Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/GaryEllerson/status/1034175353458225152

On paper they look like they can be the first team to break the bluechip ratio rule, but I can't quite trust any team but Bama to win the title playing like Bama. Maybe if they avoid injuries and don't have to play Clemson or Bama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/BarstoolWazzu/status/1035039937152868353

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahaha that's great

Unrelated: disgraced former Louisville AD Tom Jurich's son is calling out Louisville for... moving their seats

DJExile fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 30, 2018

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

This is the view from their new basketball seats

https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/status/1034827041500278785?s=20

How will they ever be able to enjoy another game again from such awful seats? It's such an injustice that a fired athletic director's free tickets get moved to such an undesirable location.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

This is the view from their new basketball seats

https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/status/1034827041500278785?s=20

How will they ever be able to enjoy another game again from such awful seats? It's such an injustice that a fired athletic director's free tickets get moved to such an undesirable location.

lmao jesus christ

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

https://twitter.com/GaryEllerson/status/1034175353458225152

On paper they look like they can be the first team to break the bluechip ratio rule, but I can't quite trust any team but Bama to win the title playing like Bama. Maybe if they avoid injuries and don't have to play Clemson or Bama.

Having a joke of an OOC schedule (WKY, UNM, BYU) and not playing Sparty or Ohio State in the regular season helps get the shot. If they win both playoff games it'd be hard to say who deserved it more. I just picture Wisconsin hitting a wall against a team like Georgia or Clemson that's clicking on all cylinders.

It must be terrible sitting with the peasants.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska is currently a 26-point favorite over Akron, which seems like a lot given that they're the MAC runner-up and we're implementing a new system with a team that won 4 games last year, but ^:)^

KKKLIP ART posted:

selective breeding is a thing and all but god drat that thing would probably be pretty useless in nature

I'm by no means an expert on this, but cattle with stupid-large horns are also common in central Africa. Found this rad photo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

If Wisconsin is allowed to hold like they were in the Orange Bowl, they can win. Someone posted some screencaps of massive holds on most of their big plays last night and I got angry again.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Hey SiriusXM, putting the Wake game on channel 371 is some bullshit, especially when the regular ACC channels will be open.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Dilber posted:

If Wisconsin is allowed to hold like they were in the Orange Bowl, they can win. Someone posted some screencaps of massive holds on most of their big plays last night and I got angry again.

I remember the defensive holding for the pick in the end zone being egregious.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska is currently a 26-point favorite over Akron

In my professional opinion

Do not bet on this game

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

This is at least the second time I've seen this same basic phrase this offseason (I think last time was a cheetah) and it makes me laugh every time because anyone that has spent any time at all around animals knows that yes, they absolutely do stretch when they get up from laying around.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska is currently a 26-point favorite over Akron, which seems like a lot given that they're the MAC runner-up and we're implementing a new system with a team that won 4 games last year, but ^:)

They were MAC runner up going 7-7 and getting absolutely pummeled by every halfway decent team they played except Ohio. The MAC was especially bad last year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Akron is an insanely bad program

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Im going to miss most of the Bama game on Saturday because the MLS team I'm a season ticket holder for has a match at the same time. The owner is a piece of poo poo boardroom goblin who is probably taking the team away, Browns style, next season, so we're trying to make sure we go to every match at home no matter what.

I'll be back probably at the end of the third quarter, hopefully it'll be going well by that time!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Jivesauce posted:

This is at least the second time I've seen this same basic phrase this offseason (I think last time was a cheetah) and it makes me laugh every time because anyone that has spent any time at all around animals knows that yes, they absolutely do stretch when they get up from laying around.

I bet the stretch probability largely depends on why the dog is running off the porch. But as someone who’s been around dogs before, you probably know better.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

MourningView posted:

They were MAC runner up going 7-7 and getting absolutely pummeled by every halfway decent team they played except Ohio. The MAC was especially bad last year

Sure, but so we're we and now we're throwing a true frosh out to run a new offense. I'm just sayin'

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

I bet the stretch probability largely depends on why the dog is running off the porch. But as someone who’s been around dogs before, you probably know better.

Good one. What if the dog is doing a planned run off the porch down a big hill into a stadium? My point is that football coaches are stupid. Except for the coach of whatever teams I like, those guys are probably all geniuses, and also just good people in general.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Sure, but so we're we and now we're throwing a true frosh out to run a new offense. I'm just sayin'

Akron has a pretty good linebacker with a phenomenal name in Ulysees Gilbert III. Their defense is... decent by MAC standards, but they're not going back to the MAC Championship (Buffalo is resurgent and Ohio's always solid) and honestly they may not even get 6 wins this year. Nebraska will be fine for that game.

