Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

If this person continues to support Trump despite all of these things, then I highly doubt it

these are the kind of people who will become part of the insurgent left before a single urban liberal does

we aren't THAT far removed from coal miners dragging mine bosses out of their mansions to be shot, we're just going strong into a 2nd generation in a row where there hasn't BEEN a left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I thought the joke was that he isn't real.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh wait i reread the tweet and its a dumb joke and supposed to be paul ryan

lol owned

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

I thought the joke was that he isn't real.

all things are real and there are no jokes allowed in this, my greatest thread

if i find out any of you have been joking it will go VERY poorly for you

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/jannydare/status/1034158966459195392

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trump constantly being a petty rear end in a top hat to republican royalty like mccain and romney and Jeb! is the only policy of his of which i approve

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Shear Modulus posted:

trump constantly being a petty rear end in a top hat to republican royalty like mccain and romney and Jeb! is the only policy of his of which i approve

It would be more enjoyable if it lead to more substantial fracturing of the right, but god these people really will line up sheepishly behind the loudest crudest strongman in the room.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

imo this person might be winnable by any dem candidate that gave a drat (bernie) or convincingly pretended they did (obama)

lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Grape posted:

It would be more enjoyable if it lead to more substantial fracturing of the right, but god these people really will line up sheepishly behind the loudest crudest strongman in the room.

if they had dignity or principles they wouldn't be republicans

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Stitt wants to destroy my job and put me in the poor house, but at least he's not a drat Democrat, gee I sure hope someone talks him out of killing me

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
honestly at some point you deserve to lose your job and live destitute for the rest of you're life

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

VitalSigns posted:

Stitt wants to destroy my job and put me in the poor house, but at least he's not a drat Democrat, gee I sure hope someone talks him out of killing me

lol people from Oklahoma acting like they know what it's like to even have the moderate wing of the Democrats running anything in their state.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they were smart, they wouldn't willingly live in oklahoma.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

he should tap into that for votes, like the very vote i will be giving him anyway

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Epic High Five posted:

these are the kind of people who will become part of the insurgent left before a single urban liberal does

we aren't THAT far removed from coal miners dragging mine bosses out of their mansions to be shot, we're just going strong into a 2nd generation in a row where there hasn't BEEN a left

the thing that worries me more for 2020 isn't that dems nominate some milquetoast RETURN TO DECENCY lib who gets crushed when trump comes up with a catchy nickname for them, but that someone like bernie or a candidate who similarly reflects something that could actually be considered left gets nominated but loses anyway and sets the party back to Reagan But Okay With The Gays for another 20 years and we all die fiery deaths.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

TrixRabbi posted:

the thing that worries me more for 2020 isn't that dems nominate some milquetoast RETURN TO DECENCY lib who gets crushed when trump comes up with a catchy nickname for them, but that someone like bernie or a candidate who similarly reflects something that could actually be considered left gets nominated but loses anyway and sets the party back to Reagan But Okay With The Gays for another 20 years and we all die fiery deaths.

I mean if that happens it's over anyway, centrism can't win we just saw that, so if leftism can't either welp

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

VitalSigns posted:

I mean if that happens it's over anyway, centrism can't win we just saw that, so if leftism can't either welp

we got 2 years to get our poo poo together. i'm curious what 2 more years of continued neurological degeneration does to trump's reelection campaign

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
forget 2020 and vote in the loving midterms so dems can perform oversight on trump. that alone will guarantee he's gone in 2020

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

forget 2020 and vote in the loving midterms so dems can perform oversight on trump. that alone will guarantee he's gone in 2020

It's the responsibility of candidates to inspire people to vote for them, not the other way around

It sure would be cool if there were platforms the dems could run on that, say, 80%+ of their base actively wants

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Looking at all of the oversight on trump right now including *checks notes* Schumer giving away a bunch of judicial appointments so he could go home early

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

VitalSigns posted:

or that the DNC again hosed over the left because they still have the reins of power in who is the candidate

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

my hot take is that the president will matter pretty little if the left doesn't build up a base and start scalping more congressmen + winning in state/local elections. if getting someone good in the white house means gutting the grassroots movement then it isn't worth it, the Obama presidency proves that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

progressive policies are already pushing lame third way collaborators out of office, just look at the FL Dem primary, where an honest to god progressive not only won in a landslide, but also just about doubled turnout

the real risk isn't the left not continuing the surge, but rather the center running a spoiler candidate because they'd rather have baby death camps than pay 1% more tax on all income after their first million

it's why whoever ends up carrying the flag for the left needs to also be a cutthroat motherfucker when they need to be #basta

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

It's the responsibility of candidates to inspire people to vote for them, not the other way around

It sure would be cool if there were platforms the dems could run on that, say, 80%+ of their base actively wants

Allowing evil to happen when you have the ability to stop it is complacency in that evil.

Allowing evil to happen because you want to use the possibility of that evil occurring as a bargaining chip is participation in that evil.

Stopping people like Trump is a civic and moral responsibility. Now I'll agree strategically that inspiring people is the better path, but at the same time the only thing more repugnant than a Trump supporter is someone who refuses to oppose him because the alternative isn't giving them what they want. Trump supporters at least believe they're not evil, people doing this cynical bullshit are actively and intentionally causing evil and they know it's evil.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jarmak posted:

Allowing evil to happen when you have the ability to stop it is complacency in that evil.

Allowing evil to happen because you want to use the possibility of that evil occurring as a bargaining chip is participation in that evil.

Stopping people like Trump is a civic and moral responsibility. Now I'll agree strategically that inspiring people is the better path, but at the same time the only thing more repugnant than a Trump supporter is someone who refuses to oppose him because the alternative isn't giving them what they want. Trump supporters at least believe they're not evil, people doing this cynical bullshit are actively and intentionally causing evil and they know it's evil.

'give me a reason to vote for you' is not cynical or evil

and 'we're not as bad as the other guys' isn't a reason to vote for you

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jarmak posted:

the left turns out for dipshit third wayers way better than the center turns out for progressives, but I guess we all know this which is why they're called collaborators after all

probably my guiding philosophy voting-wise for the rest of my life will be to always vote for the leftmost candidate without exception, even if it means voting for people like Donnelly

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Jarmak posted:

It's me, the guy saying the intentionally evil, cynical bullshit of "candidates win by inspiring their constituents into voting for them"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

the left turns out for dipshit third wayers way better than the center turns out for progressives, but I guess we all know this which is why they're called collaborators after all

probably my guiding philosophy voting-wise for the rest of my life will be to always vote for the leftmost candidate without exception, even if it means voting for people like Donnelly

Tbf if this dunce had literally any idea about the amount of ratfucking the center is doing rn to try and keep power, he wouldnt have made that post in the first place

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Jarmak posted:

the centrists who win because of this shot are the same people who folded in the Senate yesterday, mortaging our future so they can go home

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

it is a moral imperative that you stop evil by *squints* empowering the people who do nothing to stop it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1035167781635981314

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Don't forget that this is primary season and the entire god drat point of primaries is to pick the best candidate that will win against the literal fascists being put up by the GOP

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Looking at all of the oversight on trump right now including *checks notes* Schumer giving away a bunch of judicial appointments so he could go home early

Yep that's definitely the only issue Congress will be addressing or should be addressing in 2019

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

jfc if youre not inspired already

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tbf if this dunce had literally any idea about the amount of ratfucking the center is doing rn to try and keep power, he wouldnt have made that post in the first place

you were telling people they were why trump won in 16 lmfao

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Vote in the midterms dumbass.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

if you're a leftist and don't vote in the midterms, you should be loaded into a ballista and fired into a wall Wile E Coyote style

also if you're a conservative and DO vote in the midterms

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Grape posted:

Vote in the midterms dumbass.

I live in Wyomings ng my choices are a republican and also republican but he has a d after his name

still gonna vote for him though, cause gently caress the Cheneys

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm pure and good and voting for beto this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if they were smart, they wouldn't willingly live in oklahoma.

:rip: mirthless