Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

25 is pretty much the recommended level anyway.

I faintly recall she might have some elemental weakness that renders her vulnerable to an older weapon and allows you to shave a few levels off that BUT THE GUIDEBOOK SAYS YOU HAVE TO BE 25 AND OLD HABITS DIE HARD I GUESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My Lovely Horse posted:

I faintly recall she might have some elemental weakness that renders her vulnerable to an older weapon and allows you to shave a few levels off that BUT THE GUIDEBOOK SAYS YOU HAVE TO BE 25 AND OLD HABITS DIE HARD I GUESS

Speaking of things guidebooks made me do, I don't think I ever completed a run of SMRPG wihtout my power-team being Peach, Mario, and Bowser, with Peach in the Lazy Shell armor.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah, she's weak to light, and there's a light-elemental weapon that's like one or two levels lower than the nominally best weapon you can have at that point in the game. Or you can just cast Zap over and over again.

Neito posted:

Speaking of things guidebooks made me do, I don't think I ever completed a run of SMRPG wihtout my power-team being Peach, Mario, and Bowser, with Peach in the Lazy Shell armor.

Mario/Peach/Bowser and Mario/Peach/Geno were my go-tos. I never liked Mallow and couldn't conceive of not having a healer in the party.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only thing Mallow had over Peach was that move that shows the enemy's HP. Otherwise she's a straight upgrade

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Danaru posted:

The only thing Mallow had over Peach was that move that shows the enemy's HP. Otherwise she's a straight upgrade

It also showed you funny quotes if you did it as a timed attack.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I was playing Super Mario RPG recently and using the Nintendo Player's Guide to find the hidden treasure chests. I found out that enemies actually have elemental weaknesses so sometimes Mallow's lightning move comes in handy but besides that, you may as well just use Peach.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
While the Sims 4 is complete emotionless garbage compared to 3, it did give us the best version of any Katy Perry songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxyW6AJ-yIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdiRPBWE--g

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

In regards to Atreus being a little poo poo at a point during the game, when I got to that point, not only would he ignore my commands to fire, but he also refused to rez me once, and even said a lovely comment about me eating poo poo.

I love that little bastard.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

edit: wrong thread

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kruller posted:

In regards to Atreus being a little poo poo at a point during the game, when I got to that point, not only would he ignore my commands to fire, but he also refused to rez me once, and even said a lovely comment about me eating poo poo.

I love that little bastard.

TKing your own dad, now that is hardcore.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RagnarokAngel posted:

I wish it went on a little longer because by the time it clicked that segment was over and everything goes back to the status quo. It's a cool bit of character building and i just wish it was a slower burn.

The odd timing and duration of it all was explained too: He wasn't just being an rear end in a top hat because he found out he's a god, he was being an rear end in a top hat because he had a little buzz on. In Norse mythology, Loki is an extremely renowned rear end in a top hat drunk.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

While the Sims 4 is complete emotionless garbage compared to 3, it did give us the best version of any Katy Perry songs

This brightend my day. Thank you.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

This was from 3. And yes it rules.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Sims 3 also had Rise Against which was especially surprising to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf5XTOrPM4

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

This was from 3. And yes it rules.

poo poo, further proof that Sims 3 is best Sims.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

in Yakuza: Kiwami, if you bring Haruka with you to the Colosseum, she'll cheer you on during fights and it's loving adorable

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Haruka wants to see some fuckin' blood

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
You are all barely scratching the surface of who agreed to sing songs in Simlish.

Sims 2 had Depeche Mode, They Might Be Giants and the Flaming Lips, 3 has the aforementioned Rise Against and OK Go, 4 has Portugal. The Man etc.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Morpheus posted:

Looking forward to Yakuza 7 where she better be kicking rear end alongside the new character, her baby in a carrier on her back and everything.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Morpheus posted:

My favourite thing was when I would fight Majima, and during the intro where Majima is sneaking up on Kiryu, Haruka's already excitedly running to the sideline like "hell yeah! hell yeah!"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Haruka also really loves gambling

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Bussamove posted:

Looking forward to Yakuza 7 where she better be kicking rear end alongside the new character, her baby in a carrier on her back and everything.

I was legitimately disappointed that you don't get to lay some smackdown while playing as Haruka, and instead have to do dance battles. Don't get me wrong, enjoyed those (song was catchy as hell, gently caress, was humming it months after I stopped playing), but I wanted to beat up some teenager assholes as an unassuming young lady. Possibly with Kiryu looking on approvingly.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Morpheus posted:

I was legitimately disappointed that you don't get to lay some smackdown while playing as Haruka, and instead have to do dance battles. Don't get me wrong, enjoyed those (song was catchy as hell, gently caress, was humming it months after I stopped playing), but I wanted to beat up some teenager assholes as an unassuming young lady. Possibly with Kiryu looking on approvingly.

Haruka is a nice polite young lady and would never piledrive a man's face into the pavement and then stomp on it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

RubberLuffy posted:

Haruka is a nice polite young lady and would never piledrive a man's face into the pavement and then stomp on it.

She 100% would if they were threatening her friends.

Haruka mode: play as Haruka, always walking around with one other person. Thugs and stuff approach, but they don't threaten Haruka, they threaten the friend she's walking with. Haruka responds appropriately. Battle ends with bloodied attackers on their hands and knees begging forgiveness from Haruka's friend.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want to see Haruka walking around in Beast style.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wanna see Haruka doing a Chaos Dunk with a bowling ball.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Until then, we have this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9RrdIUpTI

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Don Gato posted:

You are all barely scratching the surface of who agreed to sing songs in Simlish.

Sims 2 had Depeche Mode, They Might Be Giants and the Flaming Lips, 3 has the aforementioned Rise Against and OK Go, 4 has Portugal. The Man etc.

Woah, I assumed they only had a few celebrities come in to do a pop hit every once in a while. There are some seriously good songs in there.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bow'm convinced wibbs listening to dis so simlish es like hooba people who don't sperk english hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcf1bxW0YIg

Either wibbs or bow'm having a stroke.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
:pcgaming: WASIPISAU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i want to watch a serious, sit-down interview with the people who came up with simlish and figure out what the lyrics of songs like those should look like

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Simlish has straight translations to English, it's a full-blown language. Probably some editing for style and cadence though.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

RubberLuffy posted:

Kiryu truly failed as a father.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've beaten Terranigma. I liked the ending although the last few areas after Bloody Mary were really easy by comparison and all the subsequent bosses felt fairly simple even if I had to heal a lot. I loved the end credits though, with flying around the world as a bird seeing how far technology progressed 200 years later. That was a cool sequence.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

I've beaten Terranigma. I liked the ending although the last few areas after Bloody Mary were really easy by comparison and all the subsequent bosses felt fairly simple even if I had to heal a lot. I loved the end credits though, with flying around the world as a bird seeing how far technology progressed 200 years later. That was a cool sequence.

Hah, personally my big roadblock the first time was the security robot of all things, couldn't tell you why.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Ariong posted:

Woah, I assumed they only had a few celebrities come in to do a pop hit every once in a while. There are some seriously good songs in there.
I always liked Simish Too Shy as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSGbAFNVwU&t=63s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjzcT1QKYs&t=53s

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

Did you manage to get all the cities developed? I don't know if it has any bearing on the ending, just curious because I never pulled it off.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
All except Australia.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BioEnchanted posted:

All except Australia.

No big loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Majima status: still the loving man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7vUJjpjzho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n71yZVbNl2c