Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would not drop Alshon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Any offensive backfields or offenses in general that you're pretty much avoiding this year?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Buffalo entirely. Washington backfield unless you pay almost nothing. Seattle due to the poo poo line.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Buffalo entirely. Washington backfield unless you pay almost nothing. Seattle due to the poo poo line.

Their line is better than AZ, Buf, and Cincy this year. Both from a player and coach standpoint.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

Need 1 person to take over this team in Year 1 of Dynasty. There's $160 of $1000 left. Part 2 of the auction startup draft (we couldn't finish it in one night) is next Wednesday. I basically picked for this team and I think I like it better than my own in some ways :(

1. Newton, Cam CAR QB 4 $135.00
2. Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB 7 $90.00
3. Burkhead, Rex NEP RB 11 $35.00
4. Coleman, Tevin ATL RB 8 $52.00
5. Collins, Alex BAL RB 10 $120.00
6. Johnson, Kerryon DET RB 6 $70.00
7. Michel, Sony NEP RB 11 $71.00
8. Cooper, Amari OAK WR 7 $86.00
9. Jones, Marvin DET WR 6 $62.00
10. Thielen, Adam MIN WR 10 $105.00

Take over to draft or run the team from here on out?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Did my big money league draft last night.

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX(W/R/T) - 0.5 ppr standard scoring

2 keepers each, so 20 players are off the board from the get go

1.6 - Dalvin Cook
2.5 - Adam Thielen
3.6 - Doug Baldwin
4.5 - LeSean McCoy
5.6 - Chris Hogan
6.5 - Greg Olsen
7.6 - Traded Pick Last Year
8.5 - Dion Lewis
9.6 - Nelson Agholor
10.5 - Keelan Cole
11.6 - Tarik Cohen
12.5 - Ben Roethlisberger
13.6 - Bilal Powell
14.5 - DeVante Parker
15.6 - Odell Beckham Jr (Keeper)
16.5 - David Johnson (Keeper)
16.6 - Phillip Rivers
17.6 - James White
18.5 - Ted Ginn

Which leaves my team as:

QB - Big Ben, Rivers
RB - D. Johnson, D. Cook, L. McCoy, D. Lewis, T. Cohen, B. Powell, J. White
WR- O. Beckham, A. Thielen, D. Baldwin, C. Hogan, N. Agholor, K. Cole, D. Parker, T. Ginn
TE- G. Olsen

All in all I'm very happy with it. Stacked at RB & WR. My QB and TE situation isn't ideal, I had a few guys I had my eye on get sniped a pick or two before mine.

Thoughts?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I need advice for who should be my 3rd keeper in my 12 team 0.5 PPR league. It's a choice between Zach Ertz, Alex Collins or Demaryius Thomas. There is essentially no cost to keep the players (they cost between rounds 12-14). My 2 locks are OBJ and Tyreek Hill.

I've been leaning towards Ertz for most of the summer, but as I've been doing draft prep I find that I almost have to go RB in the 1st round (1.11) and then because I traded away my 2nd round pick last season waiting until the 3rd to pick from the scraps. I'm now thinking keeping Collins would give me flexibility with my first pick to go with BPA.

Does this make sense or is the Ravens' backfield too muddied for this to be worth letting Ertz go?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

I think you can do better than Collins. Keep Ertz.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MakaVillian posted:

I need advice for who should be my 3rd keeper in my 12 team 0.5 PPR league. It's a choice between Zach Ertz, Alex Collins or Demaryius Thomas. There is essentially no cost to keep the players (they cost between rounds 12-14). My 2 locks are OBJ and Tyreek Hill.

I've been leaning towards Ertz for most of the summer, but as I've been doing draft prep I find that I almost have to go RB in the 1st round (1.11) and then because I traded away my 2nd round pick last season waiting until the 3rd to pick from the scraps. I'm now thinking keeping Collins would give me flexibility with my first pick to go with BPA.

Does this make sense or is the Ravens' backfield too muddied for this to be worth letting Ertz go?

