Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
https://twitter.com/insanelybuff/status/1034952352233648128?s=19

"Got the new Xbox"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wow wouldn't you know it, a lunatic being pedantic over a tweet about someone getting an xbox... shocker

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol I've had my bone for almost exactly one year ago as a backup for when my wife wanted to play PS4 and to check out Forza again, got over gamepass in the time it took for a month trial to end and cancelled live last month because I don't play Madden anymore and everything has a bigger playerbase on playstation. If I was stuck paying 20 dollars a month for this thing and not even a single exclusive game to look forward to for another year I would be livid.

Nobody in this thread outside of a few psychopaths gives a poo poo.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If you were really dedicated to this bit you would've just put an alarm on your phone for 2 months from now to post that you just bought "the new xbox" and see if anyone thinks you meant the S lmfao

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

King Burgundy posted:

I figured there were plenty of folks like you out there, that is who I was thinking the new thing worked out great for.

If I never managed to find a good deal on these things I'd maybe consider it. But it is super easy for me to just have alerts set on something like camelcamelcamel, and once in awhile the price drops, I buy it and enter the code and I'm good for another year. I mean, when talking xbox live specifically, if you paid 10 dollars a month for that rather then the not on sale 60 dollars a year for buying 12 months at a time, you are throwing a new game worth of money away every year.

I do the $60 a year renewal. I've been paying for Xbox live literally since it came out back on the mechassault and Halo 2 days. I only have internet service (which my job pays) and have Hulu and Netflix so paying for gamepass doesn't bother me.
Maybe I'm just so conditioned for paying subscriptions lol?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If you were really dedicated to this bit you would've just put an alarm on your phone for 2 months from now to post that you just bought "the new xbox" and see if anyone thinks you meant the S lmfao

Nobody gives a gently caress what you think dude. Theres some people in here that want to talk about xbox and set up some games and get gamer tags in here. Nobody gives a gently caress about your opinion on anything or how you haven't played xbox in a year or whatever.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Nobody in this thread outside of a few psychopaths gives a poo poo.

all you did buy a bad console, seems a bit harsh to call yourself a psychopath over it.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

BrownieVK posted:

I do the $60 a year renewal. I've been paying for Xbox live literally since it came out back on the mechassault and Halo 2 days. I only have internet service (which my job pays) and have Hulu and Netflix so paying for gamepass doesn't bother me.

We don't have cable but just have 1gig comcast with no cap and Hulu, Prime, and Netflix. I have a subscription to Gamepass and live and just let it auto pay. It works fine.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
My gamertag is DHARMA Horace

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

all you did buy a bad console, seems a bit harsh to call yourself a psychopath over it.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy poo poo, where do you come up with this hilarious stuff?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My gamertag is DHARMA Horace

[everyone scrambling over each other to add this guy https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381&userid=31171 who made 11,680 posts in that thread] HYPE! can't wait to see you on bro! gently caress yeah!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'mma add him later if I think of it

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

He doesn’t get on anymore cause he got bored of madden and intelwife went straight back to ps4 cod. Similar to how the entire halo base quit

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is this like stage 4 irony poisoning

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The only reason I'm ever online is we use it as our TV box because my wife can yell commands at it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The wife and I have been using the Xbox lately to watch Babylon 5 on Amazon Prime.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I keep seeing all this YouTube content on Amazon Prime

I may not renew now that it's $120

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
What's coming up for this thing? I got an X in a work thing awhile ago but I haven't turned it on since AC:O came out. Getting a bit bummed out with the offerings and thinking of selling it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

TheScott2K posted:

The only reason I'm ever online is we use it as our TV box because my wife can yell commands at it

You could just sell it and have her command you to change the channel imo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

The Gunslinger posted:

What's coming up for this thing? I got an X in a work thing awhile ago but I haven't turned it on since AC:O came out. Getting a bit bummed out with the offerings and thinking of selling it.
I'll buy it from you. Going rate according to some of the guys in this thread seems to be somewhere between $100 and $300 so I think you'll find my offer very fair.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BrownieVK posted:

Yeah, I think it is just the availability of easy discounts that makes me do it that way. Its not like I get discounts on Netflix, Prime or HBO.

But I think as more and more subscription services exist that I might be interested in, it certainly makes me question their worth a lot more. Like HBO is very much not worth the extra money I pay for it vs Netflix. It is always on the cusp of being cancelled. If I just had Prime for TV content, they still aren't there yet either, but that one stays a no brainer just because of how much we order from there/etc.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The xbox has the FX app exclusively and I used that to watch Legion and Atlanta so that was nice. That's a good xbone feature and two good tv shows.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

American McGay posted:

I'll buy it from you. Going rate according to some of the guys in this thread seems to be somewhere between $100 and $300 so I think you'll find my offer very fair.

