Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Alternatively you can book around it short term by adding a character of comparable popularity to the angle and have the guy you booked to lose manage them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Budget Dracula posted:

Anyone playing Fire Pro yet on the PS4?

Mine is in transit. Gonna try and blow through the single player mode first as well.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Speaking of Fire Pro, is the big nL thing they did up somewhere I can watch it over a few days? I wanna see all the stupid/amazing poo poo but twitch is hot loving garbage unless you have perfect internet.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

Speaking of Fire Pro, is the big nL thing they did up somewhere I can watch it over a few days? I wanna see all the stupid/amazing poo poo but twitch is hot loving garbage unless you have perfect internet.

They haven't posted any of the marathon on youtube yet but if you're willing to try, the most recent Brawl 4 All is at the beginning of this twitch vod.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/301872780

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Got it! Have played some of it!

One thing that may need fixing, the game window is a bit too large- text on the very edges is slightly obscured (the options prompts at the bottom, mostly) and there's no apparent way to resize.

Also there is an option for textures in ring creation but no apparent image editor so I'm not sure if that is incoming.

In the single player mode, I am glad they let you have a "continue as if you had succeeded" option for missions, because there's one mission where you have to beat Nagata in 15-18 minutes using your finisher and I just could not make it happen. It always took longer.

The Fighting Road stuff seems to assume familiarity with the basics of striking and grappling, so newbies should still start with the Tutorial missions. I still feel like the game could use a big flashing "New to the Game? Start Here!" indicator but that may just be me.

Beyond that, is Fire Pro! Is fun! The almanac is a nice day-one bonus since I haven't seen any of current NJPW.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 29, 2018

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ring textures you actually have to go online and use their website to upload images

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

so two things so far ive noticed in the ps4 version, you can set run-ins/interference ala criticals and the cpu just did a finisher stealer, i hope these get added when it comes out on steam

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Got it, spent some time with it, loved the actual wrestling. Its Fire Pro as gently caress, which means there are tons of weird design decisions.

FP World is a webbrowser dealie and is terrible to sift through. There's rudimentary sort and search option but a lot of stuff is in kanji. The best way to do it, is to grab a 2nd device, turn off the game, grab the stuff you want on the 2nd device, then turn on the game and let it sync.

You can't grab complete rings, just the textures, just gotta DIY. Most designers leave notes, which is cool but you gotta have that 2nd device handy if you want to look at those notes while in design mode.

Custom wrestlers gotta get added to rosters, and there's no way to pull a complete pack which means more menu fiddling before you can get to the good stuff(breaking poo poo over Roman Reign's head). FPR also had this problem but you got around it by doing save imports. It'd be cool if they brought that back.

Some of the NJPW roster guys look funky. ZSJ looks like he spent a summer lifting heavy and mowing down fast food. Juice's hair doesn't flop and his skintone is a skosh off. Taichi's pants don't fly off(this is IMPORTANT).

The select menu doesn't say how to trigger their finishers so you gotta pause as soon as you get into the match and dig through the moves menu. FPR had the same problem.

The actual wrestling is fantastic if you've played Fire Pro R already but absolutely bewildering if this is your first experience. The big improvement is pins are a dedicated button now, which is huge. I haven't figured how to get into the combo strikes or the strike exchanges since those are new. Also they toned down the shadows so its harder to gauge spacing for strikes. I haven't gotten blood hardway yet so I can't tell if that's not a thing or if I'm just not hitting the right moves(I kinda remember FPR only having certain moves that did that). The blood spatters on the mat are cool but they don't last long enough.

I think there's tutorials buried in the offline mode menu. I haven't tried online mode yet.

The story mode is cool. You beat up jobbers, then NJPW jobbers then NJPW regulars then I guess a champions because I haven't got that far yet. The training stuff adds a layer of metagaming that's fulfilling. But nothing's explained so you gotta guess and hope you're training matches the moveset you're going for.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

coconono posted:

FP World is a webbrowser dealie and is terrible to sift through. There's rudimentary sort and search option but a lot of stuff is in kanji. The best way to do it, is to grab a 2nd device, turn off the game, grab the stuff you want on the 2nd device, then turn on the game and let it sync.

NL has a tutorial for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GhYyIYf07I

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the browser experience is not good. That needs a lot of work but I'm not holding my breath. Hopefully I won't have to log in to PSN every time.

