Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Josh owns and is my main in RE5 mercs

Put Josh in RE8

Josh and Jack co-op game

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Woolie's fear of strippers eating his chicken wings mid lapdance owns

This is the funniest loving spoiler I've ever moused over but I wish I had context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1034514716775915521

90% of the replies is DMC2

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Tae posted:

90% of the replies is DMC2

Ah, good. All is as it should be.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Don't hurt my sweet manbaby, DMC2 is Actual Trash.

edit: not even entertaining trash, it's "shooting from full screen while the camera doesn't let you see poo poo and you fight bad bosses" trash.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Plague wants Pat to play DMC2 and as Plague is a Notoriously Bad Opinion Haver I agree with omitting 2 from this list. :colbert:

(Seriously though 2 is really loving bad and not in a fun to watch way.)

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RareAcumen posted:

Josh and Jack co-op game

This is the funniest loving spoiler I've ever moused over but I wish I had context.

You mean Joe? Joe is Punch Grandpa; Jack is the head of the family and the first guy who chases you around.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
For an LP, DMC4 is the best option outta the ones available because Pat would TOTALLY eat poo poo as soon as the Nero/Dante switch happens and it would be hilarious.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
My first time playing DMC4, I quit early because of the dice board game.

My only fear for DMC 5 is that they bring random non-fighting poo poo as progression blockers.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Y-you...you just hit the die when the number pops up tho?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

You mean Joe? Joe is Punch Grandpa; Jack is the head of the family and the first guy who chases you around.

Yes, Joe. loving hell, one of them's a weird pale Homer Simpson and the other guy is old Simon Belmont how the hell did I get them mixed up?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Jack and Joe both own.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DMC4 would absolutely be the best one to do because either Pat or Woolie would not know about any of the cool poo poo Nero can actually do and eat poo poo constantly because of it or they would sit in like one style for Dante the entire time and nothing else

Tae posted:

My only fear for DMC 5 is that they bring random non-fighting poo poo as progression blockers.

They have already shown stuff like walls of roots barring progress and needing to get Niddhog seeds to get past it, so it sounds like your hopes have already been dashed

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

shenmue

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
If they play any of the DMC games all of the comments will be "YOU'RE PLAYING IT WRONG" (except if they play 2). DMC4 would be the ideal LP in an ideal world where all of them are DMC experts and can do all sorts of cool poo poo while talking at the same time, and we all know they can't do that.

Shenmue 2 would be my dream LP. It has all sorts of funny moments, intentional or not. They would have a lot more to comment on, and Pat would be able to complain/compare the game with the Yakuza series all he wants, but the videos would have to be like, at least 40 minutes long.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chaos Legion

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Big Scary Owl posted:

If they play any of the DMC games all of the comments will be "YOU'RE PLAYING IT WRONG" (except if they play 2).

I dunno, I was expecting the God Hand LP to get savaged but people mostly seemed okay with that level of competency.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
DMC 2 would not be a good LP game for much the same reason there's an expiration date on Marlow Briggs

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

DMC 2 is a lovely game to do because it's loving boring! and not in a good way! the combat is lovely and some of the boss fights are incredibly monotonous. Hope you like mashing one button or ten minutes shoot a helicopter, because that's the only way to beat it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Gene rain is some absolute nonsense, some prime eu- hold on, CHINA JANK?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
If the term isn't sino-jank, it ought to be.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Eurojank has nothing on SINOJANK, honestly. You can sense the sinojankiness from miles away, mostly because it's mobile/MMO jank.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
It's once in a blue moon that the LP community is blessed with a game that's both complete jank and as utterly incomprehensible as Gene Rain.

My favorite part was when Pat kicked that zombie and it blew apart into unreal engine assets.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

My favorite part is the guy at about 7 minutes, where his footsteps are replaced with the sound of birds instead.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
When he pulls the putter it makes the sound of the magic illusion ruby from Sonic Forces, holy moly.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Who knew China had a Neil Breen and they were making video games.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Paige confirmed goon.

Hi Paige, take steroids and get huge.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Paige confirmed goon.

Hi Paige, take steroids and get huge.

Wasn't this already known? She's written for the front page before.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Wiseblood posted:

Wasn't this already known? She's written for the front page before.

Didn't know that. She's streaming FF5 now and was talking about us talking poo poo about her boobs, boots and hooking and stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Didn't know that. She's streaming FF5 now and was talking about us talking poo poo about her boobs, boots and hooking and stuff.

TBF every part of the internet talks poo poo about her ugly boots

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

She should post here. We could help her understand puzzles.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait, who talked poo poo about her boobs?

Her BOOTS, well now, there's a reason for that

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait, who talked poo poo about her boobs?

Her BOOTS, well now, there's a reason for that

I dunno man she keeps talking about having a weird titty. That titty probably looks like her hooker boots.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Grouchio posted:

She should post here. We could help her understand puzzles.

No. It would 100% end with people creeping on her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nilbop posted:

No. It would 100% end with people creeping on her.

Yeah. Pat should post here and also keep his feet on stream from now on.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

The “I want nothin' to do with it!” shtick they have going in Mask of Death has me in stitches.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder why Liam has yet to guest star on the podcast since he left? Is he still recovering?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shut up, grouchio

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Shut up, grouchio
I'm sorry, but I've been listening through many of the podcasts from 2015, and I really miss what he had to bring to the discussion.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Liam didn't die, he streams all the time and puts out more content than anyone could possibly want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this fisticuffs is great and the weird-rear end roster rules and all, but one thing bothers me about shovel knight even though he looks great

his chestplate breathes like it's meat