Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
xqc is what happens when parents fail to recognize insanely obvious ADHD in their child, and leave him to be raised by Online in their frustration since that, at least, seems to keep him busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The only OW streamer worth watching is Surefour, because he's incredibly talented and chill as gently caress

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

ShriekingMarxist posted:

The only OW streamer worth watching is Surefour, because he's incredibly talented and chill as gently caress

By that criteria, Wraxu, Seagull and our very own Blinky are all worth watching too.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Kamikaze Raider posted:

By that criteria, Wraxu, Seagull and our very own Blinky are all worth watching too.

mL7 is extremely good and he's very chill. He main's Ana and will sometimes do full map breakdowns of how to play her and WHY you want to play her that way, all while walking around the map and showing you as he's telling you. Extremely informative.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Fitzyhere is my favorite OW streamer because he's positive and fun, but acts mature and not like a screaming child. Plus it's fun to watch the sort of shenanigans the best Sombra player in NA gets up to (hint: mostly making Rein players cry).

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

nickhimself posted:

mL7 is extremely good and he's very chill. He main's Ana and will sometimes do full map breakdowns of how to play her and WHY you want to play her that way, all while walking around the map and showing you as he's telling you. Extremely informative.

Tell me more. Ana is my favorite character but I'm only decent with her.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I watch Seagull, EvilToaster, Blinky, Fareeha, Surefour, Fran, Emongg, harbleu, and hoonmaru the most. I think Blinky, Seagull and Toaster are my favorites though because they do 'educational' streams and I learn a lot about positioning and what I should be paying attention to and whatnot from them. I went from silver to plat over 2 seasons and I don't think my mechanics have really changed much, I think I am just smarter about where I play, when to engage, when to run away, and having a better idea of which fights to take depending on who I am playing as.

I don't know mL7 but if you like watching Ana, pakman, I suggest Fran's stream (she's on right now even), she's an Ana/Zen main (although it's offseason so she's kind of just playing whatever)

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I wish. Every opinion on xqc from videos and streamers I've seen has been supportive to neutral.

No, I mean more like "X is loving broken, blizzard are hacks and only morons play X" or "5 things that blizzard STILL HASN'T FIXED!!!!! !!!!" or "Overwatch is a terrible game, and here's why" It's all clickbaity garbage made by angry boys and it's just tiresome.

That's just all internet culture now, an endless barrage of insufferable assholes complaining about everything endlessly.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for all the streamers to check out, here's a couple I didn't see mentioned:

Vale, top 500 mercy main, always positive/non-toxic and chill, and probably the cutest emotes on twitch :3:
https://www.twitch.tv/vale

Barcode, chill and laid back, good tunes playing, and an incredible hitscan player
https://www.twitch.tv/barcode_ow

Also Muma, from the Outlaws, which has taught me a poo poo ton about tanking.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I find Wraxu or calvin more entertaining than Surefour in general, but i would recommend everyone watch Surefure at least once because watching his cursor when he's playing Tracer is just bizarre. It does not look natural.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah his tracking is insane, it literally looks like bot aim at times.

Also his retching noise whenever he dies in a stupid way cracks me up every time because I'm stupid.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No Wave posted:

I find Wraxu or calvin more entertaining than Surefour in general, but i would recommend everyone watch Surefure at least once because watching his cursor when he's playing Tracer is just bizarre. It does not look natural.

Hence all those old botting accusations, which were allayed when Surefour finally admitted he was actually a robot irl

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Can't believe Jayne hasn't been mentioned yet. Another excellent educational streamer, very upbeat and cordial with everyone and frequently does vod reviews

Max Awfuls posted:

That's just all internet culture now, an endless barrage of insufferable assholes complaining about everything endlessly.