Just won a battle royale as Minoru Suzuki despite not actually knowing I was playing as him for the first 10 seconds or so. That was a fun time.

When I get some time I'll run some tourneys to get the belts distributed.

Definitely looking forward to the various parts being added to the PC version. Way more icons and decorations to fool with.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

I haven't figured how to get into the combo strikes or the strike exchanges since those are new. I haven't gotten blood hardway yet so I can't tell if that's not a thing or if I'm just not hitting the right moves(I kinda remember FPR only having certain moves that did that).

I think there's tutorials buried in the offline mode menu.

The strike exchanges are triggered if you and your opponent input a grapple command at the same time.

There are certain strikes that have a low possibility of triggering blood, plus other attacks(forehead biting, fork stabbing, etc) that have a higher chance of causing blood.

"Mission Mode" is the tutorial mode.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ShootaBoy posted:

The clips have started going up on NewLegacyInc's YouTube. Brawl for All V and the Wrestling Revolution story are up now

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

projecthalaxy posted:

The clips have started going up on NewLegacyInc's YouTube. Brawl for All V and the Wrestling Revolution story are up now

Sweet. Thanks dude.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm having a good time with PS4 Fire Pro. Before I was playing the old GBA game so this is a huge step up. Has anybody run into any glitches so far? Last night I did Shibata vs Ishii and Shibata had invisible arms

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is this available retail?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is this available retail?

Yep, got mine from Amazon yesterday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OGB posted:

Yep, got mine from Amazon yesterday.

i mean in a building where i can exchange money and receive a physical artifact immediately and go home with it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hell yeah brother

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I assume this will not be available on XBox. Sigh. I haven't gotten a wrestleman game in years.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you picked the xbone lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I assume this will not be available on XBox. Sigh. I haven't gotten a wrestleman game in years.

If you have a computer made in the last ten years you can pick it up on Steam, where you have a better character/mod community too.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asLnEimmMs

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean in a building where i can exchange money and receive a physical artifact immediately and go home with it

Better call first because the store I went to only received one copy of it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just checked out the Steam page for FPW and it seems like the community has turned against the Steam version. Is the version bad all of a sudden or are they just salty that the dlc came out on consoles first?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I may be wrong but I recall hearing something about an upcoming update breaking the mod suite? People are probably pissed about that

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Spikeguy posted:

Just checked out the Steam page for FPW and it seems like the community has turned against the Steam version. Is the version bad all of a sudden or are they just salty that the dlc came out on consoles first?

Yeah there are people that are mad that the PS4 version has been the priority and think Spike Chunsoft doesn't care about the PC community.

There were issues with saves being corrupted in the PS4 version that would have also affected the PC version but I think that's been fixed now?

As for the mod suite, I think the creator is going back to school before the DLC comes out so he most likely won't be able to update the mod to make it compatible.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 30, 2018

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

lol the almanac claims that Juice is a former NEVER Openweight and IC champ.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Anyone know how to make revisions show up on your uploaded stuff (PS4)? I've made changes to an edit I uploaded but there are no changes or notes to the item on FPWNET. The only option I see in the menu in the game is to re-upload it as a new item.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

No belt guitar, NO SALE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They just did a part 1 of 2k19's roster reveal and people who you expect to be in on the main roster are in WWE 2k19

New people to 2K19 so far

Rey Mysterio (DLC)
Ronda Rousey (DLC)
Roddy Piper (Ric Flair Edition DLC)
Singh Bros (Managers)
Lana (playable
Velveteen Dream
Heavy Machinery
Street Profits
Tyler Bate
Pete Dunne
Shayna Baszler
Liv Morgan
Sarah Logan
Undisputed Era
Oney Lorcan
Bianca Belair
Kairi Sane

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Oney Lorcan

Of all the terrible names WWE has come up with over the years, this is one always makes me pause.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

He’s the guy who chose it

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/MontezFordWWE/status/1035239133332033538

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1035270958129524741

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

He’s the guy who chose it

Oof. I seem to think his indy name was way more normal.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

People in comments are saying Cole is even worse somehow

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wonder how horrible Bianca Belair‘s hair is going to look in this game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

People in comments are saying Cole is even worse somehow

Seems like a good Chris Hero CAW to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
I didn't know they were still making 2k for the Xbox 360. Weird.