Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Mexican Chili Lime salt poo poo is amazing on all fruit. I'd have never even considered putting something salty on fruit but this stuff seriously just ramps the flavor up to 11 and I'll never go back.

http://www.tajin.com/products/tajin_clasico

You only have to put the tiniest sprinkle on there too. A bottle lasts me like a year or more.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 08:34 on Aug 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That does sound a lot better than plain salt. I tried his way of just regular salt on watermelon and it just didn't do it for me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

metal music is corny

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Salt is my favorite condiment, it adds the perfect tangy kick to any food. Of course, I don't ruin all my food with salt, that's not a good idea. It's all about getting the right amount on there, the precise salt to food ratio, which turns out to be a pinch or two of salt for most foods. Seasonings fill the same role as salt, but to give it a different kind of kick, zaxbys has some dang good seasoning for their fries, for example.

hawowanlawow posted:

metal music is corny

it really is, in my opinion. ska music on the other hand is just if modern rock wasn't garbage

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

"Corny" is not necessarily a bad thing for music to be.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pineapple and steak must be salted to prove you aren't a tasteless plebe.

And don't say a loving thing about tasting the meat not the spices, you use the loving salt to draw out the loving juices before cooking and make it taste better using its own natural meaty flavours. Have you tried using a reasonable amount of salt you dumb fat gently caress?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

For a second I thought you were talking about pineapples and steak together, like pineapple chunks poured over a steak, and was about to demand some steak rules.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

For a second I thought you were talking about pineapples and steak together, like pineapple chunks poured over a steak, and was about to demand some steak rules.

I feel like literal pineapple steak could work. Not “here’s some pineapple goop poured on your slab of steak” style but as like a barbecue marinade, a taco filling, or maybe a stir fry. It works for pork.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I've made stir fry with beef and pineapple. Can confirm it owns.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The people who have spent the past ten years breaking Mario Kart Wii, mapping the invisible checkpoints the game uses to monitor your progress, figuring out how to trick the checkpoint system, and finding the weird places in level geometry that if you hit them in the right way allow you to leave the permitted area and bypass massive sections of the track, those people own.
The ten people who have been finding those exploits and then practicing them over and over again, slicing fractions of a second off their completion times until the top times for every Mario Kart Wii track is like 30 seconds, those guys are heroes, they're living their best lives.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I feel like literal pineapple steak could work. Not “here’s some pineapple goop poured on your slab of steak” style but as like a barbecue marinade, a taco filling, or maybe a stir fry. It works for pork.

Grilled pineapple is goddamned delicious.

Pro Tip: Don't core it before tossing the slabs on the grill. It makes it easier to flip and serve.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

IMO pineapple can work in nearly all cuisines except Italian. Putting pineapple into anything Italians tastes like a mouth full of sickly sweet, oozing herpes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Brazilian BBQ pineapple is as great as it sounds.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
People who make jokes about that lady who sued McDonalds over their coffee being too hot are the absolute scum of the earth.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

People who make jokes about that lady who sued McDonalds over their coffee being too hot are the absolute scum of the earth.

I partially blame Seinfeld for people's reaction to that. They did that whole episode spoofing it. Didn't it burn her so bad it fused her labia together or something?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

She should be lauded for not using the balm provided by the maestro prior to the trial. That's just smart.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I partially blame Seinfeld for people's reaction to that. They did that whole episode spoofing it. Didn't it burn her so bad it fused her labia together or something?

It melted her labia to her thigh. She needed extensive skin grafts and couldn't walk for months.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It involved second degree burns and she almost died. Coffee should not be "might literally kill you" hot. Apparently all she really wanted was for McDonald's to pay the medical costs but as a gigantic soulless monster they had to be dicks about it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Guy Goodbody posted:

Most people don’t know the actual story, they just hear the part where a woman spills hot coffee and tries to pass off the responsibility onto someone else and not all the reasons why she was right to do so.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Aside from her horrible experience it kind of did irreparable harm to the idea of filing lawsuits with punitive damages. The public attitude is now that any lawsuit is just trying to hit your payday and is assumed to be illegitimate/frivolous from the start.

Those huge judgements against companies don't even seem to matter anyway. Like in the movie The Rainmaker, yeah he won a huge settlement but the company would never be able to pay, which seems to be how it goes in general (or they stretch it out with appeals until you run out of money to keep fighting it). The court process really needs to be streamlined and cases should be finalized, including appeals, within months, not years.

