, despite being one of the most amazing people I've ever met clawing her way up out of the poverty of the Detroit area from a broken home & becoming a doctor, Still raising two kids by herself while the ex-husband is totally absent with time or child support on account of his "PTSD" from being a motor pool clerk. Guy must've seen some really traumatic engines and broken axles. Free money from the government for life and this motherfucker won't even put food on their table. At the end of her divorce hearing, the judge literally said "I'm sorry you had to go through this."

Her family tried to convince her not to date me, but 4 years later and she's still head-over-hells in love with me. I'm the one that got away and she's said as much. We only broke up because we got into school in different states. Eventually she said "gently caress my family, they've never done anything but mock me for being a nerd that doesn't drink Hennessy & smoke Newports in front of my babies while gossiping" and she doesn't even show up to their funerals.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sergg posted:

Let me tell you about Clarice. When I was dating a Clarice (a black woman), who was a science nerd getting ready for medical school, people would call her a "thug", "lippy", "bitch", "ghetto", the local townies would scream the word "friend of the family" at her from their cars while she was walking to med school in Erie, PA). I literally had to ban a guy from my home for life because he called her a "bitch" when she corrected him about Chris Tucker and Chris Rock being different actors, and then made an obviously innocuous and sarcastic joke about how "all we blacks look alike". She wears X-Men t-shirts, speaks perfect English with no accent, and is gonna be a fuckin doctor, but to MAGA chuds she's just another uppity feminist darkie, despite being one of the most amazing people I've ever met clawing her way up out of the poverty of the Detroit area from a broken home & becoming a doctor, Still raising two kids by herself while the ex-husband is totally absent with time or child support on account of his "PTSD" from being a motor pool clerk. Guy must've seen some really traumatic engines and broken axles. Free money from the government for life and this motherfucker won't even put food on their table. At the end of her divorce hearing, the judge literally said "I'm sorry you had to go through this."

Her family tried to convince her not to date me, but 4 years later and she's still head-over-hells in love with me. I'm the one that got away and she's said as much. We only broke up because we got into school in different states. Eventually she said "gently caress my family, they've never done anything but mock me for being a nerd that doesn't drink Hennessy & smoke Newports in front of my babies while gossiping" and she doesn't even show up to their funerals.

Marry her you idiot.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

Marry her you idiot.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Zeroisanumber posted:

Marry her you idiot.

Also gently caress you if you don't like Hennessy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sergg posted:

No accent?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sergg posted:

*puts finger to ear* Yes, that sounds like Erie.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ten years ago, I dated a woman who was born in Bangladesh but was raised in Saudi Arabia and Japan on account of her dad’s job as a surgeon. She never wore a veil, drank socially and had maybe been to mosque like twice since her family immigrated to the States. This didn’t stop the CHUD side of my family from referring to her as “the Muslim” when I wasn’t around.

If we were dating in today’s social climate, I probably would have gotten a CCW by now, especially if we had ended up living in Ohio (shudder.)

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
My sister married a turk a few years back, I'm worried for them on a daily basis. :(

I transitioned a few years ago, and the amount of public threats and insults I've gotten has definitely increased over the last two years.

gently caress trump and his enabling of these assholes.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I dunno if you guys missed the part where we had to move to different states because we got in different schools. I got into nursing school in Michigan, she got into medical school in Pennsylvania. She's a great person and still one of my best friends (in fact I'm still on good terms and good friends with most of my exes) but she has 2 kids from her previous marriage to said malingering deadbeat and doesn't want any more of them, and I want kids of my own, so that's kind of a dealbreaker. I spent the majority of my life a sad lonely loser and then I spent my mid 20s reading books/magazines/journals and watching videos about the psychology of human mate selection while I was working out, learning how to sing & dance, and educating myself about the world so I have zero trouble finding amazing women to date. Right now I'm dating a beautiful, hard-working liberal feminist atheist who's chill, smokes pot, works in nursing just like me, loves dancing and music, cooks and cleans, shares my values, political activist, and wants to have kids with me. That previous sentence actually describes most of my girlfriends for the past 10 years except She Who Shall Not Be Named.

Thalantos posted:

My sister married a turk a few years back, I'm worried for them on a daily basis. :(

Wait... is your sister from Macedonia?

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

During the primaries, when other, semi-sane candidates existed on the Republican side and Trump was having protesters beaten at his rallies, my grandpa said he would vote for the guy twice if he could. Same grandpa who didn't speak to my uncle for a decade after he married a Mexican woman.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sergg posted:

During the primaries, when other, semi-sane candidates existed on the Republican side and Trump was having protesters beaten at his rallies, my grandpa said he would vote for the guy twice if he could. Same grandpa who didn't speak to my uncle for a decade after he married a Mexican woman.

I got a buddy who looks like a Norse god farming in the Central Valley who’s been waiting for his father to die so he can marry his 3rd generation Mexican American wife in peace. Said father talks poo poo all day long about the Browns but will only hire migrant workers since Americans are lazy and don’t know the value of a dollar.

What the gently caress.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Sergg posted:

watching videos about the psychology of human mate selection

:hmmyes:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So he’s autistic and realized it no big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I was just really socially awkward and my self-esteem was in the toilet after spending the first 18 years of my life getting the poo poo beaten out of me and told I was unlovable so there were a lot of aspects of human psychology that I needed some catching up on, not just on effective communication but a whole host of things like being present in the moment, not flinching when someone touched me, learning how to be self-entertained, recognizing that all the horrible stuff that happened to me wasn't my fault, etc.

• Locked thread