E: I get being pessimistic if you're a Nebraska fan but trust me, this is gonna be one of those game where Nebraska gets a shaky start against a MAC team with nothing to lose (and an already-cashed paycheck), then settle in and cruise in the second half. It's how basically every MAC paycheck game goes.

E2: Jesus loving christ Nebraska's road schedule is brutal this year :stare:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 30, 2018

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seaniqua posted:

Do not bet on this game

Akron with the points.

DJExile posted:

Akron has a pretty good linebacker with a phenomenal name in Ulysees Gilbert III.

This name is straight out of the Civil War era.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I left nebraska/akron alone

i like colorado-8 and texas tech-2 the best probably this weekend. so both will be wrong. FAU+21 with Mayfield gone is fun.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PSU is now also jumping on board with an in stadium TV time out clock.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hello! I am a long-distance runner. Stretch, you idiots.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I just saw Jake Fromm at the Dekalb Farmer's market with a cart full of fish. Georgia gonna win the Natty.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Real Name Grover posted:

I'm thinking 3 TD rushing, 2 TD passing, plus 1 Int. About 90 yards on the ground and another ~200 in the air. Offense will come in spurts.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
So, I'm getting married next saturday. Our cocktail hour runs like 4:50-6 that evening and takes place in a bar space with 6-7 TVs and cable. This wasn't intentionally planned, but it works out so that people can bullshit and watch the games before sitting down for dinner and keeps my weird CHUD uncles from having to interact with the non-family people because "YO DAWG GAME'S ON" and keeps them from saying how they've never been to a wedding so "urban" or "city" before in front of my extremely millennial social circle.

Despite this, I still have a relative asking if they can skip the ceremony at 4:30 to watch the first 20 minutes of the game. That game is Ohio State/Rutgers.

Which one of you goons is my bad relative prioritizing 20 minutes of Ohio State/Rutgers over an event your entire extended family across 2000 miles of the United States is going to and has known about for 16 months? Goddammit, I know this is one of you.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's the Civil CONFLict tonight, idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress that relative and anyone who legit whines about a football game during a wedding

Alaois posted:

It's the Civil CONFLict tonight, idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yeah:

E: someone find that picture of the trophy left behind on the bench, that ruled

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
congrats on the wedding

That relative is an amateur, just skip it without telling anyone and sneak into the reception. The bride and groom are too busy to notice, just tell them everything was beautiful. I don't totally know for sure who was at the ceremony part of my wedding and it was only like a 50 person guest list.

Or just go to the wedding like a grown up but honestly who really likes the ceremony part anyway, no one is actually there for that

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 30, 2018

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

So, I'm getting married next saturday. Our cocktail hour runs like 4:50-6 that evening and takes place in a bar space with 6-7 TVs and cable. This wasn't intentionally planned, but it works out so that people can bullshit and watch the games before sitting down for dinner and keeps my weird CHUD uncles from having to interact with the non-family people because "YO DAWG GAME'S ON" and keeps them from saying how they've never been to a wedding so "urban" or "city" before in front of my extremely millennial social circle.

Despite this, I still have a relative asking if they can skip the ceremony at 4:30 to watch the first 20 minutes of the game. That game is Ohio State/Rutgers.

Which one of you goons is my bad relative prioritizing 20 minutes of Ohio State/Rutgers over an event your entire extended family across 2000 miles of the United States is going to and has known about for 16 months? Goddammit, I know this is one of you.

It's you, you are the Enemy of Rutgers Football

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

DJExile posted:

Jesus loving christ Nebraska's road schedule is brutal this year :stare:

Yep, but good timing for it as most of us will be happy with a bowl game

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NoleGameday/status/1035171966091751424

:getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Why don't they go all the way to the sides? Or is it so that the sidelines are clearly delineated?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TheGreyGhost posted:

People who actually do and say this poo poo are trash.

Uninvite that person.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I do a lot of driving and stretching is great and probably should find some sort of beginners yoga to do in my living room.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheGreyGhost posted:

That game is Ohio State/Rutgers.

:lol: This is brain worms levels of college football fandom.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: This is brain worms levels of college football fandom.

Even I noted hater of weddings during the fall can't defend that. That relative just needs to show up they ain't gonna miss a drat thing worth seeing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
GDT name suggestions? Other than referring to Washington/Auburn as the Nice Bowl.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Edward Mass posted:

GDT name suggestions? Other than referring to Washington/Auburn as the Nice Bowl.

roll tide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
NCAA Week 1: UCF Repeat Champions Fanclub

• Locked thread