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
Most of the people in the OSHA thread have clearly never done any sort of work that doesn't involve staring at a screen for 8 hours a day.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

No one that jokes about it actually knows the real story, and everyone on the internet knows the real story so it's not really that unpopular. It's just old people that heard a twisted version of it in the media back when it happened.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

As A Canadian (TM), we shouldn't need the nannies to put "warning, coffee is hot" on the cup :smuggo:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spit on my clit posted:

As A Canadian (TM), we shouldn't need the nannies to put "warning, coffee is hot" on the cup :smuggo:

Hey, everybody, check it out. I was right.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's weird that between an old lady and evil corporation that you prefer supporting the corporation. The coffee was served at 190 degrees Fahrenheit (87 Celsius).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
wait what im not being serious. it was a joke, i tried to make it so obvious that its a joke. im literally making fun of the people that say that garbage and mean it

im not even from canadia

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 02:08 on Aug 31, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

Canadian coffee takeout cups say that but in deux langues

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is anyone really from Canada? Seems like they're all just Minnesotans that got lost and meandered a little further north.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Don't Canadians drink coffee out of a plastic bag

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is anyone really from Canada? Seems like they're all just Minnesotans that got lost and meandered a little further north.

Canada is a false flag

(lmao accidentally typed flalse fag)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, Canada exists. I've been there. I met 12 people so I'm reasonably certain the population is over a dozen but they could have also been tourists.

Delaware, on the other hand...

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
Counterpoint: the appropriate water temperature for brewing coffee is 205 degrees, so it's always going to be pretty drat hot when you buy it. Anyone who's ever encountered coffee before should be well aware that putting a cup of coffee between your legs in a moving vehicle is a stupid thing to do whether it's served at 190 degrees or 175 degrees.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

- McDonald’s operations manual required the franchisee to hold its coffee at 180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. Coffee at that temperature, if spilled, causes third-degree burns in three to seven seconds.

- The chairman of the department of mechanical engineering and biomechanical engineering at the University of Texas testified that this risk of harm is unacceptable, as did a widely recognized expert on burns, the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation, the leading scholarly publication in the specialty.

- McDonald’s admitted it had known about the risk of serious burns from its scalding hot coffee for more than 10 years. The risk had repeatedly been brought to its attention through numerous other claims and suits.

- An expert witness for the company testified that the number of burns was insignificant compared to the billions of cups of coffee the company served each year.
At least one juror later told the Wall Street Journal she thought the company wasn’t taking the injuries seriously. To the corporate restaurant giant those 700 injury cases caused by hot coffee seemed relatively rare compared to the millions of cups of coffee served. But, the juror noted, “there was a person behind every number and I don’t think the corporation was attaching enough importance to that.”

- McDonald’s quality assurance manager testified that McDonald’s coffee, at the temperature at which it was poured into Styrofoam cups, was not fit for consumption because it would burn the mouth and throat.

- McDonald’s admitted at trial that consumers were unaware of the extent of the risk of serious burns from spilled coffee served at McDonald’s then-required temperature.

- McDonald’s admitted it did not warn customers of the nature and extent of this risk and could offer no explanation as to why it did not.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Good points, but McDonald's gave humanity the BigMac. I think they deserve a break today.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
Coffee shops still serve coffee at a temperature hot enough to fuse your labia to your legs, so it's clear that "serving hot coffee at 180+ degrees is unreasonably dangerous and should not be allowed" was in no way the conclusion of the lawsuit. All McDonald's really did as a result of the lawsuit was start warning people that hot coffee is hot.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah for a big chain the warning should cover their rear end. The big takeaway is that corporations are jerks and will go to great lengths to fund disinformation campaigns. The lady wasn't even asking for that much money, just the hospital bills. McDonald's hosed themselves.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Solice Kirsk posted:

Good points, but McDonald's gave humanity the McRib. I think they deserve a break today.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Full disclosure, I’ve never eaten a McRib but they seem to be quite popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I often wonder why every gas station on earth still chooses to serve their coffee nuclear hot 25 years after the McDonalds lawsuit. Honestly I don't get why it needs to stay at that temp once it's brewed it's loving horrid sitting there trying to test if it's gonna burn your lips off or not.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Aug 31, 2018