Brownhat posted:

I think you can do better than Collins. Keep Ertz.

Totally disagree. Collins is the keep here and still go RB with your first pick. There are a good amount of value picks at TE this year. Personally, I'm high on Ebron in the Colts' new offense.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Keep Collins, draft RB.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Any offensive backfields or offenses in general that you're pretty much avoiding this year?

In 1ppr there is still good value in Chris Thompson, Theo Riddick and Gio Bernard.

In .5 and below, I faded the backfields of MIA, OAK, SEA, BUF, NYJ, DEN, and ATL (though the reasons vary for each: Bad oline/lack of oline rebuild strategy, lackluster offense, poor QB expectations, muddled backfield, unfavorable game scripts. )

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
With 36 dudes kept, I don't think it's a given that you get a better RB. You might at 1, you certainly won't by the 3rd. I'd keep Collins.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Honestly with those keepers you are going to want to go RB in 1 and 3 anyway. Collins doesn't do anything for your flexibility but I think he's the best choice by far of those options.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Drafted my work league last night and I dunno. I've felt pretty meh on all my drafts this year and this team is no exception. Confirm/deny my meh feelings on this team? Drafted 13 out of 14 (ugh), PPR league.

13 Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR
16 Kareem Hunt, KC RB
41 Kenyan Drake, Mia RB
44 Golden Tate, Det WR
69 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
72 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
97 Jamaal Williams, GB RB
100 Kirk Cousins, Min QB
125 Keelan Cole, Jax WR
128 Marcus Mariota, Ten QB
153 Calvin Ridley, Atl WR
156 Benjamin Watson, NO TE
181 Chargers D/ST D/ST
184 O.J. Howard, TB TE
209 Harrison Butker, KC K
212 Nick Chubb, Cle RB

Mainly not really feeling Kirk as my starting QB and my TE's are weak but there was a run on both early and I wasn't going to reach.

Note - Watson was an accidental pick. I went to read the notes and clicked the draft button instead :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

weird Asian candy posted:

Drafted my work league last night and I dunno. I've felt pretty meh on all my drafts this year and this team is no exception. Confirm/deny my meh feelings on this team? Drafted 13 out of 14 (ugh), PPR league.

13 Odell Beckham Jr., NYG WR
16 Kareem Hunt, KC RB
41 Kenyan Drake, Mia RB
44 Golden Tate, Det WR
69 Tevin Coleman, Atl RB
72 Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR
97 Jamaal Williams, GB RB
100 Kirk Cousins, Min QB
125 Keelan Cole, Jax WR
128 Marcus Mariota, Ten QB
153 Calvin Ridley, Atl WR
156 Benjamin Watson, NO TE
181 Chargers D/ST D/ST
184 O.J. Howard, TB TE
209 Harrison Butker, KC K
212 Nick Chubb, Cle RB

Mainly not really feeling Kirk as my starting QB and my TE's are weak but there was a run on both early and I wasn't going to reach.

Note - Watson was an accidental pick. I went to read the notes and clicked the draft button instead :(

Is Ebron still available?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

pubic works project posted:

Is Ebron still available?

No.

Hurst is though. We have deep benches so I could stash him...

Seals-Jones, Gesicki, Butt, etc. are the best out there.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Alfalfa posted:

Take over to draft or run the team from here on out?

Both. I can finish the draft nexf Wednesday for the team, but I'll need someone to run it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No.

Hurst is though. We have deep benches so I could stash him...

Seals-Jones, Gesicki, Butt, etc. are the best out there.

RSJ might be a better stash than Watson.

Also I'd probably drop Mariota for another RB/WR stash.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

RSJ might be a better stash than Watson.

Also I'd probably drop Mariota for another RB/WR stash.

I was thinking about him...I dunno. I immediatley hated the Watson pick because it was on accident, but he is the Saints TE1 right?

Hurst intrigues me.

