Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Because main games should be outsourced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Junkie Disease posted:

Because main games should be outsourced

Remakes can be!

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

nachos posted:

Into the breach just came out

Yep, that answered my question for me! Into the breach is my jam

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we have FTL too

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

.TakaM posted:

Night in the Woods was alright, there's not really anything to the gameplay but the story, characters, and dialog are great. It didn't run perfectly but it didn't run badly either, plus it doesn't really matter since the gameplay isn't important.

Maybe you'll like Crossing Souls?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqfw3CSlsQA
I think I'm about halfway and I've enjoyed it quite a bit

I just finished Night in the Woods last night, and honestly, I don’t really get the appeal. The writing was good but the story wasn’t. It had a lot more potential than the final product.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bowmore posted:

can we have FTL too

How would this control without the touch screen? Or would it be like that one game that came out that requires touch screen only.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Aug 30, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Football Frenzy - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“FOOTBALL FRENZY” is a sports game released by SNK in 1992. Select from one of ten individual teams and compete to win the championship. A variety of formations allows for countless play patterns and extremely realistic games. A two-player versus mode is also available.

Arcade Archives ARGUS - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“ARGUS” is a shooting game released by JALECO in 1986. Fly an aircraft with anti-air and anti-ground guns and use the power-ups available to destroy the flying fortress Mega Argus. Each stage features different equipment and a landing sequence at the end of the stage.

Azure Reflections - $ ? / £19.99 / €24.99 (Aug 31)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Now on the Nintendo Switch: A side-scrolling bullet hell fangame based on one of the hottest shooting game series to come out of Japan, the Touhou Project! Enemies come at you from all directions with relentless hails of bullets! Fight back with a well-timed Danmaku Rush to tear your way through bullets and enemies alike!

Blade Strangers - $39.99 / £35.99 / €39.99 (Aug 31)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Developed by Studio Saizensen, Blade Strangers is a hardcore old-school fighting game. The streamlined four-button control scheme makes it easy for beginners to deal out damage from day one…but the intricate combos, counters and specials give tournament-caliber players plenty of opportunities for frame counting, chain construction and hit-box science.

Chiki-Chiki Boxy Racers - $ ? / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Drift like a pro with easy analog stick controls! The intuitive party battle mode offers fun for everyone. Play wherever you are, any time! A mode with separate steering and accelerating/braking controls is also available. Compete with up to 8 players in multiplayer mode!

de Blob 2 - $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99 (Aug 28)
In de Blob 2 Comrade Black and the Inkies are back with a whole new plot to rid the world of color. With all-new help from Papa Blanc and his followers the Blancs, Blob and his friends will have their work cut out for them bringing color back to the citizens of Prisma City.

Fall of Light: Darkest Edition - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fall of Light is a story-driven action RPG set within a world consumed by darkness. You are Nyx, an old warrior who has embarked on a dangerous journey with his daughter, Aether, an ‘indigo child’ who radiates luminescence. Only together will they be strong enough to complete their quest: reach the last place on Earth still touched by sunlight.

Freedom Planet - $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Freedom Planet is a fast-paced combat-driven platform adventure that pits a spunky dragon girl and her friends against hostile foreign powers and alien attack forces. There's trouble around every turn, from insects to giant robots to sheer explosive destruction, but players will have a variety of special fighting abilities at their disposal to blast through more than a dozen massive, nonlinear stages. The campaign may be played through as Lilac, Carol, or the unlockable Milla, each of whom has completely unique gameplay mechanics, an altered story mode in which the selected character takes the lead, and even a few of her own unique stages.

Gnomes Garden 3: The Thief of Castles - $ ? / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The gnome princess has finally come home. She managed to make peace with the trolls and befriend their queen, but at home evil was afoot: a warlock collector stole the gnome monarch’s castle along with the royal family! The princess must gather a team and set off on a new adventure to save her loved ones!

God Wars: The Complete Legend - $39.99 / £35.99 / €39.99 (Sep 4 NA / Aug 31 EU)
GOD WARS The Complete Legend is a tactical RPG that explores the untold history of Japan through folklore and tactical combat. Discover the secret pasts and ultimate destinies of Kaguya and her friends inside the "Labyrinth of Yomi."

Haunted Dungeons: Hyakki Castle - $13.99 / £10.99 / €11.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Form your party (a group of secret agents) from among four races: Human, Oni, Tengu, and Nekomata. Then conquer the terrifying and mysterious Yokai-filled castle!

