Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

zoux posted:

I'm confused because she's running as a D, and I did a quick google search for "Brianna Wu GOP Donations" but couldn't find anything. Do you have a link?

There is a link in the article I linked earlier in the comments where someone posted the references for that bit (fourth comment down).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

biracial bear for uncut posted:

There is a link in the article I linked earlier in the comments where someone posted the references for that bit (fourth comment down).

Oh it was about the firebombed GOP office thing. That's a reach. People did that in support of "civility politics" which, you know whatever, but it's hardly an endorsement of the loving NC bathroom bill. They weren't saying "gently caress trans people" they were saying "we think it's wrong to firebomb people who we disagree with politically."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Not to derail this even further, but Hardwick was found innocent by both the networks he represents, so calling him a rapist just because you choose to believe one side over another a bit extreme..

Ah yeds let me show you how to post and not derail even further in future

New Leaf posted:

Not to derail this even further,

walla

Pick posted:

e: whoops, sorry Emmy didn't see your post before reply

blessed post

Chris Harwick is definitely a piece of poo poo however the funny pcitures thread is not the venu for this conversation for this so please move on. I will read back through the posts in case aything particularlly vile occurred namaste and shut the gently caress up

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress? That guy just said that he has been banned from multiple sphynx cat Facebook groups, and everybody is just arguing about Wil Wheaton like it was no big deal. I'm sorry, but that kind of revelation is the sort of thing that changes the topic of conversation.

Seriously, more people need to know about the machinations of the Sphinx Exclusionary Radical Felinists (SERFs). They're worse than the Illuminati in many subtle ways.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Do attachments work? Imgur got lovely on mobile today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress? That guy just said that he has been banned from multiple sphynx cat Facebook groups, and everybody is just arguing about Wil Wheaton like it was no big deal. I'm sorry, but that kind of revelation is the sort of thing that changes the topic of conversation.

I have a friend who has been expelled from several of the chillest Facebook cat groups because he won't shut the gently caress up about vegan stuff. I think it's hilarious but I suspect that he does not agree.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

He got ran off Mastodon for reporting trans women en-masse for jokes. The lady who BOFA'd him first got banned. He reported so many accounts the mods had to get involved and eventually told him to gently caress off, after which he immediately played victim because Wil Wheaton is always right how dare you.

I love the game of Telephone this has become.

One user, who happened to be a trans woman, got a 6-hour probation for being a poo poo to Wheaton. This whipped HER followers into a frenzy, and they began reporting Wheaton en masse. The mods of the Mastodon server he was on then asked him to leave because it was a pain in the rear end to field all of the reports about him and it was easier on them if he just went away.

Source: I'm on the moderation team at Mastodon.social, and have been dealing with the fallout from this. (Wheaton was on a different instance, Mastodon.cloud, with entirely different moderators.)

This is not to say that Wheaton's not kind of obnoxious or that I wanted him around. I'm happier with him gone. But it wasn't actually his behavior that got him kicked off.

(E: sorry Emmy, I'm on mobile and didn't see your request)

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Aug 30, 2018

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Trig Discipline posted:

I have a friend who has been expelled from several of the chillest Facebook cat groups because he won't shut the gently caress up about vegan stuff. I think it's hilarious but I suspect that he does not agree.

Hey feeding that cat meat? Cats dont need meat. Shove some soy in its face.

*cat kills and eats everything it can kill

*politley waits for owner to die naturally to eat.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
disagreeing with a trans person is violence

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Trig Discipline posted:

Mine's the exact opposite. I was apparently "being mean" for being the only one posting any actual science when it came to poo poo like raw diets and "omg you guys coconut oil cures everything". I'm a paid shill for both big pharma AND big pet food, it seems.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't want to belong to any facebook sphynx cat groups that would have me as a member.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If your not posting funny pictures don't post

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I like your av.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I can't I'm at the bottom :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/emquast/status/1034909725547286532

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Oh my god I cannot believe that is a real bar. It's like that poster that ad-libs every nerd thing into one sentence. Imagine how may swirlies that tavern has collectively seen.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tim Whatley posted:

Oh my god I cannot believe that is a real bar. It's like that poster that ad-libs every nerd thing into one sentence. Imagine how may swirlies that tavern has collectively seen.

I can't blame them for lashing out since they seem to be constantly bullied by 87 jock bars

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Is BOFA something other than a joke that ends with "deez nutz"?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sponge Baathist posted:

If your not posting funny pictures don't post

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jose Valasquez posted:

It's closer to a ligima.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MizPiz posted:

I can't blame them for lashing out since they seem to be constantly bullied by 87 jock bars

Imagine if they actually needed that sign, like it was a serious problem for them. Every night a group of confused guys in football jerseys wander in and get really mad that all the TVs are showing Lexx instead of sports.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jose Valasquez posted:

So it's basically a CD?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Peeny Cheez posted:

It's closer to a ligima.

Don't appropriate Sugandese culture.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

biracial bear for uncut posted:

That avocado is far too ripe.

Wait 6 minutes.

BUT NO LONGER!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So many places have tried this and sadly I don't think it will end well for them.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

It's pretty lovely to learn your people were involved in a genocide that ruined an entire civilization and even more that it is constantly glossed over or diminished.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zil posted:

So many places have tried this and sadly I don't think it will end well for them.

Let's open a business catering to the absolutely most toxic, entitled people in the world; elitist nerds. It's gonna be great.

Samuringa posted:

It's pretty lovely to learn your people were involved in a genocide that ruined an entire civilization and even more that it is constantly glossed over or diminished.

yeah but look at that dog

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Zil posted:

There is nothing that says welcome like a drama bomb of a declaration about who is and is not welcome. The kind of people who write that sort of thing are the kind of people who will get on a microphone in the middle of a crowded place, call for everyone's attention, and then verbally say that sort of thing before letting everyone else get back to whatever they were doing/cringing at that guy.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Trig Discipline posted:

TBF, cats are obligate carnivores. Cats can't be vegetarians so I doubt being vegan is an option.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Zil posted:

Dude's gonna get sued for discrimination. I guess there weren't any lawyer nerds to advise them against advertising how they are explicitly excluding folks.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Aleph Null posted:

Dude's gonna get sued for discrimination. I guess there weren't any lawyer nerds to advise them against advertising how they are explicitly excluding folks.

Yeah dude, you go call up your lawyer because some bar won't put the TV over to the colts game.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ozy media is incredible

OZY's about page posted:

That’s what drives us at OZY: the idea that more is possible. And we’re not afraid to challenge assumptions about the way the world is in order to see the world the way it could be. That conviction is right in our name. Yup, it’s from the Percy Bysshe Shelley poem “Ozymandias.” And yup, most folks read that poem as a caution against big egos and the impermanence of power.

We read it differently. To us, the poem says think big, but be humble , lest you end up “two vast and trunkless legs…in the desert.”

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Aleph Null posted:

What protected class is being discriminated against? Jocks? Discrimination isn't illegal. Discrimination against protected classes is.

Besides, it even says everyone is welcome, but the notice is to tell people not to bother asking for sports on the tvs.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

EmmyOk posted:

Ozy media is incredible

when ur hangin the next day

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Ozy media is incredible

Is their goal to broker peace between the USA and USSR at any cost?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

they are gonna have the busiest bouncers in town

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

they are gonna have the busiest bouncers in town
No they aren't.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

No they aren't.

the joke is that nerds don't respect boundaries

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What protected class is being discriminated against? Jocks? Discrimination isn't illegal. Discrimination against protected classes is.

Besides, it even says everyone is welcome, but the notice is to tell people not to bother asking for sports on the tvs.

No where does it say "everyone is welcome". It specifically says it is "for geeks" only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Ferrule posted:

No where does it say "everyone is welcome". It specifically says it is "for geeks" only.
Nowhere does it says 'only'.
What if they went to a sports bar and wanted them to turn on Battlebots/Drone Racing/Quidditch?