What scares me about dropping MM is there are only like...3...starting qb's out there on the waiver wire. If I drop him and wait until Cousins' BYE I'm worried there will be no starters out there available :v:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

89 posted:

Both. I can finish the draft nexf Wednesday for the team, but I'll need someone to run it.

Shoot me a PM with the details. What’s one more league lol

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

2nd pick non-PPR

Bell, Elliott or DJ? (Assuming Gurley is taken first)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kloaked00 posted:

2nd pick non-PPR

Bell, Elliott or DJ? (Assuming Gurley is taken first)

Bell

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

I was thinking about him...I dunno. I immediatley hated the Watson pick because it was on accident, but he is the Saints TE1 right?

Hurst intrigues me.

What scares me about dropping MM is there are only like...3...starting qb's out there on the waiver wire. If I drop him and wait until Cousins' BYE I'm worried there will be no starters out there available :v:

Vikings bye is week 10. I feel like there's a good chance some of those backups that filled in week 4-9 are back on the wire by then. I actually like your team, except for the double QB and double TE.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ben Nevis posted:

Vikings bye is week 10. I feel like there's a good chance some of those backups that filled in week 4-9 are back on the wire by then. I actually like your team, except for the double QB and double TE.

Good point. Hrmm. Any of the guys below do anything for ya? 14 team league with deep benches mean not a lot available which is why I doubled up on QB and TE. I normally would never.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gore could be worth an add

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thanks for the advice all!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Good point. Hrmm. Any of the guys below do anything for ya? 14 team league with deep benches mean not a lot available which is why I doubled up on QB and TE. I normally would never.

Definitely Jason Witten

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Half this list is players who have retired or are out for the season. Gore is the only one Who has any type of fantasy relevance.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Okay, first time acution drafter 0.5 ppr how'd I do?

QB: Matt Ryan $1

RB: Alvin Kamara $68
RB: Duke Johnson $13

WR: Keenan Allen $41
WR: Larry Fitzgerald $23

TE: Greg Olsen $12

Flex: D. Henry $16

K: S Gostkowski $2

D?ST: ARI $1

Bench

QB A. Smith $1
WR: P. Garcon $6
RB: L. Murray $1
RB: Chris Carson $6
RB: James White $6
WR: Mike Wallace $1
WR: John Brwn $6

For 12 teams, I’d give it a C+. With the right amount of waiver wire attention, you can go far into the playoffs

The good:
Absolute steal on Allen, what the hell. I’ve done 100 mocks and 3 real auctions so far and he hasn’t gone for under $45. Fitz went for a bargain too. Garçon should make a decent bye week fillin although you’ll want to spot another good WR because your top 3 here are old and fragile.

No real weak spots at any position

The not so great:

Bidding ~12% over market for Kamara really left you short on RB depth and bench spots. Hopefully Henry pans out, otherwise you’re going to have to pray Rahsaad Penny stays injured and Chris Carson can overcome Seattle’s bad offensive line.

Alex Smith is droppable when you have an every week starter like Ryan. James White is frustratingly inconsistent as a bye week fill. Doesn’t John Brown have a cyst on his spine?

So I’d definitely become a waiver wire hawk. Is it FAAB?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Definitely Jason Witten

lol ESPN is so dumb

coronaball posted:

Half this list is players who have retired or are out for the season. Gore is the only one Who has any type of fantasy relevance.

Yep, hence my dilemma. Gore may make sense as a handcuff for me anyway with Drake already on my roster.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Well, I definitely did a thing. GoonTier A 12 team Keeper. .5 PPR. 59 players kept. QB 2RB 2WR TE FLEX LB LB DB DB DL DP
I was picking 2nd:

1.) Saquon Barkley, RB NYG
2.) LeSean McCoy, RB BUF
3.) Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI
4.) Marshawn Lynch, RB OAK
5.) Mike Evans, WR TB (Keeper)
6.) Russell Wilson, QB SEA
7.) Kwon Alexander, LB TB
8.) Randall Cobb, WR GB
9.) Carlos Hyde, RB CLE (Keeper)
10.) Tyler Lockett, WR SEA
11.) David Njoku, TE CLE
12.) Budda Baker, DB ARI
13.) Bernardrick McKinney, LB HOU
14.) Cameron Heyward, DL PIT
15.) Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, DB GB
16.) Bilal Powell, RB NYJ
17.) Wesley Woodyard, LB TEN
18.) Latavius Murray, RB MIN
19.) Mohamed Sanu, WR ATL
20.) Cameron Meredith, WR NO