Into the Breach - $14.99 / £11.39 / €14.99 (Aug 28)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The remnants of human civilization are threatened by gigantic creatures breeding beneath the earth. You must control powerful mechs from the future to hold off this alien threat. Each attempt to save the world presents a new randomly generated challenge in this turn-based strategy game from the makers of FTL.

The Messenger - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world, to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan’s survival. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.

Mini Metro - $9.99 / £7.49 / €8.49
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In Mini Metro, you take on the task of designing the subway layout for a rapidly expanding city. Your city starts with three stations. Draw routes between these stations to connect them with subway lines. Commuters travel along your lines to get around the city as fast as they can. Each station can only hold a handful of waiting commuters so your subway network will need to be well-designed to avoid delays.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Aug 28)
Hunting season is OPEN! This critically acclaimed action RPG series makes its debut on Nintendo Switch. Take on epic hunts on the go or from the comfort of your own home! Choose from 14 different weapon types, mix and match them with unique Hunting Styles and Hunter Arts, or even play as an adorable but ferocious Felyne in Prowler Mode! Featuring the largest cast of monsters for any game in the series, from returning fan favourites to mysterious never-before-seen monsters!

Phantaruk - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Phantaruk combines survival horror with adventure and stealth mechanics. Expect true shivers down your spine as you fight for your life. You board the spaceship Purity-­02 – prime complex of the H+ Corporation. The dream shatters to a nightmare when you realize what has become of Purity­-02. Once a research vessel, it has turned into a deadly, deserted trap. To flee Purity-02 you have to investigate the mysteries of the ship. With every passing minute the chances of survival grow slim.

Realpolitiks - $24.99 / £22.49 / €24.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Realpolitiks is a streamlined real-time grand strategy game that allows you to become the leader of any contemporary nation. Dive deep into the issues of the modern world, with its current geopolitical borders, using your country’s power and economic strength to engage in military conflicts and international affairs. Choose your own method of coping with other nations' interests, unexpected events, global threats and various crises. Deal with the disintegration of the European Union, terrorism, the aftermath of World War III and many other real and fictional scenarios.

Victor Vran Overkill Edition - $39.99 / £35.99 / €39.99 (Aug 28)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Become Victor, hunter of demons. Forge your own hero on a quest to liberate the cursed city of Zagoravia. Explore ‘Motörhead: Through the Ages’ - a wild tour through the mythos of the loudest band in the world, and enter the Fractured Worlds, a dimension formed from the fragments of broken realms.

The VideoKid - $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.39
Digital - [NA] [EU]
It's the 1980's. The Kid needed to earn some cash to take his girlfriend out. So by delivering pirate video tapes to his customers and staying one step in front of the cops, he quickly became... The Videokid. Running the gauntlet of his bogusly dangerous delivery route, The VideoKid must survive against all the odds to reach his beloved Jessica. Is today the day he'll finally reach her in time?

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $24.99 / £19.99 / €24.99 (Aug 7 NA / Aug 28 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play as Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who has been given a second chance at life in a world devastated by the undead. With corpses returning to life and survivors stopping at nothing to maintain their own safety, protecting an orphaned girl named Clementine may offer him redemption in a world gone to hell.

The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Season Pass - $19.99 / £18.99 / €23.99 (Aug 13 NA / Aug 28 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
After years on the road facing threats both living and dead, a secluded school might finally be Clementine’s chance for a home. But protecting it will mean sacrifice. In this gripping, emotional final season, your choices will define your relationships and determine how Clementine’s story ends.

Western 1849 Reloaded - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (Aug 29)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Back in 1849, when the West was Wild and gunslingers faced off on the street, gold was discovered in the sleepy town of Sunset Bluff. Like a coyote drawn to the scent of blood, the Quicksilver Bandits rode into town to seize the mines and establish the law of the gun. The helpless citizens have suffered, and now they're looking to you, their savior. Draw your weapons! It is time to clear Sunset Bluff of the bloodthirsty vermin!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Final Shovel Knight DLC, the Showdown Mode, and the amiibo 3-pack all hit April 9, 2019

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

How would this control without the touch screen? Or would it be like that one game that came out that requires touch screen only.

I play FTL on Steam with the Steam controller, it works fine.

It wasn't originally a touchscreen game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Walking Dead seasons 1 and... 3? :confuoot:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Technically that's season 4, since A New Frontier was the third they put out.

And yeah, odd that they're doing the release that way. I guess it's because their porting team was already slogging away on Final, and the First was last-gen and an older engine and thus easier and faster to get on Switch?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Bought mini metro on Android for family library and it's half the price. Gonna grab football frenzy today. After super sidekicks 3, I'm hooked on these arcade sports games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Agent Escalus posted:

Technically that's season 4, since A New Frontier was the third they put out.

And yeah, odd that they're doing the release that way. I guess it's because their porting team was already slogging away on Final, and the First was last-gen and an older engine and thus easier and faster to get on Switch?

Nooo. Older engines are generally harder to get working on modern consoles, because they don't recognise all those new-fangled functions and class calls that have been rebuilt and optimized since their day :corsair:. Plus seasons 1 and 2 are on the same engine, so there's zero reason that one should be released but not the other.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monster hunter baby!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Monster hunter baby!

They're called Palicoes.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So at least in Europe, My Nintendo has four 3DS indie games as rewards for gold points now: Severed, Mighty Switch Force 2, Noitu Love: Devolution and Radiohammer. And note: I grabbed Severed (150 golds), and since it's cross-buy with Wii U, redeeming the reward code does also let you download it on Wii U. So that's cool.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nooo. Older engines are generally harder to get working on modern consoles, because they don't recognise all those new-fangled functions and class calls that have been rebuilt and optimized since their day :corsair:. Plus seasons 1 and 2 are on the same engine, so there's zero reason that one should be released but not the other.
Other than porting takes time, sure.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

Other than porting takes time, sure.

That's not it. Not like you think, anyway. If there's a working iteration of the engine on the platform, both games are simultaneously a good ways towards being release-ready because most of the bugs found would be communal between the two games. Obviously they still need testing for unique foibles and weird edge-cases, but it's not like they're each separately being redone from the ground up. There's simply no good reason to just hold off on season 2 yet release 1 and 3.

What makes porting take a lot of time is when its older titles specifically built for a console that were fundamentally just never meant for x86 architecture.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The engine working on the Switch does not mean the games will magically work and can be just released without any testing, and there's no guarantee that any bugs in one will automatically be in the other.

It's possible of course that Telltale also wanted to stagger the releases, like the Banner Saga people did. The 3 games were released close together so they were all obviously ready to go at or near the same time. I think TWD Season 1 and Final Season came out a week apart in NA, they've just been released the same week in Europe, probably because of certification.

This whole narrative of "Well they have an engine so all they have to do is click a button and presto" is just so terrible. Guarantee you that the same people also complain about devs rushing out buggy releases.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's simply no good reason to just hold off on season 2 yet release 1 and 3.

Switch got seasons 1 and 4. "The Final Season" is season 4. "A New Frontier" was 3.

Zat fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 31, 2018

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

All I want to know is if Seasons 2 and 3, specifically the latter will show up? We've done the first two, but we won't do the fourth without the third.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can I start season 4 from a a save on PC?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
That's the idea behind having a Telltale account with its cloud feature, so probably. You'll want to check their site to make sure the Switch ports have the feature up and running at this point.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there any way of seeing a list of what I own digitally on WiiU?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sakurazuka posted:

Is there any way of seeing a list of what I own digitally on WiiU?

Try entering the eShop and looking at the list of redownloadable titles.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is Afterbirth+ worth it at $20?

I thought it was getting bloated by the first expansion (which is when i last played Isaac) but hey, it is still packed with content.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

voltcatfish posted:

is Afterbirth+ worth it at $20?

I thought it was getting bloated by the first expansion (which is when i last played Isaac) but hey, it is still packed with content.

Absolutely. I think most of the new content isn’t that great but just having a great running complete version of the game that can be portable is fantastic.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

Absolutely. I think most of the new content isn’t that great but just having a great running complete version of the game that can be portable is fantastic.

did they add DLC to the Switch version? (if so do I have to download the dlc manually or does it come in an auto update) I only played it around launch and a few months after.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Spacebump posted:

did they add DLC to the Switch version? (if so do I have to download the dlc manually or does it come in an auto update) I only played it around launch and a few months after.

It's missing the last couple small updates, but it otherwise has everything and the last bits are coming "sometime"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yeah seems like Switch has everything except Booster packs 4 and 5 which are "coming"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

voltcatfish posted:

Yeah seems like Switch has everything except Booster packs 4 and 5 which are "coming"

There’s also another expansion coming that supposedly coming to consoles too, including Switch.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

SeANMcBAY posted:

There’s also another expansion coming that supposedly coming to consoles too, including Switch.

It’s called “Redemption” and they are still in early dev, so don’t expect it for a while.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fremry posted:

It’s called “Redemption” and they are still in early dev, so don’t expect it for a while.

And knowing them, it’ll be a quite a gap between it coming out on PC and consoles.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'M BACK

I think some poo poo came out in September but w/e, you guys can figure it out.

This week's drop (all releases Oct 4, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Zupapa! - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Zupapa! is an action game released by SNK in 2001. Manipulate the brave young Zupapa and Zupipi to save the Zucco who were taken by someone! Please enjoy!

Animated Jigsaws: Japanese Women - $9.99 / £7.99 / €8.99 (Oct 5)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Complete moving jigsaw puzzles alone or team up with friends and finish them together!

Batman: The Enemy Within - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 2 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In this latest chapter from the award-winning studio behind Batman - The Telltale Series, both Bruce Wayne and Batman will be forced into precarious new roles. The Riddler has returned to terrorize Gotham City, but his gruesome puzzles merely foreshadow an even greater crisis. With the arrival of a ruthless federal agent and the return of a still nascent Joker, Batman must navigate uneasy alliances while Bruce Wayne undertakes a perilous series of deceptions. Which of Batman’s new allies will you choose to trust? And how deep into the darkness will you let Bruce descend? Includes access to all five episodes in this all-new season from the award-winning studio, Telltale Games.

Frutakia 2 - $3.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Frutakia is back and better than ever! Match 3 or more fruits and level up! Go ahead and move any row up or down! We dare you to discover its ultra-addictive gameplay, play once and that’s it... Simple and smart gameplay, ideal for short periods of time, like buses, trains.

Gaokao.Love.100Days - $11.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Sep 24 NA / Oct 1)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This is a dating simulation game based on Chinese students' real life. You can have romantic relationships with classmates, but remember that you have just 100 days while preparing for the “Gaokao” (National College Entrance Exam), the exam that may change your destiny. Keep a balance between score and romance, or just drop one and see what would happen. There are over 10 story lines and will lead to more than 50 endings.

Hot Gimmick Cosplay-jong - $20.00 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 4 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Psikyo is coming back!! The No.1 Mahjong arcade game is coming back to Nintendo Switch! The basic mode is playing with NPC. Of course, you are able to enjoy one mahjong after another with girl.

Jettomero: Hero of the Universe - $13.00 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Play as Jettomero, a giant, indestructible, and incredibly clumsy robot determined to save the human race. Explore a procedurally generated universe by flying through space and landing on planets while trying not to destroy everything in your path. Relax as you blast through the cosmos on a hero's uncertain quest. Will you ever save the humans? Jettomero offers a unique and charming experience for players of all backgrounds.

Kemono Friends Picross - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Picross now has KEMONO FRIENDS! Now you can make dot pictures of cute Friends. There are 300 Picross and Mega-Picross puzzles! Plus Clip Picross, where you solve puzzle pieces to complete an image. Help functions and tutorials to help new players. Friends will appear in the Gallery when you clear a puzzle. Mimamori Friends watch over your progress in the corner of the screen. KEMONO FRIENDS PICROSS, filled with the world of KEMONO FRIENDS! Give it a try! *Not compatible with the Touch Screen.

Mega Man 11 - $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 (Oct 2)
The eleventh entry in this global multi-million-selling series blends classic challenging 2D platforming action with a fresh new visual style. The new double-gear system lets you boost Mega Man's speed and power for a new twist on the satisfying gameplay the series is known for. A variety of difficulty modes makes this the perfect opportunity to experience Mega Man for the first time! The game features a variety of extra modes including time trials and missions, global leaderbords, a gallery of concept art and more!

The Midnight Sanctuary - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A curious, haunting tale. Is it salvation which the Saint who descended into this isolated village brings... or is it the end of things? An occult horror visual novel wrought by mystical visuals & talented voice artists.

oOo: Ascension - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Indie arcade hit oOo: Ascension is out on Nintendo Switch! Navigate your ship through short but ferociously difficult levels in the shortest time possible without touching any walls, spinning blades, lasers or countless other hazards that will try to destroy you in the process. oOo: Ascension revisits the ramping difficulty of old-school arcade games, whereby each challenge CAN be completed in a matter of seconds - however doing so ranges in difficulty from hard to straight-up rage-inducing.

Party Crashers - $15.00 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fast-paced battle-racing with a retro-future aesthetic for 1–4 players*. With over 50 included game modes and almost endless customisation, Party Crashers is amazingly fun out-of-the-box, and then let’s you create your own fun. Crash your way through varied game modes inspired by decades of racing games.

