Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

(this is the best page snipe i will ever make in my life)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I'm shamelessly stealing this gif.

Also if I'm not too late for space vampire chat, as the discord knows, I glowingly recommend the 1966 film Queen of Blood. It's a fun little spook-a-doodle, and it feels really like Tobe Hooper saw it and loved it, and decided to write the Lifeforce script as an unofficial sequel (like, imagine a movie made out of whatever happened up on the space shuttle before it reached Earth, and it won't be dissimilar to QoB's plot).

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
The Town that Dreaded Spook-a-Doodle.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
to avoid spooking, keep repeating: it’s only a doodle, only a doodle, only a doodle...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Bram Spooker's

Doodle

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Simon, King of the Spook-a-doodles.

2000 Spook a doodles

The Hills have Spook-a-doodles.

The Spook-a-doodle on Haunted Hill.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
:woop::regd08:

The Last Spook on the Doodle
Spooker III: Season of the Doodle
Spook of 1000 Doodles
Spooks 2: The New Doodle
Let The Spook One Doodle
Spookanoids from the Doodle

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Simon, King of the Spook-a-doodles.

2000 Spook a doodles

The Hills have Spook-a-doodles.

The Spook-a-doodle on Haunted Hill.

The House on Spook-a-Doodle Hill

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Don’t Spook-a-doodle a Duckling

david_a posted:

Let The Spook One Doodle

hahaha

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

K. Waste posted:

Your mother spooks doodles in hell!

hahaha

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Okay one more run then it's time for bed.

Night of the Spooking Doodles
A Spook on Doodle Street
Doodle of the Spook Snatchers
S7ook-a-Doodle
Re-Doodler
I Doodled with a Spook
Henry: Portrait of a Spook-a-Doodle
Doodle from the Spooky Lagoon
Dr. Spook and Mr. Doodle
What Ever Spooked Baby Doodle?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Spook-a-doodle O' Nine Tails.

The Night Spook-a-doodle came out of the Grave.

Zombies vs Spook-a-doodle.

Halloween: The Night He Spook-a-doodled.

Frankenstein and the Spook-a-doodle from Hell.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

COOL CORN posted:

(this is the best page snipe i will ever make in my life)

Amazing.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I've seen spook-a-doodles... spook-a-doodles that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what spook-a-doodle means. Spook-a-doodle... spook-a-doodle has a face... and you must make a friend of spook-a-doodle. Spook-a-doodle and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish people would use the word Spookums. That’s a good word.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Spook-a-Way Doodle
Spook-a-Way Doodle 2 - Unspooky Doodles

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Don't tell him anything personal. You don't want Spook-a-doodle inside your head.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Somebody photoshop the peeepeepoooman to say the spoopy doodle man

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 31, 2018

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Blumhouse presents 2spooky4me

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
The Spook-a-doodle That Came From The Sea
House With Laughing Spook-a-doodles

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
8 more days til Halloween
Halloween, Halloween
8 more days til Halloween
Spook-A-Doodle

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cryin

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Every one of these shops needs to be put in the OP.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Fuckin' A Delightful :allears:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Anyone catch Searching yet? It’s getting surprisingly good reviews.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Has anyone here seen Luz yet? It's getting some great reviews and it looks amazing, very Argento-esque. And it was shot on 16mm film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4i0UadtCnE

I think the only way to watch it right now is to catch it at a festival, I couldn't even find a VOD date.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

M_Sinistrari posted:

The worms crawl in.
The worms crawl out.
You can't explain that!

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Hahahaha

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So it's not a traditional horror movie unless you watch it twice

But Upgrade 2018 is a pretty good movie with some strong horror-y elements to it. It's more of an action-revenge movie, but the tone of the movie and some of the deaths go a long way to justify my listing of it as horror

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

But Upgrade 2018 is a pretty good movie with some strong horror-y elements to it. It's more of an action-revenge movie, but the tone of the movie and some of the deaths go a long way to justify my listing of it as horror

Upgrade becomes more and more of a horror movie as it goes on, but it's hard to elaborate much on that without spoiling it.

The gore is just a small part of what makes it horror though, I was more creeped out by the body mod stuff, that felt very Cronenberg to me.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Upgrade becomes more and more of a horror movie as it goes on, but it's hard to elaborate much on that without spoiling it.

The gore is just a small part of what makes it horror though, I was more creeped out by the body mod stuff, that felt very Cronenberg to me.

Loved those hand cannons

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
After watching Puppet Master last night I think it would make a good double feature with Hellraiser. They're both slow and spooky, and only tangentially related to the cliche monsters that each series has spawned.

I'm assuming that from Puppet Master 2 on, it'll be more generic doll-based murder rampages? And not the weird story of a psychic trying to extort some rich family or something (I honestly have no idea)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

COOL CORN posted:

After watching Puppet Master last night I think it would make a good double feature with Hellraiser. They're both slow and spooky, and only tangentially related to the cliche monsters that each series has spawned.

I'm assuming that from Puppet Master 2 on, it'll be more generic doll-based murder rampages? And not the weird story of a psychic trying to extort some rich family or something (I honestly have no idea)

Puppet Master 2 kind of sets the tone for the rest of the series in my opinion. It has more money behind it (well, relatively speaking), and definitely makes no attempt to argue that people are tuning in for anything other than the puppets. It trades in the weird Victorian family drama vibe from the first film for a tone more along the lines of critters or something of that ilk.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

The focus definitely is more on the dolls in the sequels, but generic is most definitely not a word I'd use to describe Puppetmaster II and III. Definitely check those two out at least.

Here's my short reviews from May:

Basebf555 posted:

Puppetmaster II

Really was not expecting to enjoy this series as much as I have so far. Obviously these are not "good" movies, you don't need me to tell you that. But the mix of goofiness with the honest and obvious love for the genre that the filmmakers have is just too charming that it wins me over.

This first sequel is a great mash-up of different elements. Plenty of time spent on the puppets from the first film, but then also some Frankenstein and Invisible Man thrown in as well. Steve Welles is fantastic as Toulon, I was sad to see that he doesn't get a chance to reprise the role but I hope the new guy can carry the torch. Toulon gets a ton of Claude Rains moments in the movie, he's constantly up to no good and barely trying to hide it.

After two films each puppet has so much character, it's great. Pinhead is my favorite but Blade really came into his own in Puppetmaster II. Plus it seems like each sequel is going to introduce a new puppet to the gang. I love that there's a canon being established here, I understand that Puppetmaster III is a prequel where we get to see Toulon in his prime. I'm legit looking forward to watching that, never imagined I'd have that feeling about a Puppetmaster sequel.

Basebf555 posted:

Puppetmaster III: Toulon's Revenge

Really impressed with this one, just kinda blown away by the quality of the series as a whole to be honest. Am I close to the cliff here? Does the quality take a nosedive at some point? The characters in Toulon's Revenge are even better than the first two films, the central conflict between Toulon and Kraus is excellent. Guy Rolfe knocked it out of the park, and I'm glad it led to a more long term opportunity for him. He totally sells both sides of the character, the kindly older man and then the vengeful vigilante.

I love love love the puppets, they just get better and better in every sequel and the new additions are always welcome. And to whoever it was that ranked Pinhead as their least favorite puppet, get ready to feel like a shithead because my man Pinhead was a guy who was executed by Nazis for smuggling food into Jewish ghettos.. I knew I was a great judge of character!

As a period piece it's not 100% convincing(not a huge surprise given the budget), but the characters are compelling enough and the story moves briskly enough that it hardly matters.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 31, 2018

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Lmao at the posers itt watching puppet master and not the vastly superior evil bong series

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

Lmao at the posers itt watching puppet master and not the vastly superior evil bong series

Do they ever explain in those movies why the evil bong has lipstick on?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Burkion posted:

I've only seen it once, but it's got some definite horror spook-a-doodle vibes to it. Good movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Carpenter's Village of the Damned is on TV right now. It is not good. I heard he phoned it in but didn't think it would be this bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Drunkboxer posted:

Do they ever explain in those movies why the evil bong has lipstick on?

Oh, so it should be called Ms. Evil Bong?!