Barkley was the only 1st round quality player left after keepers, so that was an easy mash. I was surprised Powell was still available in the 16th round.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Just did an NFL.com public draft to get me prepared for my work league tomorrow night. Man was it weird as hell, there were a couple (out of 10) of autodrafters but the majority were drafting and not just going by ADP. There was a run on kickers and defences in round 8 and 9, most teams had TEs and kickers by the 7th etc. etc.

Anyway, this is what I ended up with.

QB: Andrew Luck
RBs: Kareem Hunt, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Carlos Hyde, Kerryon Johnson, CJ Anderson (this one was a misclick on my part and I'll probably be dropping him for someone else week 1).
WRs: TY Hilton, Amari Cooper, Josh Gordon, Alshon Jeffrey, Cooper Kupp
TE: Trey Burton
K: Jake Elliot
Def: Denver Broncos

Pretty happy with it overall (I was drafting 9 of 10). My only slight concern is that my top WRs (Hilton, Cooper, Gordon) are all risky - will Luck be healthy, can Cooper catch a ball, can Gordon put down the weed etc.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

EvilHawk posted:

will Luck be healthy, can Cooper catch a ball, can Gordon put down the weed etc.

2/3 of those are likely. I don't know if Cooper will ever learn to catch a ball.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Thoughts on the best rookie running back for dynasty/keeper purposes? I have the second pick and will not get Saquon. I don't need whoever I pick to necessarily start right away but obviously the sooner the better (I have Hunt/Ajayi/Miller as RB keepers).

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Guice

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

If I had to pick one, I'd pick up Gallman. He's looked good this preseason and is Barkley insurance.

Boosh! fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 30, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
2 qb keeper league with 0.5 PPR, already keeping Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins. The keeper system is weird so without going too deep into the particulars, would you rather:

A.) keep Alex Collins (or Jamaal William, but I'm def leaning Collins) for a 5th
B.) Keep Marvin Jones for free
C.) Keep neither and gain an early 4th round pick?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

2 qb keeper league with 0.5 PPR, already keeping Deshaun Watson and DeAndre Hopkins. The keeper system is weird so without going too deep into the particulars, would you rather:

A.) keep Alex Collins (or Jamaal William, but I'm def leaning Collins) for a 5th

I'd prooooobably rather keep Collins for a 5 than Jones for free, and I'd prefer either of them to a 4.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mikey Purp posted:

Collins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

IllegallySober posted:

Thoughts on the best rookie running back for dynasty/keeper purposes? I have the second pick and will not get Saquon. I don't need whoever I pick to necessarily start right away but obviously the sooner the better (I have Hunt/Ajayi/Miller as RB keepers).

I think an argument can be made for a lot of guys with that second pick.

Rashaad Penny - pros: first round pick. Great agility and acceleration for his size. Cons: Seattle offensive line. Might be a fatty boom ba latty.

Sony Michel - pros: first round pick, electric, big play ability. Cons: new England running back. Already had his knee drained once and the season hasn't started yet.

Nick Chubb - pros: strong north / south runner. Very good college player. Cons: crowded backfield. Also, plays in Cleveland.

Kerryon Johnson - Pros: might be the most talented back on his roster. Cons: that roster is a Lions team that is notorious for being bad at rushing.

Royce Freeman - pros: one of the most productive college players last year. Probably the best back in Denver. Cons: was drafted later than the other top prospects, so might not have as long a leash as them. Also, plays for a bad Broncos offense.

Derrius Guice - pros: no competition on Washington roster. Very good runner. Cons: might be a crazy person. Already missing one ACL.