Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

Haven't heard stories about crazy Supernatural fans in a while. Do they still have that fanfic universe where the characters engage in incestuous gay sex while having magic dog dicks that can make guys pregnant?
Not only do they have it, but Supernatural fandom invented it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

And every chubby nerd girl you ever had a crush on has masturbated to it. All of them.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

FactsAreUseless posted:

And every chubby nerd girl you ever had a crush on has masturbated to it. All of them.

What no...they couldn't have...

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I am the Alpha, Beta and Omega.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You’ve talked about fandoms enough now tia

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

You’ve talked about fandoms enough now tia

Found the supernatural fan

Anyway have some signs:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Here, have a picture.

When I see that picture, I know what I am supposed to be thinking is:

"What a great girl. They obviously having a loving relationship where she cares about him and they have a strong, shared enjoyment of the same things. The amount of care and effort she's put into that is a reflection of them as a couple and I hope they continue to enjoy their time growing old together"

What I actually think:

"They're going to gently caress while she wears that mask"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ommin posted:

That’s how bad all fanbases are becoming. I’m glad I’m old enough now to enjoy things without having to make it apart of my identity or spend all my time defending it. Fans ruin everything.

Considering that fan is short for fanatic I think it's safe to say any fan of anything is a bad person.

e: Fug I'm going to get banded :newlol:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 09:13 on Aug 30, 2018

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches

Hey, sometimes a tin soldier gets lonely :shrug:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

That kid is lucky to have received so much lemonade

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

spog posted:

"What a great girl. They obviously having a loving relationship where she cares about him and they have a strong, shared enjoyment of the same things. The amount of care and effort she's put into that is a reflection of them as a couple and I hope they continue to enjoy their time growing old together"

What I actually think:

My thought was just "why would you want to gently caress Morty"

Edit also they better not reproduce :argh:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Here are some wholesome messages

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

bike tory posted:

Here are some wholesome messages

Yes you may pet my Please Dog

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Dixville posted:

Yes you may pet my Please Dog

Don’t doxx me. Unless that’s what you want, it’s fine. Just want to make you happy

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://my.mixtape.moe/rrfaxf.mp4

https://twitter.com/SeclusiveBlue/status/1034898268919083008

spog posted:

What I actually think:

I thought it was a RealDoll so both of your thoughts were much better than mine.

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Aug 30, 2018

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not only do they have it, but Supernatural fandom invented it.

And then Supernatural the show made fun of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6ekjknw64&t=63s

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I think we can all be a fan of a show and enjoy it,but these die-hard mental fans are probably 80% fake and 20% thinking they're hilarious.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Mezzanine posted:

2. Elon Musk's Tesla is an absolute abomination from an engineering standpoint. I'd have to find the tweet thread by the former engineer, but among other things they had a certificate issue that would have literally bricked every customer car
That discussion originates here in these forums https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862643&perpage=40&pagenumber=62#post487296229 like all good internet content.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, of all the options there I'm surprised that Monty Python, Juggalos, and Metalheads aren't on the list.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

Huh, of all the options there I'm surprised that Monty Python, Juggalos, and Metalheads aren't on the list.

That's because it's not 20 years ago anymore

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah, well.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/juggalos-nazis-march-washington-dc/

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Plus metalheads are probably the most consistently nice subgroup I've ever met.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Exactly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Metalheads are the ones with the mosh pits right? I might be getting genres confused, because I am a moron. I just remember it was one that was taking it really super seriously and hostile.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I, for one, am highly annoyed at the exclusion of beatniks, deadheads, hippies, and flappers.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

This is the exact opposite of what a problem looks like.

Also late to the R&M talk, but much like Catcher in the Rye, Scott Pilgrim, and Breaking Bad, about half the people miss the point that the main character is supposed to be an rear end in a top hat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Why do people poo poo all over Wil Wheaton?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Because Wedgies Over IP is not yet achievable technology.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pershing posted:

Have you seen his body of work?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

more like Dillweed....ton

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pershing posted:

Because he's really smug most of the time. I don't think he does it on purpose, there are tons of nerds who have the same faux-intellectual affectation.
It's really hard to watch.

Plus, gently caress Wesley.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I still don't understand why jokes for literal middle schoolers are somehow some amazing ownage of people.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Garrand posted:

I still don't understand why jokes for literal middle schoolers are somehow some amazing ownage of people.
Sounds like someone's salty about falling for a joke made for literal middle schoolers

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

They aren't. It's just a like, a light chuckle.

You absolute donkey

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
e: whoops, sorry Emmy didn't see your post before reply

Pick has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Aug 30, 2018

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pershing posted:

He has a history of being lovely to LGBTQ people (especially trans-women, whom he blocks en-masse) and did and said nothing about his rapist pal Chris Hardwick, and still hasn't cut ties with him. All while presenting himself as a reasonable progressive liberal who cares about minorities etc. He's also incredibly centrist and think Berniebros cost Hillary the election and will loudly state that to anyone that listens. He's like if the liberal nerd side of reddit was a person.

He got ran off Mastodon for reporting trans women en-masse for jokes. The lady who BOFA'd him first got banned. He reported so many accounts the mods had to get involved and eventually told him to gently caress off, after which he immediately played victim because Wil Wheaton is always right how dare you.

A Great Big Bee! has a new favorite as of 17:40 on Aug 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Choco1980 posted:

Haven't heard stories about crazy Supernatural fans in a while. Do they still have that fanfic universe where the characters engage in incestuous gay sex while having magic dog dicks that can make guys pregnant?

Yes and if you look, you can find the powerpoint presentation used at Dashcon. It's 100% worth it, because it also veers into why the supernatural dog dick universe is inherently feminist. :c00l: