Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Deku is weirdly jazzed about having Mineta's hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Deku is weirdly jazzed about having Mineta's hair.

hey, free quirk

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Zomborgon posted:

Interesting that Tokoyami and Kouda qualify as having hair

This reminds me of a idle passing thought I had: You know how Tokoyami is the gothiest hot topic edgelord? What if black isn't his natural feather color. What if he's got, like, a red cardinal head and he just dyes his feathers black.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bobulus posted:

This reminds me of a idle passing thought I had: You know how Tokoyami is the gothiest hot topic edgelord? What if black isn't his natural feather color. What if he's got, like, a red cardinal head and he just dyes his feathers black.

Somebody post that fan art with Tokoyami with chick feathers.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

symbolic posted:

It took me a moment to realize that was Sero with Kaminari's hair and not just Kaminari. :psyduck:

Yeah, this really makes you step back and think about how you recognize characters. I had to figure out who Kaminari was by process of elimination, because his hair is way more of his overall design than his face is.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yeah, this really makes you step back and think about how you recognize characters. I had to figure out who Kaminari was by process of elimination, because his hair is way more of his overall design than his face is.

Unless he's a thumbdumb boy.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Missing Shigaraki with Midnight's hair but otherwise pretty good

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think Shouji with Tsuyu's hair is my favorite. He looks beautiful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Same for me with the K-boys, though in retrospect there's a pretty clear difference. Kirishima's teeth are pointy.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

If you had told me Pop would wind up being my favorite part of Vigilantes back when it started, I probably would have laughed myself to death. But she's fun, and I enjoy all the crap she has to put up with.

I was iffy on Pop at first, but she's grown on me a lot. Really, it's neat just how much Vigilantes has improved so much. I think it started getting better when it moved to a different magazine?

Also Makoto's my favorite for how competent she is and doesn't need to fight to be cool. She gives me some major Lois Lane vibes.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Same. Without his usual hairstyle, Kaminari's face here looks a lot more like a bad guy's.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I really like vigilantes too, and Pop is one of the chief reasons.

Knuckleduster leaving was a blow to the series IMO, as I loved his character - but Pop has stepped up and is a great side character that I really like a lot more now.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

amigolupus posted:

I was iffy on Pop at first, but she's grown on me a lot. Really, it's neat just how much Vigilantes has improved so much. I think it started getting better when it moved to a different magazine?

I think it got better when it STOPPED getting moved between magazines over and over again and got to start telling a story.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm not sure if Vigilantes is quite as good as MHA, but it's a lot more entertaining than most of the other currently running shojo stuff and that's a pretty impressive feat for a spinoff.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

New chapter.

More of class B please :allears:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
:gonk: A-are they wearing shed frog-skins to turn them into Froppy Copies?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Don't copy that Froppy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crasical posted:

Oh I thought she just marked them with her scent or whatever using whatever new frog powers she developed, and that the final page was just a visual representation of what Beast Guy is sensing.

But that's a super neat theory and I loving dig it.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I think it's a shame the official translation seems to not use Beast Guy's speech patterns.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I really hope every match gets a full couple chapters like this, because I think it's where MHA's at its best.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

What's the name for the fetish that Air Box Guy has apparently awakened?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Class B is going to sweep these fights.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

JosephWongKS posted:

What's the name for the fetish that Air Box Guy has apparently awakened?

He doesn't look like he enjoyed it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Don't copy that Froppy.

Holy poo poo :thatonevincemcmahongif:

Brandfarlig posted:

Think again Brandfarlig, those kana say "doki doki." He dug it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

those kana say "doki doki." He dug it.

rest in peace air box guy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

Tsuburaba is a Mineta-caliber pervert, he was def into it

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Oxxidation posted:

Tsuburaba is a Mineta-caliber pervert, he was def into it

Hey, don't impugn Tsuburuba's character by comparing him to Mineta like that. He's just at a very impressionable age, is all, and that whole situation really weirdly erotic if you think about it. Also the joke was actually funny.

Poor guy is probably saddled with like, at least three distinct Tsuyu-centric fetishes now, though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hey, don't impugn Tsuburuba's character by comparing him to Mineta like that. He's just at a very impressionable age, is all, and that whole situation really weirdly erotic if you think about it. Also the joke was actually funny.

Poor guy is probably saddled with like, at least three distinct Tsuyu-centric fetishes now, though.

his character notes say his pupils are elongated because of his obsessive fixation with mt lady’s chest

it’s a joke, but it gives you an idea of the guy’s priorities in life

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the comparison is still unfair and rude

he's a focused pervert. mineta lacks discipline

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Crasical posted:

Remember one of her powers is she can secrete a toxic slime that just stings a little. Guessing she used that to mark the other two with her scent.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/196/5311/1

Monoma had a secret role model.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

We learned a very important thing about Shinso's quirk in this chapter: He can't make people talk or answer questions, so those theories about him being used to find the traitor is probably out the window now.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm glad Mina, Kyoka and Yuga are getting involved in activism at such a young age.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh god, he really does look like a grown-up Bakugou, thanks for the image Horikoshi.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1035530189604700160

Also chapter was good, though I'm sad my boy Kirishima is already out while Tsuyu keeps getting a crapton of focus and causing people to get frog fetishes even in-universe now. Getting a proper explanation of Shinso's Quirk is neat though.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Rhonne posted:

We learned a very important thing about Shinso's quirk in this chapter: He can't make people talk or answer questions, so those theories about him being used to find the traitor is probably out the window now.

And it doesn't work through any sort of microphone, so he can't disrupt remote communications. You can entirely negate him with sound-cancelling headset radios.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You can negate him by literally punching the person who is mind controlled. He seemed pretty useless here, as expected, so let's see Tsuyu's plan to integrate him

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Has Shinsou made anyone use their quirk while mind controlled yet?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

"I've never tested it, but it's highly unlikely I can brainwash multiple people simultaneously"

Weren't at least two or all three of his compatriots during the sports festival brainwashed? Or am I just misremembering?

Neito fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 31, 2018

Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010

Neito posted:

"I've never tested it, but it's highly unlikely I can brainwash multiple people simultaneously"

Weren't at least two or all three of his compatriots during the sports festival brainwashed? Or am I just misremembering?

he had at least two people carrying him during the sports festival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Neito posted:

I'vereas it as meaning that he can't brainwash two people at the same time if they both happen to answer to the same phrase. He can do it sequentially.