Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The game part is Ghost Trick only instead of a time limit you have to try not to see panties too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Huh, let's see what this is

"a young man named Yūta Iridatsu - a normal high school kid whose"
zzzzzzzzzzz

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's a lie he's in college

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What did you expect from a Vita VN being released in 2018.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

*thinking* At least in English....

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Pretty much any anime plot that starts with "a normal everyday guy who suddenly-" gets a big ol' no from me.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The big twist in the anime is that it's actually a girl main character, and that late series switch totally makes it not gross in any way.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'll be the best ever at not staring at anime panties, by not playing that game

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will play the game and provide a trip report as it's probably bad but who knows?!!!?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Liver Disaster posted:

The big twist in the anime is that it's actually a girl main character, and that late series switch totally makes it not gross in any way.

Not true, Yuta is a dude but the body he's currently inhabiting is female

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sakurazuka posted:

Not true, Yuta is a dude but the body he's currently inhabiting is female

For some reason I thought it was the other way around so wow that's even better.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TV Zombie posted:

Man, Uppers could have been localized but they need emails in the thousands to help with the petition effort and they got ..about less than 50.. :/

What.

Where is this coming from?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What.

Where is this coming from?

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/99wvfj/tweet_by_marvelous_games_pr_about_localizing/

Not exactly how I stated it, but there hasn't been...interest in this I guess?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I played the demo a while back on the JP psn and I wasn't super impressed with it. Felt like a game you buy on sale after a few months. Highly doubt it comes to the vita anyway but I'm not paying 40 bucks for it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Uppers is a B-game in every possible way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TV Zombie posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/99wvfj/tweet_by_marvelous_games_pr_about_localizing/

Not exactly how I stated it, but there hasn't been...interest in this I guess?

Thanks!

And yeah, I have the Japanese version and is offensively mediocre. Easily the worst game produced by Takaki so far. The sad part is that there are glimpses of a genuinely fun brawler in the game, but those are dragged down by the unnecessary bullshit that Takaki put in the game. Stuff, that doesn't offer any innovation to the formula and is pretty much just there because Takaki's schtick is fanservice.

The game sold terribly in Japan even after being delayed once to try and increase preorder numbers, making the decision of not only giving it a western release but an enhanced PS4 port, very baffling.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've finally sat down to play through Muramasa Rebirth, and I was not expecting the scrotum boss.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
So this console is being discontinued by Sony, correct? If I picked one up now, how long would I be able to download games from the store?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

there’s no way for anyone to answer that unless they have an uncle at sony

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

areyoucontagious posted:

So this console is being discontinued by Sony, correct? If I picked one up now, how long would I be able to download games from the store?

Sony stopped shipping the units to stores in 2016 and nobody noticed. The physical game publishing and free PS+ games are getting shut down early next year. As it stands right now the PSP can still download games but the actual PSN store was disabled on the device itself and there will most likely be a similar situation with Vita when the time does come.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Dehry posted:

Sony stopped shipping the units to stores in 2016 and nobody noticed. The physical game publishing and free PS+ games are getting shut down early next year. As it stands right now the PSP can still download games but the actual PSN store was disabled on the device itself and there will most likely be a similar situation with Vita when the time does come.

Is there a way to get the games without using the on-device store? Or is modding the only way to keep the console going?

Basically my job is going to have my traveling a ton in the near future and I thought a handheld that could play the old final fantasy games would be a good buy to keep me occupied on long trips. Just trying to feel out longevity vs current prices.

sephiRoth IRA fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 4, 2018

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
For now, you can still buy games. "For now" could mean a year, could mean two years, nobody knows. Even after the store closes, if it works like it did for the PSP you should still be able to redownload anything you already bought.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
You can still buy PSP games on the PS Store you just have to copy them over manually on a ps3. Or buy them on the web store then access the download list on PSP which I think still works. So, hard to imagine they will stop selling Vita games any time soon.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

The Vita's been out for seven years, the PSP for fourteen and can still download games. You're just going to pirate everything anyway. You'll be fine.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Heck, from what we know it's entirely possible that the only thing that's going away anytime soon is the ability for developers to put new things into the store for the Vita.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
(Me, a guy who just bought a Vita): Hey guys what’s going on with the Vita these days?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

You can hack it, buy a thingie and put 200GB worth of games onto an MicroSD card.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's the best way to play persona 3 and 4

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Call me old fashioned but I don’t feel like bootlegging games on a recent console. Plus I wanted remote play so I updated to 3.67

Also ordered a remote-play-assist case so that I can have proper L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons

Have found that some hotel WiFi doesn’t play well with Remote Play, so I’m contemplating getting a Vita TV to plug into the hotel tv if the vita doesn’t work

Or would it be easier to get a small WiFi hub that supports UPNP?

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Sep 7, 2018

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
buy three memory cards and backup everyday to get the most out of the vita

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Honestly it's kind of hosed up that the failure rate on official memory cards is so bad that it's genuinely looking like you're gonna have to go down the homebrew adapter and :filez: route if you want to keep your vita going until the actual console fails.

Glad I sold my 64gb card when I did

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I got sick of swapping two 8Gb cards, and a PC backup, and switching between two accounts, so my Vita stays hacked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

(Me, a guy who just bought a Vita): Hey guys what’s going on with the Vita these days?

It's hacked now on every firmware so you don't have to use the most unreliable and overpriced external storage device ever to keep it running, is the most exciting release that's happened in years.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

It's hacked now on every firmware so you don't have to use the most unreliable and overpriced external storage device ever to keep it running, is the most exciting release that's happened in years.

Is it perma-hacked on the latest firmware or do you still have to re-hack it every time it boots like you used to a few months ago if you're on anything other than 3.60?

I need to get myself one of those SD adapters because yeah, my 64GB card is going to die at some point. It already did once. :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is it perma-hacked on the latest firmware or do you still have to re-hack it every time it boots like you used to a few months ago if you're on anything other than 3.60?

I need to get myself one of those SD adapters because yeah, my 64GB card is going to die at some point. It already did once. :(

If you power-cycle it yeah you have to "re-hack" it by just launching a bubble from the homescreen which takes about 5 seconds.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My vita is pure

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not sure if you'd call mine pure....

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

If you power-cycle it yeah you have to "re-hack" it by just launching a bubble from the homescreen which takes about 5 seconds.

Well, guess I have no reason not to go find out how to do this, then. Thanks.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/5qcwit/lets_compare_memory_card_failure_rates/

Hmmmmmm

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Two vitas, two pstvs, 64/32/16/8 all still holding strong. Get SD2Vita for that sweet 128gb+.