Why don’t you pay him $35 a month for year

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

Forza Horizon 4 is the big fall first party release, if you like racing games. Ubisoft is putting out another AC, this time in ancient Greece, before taking another year off if you want more of that. RDR2, too, if you have any faith left in Rockstar.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

American McGay posted:

I'm in Canada and would probably sell it locally if I decide to do so. Shipping just eats too much money.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ethanol posted:

Why don’t you pay him $35 a month for year
If it comes with a subscription to xbox live gold as well as xbox gamepass I might consider it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

American McGay posted:

If it comes with a subscription to xbox live gold as well as xbox gamepass I might consider it.

So then pay him $35 a month for 2 years

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

Forza Horizon 4 is the big fall first party release, if you like racing games. Ubisoft is putting out another AC, this time in ancient Greece, before taking another year off if you want more of that. RDR2, too, if you have any faith left in Rockstar.

I think I preordered RDR2 for the PS4 awhile ago but have to check on that. I guess I will hang on a bit longer. Getting antsy though, this drought of first party stuff is frustrating.

I'm sure FH4 will be awesome but I'm just totally burned out on racers in general and sold off my racing wheel and other nonsense.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

by astral
Multiplatform owner with no agenda or sponsorship to speak of....

The X1X has filled a nice gap between PC and Ps4. It is impressive gaming at 4k with stable framerates.

As a full time member of the proletarian I only get a few hours to game and am happy with the game choices on the system.

Just jumped back into MW2 and while it is great to get jam all over my grill again it sure is intimidaitng joining a lobby full of level 70 prestigious mofos. Still good memories, good times.

Just needed to say that...as you were goons..

derk
Sep 24, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

I'd cover the shipping costs if i bought it from you.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The Gunslinger posted:

I think I preordered RDR2 for the PS4 awhile ago but have to check on that. I guess I will hang on a bit longer. Getting antsy though, this drought of first party stuff is frustrating.

I'm sure FH4 will be awesome but I'm just totally burned out on racers in general and sold off my racing wheel and other nonsense.

If you have an X and a 4k panel you should absolutely get RDR2 for the X instead.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I used to use PS4 and Xbox for (mostly) exclusive games and get multiplats on PC, but recently I've decided to just get most multiplats on Xbox and save Steam for PC exclusives because Steam sucks and new PC parts are way too pricey and at this point in my life I'd rather spend $600 on a dozen or so good new games than on a new graphics card.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Manac0r posted:

Multiplatform owner with no agenda or sponsorship to speak of....

The X1X has filled a nice gap between PC and Ps4. It is impressive gaming at 4k with stable framerates.

As a full time member of the proletarian I only get a few hours to game and am happy with the game choices on the system.

Just jumped back into MW2 and while it is great to get jam all over my grill again it sure is intimidaitng joining a lobby full of level 70 prestigious mofos. Still good memories, good times.

Just needed to say that...as you were goons..

:cheers:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I used to use PS4 and Xbox for (mostly) exclusive games and get multiplats on PC, but recently I've decided to just get most multiplats on Xbox and save Steam for PC exclusives because Steam sucks and new PC parts are way too pricey and at this point in my life I'd rather spend $600 on a dozen or so good new games than on a new graphics card.

:cheers: Xbox Stays Winning :cheers:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Pretty much this. Looking at the new Nvidia GTX 2000 series, the cards start at around $750.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GPU prices are still loving bonkers I don't care what anyone says

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

derk posted:

I'd cover the shipping costs if i bought it from you.

Fair warning, you get charged far out the rear end for Canada-US electronics, at least from the US to Canada you do, so budget accordingly if you do this.

The Gunslinger posted:

As far as likely graphical powerhouses you're mainly looking at RDR2 (will have some form of multiplayer), Hitman 2 (SP only I think?), rear end Creed Odyssey (SP only I think), Forza Horizon 4 (SP and MP), the new Metro (SP only I think), Anthem (MP), eventually Cyberpunk 2077 (SP only). I guess there's also Battlefield V, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Black Ops 4, Rage 2, and Fallout 76 in the pipeline, if those are your thing.

Lesser offerings from there would be spworts titles of various non-baseball shades and SoulCalibur 6, but given how the fighting game community is shaping up there's a high chance this won't have meaningful X enhancements since Tekken 7 had none.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Stop posting about other posters, please. Last time I will request this.
It goes for everyone.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

GPU prices are still loving bonkers I don't care what anyone says

This we can all agree on. gently caress every idiot whoever suggested PC gaming was more cost-effective than console gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

univbee posted:

This we can all agree on. gently caress every idiot whoever suggested PC gaming was more cost-effective than console gaming.

There were a few magical years here and there