Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fart City posted:

So apparently the dude who is playing Charles Manson in Tarantino’s Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is also going to be in the second season of David Fincher’s Mindhunters... also playing Charles Manson.

And thus the true MCU is born.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/08/30/turns-out-quentin-tarantinos-charles-manson-is-also-david-finchers-charles
Looking forward to the Manson Cinematic Universe

When do we get the origin of him being a failed musician

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
28 Troubles China.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Cross-posting from the horror thread:

Big Spook in Little a-Doodle.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Predator/status/1035512539801694209

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Looking forward to the Manson Cinematic Universe

When do we get the origin of him being a failed musician

Too bad Michael Sheard is dead or he could pop up as Hitler again and really make the movie connections flow!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

This feels like it's from 2003. Jet Li should be in this movie.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This feels like it's from 2003. Jet Li should be in this movie.

And yet this is the trailer that has finally sold me on the movie.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
That trailer was sweet, and I'm even more pumped for the movie. It's going to be an incredible popcorn flick.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Don't you think it's kind of embarrassing that Predators die as often as they do in these movies? Like the general conceit is that they are the galactic equivalent of man-cave dads who go out on weekend hunting trips to shoot easy prey. How often are hobbyist hunters in real life killed by deer? Anyway, I'll probably see this.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Deer kill about 150 people a year in the US. A more realistic version of Predator would have Arnold win by crashing through the alien spaceship's front windshield.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Don't you think it's kind of embarrassing that Predators die as often as they do in these movies? Like the general conceit is that they are the galactic equivalent of man-cave dads who go out on weekend hunting trips to shoot easy prey. How often are hobbyist hunters in real life killed by deer? Anyway, I'll probably see this.

I thought they were looking for some kind of challenge, taking on guerrillas and Gary Busey because it was hard. Of course, there are just the two movies to go on.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If Predators can be defeated by humans and humans can be defeated by Ewoks, then can Predators be defeated by Ewoks? When's that movie coming out?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Predator gets drunk and falls out of tree, shooting himself in the leg. His buddies are off mudding and get stuck and die of CO poisoning.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Sir Kodiak posted:

Deer kill about 150 people a year in the US. A more realistic version of Predator would have Arnold win by crashing through the alien spaceship's front windshield.

I was tryin to pull that Ventura off my axle and damned if that ornery son of a bitch didn’t bite me right on the hand.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Tars Tarkas posted:

Predator gets drunk and falls out of tree, shooting himself in the leg. His buddies are off mudding and get stuck and die of CO poisoning.

Now I'm imagining the Predator version of The Gathering.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
This movie's also supposed to involve a civil war between Predator factions, so take that as you will.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

pospysyl posted:

Now I'm imagining the Predator version of The Gathering.

Dreadlocked weirdo in a mesh shirt flashing its maw at anybody that passes by? Checks out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Predator shot by other Predator in "accident" although everyone is suspicious when they learn that the first Predator was sleeping with the second Predator's wife.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Cythereal posted:

This movie's also supposed to involve a civil war between Predator factions, so take that as you will.

That was a subplot in Predators as well. The movie where a Yakuza killed a Predator with a katana.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Now I'm imaging a Predator version of Deliverance.

"Squeal like a Xenomorph."

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

AngryBooch posted:

That was a subplot in Predators as well. The movie where a Yakuza killed a Predator with a katana.

I mean the guy was a descendant of Hattori Hanzo

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Harime Nui posted:

I mean the guy was a descendant of Hattori Hanzo

I mean, I have a soft spot for that movie in the same way I do for that Deadliest Warrior show. Predators is basically Deadliest Warrior with a budget.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Boy you got an ugly mouth

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

AngryBooch posted:

I mean, I have a soft spot for that movie in the same way I do for that Deadliest Warrior show. Predators is basically Deadliest Warrior with a budget.

Both franchises are unified by the practice of throwing chakrams at pig carcasses.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That trailer makes me sad that Sterling K. Brown isn't the main character.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AngryBooch posted:

Predliest Warrior?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A bunch of Predators build mechs that combine into a Megazord to take on the ultimate prey - Godzilla!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

I'm pretty sure Kiryu could up a Predator and then it would apologize to Kiryu and promise to change its ways.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tars Tarkas posted:

A bunch of Predators build mechs that combine into a Megazord to take on the ultimate prey - Godzilla!

A bunch of Predators see Godzilla and go "You know what, we're good. Bye!"

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm pretty sure Kiryu could up a Predator and then it would apologize to Kiryu and promise to change its ways.

wow I never thought I’d be this mad that I’ve never seen a predator get German suplexed, but here we are.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Now I'm imaging a Predator version of Deliverance.

"Squeal like a Xenomorph."

Only if it has a fat Ned Beatty Predator and a lanky Ronny Cox Predator.

Also, I want a father-son Predator team, but the son totally doesn't want to be there, so he's turning in rednecks he's pulled off their couch from a trailer park alive to satisfy the hunt requirements, only to have dad catch and release until he finds a good enough hunt.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

got any sevens posted:

Boy you got an ugly mouth

I laughed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Young Freud posted:

Only if it has a fat Ned Beatty Predator and a lanky Ronny Cox Predator.

Don't forget the Burt Reynolds Predator with a huge moustache and leather vest.

(Disclaimer: I know Reynolds didn't have his moustache yet in Deliverance.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Fart City posted:

Both franchises are unified by the practice of throwing chakrams at pig carcasses.

Accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBfx5_thw8A

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Yautja are a race of Chuds. Like do you wonder if they have soyboy sjw yautja who get pissed at the unethical hunting of mankind

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lobok posted:

If Predators can be defeated by humans and humans can be defeated by Ewoks, then can Predators be defeated by Ewoks? When's that movie coming out?

The nerd version of MMath. I'm into it.

AngryBooch posted:

That was the dumbest loving scene.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Grendels Dad posted:

A bunch of Predators see Godzilla and go "You know what, we're good. Bye!"

They strike me more as the type to park the spaceship in a safe orbit and break out the equivalent of popcorn. Maybe visit Skull Island.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
...Godzilla the intergalactic tourist attraction. There's a plot.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Just lucky it wasn't Majima. The entire species would be dead in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Snowman_McK posted:

That was the dumbest loving scene.

I'll give it the credit that it's the first thing I think about regarding that movie. I remember watching it and thinking "Oh no they aren't doing this are they? Oh God they are."