Revenant Dogma - $12.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
What is the fate of those who have acquired divine power? Discover it in a fantasy RPG featuring stunning 3D battles! Caine enters a ruins site in search of a feral relic said to be left behind by the gods and meets a mysterious girl in a mask. This strange encounter becomes the catalyst of a grand scheme that will change the worlds of humans and therians. Will this new-found power lead to prosperity or destruction?

Six Sides of the World - $8.00 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“Six Sides of the World” is a puzzle videogame that takes you into an intergalactic journey through different star systems riddled with brain-racking challenges. Spatial orientation, logic and pure wit will be your weapons to go through the different cube shaped planetary systems. Each level will bring the threats to a whole new level, adding all kinds of sci-fi hazards: from portals to laser beams. You will need to carefully analyze each cubic planet to understand its dangers and potential solutions. Rushing might lead you to death: it’s all about breaking down each puzzle and finding the right pace.

Soulblight - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [[url=https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/soulblight-switchNA[/url]] [EU]
Soulblight is a dark, unforgiving, top-down action roguelike luring you to cross the thin line between good and evil. Instead of XP grinding, it introduces a Tainting Mechanics. While traveling through the shattered reality of the Sanctuary, you will receive personality traits based on your choices. These will be the main source of your strength. To harness them, you will have to act accordingly. Becoming an alcoholic means that you will be rewarded for getting drunk, but from that point being sober might prove to be unbearable.

Splash Blast Panic - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Ruin your friendships with some jetpack and watergun mayhem! SPLASH BLAST PANIC is a multiplayer competitive party game where you must shoot, ram, dodge and overall bully your opponents outside the screen with a variety of watergun-based weaponry. Inspired by old arcade titles as well as newer competitive party games, ruin all your friendships in a variety of stages.

Super Mario Party - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Oct 5)
The Mario Party series is coming to the Nintendo Switch system with super-charged fun for everyone! The original board game style has been kicked up a notch with deeper strategic elements, like specific Dice Blocks for each character. The game also introduces all-new ways to play, including Joy-Con controller enabled minigames, and new modes to enjoy with family and friends. Board game play goes back to the four-player basics as you take turns and race across the board searching for Stars. You can also pair up two Nintendo Switch systems and delight in this dynamic play style, such as in the new Toad’s Rec Room mode. And, for the first time ever in the series, test your skills against other Mario Party fans in a new online minigame mode.

Trouserheart - $7.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Unsheathe your sword and journey through a realm filled with monsters, traps and treasures! Defeat monster mobs, slay bosses, hoard treasure and upgrade your sword, shield and armor. Follow your trousers to the world's end and claim what is rightfully yours! Trouserheart is all about fun, instantly accessible, pick up and play hack'n'slash gameplay with playful art style and humorous tone. The game offers two difficulty levels and even an optional perma-death mode for the bravest of adventurers!

True Fear: Forsaken Souls - Part 1 - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 3)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
True Fear: Forsaken Souls combines the best of the psychological thriller with intuitive gameplay mechanics for a mind-bending mystery escape game. If you're looking for a horror game that doesn’t sacrifice the story, this is the game for you! Skeptical that a point and click adventure can be compelling or scary? Try the free demo!

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (Oct 2)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Run your own fantasy RPG academy! Oversee the development of your hero school, build structures, upgrade facilities, and manage the day-to-day activities of your students. Train your warrior, mage, and ranger students to hone their abilities and unlock powerful sub-classes such as paladin, scholar, harlequin and more! Deploy students on timed errand missions across the world or head out to take on quests with your own squad to experience the adventure first-hand. Use powerful skills and cast explosive spells in real-time combat with a party of four students.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Vertical Drop Heroes is a procedural platformer RPG hybrid with roguelike elements, where your hero adventures through randomly generated stages. Armed with a variety of skills and traits, you must use your cunning and reflexes to survive the dangers of each stage, until you face the final boss and uncover the truth behind the game!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I was wondering where you went. Good to have you back anyhow.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I changed jobs and went on a short holiday in between my old one and my new one. :shobon:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Is there way more poo poo coming out NA only, or do you just not have prices for those games in other regions yet?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

There's just no pages up on the web shop in EU yet as far as I can see. Sometimes they don't go up until later on Thursday, or even Friday. Usually games will be released on the same day in both regions, but sometimes there are still weird gaps. It's definitely better than it was in the WiiU/3DS days though.

It doesn't matter as much anyway since it's trivial to set up an NA account and buy something from that shop.

Does anyone know if Batman: The Enemy Within is up on the EU eShop? I don't have my Switch handy. It's not up on the web eShop in EU.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 4, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Buying Kemono Friends Picross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

elf help book posted:

Buying Kemono Friends Picross

:same: