Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqYeOM7JwJ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Here in the midwestern US, the only people who ride bikes are kids and the drunks who've lost their licenses to DUI. You'd need a death wish to ride a bicycle on most non-residential streets.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Here in the midwestern US, the only people who ride bikes are kids and the drunks who've lost their licenses to DUI. You'd need a death wish to ride a bicycle on most non-residential streets.

Do it ironically posted:

...maybe he just doesn't care if he dies

There's this gem of a statement. So :shrug:.

Bicycles are a perfectly viable and functional form of transportation. I honestly enjoy biking. It's calming and reasonably cathartic outside of a dense urban environment, allowing you plenty of time to reflect on life and poo poo. It's basically the cheapest form or rapid transit (walk 20 miles, and bike 20 miles). The automotive demagogues have really reinforced the notion that the roads only exist for their benefit. While that's partially true (improved roads being created primarily for ease of automotive travel) it still doesn't outweigh the right for people to use the PUBLIC roads as they legally see fit.

I know your statement is anecdotal, but the meat of the statement is perturbing to say the least. I'm a filthy poor with little economic mobility and bikes are cheap to buy, easy to maintain, and get me where I need to go cheaply and more quickly than walking at a fraction of the cost (both environmental and social) of quicker forms of transit.

That's all. I'll stop my somewhat self-righteous derail.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

dog nougat posted:

I'll stop my somewhat self-righteous derail.

thx.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

A Cup vs. OSHA Cup

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Why was a 5" disc needed when you have a 4.5" disc that had all the proper safety procedures? This seems like extra work just to endanger yourself.

Winch line was all hosed up, wrapped under itself etc, so needed to be cut off.
The drum itself wasn't very wide, and the ummmm sides were tall. So the body of the grinder would hit the drum and the 4 1/2" blade wouldn't get in there far enough.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

FuturePastNow posted:

Omaha here. Lots of hills that make biking challenging, as well as terrible roads and sidewalks, and fast drivers. I still bike (since I have a half mile commute to work), but once the road surface becomes even slightly obscured by snow it’ll be too dangerous.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

no regrets

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My milkshake brings all the bulls to the yard

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kids, in the near future, probably: “This is bullshit!”

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Kids, in the near future, probably: “This is bullshit!”

If you’re going to make a pun about the photo, the least you cud do is go beyond the udderly obvious one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
C'mon people let's try to steer this thread back on topic

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Bitch I’m a cow.

MooOooOo.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is how traditional japanese kobe beef achieves such a refined texture

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

haveblue posted:

C'mon people let's try to steer this thread back on topic
Don't have a cow, man

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi posted:

we have so much to learn from them

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Is that bike on the highway? Most highways near me have a "don't bike here" law because of the risk. That trucker was a POS for sure and - whether or not those bikes could be there - didn't have a right to keep going in an exit lane.

As a driver I'm 100% for bike reserved lanes to be drawn, it's safer and usually comes with bike/pedestrian specific traffic lights/signs. The problem is when pro-status bikers don't use them on a street/road that was made narrower to make a bike lane in and they still ride in the car lanes like goddamn morons.

Mr. Fix It posted:

Bitch I’m a cow.

MooOooOo.

Thanks that had only been stuck in my head for a week.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 30, 2018

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

wanna pop that house's ceiling zit

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

As a driver I'm 100% for bike reserved lanes to be drawn, it's safer and usually comes with bike/pedestrian specific traffic lights/signs. The problem is when pro-status bikers don't use them on a street/road that was made narrower to make a bike lane in and they still ride in the car lanes like goddamn morons.
I see you have been to Minneapolis! We have all these loving bike lanes drawn, many with big reflective posts between the bike lane and car lane, and some roads with two bike lanes so they can have opposing traffic without dodging each other in the off chance there's two people on bikes both using the bikes lanes and going in opposite directions (lol). I've seen a grand total of three bikes in 5 years on those loving things. All the other bike riders go down the sidewalk while clipping elbows/shoulders, or down the car lane.

Make bikes have license plates and driver's licenses like cars and give them tickets for not riding in the specifically made lanes they loving cried so hard to get. Or just melt everyone's bikes down and use the metal for pedestrian bridges, I don't care which.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Hey diddle diddle.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mozi posted:

The butcher sighed as he drew his cleaver.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

You mean your lovely midwestern city specifically.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

You mean your lovely midwestern city specifically.

name another type of midwestern city

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

schmug posted:

Dunno, I lived in Madison, Minneapolis, and Chicago and they're all good for biking and good

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
These six word stories are getting kind of weird

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

schmug posted:

ur mum

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Splicer posted:

These six word stories are getting kind of weird

For sale: Steel-toed Crocs, fired.

schmug
May 20, 2007

lol what? you literally are retarded, aren't you?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I'd wear these daily.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Tochiazuma posted:

I assume if that video had been of a truck barging onto the sidewalk instead the hot take would be 'ha ha stupid pedestrians why didn't you see that coming?'

ah yes people on a sidewalk are exactly the same as bikes on a limited access highway, thanks captain dumbass

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWGquxvqI_Y

A thread regular returns with...uh, this.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I've heard of a bull in a china shop but this is just ridiculous.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

redgubbinz posted:

A thread regular returns with...uh, this.

In his defense, every one of his incredibly dangerous inventions has worked perfectly.

schmug
May 20, 2007

redgubbinz posted:

A thread regular returns with...uh, this...

is magical. The word you are looking for is magical.

chitoryu12 posted:

In his defense, every one of his incredibly dangerous inventions has worked perfectly.

until the end of this one where he nearly cuts his right arm off trying to kill a blow up doll

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
This just in: MI5 has upgraded the knife crime terror level to ATTACK IMMINENT.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

C.M. Kruger posted:

This just in: MI5 has upgraded the knife crime terror level to ATTACK IMMINENT.

I'm just walking along the boulevard spinning my knives, it's you own fault if you get hit by them.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

How did you get an early draft of the Republican health care plan?