You have a point

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Xarbala posted:

Hence all those old botting accusations, which were allayed when Surefour finally admitted he was actually a robot irl
Yeah it's so different from everyone else even other top tracers. Some kind of genetic anomaly i guess.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

he's on the canadian team because he's canadian

actually he should be on the québécois team :quebec:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Surefour is nasty but I think Dafran has the best tracking I've seen. It's absurd how good his aim is.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Yeah Dafran's insane but his stream can go from enjoyable to "why the gently caress is this on my tv" in no time. And that's not a rare occurrence.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Thanks for the tip about using Mercy's ult to shoot people. It's kind of funny that it's usually good for a couple picks at my level of play. Either flying straight at them and shooting or just going behind them and hovering and shooting, either way seems to rarely be countered.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I mean, an ulting Mercy is all but invincible, and you generally can't escape from her since she can fly and is twice as fast as anyone else. And her gun is pretty okay to begin with.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wait, there are even better hitscan players than iddqd?

Because when I watch him play, I regularly catch myself crying out "witchcraft".

Also, event is ending today. Are we doing this or what?
Got everything but LacrossHog, but considering my most recent box cointained Catcher Winston, I guess I'm done for now.

Edit: Whoa, made it to endorsement level 4. That was quicker than expected.
Is there any info on how the decay works? Frankly, I want to take a break now after the event, but this carrot in front of my face is tempting.

How long can you get off the hamster wheel without losing endorsemet points?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 31, 2018

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv4rAD_6PVI

Was playing Mystery Heroes and the other team had two Mercys. Handled it. :v:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

megane posted:

I mean, an ulting Mercy is all but invincible, and you generally can't escape from her since she can fly and is twice as fast as anyone else. And her gun is pretty okay to begin with.

I quit JUST before they changed it from huge res (or maybe right after) so this whole thing is brand new to me.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

megane posted:

With lower level hitscan people you're also basically invisible. Like you can duck down and rez someone and not be contested because your opponents think they can't hit you for 15s.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Wait, there are even better hitscan players than iddqd?

Because when I watch him play, I regularly catch myself crying out "witchcraft".

Also, event is ending today. Are we doing this or what?
Got everything but LacrossHog, but considering my most recent box cointained Catcher Winston, I guess I'm done for now.

Edit: Whoa, made it to endorsement level 4. That was quicker than expected.
Is there any info on how the decay works? Frankly, I want to take a break now after the event, but this carrot in front of my face is tempting.

How long can you get off the hamster wheel without losing endorsemet points?

mere hours. I bounce between 3/4 every day

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

mere hours. I bounce between 3/4 every day

I don't think it has much to do with match playing frequency, it's just that when you're level 4 the system is rather unforgiving if you don't get endorsements in any given game, a couple of games without endorsements will almost inevitably lead you to drop, which sucks when you are in a good group or playing with friends and everybody has already doled out endorsements for the run sou you can't get any in the match unless the enemy team is feeling oddly generous. Also, getting reported will drop you, even if there is nothing to it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Max Awfuls posted:

I don't think it has much to do with match playing frequency, it's just that when you're level 4 the system is rather unforgiving if you don't get endorsements in any given game, a couple of games without endorsements will almost inevitably lead you to drop,

A couple days ago I dropped from level 4 to level 3 after three straight games of getting two endorsements each. :iiam: This also came after a few days of not getting many endorsements since I was playing late at night with a few drinks in me, but I stayed level 4 throughout.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

A couple days ago I dropped from level 4 to level 3 after three straight games of getting two endorsements each. :iiam: This also came after a few days of not getting many endorsements since I was playing late at night with a few drinks in me, but I stayed level 4 throughout.

It's happenned to me too, I've been downgraded the right moment I'm receiving endorsements. I'm going to guess you need a minimum amount of endorsements for a certain number of games to maintain your level. Either that or some rear end in a top hat just reported you out of nowhere.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I have a problem where I start the game and I get to the main menu, but then the screen freezes for like 5-15 seconds, and it says it's, like, disconnected or can't connect to the game. Then it provides me with an in-game login/password prompt. I've had this happen to me almost every time I've tried to boot the game for the past couple months. I haven't really looked into it because :effort: and I wasn't really caring to play that much, just every few weeks I tried to start the game because I wanted to drop in and maybe play a match or two. Anyway, today I tried the very genius debugging strategy of "try to log in from that weird in-game prompt", which I'd never tried before. Lo and behold, it works! Any of you had this issue before?

SurelyForth
May 21, 2007

I decided this would be the season that I actually participate in voice comms instead of sitting in silence or just muting everyone. Even doing my placements on the first day, on the weekend, and during the drunken hours, I went 9-1 and was placed in (very low) Plat for the first time ever. While I think a lot of it was having the luck to end up with decent teammates in general, I had a few calls that saved our butts and made a few good swaps based on teammate feedback. Also, one match we had a dude who talked the entire game, but it was like Overwatch shotcalling as slam poetry and it was extremely effective, even though I'm pretty sure he was stoned out of his mind.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
I've literally lost 4 and gained 4 in the same game. i hadent gotten endorsed in 2 or 3 games and then in the 4th game i got 4 endorsements and went back to 4

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I have a problem where I start the game and I get to the main menu, but then the screen freezes for like 5-15 seconds, and it says it's, like, disconnected or can't connect to the game. Then it provides me with an in-game login/password prompt. I've had this happen to me almost every time I've tried to boot the game for the past couple months. I haven't really looked into it because :effort: and I wasn't really caring to play that much, just every few weeks I tried to start the game because I wanted to drop in and maybe play a match or two. Anyway, today I tried the very genius debugging strategy of "try to log in from that weird in-game prompt", which I'd never tried before. Lo and behold, it works! Any of you had this issue before?

Does the blizz launcher say you're connected in the upper right-hand corner before you hit "play" to launch the game?

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Dimestore Merlin posted:

Does the blizz launcher say you're connected in the upper right-hand corner before you hit "play" to launch the game?

Was gonna post this. I get network goofs sometimes (our WiFi I guess) and I just exit out of the game when I see the login prompt, tell the launcher to try logging in again, then relaunch the game and it works fine.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I joined an LFG group that specified voice chat in the lobby title. I joined, happy to be with fellow mic-lovers, was friendly, and someone immediately asked if I was being friendly because I got warned for toxicity?

The Internet has made it impossible for some people to identify genuinely nice people.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

I joined an LFG group that specified voice chat in the lobby title. I joined, happy to be with fellow mic-lovers, was friendly, and someone immediately asked if I was being friendly because I got warned for toxicity?

The Internet has made it impossible for some people to identify genuinely nice people.

Not that person.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Are there less slam pick genjis these days? In my last to weeks of playing i really have seen him much on either team.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

pakman posted:

Are there less slam pick genjis these days? In my last to weeks of playing i really have seen him much on either team.

Genji Pickers have been getting absolutely shitsocked by Brig and even Genji Pickers would rather win than lose, generally.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Dimestore Merlin posted:

Killing Loaf posted:

Was gonna post this. I get network goofs sometimes (our WiFi I guess) and I just exit out of the game when I see the login prompt, tell the launcher to try logging in again, then relaunch the game and it works fine.

I haven't kept like a spreadsheet of every time I attempt to launch the game. However I'm pretty sure it's not this. It's not something I religiously check every time I start the Blizzard launcher, but I am aware of it, and I feel like when it says "offline" or whatever I usually catch myself before launching the game.

e: anecdotal here, but i did just try and launch the game. it definitely said i was online, and the game did the exact same thing as before. i didn't try logging in from the in-game prompt but the behavior is consistent with how it's been working for a while.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 1, 2018

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I haven't kept like a spreadsheet of every time I attempt to launch the game. However I'm pretty sure it's not this. It's not something I religiously check every time I start the Blizzard launcher, but I am aware of it, and I feel like when it says "offline" or whatever I usually catch myself before launching the game.

e: anecdotal here, but i did just try and launch the game. it definitely said i was online, and the game did the exact same thing as before. i didn't try logging in from the in-game prompt but the behavior is consistent with how it's been working for a while.

Do the usual stuff (update drivers, scan and repair game files, etc). How fast do you load into matches?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I have totally given up on Comp, a friend did some comp at the weekend on XBox, out of 5 placement matches they won 1 and all the rest had leavers.

I now log on each week, get 9 wins on Mystery Hero then play quickplay on Moira until the arcade resets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

TheresaJayne posted:

I now log on each week, get 9 wins on Mystery Hero then play quickplay on Moira until the arcade resets.

This is exactly how I play too. Gotta get my 1 blue item shitboxes but the only arcade I like is MH. Until MH gets frustrating in that way only MH can.