Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Got a double we ran out of medals last night with no shotgun or heavy ammo.

https://youtu.be/GkURYX_sjcM

Nightshade is fuckinh dope.

Ignore my stupid team mate btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also something changed with fighting lion, it is doing wayyyyy more damage to stuff. Both direct hits and splash.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Also something changed with fighting lion, it is doing wayyyyy more damage to stuff. Both direct hits and splash.

2 ammo? Or spawn with 8?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What are they doing to the new guns? Removing a perk or something?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

2 ammo? Or spawn with 8?

No idea, I'm talking pve.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Scathelock has been sneaky good, but now it's so tasty

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I missed the chat surrounding new armor people are getting... Are we all getting similar stuff perk wise?
My Hunter got a helmet with Heavy Ammo Finder, and I can choose between hidden hand or kinetic or energy.

Honestly haven't notice a difference in aim assist with either weapon category :/

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

I missed the chat surrounding new armor people are getting... Are we all getting similar stuff perk wise?
My Hunter got a helmet with Heavy Ammo Finder, and I can choose between hidden hand or kinetic or energy.

Honestly haven't notice a difference in aim assist with either weapon category :/

all of the armor i have gotten has had unflinching perks

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I want that honestly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've got a very important question for a very important person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--kh3ePHrjo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

I think I need that Valus Ta'Aurc speech T-shirt

Is the t-shirt just the loading screen dialogue?

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos

RBA Starblade posted:

Is the t-shirt just the loading screen dialogue?

I would love to have this to wear shamefully at home.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/MmEclLV.gifv

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

B O N E

K
R
E
W

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
holy poo poo inaugural address is just loving filthy good right now

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

the good fax machine posted:

cheese channels on lfg discords are extremely :discourse: right now

what was this? people wintrading via VPN?

wonder how many redrix's bungie is gonna take away

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hahahahahahaha double down

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what was this? people wintrading via VPN?

wonder how many redrix's bungie is gonna take away

yep, win trading in comp/trials. popular theory is that full bans are going to come down to ddosers, and wintraders will lose gear/be pvp restricted. nobody will know for sure until the 4th

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Can't wait for all these cunts to get banned.

gently caress them

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there are like 10k redrixes in the world and this dude is like 'i could have gotten it legit if I tried' lmao ok

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I always wonder if those people selling guaranteed trials/redrix/whatever runs earn them legitimately with skill or just ddos/cheese to get through it. Caveat Emptor I guess.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Inaugural Address is busted right now and I love it. Loved all the broken pulses in D1 and this feels like that did.

Also 1HKO Shoulder Charge is fun as gently caress. I've just been equipping Skullfort and running around like an idiot racking up corner kills.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's really a matter of cost. if it's expensive, it's probably actual gameplay. if it's cheap it's almost definitely ddos/wintrading.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Scathelock you say?

rip my sweet sweet new gun. i hardly knew ye

Looks like my vault is going to be a direct-upgrade advent calendar over the next year

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

hiddenriverninja posted:

I always wonder if those people selling guaranteed trials/redrix/whatever runs earn them legitimately with skill or just ddos/cheese to get through it. Caveat Emptor I guess.

thats probably the funniest thing about this, there 100% will be people that paid for recovs and are going to have their account banned as well

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah I've paid for like 3x low price recoveries since launch, so fingers crossed!

I always wondered why they charged an extra $15 to Stream the recovery. Guessing it's because they ddos unless you pay extra

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
for right now at least it looks like they're not targeting recoveries that actually played out the games, because that's something that would be a lot harder to detect.

it looks like they're going over match histories and looking for frequent dnfs on the other team and cross-referencing that.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

for right now at least it looks like they're not targeting recoveries that actually played out the games, because that's something that would be a lot harder to detect.

it looks like they're going over match histories and looking for frequent dnfs on the other team and cross-referencing that.

lol this owns

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Not just DNFs but DNFs from error codes and poo poo.

Which if what they say is true, is cool and good and loving finally bungie.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Can someone describe how this DNF or glitching works? I’m curious. Is it only on PC? Or XBOX too.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
DNF is just 'did not finish'. having a lot of dnfs can indicate a bunch of stuff, from wintrading to ddosing. it's not a 'glitch' or anything, it's just a piece of information the game stores about a match.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dick, non-fluffed

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!
Is there a discord or anything for making groups to do specific things or is the bone krew m.o. to just poo poo out invites to whoever is online?

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
I DNF'd your mom. She didn't deserve to.

On a topic related note: I fully expect a bunch of the issues that showed up this week, to carry over past launch

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Can someone describe how this DNF or glitching works? I’m curious. Is it only on PC? Or XBOX too.

1. DDOS guy has a packet sniffer on his router so he can tell where various connections are coming from since Destiny is P2P architecture so all connection data goes to and from people's console almost directly.

2. DDOS guy sorts out who is who based on origin location of the packets, they know that their players are from location x, y and z, and all the opponents are from locations a, b and c.

3. DDOS guy uses a service (botnet usually) of some sort to initiate a flood of data to the routers of opponents with location a using the open connection from the PvP service

4. Opponent A's connection gets flooded with useless data packets and the person lags out with an error code

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's software out there that helps with this too, you run an app that hooks up to your router to monitor connections. You identify the ip addresses of your fireteam and the game servers, and it's trivial to pick out the traffic of the opposing team.

It works regardless of platform as they're attacking the network, not the game.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ran out of medals last night with suros and ikelos smg, just got it a few days ago, that thing loving rips. Also 10 resil real good.

Still struggling to get a feel for what non TIESTO fusion is worth using.

Also lol @ how bad my map instincts are from bailing on the game from launch until this month. Gonna take awhile to get my feet again.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

victrix posted:

Ran out of medals last night with suros and ikelos smg, just got it a few days ago, that thing loving rips. Also 10 resil real good.

Also lol @ how bad my map instincts are from bailing on the game from launch until this month. Gonna take awhile to get my feet again.

IB one or main ingredient are both solid choices.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

victrix posted:

main ingredient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Why use anything but telesto tho

I actually played a PvP match for the first time in ever and

[Img tim and Eric real estate guy but it says "it's free kda"]